[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ayy Lmao
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: ....jpg (43 KB, 526x518) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
43 KB, 526x518
What do you think we will do when and if we finally discover extraterrestrials? What do you think we SHOULD do?

If we do discover alien life, I'm not sure we'd ever be able to interact with them face-to-face. People have searched far and wide for them, so chances are they'd be too far away for an expedition.

I don't even care if we do anything, I just want the news to explode one day with official declarations of alien discovery.
>>
>>17379153
That's the wrong question. We have been discovered by them. Then why did they choosed not to talk to us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDYuaOWMU3Q
>>
>>17379180

Because for the vast majority of people, their appearance, to us, is highly traumatic.

But they've given our government an ultimatum; disclosure regarding them or THEY will do the disclosing.

Right now our government is stalling, and strong arming other national goverments into keeping hush hush.

Time is short, truth must be revealed.

Make your time, Humans.
>>
>>17379193
source?
>>
>>17379180
>Then why did they choosed not to talk to us?
Either they're disappointed or disinterested in us, still contemplating their choices, or they've already moved on.
>>
>>17379153
I think we have made contact but it is all kept in secret. The question is what will happen when it goes public and I think it will be in the next 5-10 years. I can't imagine what it would be like to hear that news. It would defenately be a major turning point
>>
>>17379199

Variety of sources, and it's my assessment, personally. I didn't come to this conclusion casually, either.
>>
>>17379203
I think they are just treating like another species to be studied and documented, but no on their level, like how we treat other animals
>>
>>17379214
The stereotypical Xtard reply.
>>
>>17379216

What, you want me to spoonfeed you a mountain of research?

You're looking like quite the retard right now. Same for your attitude. Don't bring a toxic mentality into a thread that is mainly questions about the unknown.
>>
>>17379180
im sure there is someone out there, but were are either not on their lvl and they decided its to early, or they did contact not us but someone who they decided is a sort of a leader on this planet, pope for example
>>
>>17379222
This. I can talk you about a lot of things but I don't remember every case I read. For example there is a lot of correlation between UFO and paranormal stuff through orbs.But just telling you may call cowdung and I can't call back all my readings.
>>
This may not be for everyone but there's something called 'channeling ' which is when someone channels another consciousness and some people can channel extraterrestrial entities and this is one of them 'bashar'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRdYQ07xyok

If you believe it or not either way this makes some sense
>>
Most likely we'll observe them. Assuming we find anything in the solar system allowing us to observe with reasonable lack of delay. The only plausible contender for supporting life is Titan. So, if I should live to see it, maybe I'll observe alien marine life as the pictures get broadcast live globally.
>>
>>17379224
Lol why the pope? Wht do the alien get from meeting the pope? Looking to be baptized? The president of US is a more accurate example
>>
>>17379237
warmonging nation that is despised by a bunch fuck.

Maybe they should use Katy Perry. Maybe this is the problem and they are still scratching their heads.
>>
>>17379230
>>17379222
>There's way too much proof, I can't possibly show you any one piece. Just trust that I'm an expert privvy to knowledge beyond normal men. Plus, ghosts told me so. I can't prove that either, so that proves it.
Comedy Gold.
>>
>>17379237
what if the contact took place way before america was even discovered? too many american movies make ppl think they are the 1st aliens are going to contact, invade etc
>>
>>17379251

Except we didn't say anything of what you just greentexted.

Why do you feel the need to shit up this thread with your negativity?

You know where you're at, right?

No one is going to land a UFO on your doorstep, dummy. The kind of evidence you're expecting is impossible to provide, because only a live, in person encounter, will suffice for you.

You can exit the forum now.
>>
>>17379251
Do you even have a serious interest in this? paranormal stuff is fucked because somebody decided that this phenomena is not real and some others started to call things ghosts and shit. If you want some proof about orbs and lmaos read about skinwalker ranch and the search some ghost houses and orbs will come again.
>>
>>17379252
Well they would be. The US is at the head of NATO and NATO has enough sway over the UN to be favored over all other alliances. The US is literally at the top in regard to geo-political affairs.
>>
>>17379258
>Asking for tangible proof is unreasonable
> Still not even one thing to support you
Big claims require big and verifiable proof.
If we can just make a claim and expect it to be believed then fine, I'm Mr.Spock from planet Vulcan. No connection to your earthling media.
>>
>>17379262
Tell me more of this, crude biped. You seem well informed and wise.
>>
>>17379264
lets usa leader would be a good choice at the moment, but the world didnt start in 1492. No nasca lines in usa, no piramids, no flying soucers in medvial american art
>>
>>17379282
Oh, you're saying that contact has already been made? Oh, yeah, I'd agree that it's been made numerous times all over the world.
>>
HEY

WHO TURNED OFF THE LIGHTS?
>>
>>17379286
Yes, I believe contact was made maybe even thousends years ago, but who? when? and how did they decide who is worth speaking to?
>>
>>17379262
Not the anons questioning your knowledge, but can you spoon feed me on these orbs and skin walker ranch?
>>
>>17379274
>big claims require big proof
>being this retarded on the internet

So you're actually asking to be convinced of something over the internet?

