[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obe. Tell me what has happened to you anons. What you saw and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 660x330
Obe. Tell me what has happened to you anons. What you saw and what you felt
>>
>>17376770
i second this request if anyone has had one. try not to just make shit up though.
>>
File: rippy_bippy_kek.jpg (81 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
rippy_bippy_kek.jpg
81 KB, 615x410
>try not to just make shit up though
>on x
Kek
>>
I had a psychotic break and it was pretty cool. The imagery and content wasn't within the dominant cultural framework though so it doesn't count.
>>
Kev?
>>
>>17376770
I've experienced astral rape. Not fun.
>>
I was playing etag with a friend, he shocked me real good. That night I had prophetic dreams.
>>
>>17376770
I experienced it during a sleep paralysis once.
I woke up from the dream and then I was rolling above my body for a few seconds, before "getting back" into it. I even saw the other side of the room, even though I was sleeping with my face turned towards the wall.
>>
I tried salvia once, I felt like I got out of my body as a godly being then I was looking through many walls and saw how the multiverses interact. Man that shit was so weird.
>>
When I was younger, I would stay at my grandparents house when I was sick. My grandmother was really religious. So much so that she had a shrine for a lot of Catholic saints. I would sleep on the couch in front of it. Well at least two time that I can remember I had a really high fever. I don't know if I was hallucinating of actually experiencing it but, I was looking down at myself sleeping, I felt like my back was tight against the ceiling. Out of nowhere it would feel and look like warp speed. I would wake up and throw up immediately. ..
>>
>>17376770

I've actually done this.
in before roleplay or whatever.

I used to experiment with lucid dreaming and studied it quite a bit.

I can now remain completely conscious as i slowly drift into the "dream world".
It's really, really hard to do, but within about a week you could be at this level.

It did the "Lay down on your bed with your arms by your sides" thing for lucid dreaming.

Now to the cool part.

A number of times, weird things would happen. I have poor memory of it though, i don't remember what most of the weird things were.

But one time, after i got the remaining conscious thing down, I would be laying on my side with my eyes closed, but see another bedroom in the dark as if i were seeing through another person's opened eyes. I was weird.
It's hard to describe though.
Imagine opening your eyes while laying down on your bed on your side. The room is dark but you can still see a bit.

I'll cont. with the OBE part
>>
>>17381613
cont.

After a few nights of this happening, i got more adventurous. I would open my "real" eyes to wake up, then close them again. The weird thing was, I was right there again with my eyes closed, look out into some random other bedroom.

I decided to end my "experiments" a little while ago though because it became genuinely spooky.

Nearing the end of the experiments, the actual OBE stuff happened.

I would drift into the"purgatory" which is what I called the state between waking and dreaming.
I'd feel all sorts of pulsing sensations that felt like they were coming from my brain. And Vibrating sounds as well (like with you rode a motorbike without a helmet).

After that, I found myself floating in a dark room.
I remember looking around, it was jet black, but the corners and edges of all the objects of my room with defined and traced by weird vibrating lines.
This was really the only way I could see them. (Again, this is really hard to explain so I might draw a pic in paint or something).

I eventually figured out how to move myself around ( to move, i had to think to myself "I am moving forward" but I had to BELIEVE it or it wouldn't work. It took a ton of concentration.)
The pulsing feeling was still there, like a sonar.
I moved towards a wall and found the vibration/pulsing feeling become far more intense. I tried going through the wall, but the pulse and vibration became unbearable.

I ended up replicating this a few different times. That way I could rule out the dream thing.

So yeah, that's my experience.
If any of you have felt the same thing I'm gonna get seriously spooked

I'll draw the pic now too
>>
File: wall.png (17 KB, 659x455) Image search: [Google]
wall.png
17 KB, 659x455
>>17381648
Here it is. I'm shit with paint though
>>
>>17381660
>>17381648
>>17381613

cool stuff
>>
>>17381660
Interesting. I've always had trouble seeing during my OBEs.
>>
>>17376770
I've never actually experienced this but i had some weird experiment when i was younger.
I thought i would share it.

Because i am a sleepwalker, i was always interested in learning about the brain, sleep... and experiencing stuff on me.
I had a lot of nightmare as a teenager and it was common that i would scream, wake up on the floor / standing in my room or randomly in the house.

