[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't believe in anything paranormal, can you give me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 19
File: skeptical.jpg (8 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
skeptical.jpg
8 KB, 276x183
I don't believe in anything paranormal, can you give me something science or logic can't explain?
>>
File: scifair-clipboard.jpg (63 KB, 453x600) Image search: [Google]
scifair-clipboard.jpg
63 KB, 453x600
We can't explain why fedoras think spending their days on /x/ trying to debunk everything is a good use of their time.
>>
HA

an empty shell
>>
Nope, I'm not trying to debunk anything, I'm just trying to find something beyond this boring and predecible life.
>>
>>17375798
>I'm just trying to find something beyond this boring and predecible life.

May I suggest investing five minutes in learning how to use your browser's spell-check feature?
>>
>>17375766
What we call the paranormal is by definition
what science can not yet explain.
>>
>>17375798
Dude, I got this really interesting, scientifically unexplainable trampoline. You just need to jump out of your window to use it. So go on. Jump.
>>
>>17375802
you better learn to be more kind with people that don't talks your mother language.
>>
Check some unsolved crime cases
>>
The origin of consciousness and consciousness in general.
>>
disregarding the guy whose mother and father are sisters (>>17375811)
I think there has to be something that science still can't explain. Young's experiment for example.
>>
>>17375766
life
>>
Explain that :
http://youtu.be/wvJAgrUBF4w
>>
>>17375824
Consciousness is just neurons interacting with each other. Evolution made us have larger brains allowing us to be aware of ourselves.
>>17375837
Life is inherent in matter , with the right conditions can arise anywhere .
>>17375843
Just waves.
>>
>>17375766
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun

Took me 5 seconds.
>>
How else do you explain farts that no one claims ... easy ghosts
>>
>>17375766
Dark matter/energy
>>
If science and logic could explain everything, no scientist had a job.
Explain the anomalon particle.
The purpose of the pyramid of academia is to control the knowledge gathered in the 60s/70s.
>>
>>17375766
ITT: Big fish in a small pond.

Have fun with the dummies OP!
>>
>>17375876
> actual schizophrenia
>>
>>17375864

suggestion of three children in a highly religious country.
>>
>>17375776
What else would they do? Date girls? Work?
>>
>>17375857
You know nothing, stupid.
>>
>>17375882
Yeah, I don't know, nothing, so that's why I'm trying to learn things. ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα, hèn oîda hóti oudèn oîda.
>>
>>17375766
Science can explain anything, but as long as it is framed in an infinite regress of limits/horizons, the explanation is bullshit.
Consciousness is not verifiable or falsifiable, so truth is at best metaphorical. If the understanding is that truth is metaphorical, whether it is science, philosophy or myth is a moot point.
>>
>>17375909
How's that degree in philosophy working out for ya buddy?
>>
>>17375916
Nice projection.
>>
>>17375766
What's your earliest memory?
>>
>>17375766
>can you give me something science or logic can't explain?

that science was discovered by freemasons having visions of angels?
>>
>>17375766

explain getting run over by a truck and not being injured

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ZUI1TMoaU
>>
>>17375929
Nice ad hominem.
>>
>>17375766
Metaphysics and physics run by the same gravitational laws, in order to see metaphysics "paranormal" you have to increase your awareness by opening your mind to a fresh innocent perspective. Past and future do not exist, only now.
>>
>>17375933
That science started when some greek guys started to ask questions themselves about what things really are.

>>17375932
I guess when I was a child trying to walk.
The point?
>>17375940
Believe it or not coincidences exists.
>>
>>17375950
Think of everything and life itself as an infinite spiral. Up down, whatever. It's all connected. I'm going to heaven, via this "spiral." (Which is God himself)
>>
The bell
>>
>>17375857
>just
>nothings special
>>
File: divided by zero.jpg (91 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
divided by zero.jpg
91 KB, 750x600
>>17375947
Nice minimization
>>
>>17375940
Only her lower body got rekt, and they were both high as a kite.
>>
>>17375970
Nice deflection.
>>
>>17375766
Science and logic can explain everything, but we don't have perfect logic or all the info
Paranormal is all the funky and interesting things that don't have formal models and theories to describe them. The model must be functional and predict things

