[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demons are not real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Is there people who actually believe in this shit? Seriously, 21st century?

What the hell is wrong with you guys?
>>
>>17377873
are there* and yes, great bait
>>
Its mostly bullshit, but there is positive and negative energy that influence us.
>>
>>17377898

Do you think it is possible to us study this kind "energy"? If not, how do you know it is real?
>>
>>17377908
Well I've experienced when were angry we tend to attract more angry people towards us or if we're happy we attract more happy people, it's like like a magnetic energy, I'm sure there's is some explanation of this in science.
>>
>>17377914
what if you're the only intelligent one surrounded by a bunch of morons?
>>
>>17377914

I think it is just the human nature, actually, probably is.

When you saw a angry man, you will see his angry face, even if he tries to hide it from you. He'll act, speak, walk and do everything diferent than if he where happy, and it for sure will influence the behavior of people around, but not because there is a energy, it because people can SEE other peoples mood and people can REACT to this.

So, it is probably a natural human behavior.
>>
>>17377922
Then you get all the bitches
>>
Skinwalker believers especially annoy me. It's fun to tell stories of them but come on, how could a being kill somebody and wear their skin. That's some bull ass bullshit
>>
>>17377922

I'm not a genius or inteligent, is just logic. Seems like I'm a regular guy surrounded by 60 Q.I. people.
>>
Demons are metaphoris for our bad aspects. Making a deal with the devil, ultimately ending in him having your soul is merely using foul play and treachery to optain what you want. It's really that easy.
>>
>>17377922
This is what everybody, literally everybody likes to think.
>>
>>17377939

That is a good "historical" explanation.
>>
>>17377957
I haven't claimed it was historical. Look it aint hard, real life is pretty fucking boring, so we create ourselves legends and stuff to believe into. Plus having the excuse of demons to justify some horrible act you'd done really is making things easier for you.
>>
>>17377964

Sorry, I forget to justify my position:

When I told historical I meant people created those things to do what you said a long time ago, and that is why I've considered your answer as a good historical explanation.

There is several ways to explain the demons: science, history, geography, philosophy, human nature, etc...

Sorry for that..
>>
File: image.gif (346 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
346 KB, 400x300
Yes. Source is simple: possession.
>hurr durr possession is mental illness.
Explain the cases of possession when the possessed individual starts to speak multiple languages (some of these languages have been dead for hundreds of years) in multiple pitches at the same time.
>>
>>17377873
Personally, I think it's stupid to discount the existence of anything. I don't assume that anything is concrete, there's too much we can't explain.
>>
>>17378007

Well, those claims come from people who heard from someone who heard from someone and so on...

BUT it can happen in a christian cult with actors OR someone with severe metal illness who learned some words in another language OR hipnosys, anuway, there is thousands of possible explanations, and every single one is more probable than the supernatural, which NOBODY has proved it's existence.

If you can prove, I'll send a link from Mr James Randy, this old man will pay 1 Million for anyone who can prove anything supernatural, the challenge are opened in 60s or 70s, but still open and guess what: NOBODY proved it yet.

>>17378009

Then don't discard the possibility of the existence of my invisible dragon in my garage.
>>
>>17378007

"cases"

You mean some bullshit made up stories?
>>
>>17377914
If that was true physically speaking you would attract negative people.
>>
>>17377873
What about semen demons?
>>
>>17377935
Yes... That is right. You guys should listen to this man...

After all, how could a being kill somebody and wear their skin? That's just ridiculous...
>>
>>17377873
Notice you are still referencing dates since the birth of Christ. Specific to your question, "demonic possession", as in where one has the symptoms listed in the image, often can be "cured" with exorcism rituals.

Now. Demonic possession seems to be related to the mechanisms related to Dissociative identity disorder, where one mind can store several personality profiles with independent memories.
Note that I'm not taking a position on its supernaturality here--it could be something from the brain, or really several souls or whatever; I have no horse on this race.

We are on /x/, so I can point to some other stuff.

Instead of referring to DST-5, where I would need to link several things, because demonic possession is considered like several other disorders, I will post a link to a book specifically centered on demons. It is a folklore book published by the Indiana University Press, and it contains a lot of useful information.

