[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realise that life is nothing more than gases diffusing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: download.png (10 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
download.png
10 KB, 205x246
>tfw you realise that life is nothing more than gases diffusing in and out of cells so that the cells can respire and then perform mitosis.
>therefore life is not special, it is not some kind of phenomena. We are all just a mass of phospholipids, amino acids and proteins.
>>
>>17381003

>We are all just a mass of phospholipids, amino acids and proteins.

I mean... Isn't that more epic then being magically created to satiate some dudes boredom?
>>
>>17381003
the theory of evolution
>>
>>17381009
I guess so

But I mean, if you look at how a cell functions it seems like clockwork. There is no conscious thought behind it, which makes me question whether we're really conscious or not.
>>
>>17381003

I mean, sure, that's true when you look at it like that.

But we're also concious, that's special. You had the ability to analyze your own existence and make a decision about you feel about your results.

Don't blame life itself for being what it is.

Blame yourself for being a fucking pussy.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>17381029
>>
>>17381029
evolution does not say all that.

it only explains how living things became what they are. it doesn't confirm or deny that there is any purpose to life in any way.

if the idea that "there's no god making me speshul hooman to rule the earf" equates to "life has no meaning whatsoever" for you, you just have no imagination at all.

>>17381003
if you can't figure out that these facts make our self-aware experience of the universe even MORE special, then you have no imagination either.
>>
>>17381003
Life is fundamentally the same as child's science project. We are all just the bubbles spewing forth from a baking soda and vinegar volcano. The simple outcome of chemical interactions, existing for mere moments before vanishing.
>>
>>17381046
"Like clockwork"

Motherfucking CITATION pls.
>>
>>17381205
Well, everything is automated.

For instance; oxygen moving in and out of a red blood cell. It's all to do with partial pressure of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the tissue.

CO2 diffuses in, creates HCO3- and H+ ions, H+ ions basically 'kick' the oxygen out of the haemoglobin and form haemoglobinic acid

Do you see how automated it seems? All of this happens of its own accord, independent of your actions. We're like clockwork
>>
>>17381215
>Do you see how automated it seems? All of this happens of its own accord, independent of your actions. We're like clockwork
You can stop it, just stop breathing. Soon blood cells won't have any oxygen to transport.
>>
File: 1366054496554.jpg (58 KB, 630x460) Image search: [Google]
1366054496554.jpg
58 KB, 630x460
>>17381124
you just made up and argument out of nothing for yourself to cum all over
>>
>>17381223
Yes and then my cells would die due to a lack of oxygen

Just like how an engine stops when it runs out of fuel

We're like machines
>>
>>17381003
>not some kind of phenomena
For a kid jamming as many "sciency" words as he can into two green text lines, the easy science flew right over your head.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 622x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 622x464
I'm becoming convinced that we actually do live in the matrix. Everything that we perceive is only electrical signals being received by various parts of the brain; sight, smell, taste touch, hearing. Nothing that cannot be hard wired into a brain via computer.

This is why I think that the world keeps,getting worse. The program is designed to keep you distracted so that you don't discover that the world is just a simulation.

Just an opinion. I could be wrong.
>>
>>17381003

>"I think, Therefore I am"
>>
File: lefedorameme.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
lefedorameme.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>17381003
>>
File: 1450121989020.png (250 KB, 953x1931) Image search: [Google]
1450121989020.png
250 KB, 953x1931
>>17381287

Well on the bright side, at least you'll be able to fight in the sentient program uprising.
>>
File: purpose.jpg (159 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
purpose.jpg
159 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>17381314
Hahahahahahahaha he used that joke again!

Fucking hell anon you're complete lack of contribution to this thread with that hilarious, original image is incredible!

Thank you for enlightening me with your post! Hahaha!!!
now fuck off
>>
>>17381316
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3185261/Is-universe-FAKE-Physicists-claim-playthings-advanced-civilisation.html
>>
>>17381287
It's probably true. Nothing we can do about it. Accept futile existence. Kill self. Recycle through programming.
>>
>>17381224
to be honest, i was in a bad mood and you're kind of right. not gonna worry much about it though because there's not a single post here that's worth reading, even without mine.

do you feel better now that you've posted your own shitty response to my shitty response?
>>
>>17381003
>tfw you realize there's nothing to a book but some wood pulp and ink
>stories don't exist, they are an illusion of complex arrangements of wood pulp and ink
>>
>>17381322
>he thinks another babby's first reductionism thread deserves literally anything other derision and ridicule
>>
File: catwink.png (210 KB, 287x304) Image search: [Google]
catwink.png
210 KB, 287x304
>>17381003
>just a mass of phospholipids, amino acids and proteins
maybe that's why we're so special
all the different organisms roaming around, the same yet so different.
it's kinda beautiful.
>>
master wizard here; you stupid faggots have no idea about reality. fyi: there are forces governing evolution that arent just "random lol"
>>
>>17382036
>not everybody is an edgy faggot who takes pride in how deep he is
>>
>>17381003
the way I see it. all life is is a mass of cancer that is less cancerous than typical cancer
>>
>>17382036
>babby's first reductionism thread
you people throw this "i'm superior because i learned this before you did so i'm over it and you're not worthy of a conversation" garbage out every time someone comes here looking for an honest discussion of philosophy/science.