The scariest thing that happened to me was when i was about 16. It was the week-end so i would sleep as much as i want. However, i was awaken by some random noise in the house. I opened my eyes without moving and saw the door of my room opening and a tall men/women entering in my room quickly. He then closed the door silently, seemingly trying to avoid making noise and turned immediatly to look at me. I closed my eyes instantly. As you can imagine i was terrified. I opened my eyes after some seconds thinking (thanks to the adrenaline shot my brain gave me) that it would be better to see what's happening, no matter what it is. I saw him moving in front of my bed and stretch out there, probably to hide. I then heard a click noise and saw the light of the hallway under the door : my mom was going to work (around 6 a.m). I lyied there for about 20 minutes, listening to my mom preparing herself, eating, etc... asking myself what i should do and faking being asleep. I finally decided that it would be better to act now, as nobody would be in the house once my mom would have left. I jumped to the door, run as fast as i could to the stairs, and went down to find my mom. I was screaming and told her somebody was in my room, probably a theft.
She first told me it was just a nightmare (she was kinda used to see me in panic after waking up) but she understood it was real and saw in my eyes i was not joking. She took a knife and went there with me, half-terrified half-courageous.
Cont.
>>
She turned the light on and we both saw nobody was in there. I explained her everything, she didn't know what to say but we both searched in the house and obviously found nobody. There was a lot of mess next to my bed so nobody could have stretch out there without making noise.
It was the most terrifying thing i have ever experienced.

Second and last experiment :

I used to saw things with my eyes closed. It still happen today, but not as much as before.
Don't get me wrong, i am not a crazy guy who believe in everything paranormal but i do believe brain have capabilities that are not yet discovered/admitted as real. Anyway, when i closed my eyes, after some second, i would see all sort of things : faces of random persons, places, objects, forms, colours, etc... I think it didn't had a real meaning and i interpreted it as my imagination working on, while my eyes were trying to get used to the lack of light. (Happen to everybody when you turn the light off and close your eyes : you're kinda hallucinating for seconds) It happened every night during a period of about one month.
Anyway, after some minutes of seeing all kind of stuff, i used to see a little light pitching in the dark (eyes still closed). It seemed far away but as i was wondering what it was it seemed to come a little bit closer and right after, disappearing. It happened for many nights in a row and despite my effort, i was not able to control it, force it or see it more than once a night and more than 1-3 second(s) everytime. I started to force the "hallucination" by trying as hard i could to "see with my eyes closed". It sound stupid, i know, but the forms and colours that my brain would then interpret as faces and places were strengthened by that, once i got rid of the reflex of opening my eyes when i wanted to see.
Cont.
>>
After that first month (not precisely), i used to see that light for a longer time, but still once a night. This light would come "closer" to me and become slowly larger, looking more and more like a puddle. It didn't look like water though, it was more like that white noise you can see on tv. It happened for four-five nights in a row, without anything new. Then the next night, after the same ritual, the white noise on the puddle slowly dissapeared. It came closer and i could see a girl, with a purple knitted sweater, long brown/dark hair, cute face, a little bit overweight She was standing on a little hill with a city in background. It seemed to be a sunny day, with just some clouds and some wind. Then i found myself to be there, with her but seeing that scene from a 3rd person point of view. They both (her and me) sat on the grass, looking at the landscape. I was seeing this scene from behind them ; the "camera" then moved a little bit on the right while keeping them on the center of my view and i could see a bridge on the background. I interpreted it immediatly to be the san francisco bridge (never went to america but i saw it on pictures before). Finally, after some seconds, the "white noise" came again, stronger at each seconds and i kinda left that place. I saw this puddle of white noise dissapearing slowly, leaving me alone in my bed, astonished by what i saw and how real it was/looked.

I must say that i am a very rational guy and i am trying to understand that form a scientific point of view. During all that experiment, i was not dreaming at all. I could feel my body, hearing the usual noises in the house and my breathe, etc... It was also not the same feeling as to when you "see" things just before falling asleep which is a product of your imagination taking the lead once your eyes are kind of "desactivated". I really SAW it, i was there.
Cont.
>>
>>17377713
Kill yourself.
>>
Reading that again, i realise how crazy it sound. I talked about that with my father who was facinated and finally admitted to me he experienced similar things when he was younger. He said he saw people he don't know, in unknown places. He tried to communicate in many ways with them and he even told me some of them looked like they were seeing him ; but he finally couldn't make contact with any of them. He told me the more he was doing it, the more he was able to make it stay longer, and appear sooner after he closed his eyes. He finally abandoned doing it, as he couldn't do anything with the people he was seeing, and the only personns my father told about what was happening to him thought he was crazy or making a joke.
I've abandoned it quickly after my experiment for the same reason ; and i'm trying to make it again since 2 weeks (10+ years after).

So there it is. If anyone can relate, want to ask questions or what so ever, i'll stay on this thread.