How about Demons?: Possession and Exorcism in the Modern World
https://a.pomf.cat/qawjdx.pdf
>>
File: 181-rebuilt.png (31 KB, 800x974) Image search: [Google]
181-rebuilt.png
31 KB, 800x974
>>17381178
Of course, I forgot the image. Durr.
>>
>>17377873

Explain this:

>The 90s
>Underage teen
>Parents buy mega drive (that's a genesis for the burguer inclined)
>No monies because underage teen, dunno what games are cool
>Have some games like streets of rage, golden axe, shinobi etc
>So when offered to purchase new games it would make sense to go and purchase the sequels since I already knew those were good
>fuck that
>randomly choose 3 games because fuck year, irrationality on teens
>Games are: Light Crusader, Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes.
>Totally unknown to me, as I had not really monies for that many game magazines and rarely could read one
>Buy them and receive them
>Enjoy a lot, discover later on that I wasn't just lucky about my pick but that they were cult classics
>Not only had I purchased 3 cult classics out of the blue without being informed about them
>There was something else
>All by same developer
>That developer had 5 games on that console
>>
>>17381225
That kind of situation is aggravatingly common. One might say, specially here on /x/, that there are no coincidences, but, how would this be related to demons?
>>
>>17377873
exactly.. .

now extra dimensional aliens made of matter that defies our dimensional space times laws of physics that can side step the perceivable time stream and can warp reality in improbable ways thats another thing entirely
>>
File: Chuck_Greene.png (143 KB, 278x356) Image search: [Google]
Chuck_Greene.png
143 KB, 278x356
>>17377935
Sounds like something a skinwalker would say.
>>
>>17381238

Oh, I ended up developing a very strange case of schizophrenia later on that consists on a magical illness that no clinical test can prove but that it's totally an illness and not a demon even tough it behaves like a demon.
>>
File: Dhfl7aB.jpg (482 KB, 2085x2399) Image search: [Google]
Dhfl7aB.jpg
482 KB, 2085x2399
>>17377873
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1kiUfpm1d7U
>>
>>17377935
Most of the skinwalker stories that get posted on /x/ are far and away from the actual native American beliefs about them.
>>
>>17379220
The only demons that truly matter.
>>
>>17377873
The quantum world and the nature of the universe and consciousness is weirder than any supernatural beliefs. I don't know why people look for weird things when they can just open a science book and be stunned and amazed.
>>
>>17381247
>magical illness that no clinical test can prove
Oh X, you crack me up.
>>
>>17381178
>>17381183
Thanks m8 I'll give it a read
>>
if ghosts are able to spawn and scream in my fucking ear in the middle of the night im sure people can spawn an almost human dark spirit,
>>
12 year old simulator learned how to post in 4chan
>>
I don't know if I want to call them demons. There is no hell or heaven, but 'they' certainly permeate our world. They are in the corners of our sight and earshot, and speak to the bottom of our conscious. You can hear them if you try hard enough.
>>
>>17383281

What are they?
>>
>>17383294
I'm not sure actually. I just know I hear them and see them when I'm awake but not vigilant. I think they aren't evil, but some can be horrifying, playful, or just ignore you. Best way to describe it is random voices you may hear when you're alone, or shadows that dash around corners when you look up or turn your head. The only real influence they seem to have over yo/me is in dreams and in weak and tired states. If you want me to elaborate on my experiences I can.
>>
>>17377873
I'll be sending my familiar out to you. You will see him within the next night. Come back and tell me demons aren't real..
>>
>>17378007
If you're bonked on the dome in the right way you can go from retard IQ to greater than Einstein level savant.
Even scientists haven't fully figured out how that works yet but clearly its not supernatural.
>>
>>17377935
They don't wear their skin.
They mimic them.
Might be hallucination or possession or anything if the like. But nowhere has any storied said "the thing wore my friend's skin"
>>
>>17377935
Do you know the planet earth has some weird ass creatures? There's a species of fish that hides in a sea cucumber's intestines. Hell, there's a species of octopus that turns itself inside out to intimidate predators. Is it really that hard to believe that there's a creature out there somewhere that can shapeshift? Open your mind dude.
>>
>>17377873
You think so because of a small group of people.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.