[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /x/, what horror books do you recommend? >inb4 theres
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: unibrowlel.png (251 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
unibrowlel.png
251 KB, 640x480
Hey /x/, what horror books do you recommend?

>inb4 theres already a thread
I want novels, you fucks.
>>
Bumpin this shit cause I want some suggestions as well.
>>
House of leafes

Who goes there?
>>
>leafes
>>
Almost all of Stephen King, they're all pretty good
>>
File: 1453602010412s.jpg (2 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
1453602010412s.jpg
2 KB, 109x125
OP here, give author name too you dicks
>>
Was going to make a thread about my current read, still might. However let me rec you anything by Jack Ketchum. The first short in Closing Time is a 7 page story about a cat and an ex girlfriend that is legit the most gut wrenching thing ever.

I always think about that story when I write because of the emotion evoked in a mere 7 pages.

Another rec is The Big Head. Go ahead and read some of it on the amazon store page. Real fucked up lol.
>>
What about the book of Magicksss??????
>>
>>17378558
Some guy named Delta wrote it
>>
>>17378000
> wonderwall

I hear goosebumps are pretty good.
>>
>>17378022
Good one
>>
>>17378565
yeah that op image is the reason i almost didn't post itt.
>>
>>17378558
I hear that book is pretty good
>>
>>17378574
yeah that book was great
>>
>>17378594
I thought it was good as well
>>
>>17378598
I agree
>>
>>17378605
Yeah I fugin love that book
>>
I used to love the "Point Horror" books as a kid. You could read one in 2 days, and there were some great contributing authors, R.L.Stine being one of them.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/52323-point-horror
>>
Anything by John Aljvide Lindqvist
>>
>>17378000
im just curious. Whats /x/ opinion on H.P Lovecraft?
>>
>>17378000
Haunting of hill house by Shirley Jackson
>>
wonderwall is a good song

i thought I was on /mu/ for a second
>>
Shameless self-bump because I really want books
>>
>>17381770
What kind of horror?

Splatterpunk schlock? Mainstream Stephen King style? Weird fiction? Ghost stories?
>>
>>17382746
Surprise me, anon
>>
>>17382834

See..

>>17380112
>>
What are the best Clive Barker books? I love Undying and even liked Jericho, so I want to get into his stuff.
>>
I would recommend Stepehen King's Everything's Eventual. It includes 14 short stories. 1 of them became a movie too.
>>
For nice /comfy/ spooks I loved the Johnny Dixon series as a kid. Also Man, Myth and Magic was my obsessive reads but it is an encyclopedia set so that doesn't really count.
>>
American Psycho
>>
>>17378000
>>17378000

OP probably isn't here, but Survivor by J.F. Gonzalez was really good. In the vein of Jack Ketchum.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.