[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
seriously though.. what do gnostics hope to accomplish by defeating/escaping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: 1455896601659.jpg (14 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1455896601659.jpg
14 KB, 719x719
seriously though.. what do gnostics hope to accomplish by defeating/escaping the Demiurge? Wouldn't that ultimately put a serious kink in the cosmic food chain? I'm wholly appreciative of the whole spirit > soul thing but desu f a m I'd just like to practice wizardly shit and be cool with The Highest High without all the fuss
>>
>>17376732
They want to see what it tastes like.
>>
>>17376732
>Wouldn't that ultimately put a serious kink in the cosmic food chain?
No. By Gnostic tradition we're fixing the kink by restoring our divine sparks. Talking about actual Gnosticism here, not /x/nosticism.
>>
File: 1453415540677.jpg (15 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1453415540677.jpg
15 KB, 720x720
>>17376873
How do you restore something that is supposedly inherent in all humans from conception? Like.. your spark never went out bro, realizing you have one is what's supposed to guide you to the Source.

Or so I thought.
>>
>>17377002
It never went out, but the material world corrupts it, as far as I understand it.
>>
File: 1455876508196.jpg (104 KB, 1064x1600) Image search: [Google]
1455876508196.jpg
104 KB, 1064x1600
>>17377007
What kind of self destructive sociopath would recycle a resource countless lifetimes for something tarnished by the very world that resources fuels? Seems pretty inefficient.

If the Demiurge is aware enough to have such a system in place it seems pretty illogical it wouldn't just return to the source or restore its own spark.
>>
>>17377015
Yep the demiurge is said to be pretty ignorant relative to the source(father). Yaltaboath modeled this universe based on what he saw above where his moms(Sophia qt angel) house is at (the true realm) but his mom only gave him like half the family fortune and told him to gtfo so his universe is pretty ghettoed compared to his daddys...but shhhhh! don't let him know or he might try to move back in lol
>>
>>17377015
Hence why I'm not Gnostic, even if I fully support the belief system.
>>
File: 1453290027155.jpg (6 KB, 225x214) Image search: [Google]
1453290027155.jpg
6 KB, 225x214
>>17377088
I've been trying to understand this religious denomination but srsly man it just seems like thinly veild Luciferianism

>God isn't God
>God is actually evil
>Satan is a lie
>Lucifer was a cool guy
>>
>>17376732
The Demiurge IS the food chain system you dingus.
>>
>>17376732
I've never heard of a gnostic that wants to "defeat" the demiurge. And gnostic cultures generally varied on how literally they interpereted the mythos, but if you interperst it literally today, you're really dumb.

The idea is that these stories create a worldview that allows a practitioner to achieve gnosis, and become one with the pneuma and his soul, bestowed upon him by the highest of powers; whom would certainly have as little to do as possible with the material realm.

The last gnostic thread on here made me cringe so fucking hard. This one is well on its way to that point. Don't get your information from online discussions, go read some scholarly pieces. Please.
>>
>>17379197
actually i have to tell you there are 2 kinds of gnostifags, the one that leads towards ''become one with the pneuma and his soul'' or for say the least... get eated by the demiurge by the end of the times (of this particular universe) ending the sense of ''self'' or ''personality''

theres the other kind of gnostic that focuses on ''escape'' of this material universe, where everything is corrupted or imperfect, sadly we dont know if this is caused by an actually evil being/creator (like the luciferian gnostics claim)
or just an ignorant one who one day he encounters the ''matter'' and just start to give them a ''form'' like if we get our hands on paint and start just painting for the kek.