Personally I'm interested in the '100th monkey effect' which has been scientifically tested somewhat, and it seems as if there is something there, but how it would function is anyone's guess at this point
>>
>>17375986
Nice strawman.
>>
>>17375766
I think perception has a lot to do with the paranormal. I know for a fact that I have seen things, but I myself and a bit of a skeptic on most things paranormal. I guess maybe it has all been normalized since it's been happening to me since I was a little kid. I don't think anyone can really prove that anything is real unless they experience it for themselves. In my opinion it's just kind of a fun way to spend the time. If you're basically "trained" to see and experience things, it's pretty much the thought process that there cannot be a way that things don't exist. They are out there, but it all depends on the person. Unless we are all just insane.
>>
>>17375951
>That science started when some greek guys started to ask questions themselves about what things really are.

yeah but they were into paying heed to planetary influences,

I thought Francis Bacon and Rene Descartes had more to do with the beginnings of modern science,

those greek were just mixing different older traditions into their own
>>
>>17375992
>Science and logic can explain everything, but we don't have perfect logic or all the info

While you're right in the fact that we don't know everything, logic is either right or wrong, so we pretty much do have that down perfectly, otherwise it would all be completely wrong.

And that monkey thing sounds a lot like meme theory to me.
>>
>>17375982
>Only her lower body got rekt, and they were both high as a kite.

some dude said they were MK ultra trained, the complete story is wacky, they killed some ex military guy a block from getting let out the day after jumping into traffic 3 times, one girl got 5 years and was released in 3, the other lives in America
>>
>>17376038
>some dude said they were MK ultra trained
> some dude
>>
File: CERN PRoof.jpg (79 KB, 671x720) Image search: [Google]
CERN PRoof.jpg
79 KB, 671x720
>the panama canal is no longer east to west now its north to south.
the “tank man” in Tiananmen Square was run over by a tank, though he was not.
>Borneo is enormous. Also the Indochina peninsula exists
>Denver is at the same latitude as Africa. Juneau is more south than Stockholm.
>There is literally no scientific proof that the cold causes colds. On the other hand, acupuncture is evidence-based.
>Comet tails point away from the sun, not in the opposite direction of flight
>Cold oceans are far more fertile than tropical waters
>Compasses point backwards. Ignoring that, they still do not point towards true north/south.
>You have enormous empty spaces in your skull (look up ethmoid air cells and the maxillary, frontal, and sphenoid sinuses). Also, the thymus exists and is huge.
>Nitromethane and nitrous oxide are absolutely different, and both are used in internal combustion engines, but for completely different purposes (total fuel vs oxidizer). On that note, higher "number" fuel burns WORSE
>Most modern nuclear bombs are based on fusion, not fission, as a primary energy source
>nutella is owned by nestle not ferreno
>jiffy not jif

oh and they found the linbergh baby so explain to me why where finding major differences like this unless it was 2 universes merging becuase cern fucked with everything
>>
>>17375857
>Consciousness is just neurons interacting with each other

lmao so wheres the algorithm? baka
>>
>>17375766
Why does warm water freeze faster than cold water?
>>
>>17376080
> humans have shit memory
> CERN did not, and could not ever destrpy anything other than some subatomic particles
> what is egomania?
>>
>>17376080
8/10 bait good job
>>
File: 1455854306852.jpg (1 MB, 2354x2993) Image search: [Google]
1455854306852.jpg
1 MB, 2354x2993
>>17376127
>not reading the whole post
isnt south america supposed to be directly under north america instead of how it is in this picture?
>mohamad ali shouldve died during this fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLWYnTFz9PE
>japan is further north and east of where it used to be. never was next to korea, was further south and next to mainland china
>when did street lights become red, yellow, green instead of what i used to remember as green, yellow, red ?
>austrailia was further south and west, not as near to Indonesia as it is now
>new zealand is way further east than it was.
>>
>>17376080
Jesus Christ I hate how susceptible people are to this "alt universe". Majority of the shit you point out is just spelling errors and can be chalked up as people misremembering things. Chill out and and look up gullible in the dictionary
>>
>>17376084
>what is DNA
>>
Nothing exploded into SOMETHING

BY THE WAY YOU CANT CREATE MATTER SILLY /x/! LOL!
>>
>>17376144
>simple misspellings
>simple misremebering
yeah sure buddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_-pDpLVVNc
mirror mirror on the wall is what we all remeber
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-17/ferrero-says-it-s-not-for-sale-cooling-nestle-m-a-speculation
i remember nutella only being owned by nestle there was no ferreno
>>
>>17375766

Bound particles in quantum mechanics. Yes, science is working on explaining the, but as of right now the explanation as to how they exist is not clear. Nor is it possible for science to accurately predict how they will act beyond knowing that the other reacts to what the first one does.