Dumb nigger NO ONE CARES if you believe or not. This thread is a conversation between people who do believe, your opinion is irrelevant, particularly because you haven't studied to matter for yourself.

Just get out, troll.
>>
>>17379440
ßòó HÕÖ MŸ ĘÇHO ĆHÅMßÊR!!!!
>>
THE MOON IS A PORTAL
THE GOVERNMENT IS CONTROLLED BY LIZARD MEN
TONFOIL HATS ARE NOW MANDATORY AND MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES TO PREVENT MIND CONTROL LASERS
>>
Kill the males,annal probe them, disect them....Rape their females. Take their weopons and transportation.
>>
>>17379153
I'd like to hope most people just take it at face value. Having definitive proof that all their religions and cults are wrong, cut the crap out and develop a global consciousness dedicated to advancing science and engineering and trying to solve human problems like that of survival etc.

Basically it would be the ultimate reality check imo.
>>
We have nothing to offer a space faring civilization. Our contribution to the galaxy hover dangerously around zero. No advanced civilization is going to enter into any kind of agreement simply because we think it would be nice. Our best hope is that first contact in our star system will be with a species that is cordially ambivalent about us and view us as I dunno the Branson , Mo. of the galaxy.
>>
>>17379477
>Implying the religions wouldn't just say "wow!! Look what ELSE our supreme being made!"
>>
>>17379488
Unfortunately I think some of them would actually try to adjust their myths for them too. But I seriously hope they instead just realize its a load of crap before they start murdering and forcing a savior on a whole different species.
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 1024x768
Unite Mankind.

UNITE against the darkness
>>
>>17379459
>i can't just enter a thread and shit all over everyone sharing their experiences!!1
>boohoo i'll just act like a colossal faggot and cry about it waaah!

feggit pls go
>>
File: image.jpg (372 KB, 1236x1512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
372 KB, 1236x1512
>>17379477
>>17379488
>a global alliance of Christians,Muslims and multiple other religions calling themselves "The Holy Alliance of Mankind" attacked a Zygroxian Military ship today, thousands were killed when the attackers rigged the reactor to blow
>>
>>17379498
Don't try to fool yourself, they'd all reinterpret their myths, send missionaries to attempt conversions and some would just assume that the aliens were false prophets or the anti christ ushering in the apocalypse.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 300x165) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 300x165
>>17379519
And we wouldn't have it any other way
>>
>>17379509
Cuntflaps, OP asked for opinions. I gave them. You got an issue, that's on you.
>>
>>17379180
Why would we choose to talk to aboriginals or black Africans? They have nothing to teach us except anthropological stuff
>>
>>17379513
I chuckled.
>>17379519
I haven't lost ALL faith in humanity yet...
>>
>>17379534
entertainment
>>
>>17379533

Dickcheese OP asked very specific questions, not for your personal opinion on the validity of anything.

Bye now, stupid.
>>
>>17379544
Humanity I have faith in, I think a great many of us would want to build a new future.
I also know full well that there are zealots who reject reality in favour of fables and not even first contact would sway them.
>>
>>17379549
I think this.
>>17379234
Is the most likely answer to OP.

Also, I'll leave when I wish to.
>>
File: machinealien.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
machinealien.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>17379153
Any aliens encounter are almost certainly going to be the machines that destroyed their long dead biological creators. They won't look at us with kindness.
>>
>>17379204

I'd like to think so but I don't believe it will be, HUMANS love to kill each other. Its our favorite past-time. And until we learn to accept each other and finally have a GLOBAL government, I think the aliens/other space cultures wont have anything to do with us. For we are to primitive and would do more harm then good in space.
>>
>>17379587
An FTL alien civilization would long sense have achieved morphological freedom and the distinction between intelligent machines and intelligent organics would be moot. Such a civlization's denizens would consist of everything from full organics, cyborgs, full synthetics, to consciousnesses that only exist in electronic format in simulated environments.
>>
>>17379630
>Achieving FTL means a species becomes star hippies
I could easily imagine FTL species still being agresssive assholes. Agression is a product of the evolutionary drive to survive and thrive.
>>
>>17379647
Oh they might still be agressive assholes sure. Just saying the whole 'ebil mucheenes will rule everything' meme isn't really going to be true. Likely an alien species with FTL would take advantage of the best of both worlds.
>>
>>17379630
I don't think so. Inorganic forms have definite advantages in the environment of space.

