[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a real being that interacted with the people of ancient Greece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: Lucifer Invoked.jpg (176 KB, 795x969) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer Invoked.jpg
176 KB, 795x969
Was he a real being that interacted with the people of ancient Greece?
>>
no answers?
>>
No, he was a meme.

All gods/deities/angels were just memes. Folklore. Fairytales. Stories told around campfires. Religious oppression. etc etc
>>
>do this or the god will get you

We still tell our kids this same story, just replace the word "god" with "boogie-man".
>>
>>17383158

Sort of
>>
>>17383158
And you expect to get the answer to such a question from a mongolian cavepainting forum?
>>
>>17384007

The gods were Aliens. We called them the Anunna or the Archons.

Archons means Lord.

The Demiurge is the Anunnaki Enlil. Know to others as Yahweh the Lord of the Garden.

He is known as Baal which is an Honorific that means again Lord. The Bull or Baal of Heaven.

Enlil is his Sumerian name but the Greeks knew him as Zeus.

His brother was Enki known as Poseidon.

These two are the sons of the pagan father god of the pantheon from the old world.

The name Apollo means a Son of Zeus.

So Apollo is a son of Enlil. Probably Ninurta.
>>
>>17383158
I named my peenee weenee apollo because girls like him and they like my peener too
>>
>>17384023
Or... and I'm just throwing this out there...

They were just fairytales.
>>
>>17384023

I said that wrong.

Its known that Apollo is a Son of Zeus but the names itself means that he is a son of Enlil.

It comes from the Akkadian language.
>>
>>17384033
Allah means moon. In most cultures God is literally the moon. If not the moon then the Sun, or the Universe itself.

It's more likely that "gods" were infact celestial objects.

>god is in the heavens above
>always watching
>controls our destiny
>sends fiery death and destruction
>>
>>17384071
>Saturn
>Jupiter
>Mars
>Mercury
>Venus
>...
>...
>>
>>17384090
wtf the fuck is this order
also, you don't know other planets?
baka
>>
>>17384023
Zeus is a indo-european diety. The Sumerians didn't speak an Indo-European language and didn't worship deities that were analogs of the Indo-European gods.

Though some elements of those stories were adopted later the characters don't line up to the same degree that Yahweh, Zeus, and Odin do. Or that the serpent in the garden and Prometheus do.
>>
>>17384071

They personified the gods a planets, meaning each god was given a planet which it was associated with.

Its called Astrolatry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrolatry
>>
>>17384100
Random order. Point being: Planets are gods.

Do you need me to name them all? They're all gods
>>
>>17384071

Allahu is Nanna or Nannar Sin the Moon god.

He is the Son of Enlil.

And the Father of Inanna who is also known as Isis or Ishtar.

Inanna was personified as Venus.
>>
>>17384123
'Allah' is not a proper name, it does not mean 'the moon', it means 'the god'. If at some point it did mean the moon that's the result of shifting language over time in the same way that all of the languages who still have versions of the name 'Zeus' as their word that mean 'god' aren't worshiping the blue sky.

Its like how in the hebrew bible there are lots of references to god as 'adonai' which is being used as a generic term for a god, not to indicate that they believed in or worshiped the god Adonis. Though there were greek speaking religions that spun up that did link Yahweh to Dionysus in an attempted syncretism similar to what happened with Greek and Egyptian religion with Serapis.
>>
>>17384159

Adonai is another term that means Lord.

Because Adonai is another name for one of the Archons.

Lord or god can be used interchangeably for them. But they are not my God.
>>
Great answers
>>
>>17384175
>Adonai is another term that means Lord.
In the hebrew context yes, but it was originally the proper name of a god.

There's actually some evidence namely an inscription reading "Our Yahweh is one yahweh" that indicates that this had even happened with the name Yahweh. Which wouldn't be particularly surprising since we know that name had been part of the polytheistic proto-judaism practiced in the region.

Trying to get a handle on what you're trying to advance belief wise. Gnostic? So the god would be Sophia?
>>
Jehova Yahweh Elohim God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are one
>>
>>17384200

Sophia is Asherah the Wife of Anu or El. The mother of Enlil or Yahweh the Demiurge.

Asherah is known as the Queen of Heaven.

Often times she is confused as the wife of yahweh and not his mother by people who lack the context and understanding of the old stories.

She is the source for the gods who came here to our planet but that does not make her the creator either.

The way she is the source is she is their Mother and the wife of the Father.

Gnostics dont worship these beings as God, but they do understand them to be gods. That is the Difference. The gods with a little g and the God with a big G.

One of the little gods claimed to be the one and only God.

And that was a Blasphemy against all Eternity.
>>
>>17384219
No, you're making links there that didn't exist. Judaism was not heavily influenced by ancient Sumerian religion. Any links there would have come later with the Babylonian influence as Yahweh is depicted as being equivalent to Marduk.

Yes Asherah was the queen of heaven, and contrary to what you say we have reliefs of her depicted as the wife on Yahweh which actually wouldn't necessarily rule her out as being his mother but she was more likely supposed to be his sister.
>>
Great picture Op
>>
>>17384217
Jehova is just a poor attempt at rendering the name Yahweh.
Elohim is the plural form. It is literally "The Gods" a leftover of polytheism.
Yahweh is also not supposed to be El Elyon.