No, it's not paranormal. Why? Because we are on the VERGE of understanding it. Science can explain everything. That is the very definition of science. It is the pursuit of understanding. If it can't be understood, then it either doesn't exist or our minds are literally incapable of comprehending it.

And, the latter is what we call "paranormal". Really, your question was a silly one. For some reason you seem to be under the mistaken assumption that we understand everything about the universe. And, many things we are on the verge of understanding could easily be used to explain the "paranormal". Perhaps ghosts are particles that were quantumly bound to the mind of a person who died. And, without the mind actively existing any more, the bound particles naturally respond by mimicking actions made in life in some sort of time loop.

I don't know. Science hasn't figured it out yet. That's the point.
>>
>>17376140
> I ate pizza yesterday
> but I have leftover carrots AND leftover pizza
> I KNOW I ate pizza yesterday and I KNOW there weren't any carrots when I put it in the fridge
> my uncooked carrots are also mysteriously missing
> I must be in an alternate universe guise! Help me get back because I'm so speshul the ENTIRE OTHER UNIVERSE WILL DIE WITHOUT ME!!!

This is what you sound like. Please stop embarassing yourself.
>>
>>17376164
Because Disney changed the words like a bunch of George Lucas tier cucks in the re-released version, and you were so enamoured with nutella's rich, chocolately taste as a kid you never bothered to actually read the label.

Can't believe I'm feeding the troll.
>>
File: 1419635078162-2.jpg (8 KB, 255x181) Image search: [Google]
1419635078162-2.jpg
8 KB, 255x181
>>17376195
On May 12, 1932, the body of the kidnapped baby was accidentally found, partly buried, and badly decomposed, about four and a half miles southeast of the Lindbergh home, 45 feet from the highway, near Mount Rose, New Jersey, in Mercer County.

wasnt the whole case popularized over the fact that they couldnt find the linbergh baby ?
>>
>>17376140

Because flat maps are inherently flawed. South America is also WAY bigger than it looks there. The equator isn't stretched out properly.

Any time people use maps as an example of the universe changing on them, I laugh. A lot.

It's because you're looking at different maps! And, neither of them are even close to correct. I don't even know what other map you're using. I don't need to.
>>
>>17376080
I remember the tank man being run over. I remember this very clearly. Ignore the other faggots that are saying shit to you, you're on something here.
>>
>>17375857
okay, what about subconciousness?
>>
Heres something common sense would deem paranormal, but seems to be reality at this point.

The universe is a simulation of itself experiencing itself.
>>
>>17375951
>coincidences
Wow those science. If somthing happen that you can't explain, then it's coincidences. So even dumb shit can be scientists.
>>
If you wish to experience a supernatural event, simply go to a graveyard around 2:50 AM with an Ouija board. Place three candles around the grave in the form of a triangle. Light the candles at 3:00 AM, and begin the Ouija session. Allow your fingers to lightly touch the cursor, do not move the cursor, let the spirits move it for you.

In this setting, most people I instruct will experience an event. Best of luck, if you have the courage.
>>
>>17375766
quantum mechanic and relativity is pretty fucking paranormal by our everyday standard.
>in before science is not paranormal
If something happened, there is always a reason why and how it happen.
Just a matter of whether we understand and can explain it.

>>17375857
i actually totally agree with these..guess that make me a fedora
>>
>>17376714
pretty fucking sure nothing will happen
>>
>>17375776
Kek
>>
>>17376724
So then do it. Don't let your close-minded nature stop you from being enlightened. If you deny every possibility, how can you ever accept the ever-changing truth of the world.