And if FTL doesn't actually work, that'll make it all the more likely that it's gonna be only machines. And Race of machines could just tier their society for different tasks, second based processing for planet siege, hundred year processing for travel, and million year processing for expansion and grand decision making.
>>
>>17379655
No meme responses. Try and give me a single advantage an organic process has over an inorganic one.
>>
>>17379602
you may have a point, this planet is at constant war since almost the very beginning.
In their eyes its probably better if we continue our conflicts in our own backyard, and once its over they might reconsider contacting us
>>
>>17379667
Well first I would argue that humans and the like are just organic machines and again aliens would probably blur the line between machine and organism but since you asked

1) Because of the way it bonds carbon based compounds are the most numerous in existence.
2) Carbon based compounds have the highest melting point in existence discovered thus far, higher even than tungsten.
3) Because of the way organic metabolisms work organics can get energy from a wide variety of sources. Our stomachs are actually pretty damn incredible since you can essentially throw random crap into your mouth and get energy.
4) Carbon is three and a half times more universally abundant than silicon and many times more abundant than any metal.
5) Carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, sulfur, and potassium, the elements responsible for protein construction have small atomic radii compared to silicon and most metals. This means carbon based nanomachines (eg proteins) can be miniaturized to a higher degree than metal and silicon based ones.
>>
>>17379561
>I also know full well that there are zealots who reject reality in favour of power and profit

Fixed that for you m8
>>
File: tumblr_nylyh8Z17U1u0p4xwo1_540.gif (2 MB, 540x385) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nylyh8Z17U1u0p4xwo1_540.gif
2 MB, 540x385
>>17379153
Honestly i hope we can share and learn new things from each other and take our own species to a new level. Thats what i would hope anyway.

Logically however (based on were we currently are), since many of our species are ignorant to various degrees, we will most likely do the same thing that many of our species has already done, that is hate something just because it is different or an unknown and then spread some bias claims that have no basis in fact or logic. This then leads to mass paranoia and skeptics of true fact and those that would otherwise believe false claims, even if they are shown the truth.
In short are species must somehow overcome our own fear of the unknown (we can still be cautious of things and use better our better judgement if we dont have all the information, but we can follow blind ignorance).

On a positive note we would most likely get over our own societal problems of racism and sexism... to immediately hate and be raciest against another species entirely (pure irony)
>>
>>17379743
Sorry i meant *we CANT follow blind ignorance*
>>
>>17379717

These are great points, but all of these advantages are only advantages when living on a planet. Plus to got a little hung up on the literal definition of organic vs inorganic, which is my fault. But inorganic I meant a designed lifeform, not one that naturally evolved.

1. A designed organism and use the materials that best suit it's environment.
2. Carbon can easily be used in the construction of a machine.
3. On a planet a stomach is great, but in space being able to process hydrogen or even solar power is a simpler easier to fuel system.
4. A Carbon based organism will have a narrow band of survivable environments. But a machine can be designed to live one Venus, open Space, Earth, Mars, etc all at once.
5. 74% of all atoms are hydrogen.
6. A designed nanomachine can be programmed to do a certain function and then changed to do another, most cells only have only function.
>>
File: 1441669434080.jpg (597 KB, 1600x1016) Image search: [Google]
1441669434080.jpg
597 KB, 1600x1016
>>17379153
The Omega Conspiracy Dr. I D E Thomas
http://www.scribd.com/doc/112899052/The-Omega-Conspiracy-Dr-I-D-E-Thomas

The Alien Agenda and the NWO
http://youtu.be/X2ZvE40HilE

I.D.E. Thomas: The First To Expose The "Alien" Strong Delusion
http://youtu.be/H1_BmEJ39DM

Jacques Vallee - Messengers of Deception
http://www.scribd.com/doc/33478326/Jacques-Vallee-Messengers-of-Deception

David Jacobs - The Threat
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/doc/David%20Jacobs%20-%20The%20Threat.pdf