coming back to the topic... according to luciferian gnostifags (the more radical side of the gnostic spectrum) they claim dat escaping the demiurge will send their spirit (the only part who has not created therefore pure and true) would go to the ''real realm'' where everything is perfect and increated.
if not doing so... the spirit will simply put its power to propell the demiurge's universe evolution and at the end of all the cicles he need to finally reach w/e he is searching for... you just gonna be ''eated'' by him, tho i have this doubt, if the spirit is the only ''true and pure'' he cannot eat em cuz they are not him maybe equals, reaching at this point it comes to your question, why it does even matter?
if all the end of all the ends, we are just going to return to the ''real realm'' no matter how or why, going the gnostic way just make things faster but not different according to themselves.
>>
File: 1454953984699.jpg (14 KB, 400x372) Image search: [Google]
1454953984699.jpg
14 KB, 400x372
>>17379316
Thanks. If interested I'll link where I've gotten my info from because it's exactly how you described the luci gnostics. I wasn't aware there were so many different kinds of gnostics. Could you further explain the other two types you mentioned because I'm intrigued by what you and the person you responded to could share

There are plenty of websites on google but so much of the information is so radically similar or different i dunno what to read and acknowledge as true gnosticism
>>
>>17379382
Not him, but I'm interested if you could link your source.
>>
File: 1453982575783.jpg (34 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
1453982575783.jpg
34 KB, 640x636
>>17379399
http://www.theforbiddenreligion.com/gnostic-book.htm

Enjoy
>>
>>17379382
well first yes i described the luci gnostics so exactly cuz i read from the same source...
so far i know theres just 2 kinds of gnostic

(apparently i explain mysellf bad at the end)
the luci gnostic
and the demiurge gnostics, i called ''demiurge'' cuz, lets be honest, getting rid of the sense of ''self'', become ONE with the allmighty ''concience'' of the universe? that really dont sound you like something familiar (???)

the demiurge gnostic was taugh by ''samael aun weor''
i gotta be honest with myself, if i were to be a gnostic, i would be a luci one, not because im luciferian fan or anarchist, but rather for seeing how bad and messed up is this reality is, blaming the man for all this shit when we have ''a perfect lovable allmighty god'' that would just end all this miserable form of systems just by the mere though... but not only why is messed up, but far more... what for?
i mean everything has to tear something appart in order to survive and bla bla bla you and i have the same source so you know what i was going to tell you.
just by phylosofiyng, you can see what ''gnostic'' is more accurate describing the actual state of things, the only thing i dont like about the luciferian gnostics is how radical they are... everything that is radical is missleaded for is a 99.999999999% dat something is rather wrong and they would indoctrinate on dat, try to stay focus and like this particular versicle in the bible says.. search for all, retain the good, trash the bad ''1ยช Tesalonicenses 5:21''
sorry for quoting the bible, if you really are in to luciferian gnostics this could be the last book you would want to hear/read of
>>
>>17379494
sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language
>>
File: 1453413336923.jpg (43 KB, 776x518) Image search: [Google]
1453413336923.jpg
43 KB, 776x518
>>17379503
All good, I understood you. Thanks for taking the time to type that out.

Does learning about gnostic beliefs depress you like it does me? T b h f a m gnosticism makes more sense to me than any other type of belief system I've studied but all that knowledge just brings me down.

It was an eye opener when I first discovered it but now I'm feeling blinded by the light.
>>
>>17377015
The spark returns to the source to refresh it. Play Dark Souls 2 for more info. ( think of Gwyn)
>>
Get back on your anti-pychotics
>>
File: 1454332351399.jpg (12 KB, 462x579) Image search: [Google]
1454332351399.jpg
12 KB, 462x579
>>17380498
Played it. Beat it.

Elaborate.
>>
>>17380282
yeah that system of belief is hard crushing to someone who has all his life get telling there's an allmighty being in heavens who cares for you, and no matter how bad things are... he's here for you, on the forbidden religion you are alone by yourself, all is against you, and the only support you have are people either genious (tho heavy rare) or very very very stupid anarchist roleplayer fags or... just plain crazy people... whatever they are, they are weak as you and i in comparission to all this happening, only they claim you can escape all this just by practicing w/e they tell you, wich idk if its true.

its sadder to know, not everyone has a ''spirit'' and many are just npcs, is sad to even think your family and love ones are just npcs or have a bad fate at the end for not realizing all, according to them... dats why its very depressing.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.