[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in God?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: crucifixion.jpg (171 KB, 900x696) Image search: [Google]
crucifixion.jpg
171 KB, 900x696
Do you believe in God?
>>
>>17380761
Nes.
>>
>>17380761
No, should I?
>>
>>17380761
In a young girl's heart?
>>
>>17380874
In pig flesh?
>>
>>17380761
Not your god
>>
A pantheistic version yes, but not the general public's idea of godâ„¢

An intelligent entity could not be omniscient and omnipotent without suffering from eternal boredom. The most likely course of action for an entity like that would be ego death
>>
I fear God, but I trust I will go on after death
hopefully he is a cool guy
>>
>>17380761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKemtcBN40
>>
>>17380901
>An intelligent entity could not be omniscient and omnipotent without suffering from eternal boredom. The most likely course of action for an entity like that would be ego death
that is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard someone say about what god might be. so many assumptions and so much anthropomorphism in your logic. as if you could possibly have any insight into what the mind of an omniscient and omnipotent god would be like.

and i'm currently an atheist, former pantheist, so don't think i'm criticizing what you say out of butthurt.
>>
>>17380761
not in any sense of the word
>>
>>17380946

Its really not, there is no point in having intelligence if there is nothing to learn. There is no way to stop the boredom when you know everything and can control everything.

Your assuming that an entity would enjoy living eternally with nothing knew to experience and and nothing new to learn. That is completely asinine based on every measure of intelligence we have. Lock a human up in a room where there no knew information or experiences and they will slowly grow more and more insane as a defense mechanism.

Why are you assuming that gods intelligence would be completely different from ours? Considering by pretty much every standard of god there is we came from him.
>>
>>17380946
are you me?
>>
>>17380761
Yes
>>17380768
Yes
>>
>>17380968
>There is no way to stop the boredom when you know everything and can control everything.
keyword: "you", instead of God.
>>
Not exactly, am a stupid agnostic that doesn't want to explore for something that I'll never find anything concrete about
>>
>>17380990

You mean every intelligent being -other- then the only one we can't study right?

Ok, keep making your idiotic assumptions, atleast mine are actually based on the observable world.
>>
>>17380968
but i don't really have any assumptions. which is why i didn't say that i have the truth myself. but i can be totally sure that what you said was only based on what you think it would be like if YOU were omniscient and omnipotent. and you state it with such certainty.

unless the universe goes in a cycle where the same things happen over and over again then there will always be something new for a god to watch.

on the other hand, assuming that there is a limit and that at some point god will have experienced all there is, what makes you think he'd be "bored?" you've never done something you enjoy more than once? some people are happiest doing the same thing every day of their lives. what if it's repetition and eternal monotony that god really enjoys?

aside from all of that, you're also assuming that god has normal emotions or that "enjoying" something has anything to do with god's motivations.

those are just some of the assumptions you make that undermine your certainty. for what you say to be true, you have to make a lot of logical leaps based only on what we know about humans since we know nothing about the ultimate reality of god.

>>17380974
yes, maybe.
>>
>>17381048
The assumptions were based on what we can observe from the world. Its resonable to assume an intelligent entity that created everything would function pretty similar to the intellogemt entities that it created. . And if it was an entity that never got bored then there never would have been a point in creating the universe in the first place.

Sure we don't know for sure, but at that point your just writing off everyone's beliefs in the world. Which is pretty hippocritical coming from an atheist who has no evidence that god dosent exist.

To make my assumptions I used the basis for everything that is observable. Its not just humans animals function the same way. Im simply using the observable world to come to my assumptions. Intelligence needs to learn and experience, otherwise there is no point in having it, and it would simply become a burden.

Regardless a self proclaimed atheist has no right to come in and talk shot about someone's assumptions. Because they make plenty of their own.
>>
>>17381104
>afiests r sooo dum not like me guis

that's all i got from your gibberish.
>>
File: 1455552631238.jpg (265 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455552631238.jpg
265 KB, 1440x1080
Yea and that faggot owes me a better life.
>>
Don't know to be honest.
(I'm agnostic)
>>
After a fashion and mostly, but not entirely in the tantric sense.
>>
Does God believe in me?
>>
>>17381104
Hypocritical*
>>
I'd like to, and I'm inclined to believe there is some sort of higher power, but I don't know what religion, if any, is the correct one, or for sure if there is indeed a higher power, as much as I hope there is one.
>>
>>17380761
A subtle feeling.. Like
A resonance
An echo
Sure , god is.
>>
>>17380761

Pleroma, Aeons, Demiurge
>>
Yahweh Father of Lights
>>
>>17381531
You got it, welcome to the bell society!
>>
>>17381627
Oh cool. thanks ... art?
>>
>>17381674
No art. Just trust the resonance and learn. The bell society will support you. We are the future.
>>
>>17381700
OK thanks buddy
>>
Only sometimes when I feel like it. It's kinda strange really.
>>
I want to but I know there can never be proof one way or the other. I just hope someone's in charge of all this chaos.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.