[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys have got to see this movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 720x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 720x482
You guys have got to see this movie
>>
You've got to tell us what it is about first OP!
>>
Do tell marketing team.
>>
Aliens
>>
>>17380645
I really don't want to spoil anything but it is as the title implies and a little bit more

The director knows his shit senpai
>>
File: yeah.gif (627 KB, 234x176) Image search: [Google]
yeah.gif
627 KB, 234x176
You've no fucking idea how angry I am. I was in a full theater watching this and some fucking assholes in the front wouldn't shut the fuck up throughout the entire thing. I waited so long to watch this, I was literally so excited from the moment I stumbled upon it months before it's release. Really ruined the whole experience for me, which sucks because I know it was a great film. A landmark in modern horror honestly. Fuck.
>>
File: Eridan_Ampora.png (6 KB, 167x256) Image search: [Google]
Eridan_Ampora.png
6 KB, 167x256
>>
>>17380660
Why didn't you just ask them to be quiet anon? Also I'm going tomorrow. Breddy excited. Also is there lot's of puritan tits? the trailer makes it seem that way.
>>
>>17380623

It's not even out yet
>>
>>17380718
I complained to the theater to do it cuz desu I have a small fear of people in theaters, you just never know. Plus it was in Sacramento and not to be racist but there's a lot of crazy black people here and they were black tooooooooooo. Got free tickets though.
>>
>killer goats
>>
File: field.jpg (47 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
field.jpg
47 KB, 400x600
>>17380660

>2016
>actually going to movie theaters

You brought this on yourself. What movie that was actually worth seeing for the past 5 years get a wide release anyway.

Check out A Field In England, too. It's not a straight up spooki horror though, more of an /omg/-threads tripping balls sort of thing with a message.
>>
This moving fucking sucked. One hour and thirty mins of a edgy lifetime network movie with 3 mins of actual interesting "VVitch" shit.
>>
>>17380748
Ayo sac villager here.. the local blacks are actually quite tame
>>
>>17380777
Of course you wouldn't aproove of this film lord
>>
>>17380777

That's modern "highbrow" horrors for ya

>slow and boring = smart

No its not.
>>
>>17380645
Do you live under a rock?
>>
>>17380623
literal shilling going on.
>>
>>17380623
What's up with the fucking shilling? Is the movie that good? There's been loads of shitty scary movies recently, what makes this one different?
>>
>>17380777
>>17380810
Found the underages.

Go play more call of duty if all you can deal with is fast paced relentless instant gratification. Fucking adhd kids.

This movie wasn't slow, or boring. It was suspenseful, interesting and well written. No character did anything obviously stupid, they dealt with the situation as realistically as possible, and the film took itself seriously.

In fact in the contrary to your dumbass comments the movie wasted no time on bullshit 99% of horror movies devote screen time to.
>>
>>17380777
'Edgy' and 'lifetime movie' don't go together at all in the same sentance yhe way you said it. Expand your vocabulary, because your post is nonsense.
>>
>>17380759
Love it, Ben Wheatley is dope, period
>>
File: NEsc7pSomYMQwu_1_b.jpg (19 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NEsc7pSomYMQwu_1_b.jpg
19 KB, 600x316
>>17380623
Saw it yesterday. It was good.
>>
>>17380623
It's pretty hard to find a stream for this. Otherwise I would watch it right now. The trailer looks promising.
>>
>>17380623
Wasn't the horror I was expecting but I still enjoyed seeing this. There's your power of prayer, best defense against supernatural thread.
>>
>>17380777
WOW I NEVER WOULD HAVE EXPECTED TO FIND THIS OPINION ON 4CHAN
>>
>>17380810
Literally all of modern horror is just benefitting off of conditioning us to jump scares and spooky lighting. That's all there is. 90% of the the time there is no substance or effort at all.

And then there's a movie like The Witch that is genuinely disturbing and actually has substance. Instead of feeding off the fact movie audiences are so conditioned to the jump scar, they create horror through it's imagery and cinematography. Not to mention how successfully they immerse us in this small Puritan family- something that is central for us understanding the theme.
>>
>>17381801
>It's pretty hard to find a stream for this

That's because there are no streams for it. Waiting for this myself. When it comes out I'll create a thread.
>>
Can anyone find me a torrent link for this? Plz
>>
>>17382373
It's not out yet, dude. Not even a cam. When it comes out I'll post links.
>>
>>17381800
>thread
>>
File: angery.png (174 KB, 472x350) Image search: [Google]
angery.png
174 KB, 472x350
>>17380748
>sacramento
>crazy black people
>>
>>17380777
Don't worry, you're going to get plenty of replies like that and over the next few weeks, it's going to be completely opposite.

