[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any cryptids you believe actually exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
Are there any cryptids you believe actually exist?
>>
Yes I believe in the fanged duck rabbit deer.

I also believe in life after love.
>>
Dragons
>>
I believed in dicked lizards.
>>
File: Tsuchinoko.gif (27 KB, 300x289) Image search: [Google]
Tsuchinoko.gif
27 KB, 300x289
>>
>>17383467
shadow people. not sure if they would be classified as cryptids by most

they are not people they just mimic the forms they "see". they exist outside of our normal 3 dimensional space but can "bleed" into it from higher 5d - 9d space. they are physical beings not supernatural
>>
>>17383845
Fuck yeah, Tsuchinoko.
>>
>>17384145
Shadow people are just internal projections imo based on the times I've experienced them
>>
>>17383845
story?
>>
sidewinders
>>
Bigfoot
Dogmen (not 100% but I WANT TO BELIEVE)
Aliens (not sure if they count as cryptids)
I believe skinwalkers/goatmen/wendigos/ etc stem from true encounters people had with jinn of the forest
I have no explanation for ghosts

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but yeah.
>>
>>17384340
Bigfoot? Really?
>>
Does anyone have that picture of the girl with red hair and shopped lips? I need it for paranormal purposes...
>>
Wheres penelk?
>>
>>17384358
You ever lived in the woods? In the ass-backwards, more-redneck-than-redneck backwoods? So fucking dense you're a goddamn idiot for being there and you know it?
I have, but I got the fuck out. I've got family that lives in the goddamn middle of nowhere in east-central Texas and the stories they can tell will really make you wonder.

There has never been 1 gorilla carcass found in nature that died from natural causes. We know they exist, don't we? After discovering a panda pelt in a remote Chinese village, scientists accepted it was a real animal and multiple searches and expeditions were started to find the panda. They found a live panda 60 years later. Think about this: a panda is a large, slow, bamboo-eating bear that has black and white fur and stands out from its surroundings. A Sasquatch is assumed to be an intelligent primate that has fur that blends into its environment.

There are literally hundreds of thousands of acres of uncivilized, unsettled, unexplored forest in the world.
Do the math.
>>
File: what-is-love-570898416.gif (164 KB, 295x210) Image search: [Google]
what-is-love-570898416.gif
164 KB, 295x210
>>17383496
>Yes I believe in the fanged duck rabbit deer.
>I also believe in life after love.

Underrated comment, anon.
>>
>>17383467
I tend to think most do. There's no particular reason to believe they don't. Absence of evidence is usually evidence of time travel theft. The future does NOT own the past.
>>
PNW here, bigfoot
>>
File: 1452168395092.jpg (620 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1452168395092.jpg
620 KB, 1500x1500
>>17384444
>believes in time travel theft of evidence like a goddamn lunatic
>want to deny but cannot resist the quad quads
>WAT DO
I believe, master. I BELIEVE!
>>
File: 1455056569158.jpg (103 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1455056569158.jpg
103 KB, 960x960
Bump
>>
>>17384450
because?
>>
>>17383467
Generally reports of shit that are bigger than they should be. I'm sure every now and then there's one of an animal that has defects that make that mother fucker huge compared to others of its species. Then it dies off quick because health issues and no one ever sees it again.
>>
File: Eastern_Hognose_Snake.jpg (74 KB, 445x363) Image search: [Google]
Eastern_Hognose_Snake.jpg
74 KB, 445x363
>>17383845
>>
>>17384378

Then how come there isn't a fossil record of large, human-like primates in North America? Presumably they had to evolve as such, filling niches and all.
>>
File: 3-reptos.png (1 MB, 1028x1240) Image search: [Google]
3-reptos.png
1 MB, 1028x1240
!!!

found 3 repto skeletons and a 4th frog lookin species on google.. not one comment in 3 months!
>>
>>17385353
Deep sea gigantism is a well-documented, if not a bit baffling natural occurence. Who's to say that the same doesn't go for things deep in forests or tundras or deserts? Pretty spoopy if ya ask me

Cryptids I believe in:
Bigfoot
Wendigos
Allens
>>
File: ModernDayDragons.jpg (192 KB, 1028x768) Image search: [Google]
ModernDayDragons.jpg
192 KB, 1028x768
>>17383467
Depends, there's plenty I believe exist, just not quite as we know them/they some uncommon variation of an existing animal that went out long ago.

For example, several lake monsters such as ogopogo, I think, might be the result of some rare, if now extinct, freshwater whale that developed a more serpentine body.

>>17383845
these guys here are likely the result of snakes with glandular problems that basically made them the Fat Man of serpents. or they're these guys >>17385369

But then there are those I think straight up exist exist.

>>17383515
oh, dragons do still exist. there might be one in your house right now!