i don't get it. do you really think you're that much further along on the evolutionary scale than him? or are you really just too stupid to actually engage in the conversation and feel like you need to say something anyway?

you think his thoughts aren't worthy of your time? why post? twice? i really want to understand this.

like this guy said >>17382100
you come off as the edgy shitposting teenager here, not OP.
>>
>>17382136
Yeah I learned that shit years ago, and I've since moved on and realized how absurd it is to think a statement as straightforward as "we are made of matter" should have anything to say about the intrinsic ANYTHING of life other than the very self-evident hurr durr fact that it's made of something. I'm sick of reductionist nihilism passing for philosophical and intellectual depth, and I'm sick of this insufferable millenial schtick of being "le grizzled science man who has accepted the ultimate futility of life heh" that's supposed to be the endgame of all philosophy and human valuation because you read the selfish gene once

Fuck off and email your cat lady professor if you want someone to pat you on the back for this sophomoric tripe
>>
>>17382212

>I'm sick of reductionist nihilism passing for philosophical and intellectual depth

The funniest part about this is that there is exactly zero intellectual or philosophical depth in anything you wrote. It's just butthurt shit flinging and you haven't composed anything resembling a proper argument. Hypocrisy at work again on /x/.
>>
>>17382256
Nigga please, "consciousness having a material substrate has nothing to do with the existence or non-existence transcendent meaning" is a perfectly legitimate argument you mook
>>
File: joy of hermes.jpg (129 KB, 450x567) Image search: [Google]
joy of hermes.jpg
129 KB, 450x567
>>17381003
We are actually beings of pure light. Infinite by nature and limitless in our potential.

There is no such thing as death and there is no such thing as a coincidence.
>>
>>17381243
We are like machines. Fleshy, biological machines.

But can your car deeply ponder or even acknowledge its own existence? no didn't think so. That's what makes being you so much more incredible
>>
>>17382212
okay. so aside from whatever inherent value is (or is not) written in this last post, why didn't you just say this in the first place?

you complain about insufferable millenials but i'm pretty sure that you're the one who was speaking in memes until just now. and then you insult me for asking why? i think you're the one who needs a pat on the back, guy.

*patpat*

it's okay man. we just share ideas here. no one's getting any brownie points or demerits for anything they say. so just chill out and try to encourage people to think critically by raising the level of discussion rather than lowering it. if you really are more advanced philosophically, then it would be in everyone's best interest for you to share.

just try to add some value to the thread next time. i'm sure you're capable of it.
>>
>>17382136
>wants honest discussion
>ignores everyone but the trolls

You are the problem.
>>
>>17383018
Complete nonsense and has nothing to do with ancient or gnostic teachings what so ever.
You have completely been mislead or presumed things.

Apotheosis occurs when one realizes that truth eventually will win out, regardless of the darkness surrounding it, and that there is a process taking place.

The concept of an "afterlife" has never been part of any neolithic or early bronze age understanding, and was later created in order to explain away ancestor worship and star worship in the late bronze period.

Please get an education before you start spewing more made up nonsense.

Also, the "Just World Hypothesis" is a known fallacy... ("so such thing as a coincidence").
Look it up.
>>
>>17381003
Imma throw my theory out there.

> "Thought" was once considered to be of purely biologic origin. Back in '14 though they discovered quantum vibrations in microtubules of the brain...which supports the Orch OR hypothesis of the origin of brain function.

I'll be the first to admit this is a LOOONG way from proof. But if this is true... Well that has huge implications for our consciousness. We may not be as linked to our body as we think. It is totally possible that our "energy" lives on. It's not exactly a soul, but pretty damn near close enough.
>>
>>17381337
All the years I spent on /x/ educated me to ignore anything that starts with dailymail.co.uk because it's absolute shit.
>>
>>17381930
Your interpret the ink arrangements as words - they get inside your head and form ideas.
>>
>>17381003
Better a toppling chain of neurotransmitters for 80 years than an unchanging ball of rock for 3 million years.
>>
>>17382274
It has - because the bridge between matter and consciousness hasn't been gaped yet.
>>
>>17383018
Yes but you need Jesus to become that.

All alone you just accumulate beautiful ideas - but you have 0 power over your eternail fate, there is only one Judge- Jesus - Son of the highest God.
>>
>>17381003
That's the way!

Kill your ego and you'll be just fine. You won't worry about all that BS anymore
>>
>>17384502
>The concept of an "afterlife" has never been part of any neolithic or early bronze age understanding

Prove it.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.