[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 5 /x/ TV series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: p186601_b_v8_ac.jpg (416 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p186601_b_v8_ac.jpg
416 KB, 960x1440
Looking for a new /x/ / /sci/ show to watch after finishing Fringe last night.. any suggestions?

>inb4 twin peaks
>inb4 lost
>inb4 sleepy hollow

They're all shit senpai.

Recently watched the first season of 'Ash Vs Evil Dead' and have to say it was unexpectedly awesome.

My top 5:

X-Files
Quantum Leap (for the feels)
The Twilight Zone/Outer Limits
Millennium
Ash Vs The Evil Dead
>>
>>17382104
The Lost Room, maybe.
>>
File: 1454496816799.jpg (38 KB, 770x512) Image search: [Google]
1454496816799.jpg
38 KB, 770x512
>likes Fringe and the X-Files, but not Twin Peaks
>>
Bump

>>17382577
Fringe was ok until S3, X-Files was all we had in the 90's.

Twin Peaks is overrated. I lasted 6 episodes then gave up.
>>
>>17382104
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

also fuck you, Twin Peaks is god tier
>>
>>17382679
your a faggot

go die

here are the actual top 5 you faggots

1. Twin Peaks
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel was good too
3. Carnivale
4. X-Files (good but overrated), Millennium was better than X-Files for the first 2 seasons. The Lone Gunmen sucked balls tho.
5. The Twilight Zone

also Supernatural just ripped off all of these shows desu
>>
>>17382104
Helix was pretty good. 2nd season went downhill tho.

The originals
>>
>>17382728
You uh...you have shit taste in every aspect of your life or just TV?

>>17382104
Constantine was showing promise, only lasted a season though.

Dark Skies might be up your alley. Same thing though. Only one season.
>>
>>17382104
I cried like a bitch after watching the season 5 finale.
>>
File: 1404436367914.png (645 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1404436367914.png
645 KB, 768x576
>>17382679
>Twin Peaks is overrated. I lasted 6 episodes then gave up.

You're the same lazy anon who posted that thread a few days ago, aren't you? If you can't even finish the first season when there are only two, you can't make an accurate judgement. No one here is saying you MUST like Twin Peaks, but you can hardly call it "shit" and "overrated" when you won't even give it a chance.
>>
File: white tulip.jpg (50 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
white tulip.jpg
50 KB, 612x380
>>17383988
Yeah it was a pretty perfect way to end it. At least the writers got to end it adequately before it ended abruptly or something. Although after s3 was weird, since they got to retcon so many things. But the whole message with fatherhood and forgiveness of past grievances was great. I'll have to revisit it sometime... I really liked the characters.
>>
>>17382104
fuarking fringe was awesome
but it's basically a remastered x files without aliens and a different character scheme
>>
Tales from the dark side
>>
Psi factor
>>
>>17384412
Having just finished S5 not too long ago since the first time it aired (in other words, my first rewatch) I have to say that I'm still pissed off with the way they fucked everything up. Their biggest mistake was rewriting the timeline in S4, making pretty much everyone OOC and weird (or traitorous) and only concentrating on the excessive drama that is Peter and Olivia's back and forth relationship. Then in S5, it was like the writers just didn't give a fuck anymore and threw any attempt at paying attention to detail or writing a story that made sense out the window in favor of Nazi Observers/Invaders, more time traveling/altering BS that had more paradoxes and plotholes big enough to put your fist through, and excessive melodrama.

I could go on and on, but I doubt anyone here would give a fuck. I will say there were a couple moments I enjoyed, and some of the more emotional moments of the finale still got to me, but all of it was overshadowed by how very very badly they fucked up the rest of the story. And yes, I'm bitter, because I had a hard time getting to like the series in the first place, then was just draw in and starting to enjoy it when it all went to hell.
>>
>>17384528
As the anon you replied to, can't disagree with that statement. For S5 they didn't really give the Observers any real motive to go back and fuck everything up, only giving them any history/backstory in the last 3 episodes. Plus also sort of unbelievable that they would be so incompetent to be unable to track the protagonists easily and stomp them out.
>>
>>17384634
Right, literally everything about the plot and excuses they made for it contradicted itself and made no sense.

S5 Observers:

>Well, we fucked up the future, let's invade the past instead of going back to prevent us fucking up the future.
>Let's also oppress the "natives" and jerk around their womens even though we don't have emotion, or have buried it so deep under our Spock-logic that it's irrelevant.
>But couldn't we just kill those natives? Or just move them to one half of the world while we take over the rest? Or even shove them into the alternate universe, which we didn't invade for some convenient reason?
>No, you fool, we must have EVIL NAZIS for the good guys to fight.
>Why don't we just kill these guys and be done with it?
>Because, fool, they're irrelevant, even though they have a plan to wipe us out of existence. Besides, killing people is too much paperwork. Unlike screwing with them and ruining timelines.
>Let's also be super evil and pollute the air, which we somehow need to breathe, ignoring the fact that we invaded the fucking past BECAUSE we fucked up the planet so bad in the future.
>But, that doesn't make any sense. Why the fuck are we even here?
>To be EVIL NAZIS for the good guys to fight with their super high tech guns, weren't you paying attention?

Etc. etc.
>>
>>17382104
Black Mirror
>>
>>17382742
The reason Supernatural is good is because it does rip off and borrow from those shows, and makes that fact blatantly obvious. It uses those bits to bring fans from all the subgenres to watch it.

I love picking out all of the little bits and references they throw in.
>>
>>17382118
That was the first serial I ever seen :)
>>
>>17384807
Which episode is the X-Files parody? I don't think I'm interested in the rest of the series, but I would like to watch that one.
>>
>>17382104
What'd you think of Fringe? Even though it was kinda spotty at times, I really enjoyed it and I loved the cast.

Also check out American Horror Story, twisty the clown was pretty cool
>>
>>17385607
in the second season there's one called "Tall Tales" a small portion of it is a parody of x-files.

also supernatural references x-files regularly
>>
>>17384683
Holy shit, you summarized it perfectly. I absolutely loved the show, but even if the last season wasn't riddled with plotholes it didn't feel like the show at all. I watched it for fringe detectives going against new and weird shit every day, not whatever the fuck they were trying to do with the time skip and rebellion.

That said, it did have it's moments, such as when they used all the things they had fought against and collected up till that point to fight back. That and the fact it actually offered an almost satisfying conclusion to a series which really deserved one. Even still, part of me wants to more.
>>
>>17384807

Supernatural was good until after season 5.

They became too aware of their fanbase and started putting wayyyy too many fanservice bits and jokes in.

Castiel, who was this mysterious and powerful angel that btfo Dean's ears just from hearing him talk suddenly became this walking joke who does stupid stuff so the Tumblrinas will laugh and coo at how cute and oblivious he is. Oh my God, he's holding the badge upside down, so cute :3

If they just held back a lot of the gags and quit having people go to and come back from hell like it was the barber it would have been better, but they ramped it up to stupid levels after season 5.

I did like the humor in the early seasons as it didn't distract from the plot or make anyone seem like a character just there for laughs.

They're one step from having the characters look directly at the screen and tell jokes
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.