>>17383496
But if you never truly stop loving, how can one say that there is life after love.

Love is not simply between two human souls, but can be the love a man has for life, the love of the morning sky and the scent of the sea.

Love is all around us my friend, and even the bleakest hearts, they feel it too. A tiny ember which keeps them from falling to total despair.

>>17385461
The funny thing about fossils is that conditions are actually pretty specific, and not every place is right for them. If we also assume Sasquatches practice some form of ritual burial or even suicide that is not ideal for leaving behind fossils, that too may make it harder to locate.

As is, our records, as I understand, are pretty incomplete and we've only got an estimated... What, 5% of the flora and fauna of even the late Cambrian era mapped out?
>>
>>17385369

Wow that is a beautiful snake. Is it poisonous?
>>
>>17385471
>Allens
I believe in them too, anon.

We've even gotten them on camera too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DewDqsszXi8
>>
>>17385491
Go digging around in a peat bog and I'm sure you can find lots of weird weird fossils.

Maybe Sasquatches cannibalize their dead? Eat the bones? Wolverines (basically forest hyenas) and other large scavengers cracking bones to eat marrow, leaving behind bone fragments mistaken for human?
>>
>>17385500
spoopy af anon i ain't sleepin tonite
>>
>>17385502
Cannibalization of their dead seems like the most likely explanation. Combined with a surprisingly low morality rate.

If they left behind too many bone fragments from various ways of dying, they would have been tested by now and discovered as non-human, though the chances would still be unlikely.

Sassies are implied to be nearly human levels of intelligent, powerful, and tough, and the apparently lack of bodies might even suggest they're surprisingly careful and/or nimble enough to avoid disasters. They're small in number but powerful apex predators.

I also wonder about their potential relations with yeti. Assuming they are human like, chances are big foot and the like came over on the Bering bridge.
>>
>>17385491
>If we also assume Sasquatches practice some form of ritual burial

You proceed from a false premise that fossil records for Bigfoot do not exist because conditions were not present to sustain the fossils and then go right into another false premise about burial rituals for Bigfoot, a species that has zero evidence to support its existence. Even the Patterson film from 1967 has been dismissed as a hoax. Where is the evidence these creatures exist?
>>
>>17385539

>Even the Patterson film from 1967 has been dismissed as a hoax.

The moon landing and spherical earth has also been dismissed as a hoax. But someone calling it a hoax is completely different then actually debunking it. Which no one successfully has.

Even the Patterson film from 1967 has been dismissed as a hoax.
>>
>>17385539
honestly, I myself classify big foot and such as among tales of "actual if aberrant variations of real creatures which have been exaggerated".

I'm just supporting another person's outlook,.

My own theory is that Big Foot, Yeti, etc. and legends of them (and I mean the oldest such legends) are likely encounters with rare, surviving members of neanderthal, changed over the generations, likely from inbreeding, but also very likely long dead since before the colonization of the United States.
>>
File: Dürer-Hare.jpg (139 KB, 850x943) Image search: [Google]
Dürer-Hare.jpg
139 KB, 850x943
>>17383467
definitily not in the fanged duck rabbit deer
>>17383496
it's a hare, fanged duck hare deer, not rabbit
>>
>>17385491

You have no idea how true that is. There might be one in my house right now.
>>
>>17385353

Government shilling id on full force today
>>
File: horse_eats_cheetos.gif (2 MB, 309x452) Image search: [Google]
horse_eats_cheetos.gif
2 MB, 309x452
Bampu. Come talk about your favorite cryptids!
>>
>>17383845
Dunsparce?
>>
>>17383845
That's just a fat fucking snake, give me a snake and a Golden Corral and in a few days I'll have one of those to sell you.
>>
The Mothman thread reminded me of Indrid Cold aka The Grinning Man.
He could fit the believeable cryptid category. I hope he isn't real.
>>
>>17383845
There is already a short fat snake native to I believe Okinawa that is somewhat poisonous that already fits the bill. Rather rare too.
>>
Mothman. I live about an hour from Point Pleasant and my grandparents were among the original witnesses back in the late '60s.
>>
>>17383467
I am Austrisn. Of course they exist.
What do you think? We are all liars?
Beethoven is Austrian, by the way.
>>
>>17390366
Wolpertinger? Eierlegende Wollmilchsau?
>>
>>17385495
Wikipedia, and not at all. They're pretty fun snakes actually. They'll puff their necks out like a cobra and play dead.
>>
>>17390470
>puff their necks out like a cobra and play dead.
Sounds pretty adorable. Do they also make "heavy breathing" noises?
>>
>>17390457
cyber 8???? is dat you??
>>
File: 651076_f248.jpg (16 KB, 248x247) Image search: [Google]
651076_f248.jpg
16 KB, 248x247
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.