Also, i've read >>17381613 and >>17381648
Very interesting. Can you tell me more about the ""Lay down on your bed with your arms by your sides" thing for lucid dreaming." ?
How was it for you ? How long did it took ?
>>
>>17376786
Unavoidable.
>>
>>17376770
Had your pic related happen to me once that i remember. Didn't see shit, i felt like my ethereal (w/e you want to call it) body leave my physical body and i got really exited and then it kinda blacked out and i lost consciousness and fell asleep.
>>
>>17376770
Closest I have got is a disassociation from my body and a light feeling like my body was in an altered state, I couldn't move my legs for shit but I knew that was because I had been lying down for so long my body thought I was asleep it was like my body was "made" of light on the brink of something. It was weird, any tips?
>>
File: 1440074090990.jpg (430 KB, 592x2871) Image search: [Google]
1440074090990.jpg
430 KB, 592x2871
>>17382292
I think this is the image I got it from, but I can't read the thumbnail.

For me it happened the first time, but it didn't last long. You've gotta keep conscious the whole way in, and that's very tricky.
>>
>>17385211
also in before 9gag quality

I have a few of these pics but this is the first one, from a 4chan infograph thread
>>
Have had many experiences, short lived and sometimes i cannot remember 100% of the experience. I usually get them when i trigger sleep paralysis.The static noise and the vibrations that i still feel in my physical body is crazy and at this moment . i "will" myself to roll to the side, if i do it correctly i usually do roll out but in a non physical form for a very short lived adventure in a very dark but very recognizable room, sometimes things are misplaces and sometimes i see shit that scare me back...like shadow figures.

My OBE's eventually almost always end up with either (a) super realistic hyper color physical plane which some people call the astral plane.
(b)Very lucid dream, but not as lucid and realistic as (a).

I would like to add that the last few year or so i stopped willingly trying to project, once in a blue moon i get a random SP episode but i ride it out and try to go back to sleep... iam convinced that when i messed with this too much in the past i started to attract a lot of negative entities and was actually haunted for a while.
>>
>>17385264
how do you trigger SP ?
>>
>>17385462
My method is pretty simple and although it wasn't always 100%, i would sometimes fall asleep or noises would get me out of this trance. First i would set my alarm to wake me up 1 hour before my regular wake up time. I would get up, walk around get a small snack, anything to semi wake me up. Then i would lay in bed, for me, laying on my back always has worked best. Then i would just close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing, but with the blunt intention for my awareness to stay alert.. slowly but surely eventually the body starts to get numb and the vibrations and noise,etc starts to begin. My method after this is rolling to the side, some people have success with imagining a rope above them and willingly trying to climb this rope.
>>
There are two instances that stand out the most. Both times occurred while having an episode of sleep paralysis.

The first one was absolutely terrifying. After about 10 minutes of struggling to stop the sleep paralysis episode, I suddenly jerked out of my body. I can't even explain how it felt. It was like a pop. I saw my motionless body and my room all around me. After a bit of time, I started to feel extremely uncomfortable and anxious. All of a sudden a face materializes beside my bed. It looked terrifyingly demonic and kept shooting glances and smiles towards me. I then saw it move closer to my body and a panic set in. I'm not a religious man, but I started praying to God to wake me up. Suddenly I was back into my body with a pop and shot up straight from my bed.

My second experience was more peaceful. After an episode of sleep paralysis set in, I popped out of my body again after trying to wake up. This time though I was floating. I decided to experiment and ended up passing through my ceiling into the apartment above where I saw a father and his kids playing. It was peaceful being able to watch them interact and laugh amongst each other. I moved freely around other apartments before I started feeling like I was being pulled back towards my body. In another pop, I instantly returned to my body.

Pretty crazy stuff.
>>
>>17376770
I think I almost had an out of body experience/astral projection moment once at a very inopportune time.

It was about ten years ago at Disneyland, I was playing the Dance Dance Revolution machine at the Starcade and was really getting into the zone with the songs.

Suddenly, I felt very relaxed. Too relaxed.

I stayed on my feet but my body slumped forward, I was having a lot of difficulty coordinating myself and was watching myself flail around on the dance pad going from nearly an S rank score to a D in the span of only a second in a half before I basically told myself "where do you think you're going? GET BACK HERE!"

And bamf, I was back, I recovered, but it felt really fucking weird to basically be half-way out of my body.

But I think maybe I was just experiencing some sudden form of sleep deprivation. But I didn't feel tired before or after that.
>>
>>17385496
awesome thank you, sounds kinda like the phase method
>>
>>17385211
Got the AP one?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.