Fallen Angels, Yoga & Hinduism, New Age, New World Satanic Order
http://youtu.be/K97yB1-4Ers
>>
>>17379153
Send our women and get alien bbs
>>
>>17379776
1) A designed lifeform is always going to do better assuming the design isn't terrible. But evoultion in a way acts as a designer and will produce a 'pretty good' equivalent given enough time and the right selective pressure.
2) And living organisms incoporate metals and silicon as well.
3) Yeah a stomach wouldn't be super helpful in space. However plant photosynthesis is equivalent to solar cells. What you're forgetting though is that in space there is very little raw material available to build and repair yourself, regardless of whether you're designed or natural. I'm not aware of a solution to this problem. Earth gets around this by essentially being a closed system for most elements with a steady injections of meteorites and the like.
4) I see no reason why a carbon based organism could not survive in just about any environment, barring places like black holes or stars, where energy and raw material is available.
5) So? You can't have an organism with hydrogen alone. Also photosynthesis essentially creates usable energy from hydrogen by splitting up it's proton and electron.
6) Most cells do not have only one function and many proteins are modular and in some scenarios are 'programmed'.

Honestly I think this debate is rather pointless as anything a designed lifeform could do can be done by an organism that is the product of natural selection.
>>
>>17380074
Maybe what we're actually arguing about what a space faring civilization would even be motivated by.

What could we say the ultimate goals a space faring species based on the universe as wel currently know it?

1. Expand as much as possible.
2. Last as long as possible.

A space faring race will wanting to accomplish either of these goals will need to consume resources, defeat competitors, and travel. All that being said, let's say my core point is this, anything that naturally evolves to fill any possible role, can be improved upon by a thinking designer and the same building blocks..
>>
>>17379470
This is why aliens won't talk to us.
>>
>>17379153
What does an ant do when they see you coming?
Are we not like ants to an advanced alien civilization?
If they were/are here why would they reveal themselves?
Would they disguise themselves, use humans, use telepathy, show their craft, preform some sort of sign, etc. to reveal themselves?
Are we not the onese who benefit from their revaltion, what do they gain and does it even matter?
There are many open questions on their existence here on earth if they even care to be here.
>>
>>17380133
>What could we say the ultimate goals a space faring species based on the universe as wel currently know it?

This may sound retarded but aside from their own survival and prosperity they might actually be interested in other species culture and ideas. Specifically ideas that they would never have come up with do to being 'outside the box' in terms of the way they normally think. For a civilization that is post-scarcity and already has everything they could possibly want in terms of energy and materials what of value is left? By seeking out other species they can assimilate their culture into their own and in doing so augment it and increase the quality of their existence. Personally I think most star-faring races are benigh, benevolent, or end up self-destructing. My reasoning is that even at subluminal speeds a race that expanded mindlessely without end could easily colonize the entire galaxy in just a couple of hundred thousand of years as this article argues:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2012/01/extraterrestrial-intelligence
>>
File: 1452781362154.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1452781362154.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>17380558
My great grandparents were contacted by extra-terrestrials who bought some of their livestock for a huge amount of money, but returned many times with the animals who they say were unhappy
>>
>>17379180
>why did they choosed
Choose one making you better feeling.
>>
probably freak right out and become much more heavily armed. There would be calls for the government to start shooting down UFO's as well which couldn't end well

in reality there's probably not much we can do at our current tech level. Fund massive space research programs for the potential attack and develop an international xcom equivalent. It is highly likely that any species continually returning does not have a benevolent interest in us, although this does not imply immediate violence
>>
>>17380625
why does everyone assume aliens would be more advanced than us? what if we discover their planet and they are still pre-electricity or some other lesser developed state?
>>
>>17379180
Because all their teaching got corrupted and the people they communicated with declared themselves gods (or the only one that could talk with god) and started to do shit like holy war and human sacrifice.
>>
>>17381454
Because in the context of this question, they would need to be. We have not found life anywhere we can currently reach or even observe. Ergo, the alien species would be the ones contacting us. Unless the best we can hope for is this >>17379234
>>
>>17381454
You should read the short story "The Road Not Taken"

Basically it postulates that FTL Travel is actually a super simple discovery that humanity just "missed" for some reason, we should have discovered it way earlier in our history.

Their basic technology (minus FTL) is akin to Human tech in the 1700's (black powder rifles / no electricity / etc).

Since we never had the chance to travel through space and trade with other cultures, we spent all of our energy learning how to kill each other, giving us the advantage when they attempt to invade.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.