Happens every time.
>>
>>17380777
>NEEDED MORE EXPLOSIONS N BOOBS AMIRITE
>>
>>17380660
Where did you see it?
>>
>>17383387
In his mind
>>
>>17380961
Do you have a dick up your ass?
>>
File: k4-139162362943.jpg (21 KB, 202x204) Image search: [Google]
k4-139162362943.jpg
21 KB, 202x204
>mfw it's not out in my country yet
>>
>>17380793
nigger detected
>>
I saw this last night.

>making a thread on this
>circlejerking over this

Dude. It wasn't good. It was very mediocre. The 5 people I saw it with agreed with me when I said that it was over produced and way too "try hard". The director had the right idea and tried his best but god damn was it a boring movie.

I want to be on the edge of my seat, scared shitless over what might happen next. Maybe I'm just chasing the dragon or maybe im jaded when it comes to horror but I want the feeling that I got when I first watched blair witch.

I don't want jumpy shit or endless amounts of gore, I want to be frightened. This movie didn't do it for me.
>>
Saw it on Friday night. huge horrow fan of all types
>starts off phenomenally
>then you wait
>wait some more
>30 mins in you begin to understand the old English better
> by an hour its almost become humorous
>Bust out laughing at the climax, youll see what i mean
> after this the movie completely lets you down asking why, why have i sat though a movie that Kills an infant in the beginning and gives me nothing after.
>????
>didnt profit
>>
>>17380777
>>17380810
>>17384215
>>17384479

ITT: people with attention spans that cant maintain focus on movies without a micheal bay explosion at 20 minute intervals.

It was seriously a good, creepy, well written movie.
>>
I was actually disappointed with this movie. The atmosphere of it was good and creepy but nothing scary happened at all. Not that I was expecting jumpscares or anything like that, but honestly the only thing it nailed was the spooky setting/vibe of the movie.

I also would have liked to see more of the witch/witches. You only see so little and I was disappointed because I wanted to see them doing more messed up spells and things like they did during their first reveal. Even at the movies end I wanted to see what the witches would do next since they're finally on screen, only to see credits begin.
>>
I saw it and was incredibly dissapointed. I was so excited when I found out about it but all in all was completely let down. There were bits of the film I really enjoyed though like the score, cinematography, dialogue and lets be real Black Phillip was the true star of the show . I'd say it's a solid 7 out of 10.
>>
got torrent links?
>>
>>17380660
Same here. Saw it last night and the girls sitting next to me were fucking imitating goat noises.
>>
>>17384890
so you were disappointed but enjoyed it tremendously and only posted good things

okay
>>
>>17384980
It was never truly creepy or unnerving, it failed to stick with me after it ended and never once gave me chills or the sense of, wow I shouldn't be watching thia and the ending was balls.
>>
>>17385103
I will never understand this criticism. First of all, the film is very tense and unnerving. Second of all, films aren't suppose to "scare" you, it's a fucking movie. None of it is real, its suppose to give you a sense of uneasiness or un-readyness but not scare you. The ending was a bit over the top but isn't that how all the witchcraft shit is.

want a scary? want "wow I shoudn't be watching this"? go watch isis videos retard
>>
>>17385117
Throws a shit fit like an autistic ape when someone has a different opinion and calls them a retard in the end.

So these are the people who enjoyed the witch.
>>
>>17385130
No, I had points to his (your) stupid ass post.

I love how disagreeing with someone and explaining yourself is "autistic" on 4shit now. I love this teenage invasion 4shit has gotten in the last 4 years
>>
>>17384536
I bet you loved Paranormal Activity too huh? Long, incredibly boring, with nothing but "2spoopy for you" plot points.
>>
>>17381415

stfu already you goddamn corporate shill.
>>
So what actually happens in this movie? It -looks- like it could be good, but I can't tell if it's going to take the "Witches are evil and bad and the pure-hearted good old Christians triumph in the end" route or actually do something interesting.
>>
>>17385231
It doesn't do that.
>>
Where can I get a link or something to watch it? Its out since a few days ago someone must have it help us /x/
>>
>>17384536
Get fucked pleb. Interpretive dance would be more entertaining than this movie. But please go ahead and tell me how much more artistic and attentive you are. I'll bet you rode your wagon to the theater, really immersed your self in this creative experience called the witch. While every one giggled at the ridiculousness of the movie you ghasped with genuine horror, then went home to feed your black goat in hopes that it will get more than 3 lines in a movie. You sir are the future of cinema.
>>
>>17385231
It takes the witches at 100% oh shit this might actually be an intense movie, to scooby doo tier cackles and an ending going for lords of Salem style and failing, failing hard. What little "tension" that was built up makes about as much impact as a soggy fire cracker. My 11 year old sister would have kicked my ass for making her watch this.
>>
>>17384890

People have been saying it's almost as good as The Babadook. Well that was a good movie but not amazing, so 7/10 sounds about right for this one.
>>
>>17380700
nice dubs eri
>>
>>17380623
link to free livestream, please
>>
>>17385326
>>17385812

Dudes, its not out yet. Not on torrent, warez, streams or anywhere. Not even a shitty CAM.

As soon as its out I'll make a thread for it.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.