Originally El and Yahweh were different gods, with El Elyon being the father of many sons one of which was Yahweh who was the god of a specific land. If you read the earliest parts of the bible it does not deny the existence of other gods, it simply indicates that you should worship the gods of your own lands as the gods of other lands had no power where you were.

These two separate gods were later fused into a single god which may not have been entirely unwarranted as the divine pantheon's dynasty was symbolic of the human dynasty as every new king who was the image of Yahweh the young virile warrior god would in time become the image of El the elder god who needed his sons to fight for him.
>>
>>17384268

El is Anu

El of the Elohim is Anu of the Anunnaki.

He is the Father of Yahweh or Enlil.

The Husband of Asherah the Queen of Heaven.
>>
>>17384243
>Judaism was not heavily influenced by ancient Sumerian religion

This outright lie is just laughable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panbabylonism

They are the Bloodline Kingship of Anu who came down to Ki. Those from 'Heaven' to earth come.

Enlil or Yahweh being the son of the King was the Heir.

And the Son takes on the role of the Father before him.

Enki's son is Marduk, the one who became known as the Adversary. The Bel of Babylon.
>>
>>17384007
>>17384031
cringe
>>
>>17384337
Again, you're drawing connections that don't exist. The Sumerians didn't speak a language that was conducive to passing cultural information on. They spoke what is referred to as a language isolate, a language with no known close relatives.

As a result their gods didn't have a strong influence on later cultures beyond a bit of a preserved memory. Rather those gods were later retconned into having some of those same characteristics. In kind of a reverse of the situation where the story about Yahweh's defeat of the dragon and becoming King of the Gods was purged even though it was original because it was too similar to other religions.
>>
>>17384352
>Enki's son is Marduk, the one who became known as the Adversary.
I don't know where you're getting that at all.
'The Adversary' was an angel tasked with evaluating humans for the gods.
Marduk occupies the same position in the Babylonian pantheon that Yahweh did in proto-judaism.
Just to be clear yes there are a number of parallels with the Babylonians, but the Babylonians were not simply the Sumerians by that stage the religion was very different as was the language the people spoke.

'Baal' is not a proper name for a god, it is simply a title meaning 'Lord'. Hadad seems to have been the god typically referred to as Baal in the bible. This was also not an alien word for Hebrew as we have characters in the bible with theophoric names containing baal. Although in the best known instance we have one version of the character in one book whose name is left with Baal Ashbal, while in another book that characters name has been changed to Ishbosheth to remove it.
>>
File: JosephCampbell.jpg (20 KB, 325x242) Image search: [Google]
JosephCampbell.jpg
20 KB, 325x242
>>17384363

Because I am a Comparative Mythologist, my interest is in the connections people are overlooking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_mythology
>>
>>17384383

The Usual sources, like the Book of Jubilee which talks about the Adversary.

But in that book they called him Prince Mastema, not Marduk.

But he held the same Position at the same time which is why we know they are the same entity.

Or even more damning is the Book of Abramelin the Mage.

Where they give the 50 names and Sigils of Marduk and proclaim him as the Adversary of Yahweh.
>>
>>17384362
>people being rational and think that the gods were just stories is cringe

cringe :^)
>>
>>17384384
A field that I also find interesting, but it is possible to go to far and make connections that aren't there or to make the connections that do exist stronger than they are. Yes there are parallels and different versions of the same gods, but they are not simply the same gods with different names.
>>
>>17383158
>me on the left
>>
>>17384395
Just to be clear though that's anti-babylonian axe grinding by later scribes for whom Babylon represented everything evil and bad. They imagined that all polytheism in their culture came from the Babylonian exile which we know isn't true from archaeological excavations.

Adversary in that instance means something more like an enemy as in Zoroastrianism (who they also had cultural contact with by that time) where as normally 'The Adversary' is imagined more as an angel who is a subordinate to the gods who acts as a prosecuting attorney.
>>
I think he's real
>>
>>17384337
This actually makes a lot of sense. The only thing missing but somewhat implied is the equation made by Sanchuniathon between El and Cronus/Saturn.

>Sanchuniathon (Greek: Σαγχουνιάθων; gen.: Σαγχουνιάθωνος) is the purported Phoenician author of three lost works originally in the Phoenician language,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanchuniathon
>>
I love the Annunaki and Archontic memes! They're like real life lovecraftian fanfic horror
>>
>>17383158
when i saw the thumbnail i thought it was goku
>>
When a lot of people believed in him yes -- he came into existence. However, over time as the Ancient Greeks were converted, the Old Gods lost their power and today are probably normal people just immortal.
>>
>>17384821
How can you be just "Normal" You can't.
I have serious doubts that Apollo is working a 9-5 at an office somewhere.
>>
>>17384023
>implying baal=demiurge
Top kek
>>
Yep, I learned on Star Trek that this was true. Captain Kirk then murdered him about an hour after they met because he felt that Apollo had not shown him enough respect. Captain Kirk has done this to many famous entities.
>>
File: apollo.png (271 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
apollo.png
271 KB, 512x384
>>17386401
Kirk also enjoyed leveling alien worlds and then leaving without cleaning up.
>>
who mourns for Adonis

classic episode!!!!!
>>
who is he
>>
Who is Apollo???

Really????
>>
>>17384407
This faggot thinks he is rational.

Maximum cringe.
>>
Greek Gods Fallen Angels-Divine Council

Google it very revealing...
>>
>>17389411
> Believing in ancient Greek deities unironically.

Cringe
>>
Planet X (10th) = Apollo
And yes, he still does.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.