Centuries ago people believed that the earth was flat, and that a man would never reach the moon. If they had just left it at that, denied any possibility that their notions were not correct, we would never be here today.

Though, i think you are the type of person who is easily frightened. You would not go into a graveyard at night if you had been paid to do so.
>>
>>17376724
Then do it anon.
>>
>>17375843
Are you saying sound waves are paranormal? Please tell me you're kidding.
>>
>>17376740
So then, what is your evidence against the supernatural? What makes you adamantly against such things?
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 392x500
>>
>>17376755
ARGs aren't supernatural dude
>>
>>17376374
I only remember they took a picture not a video an he stood in front of it and no one knows who he is
>>
>>17375766
You can prove that something does exist, as well as you can't prove something does exist. That's how science works, for something not to exist you have to conduct research, experiments, more experiments, and data. Otherwise it remains unknown, things that we don't know that we don't know. The absence of evidence, is not the evidence of absence.
>>
>>17375766
The mind.
>>
>>17376013
Nice meme.
>>
>>17375814
Oh, yeah, dude. Our Mother Language.
Because English, especially American English, is entirely original to be a "Mother" language. No, English is the bastard mutt churned out so the british and italian and irish and german and chinese and japanese and mexican and the french could all live in the great Melting Pot and talk together.
>>
Genuinity
Placebo
Creativity
Radionic
The global brain
>>
The orgasm
>>
>>17375766
Katy Perry's career.
>>
>>17376954

He's right. Do you know what mother tongue means? It means your first language. Many americans first language is english, thus it's called mother tongue.
>>
>>17375776
>>17375802
ad hominem
>>
>>17375766
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

>inb4 hue hue it's been explained you moron

Explain how observation affects the outcome of an experiment.

Protip: you can't because physics can't
>>
>>17375766
There's a fine line between 'explanation' and 'it fits' delusions. Most of your 'explanations' are, actually, 'it fits' - nothing more than probabilities which you can't support factually.

Evolution.
Consciousness.
Life.
Death.
Time.

You can't even explain the fucking WOW signal.

You see, whenever you start the sentence with 'It's probably just...' you sound exactly like a religious person.
>>
>>17376940
XD
>>
>>17377143
what a profoundly stupid post.
>>
>>17377268
Yes, thanks for giving a good example of how 'scientific approach' reacts to things that it can't/don't want to explain.
>>
>>17377142
this. It shows that the reason why there may not be a unified theory is because our current theories on physics possesses inherent flaws.
>>
>>17375776

Laughing at loonies is fun. I learned a long time ago that trying to teach someone why their superstitions are wrong is a wasted effort because even if by some miracle, I dispel them of one dumb thing, it's impossible to dispel them of the superstitious mindset, and it's just going to latch onto something else. I pretty much just treat this place like a zoo.
>>
>>17375766
August 27, 1979-Deputy Sheriff Val Johnson of Marshall County was on duty that night, driving not far from the North Dakota border, when at around 1:40 a.m. he saw a light through his side window. It was obviously not on a road and looked too glaring to be a car headlight.

He first thought it might be a small plane on or very near the ground. He turned left on another road to try to get closer to the light to identify it. Suddenly, the light moved toward him, travelling so fast that it almost instantaneously was upon his car (covering an estimated mile and a half).

Johnson was blinded by the brilliance of the light and heard glass breaking, then lost consciousness.

When he returned to consciousness, the car was stalled and had skidded across the highway. He felt sluggish and shaky. He radioed headquarters, at 2:19 a.m., to request assistance. Soon another deputy arrived, who called an ambulance.

The doctor who examined Johnson found him to be in a mild state of shock.

His eyes were irritated as if Johnson had suffered "mild welder's burns," and Johnson couldn't stand to be exposed to any bright lights.

The patrol car had very peculiar damage. The inside headlight on the driver's side was smashed but not the one to its immediate left. There was a flat-bottomed circular dent on the left side of the front hood, about a half inch in diameter, close to the windshield.

There was a crack in the windshield on the driver's side, that ran from top to bottom, with four apparent impacts. The electric clock was running 14 minutes slow, as was Johnson's wristwatch.

The shaft of the roof antenna was bent over at a 60-degree angle, starting about 6 inches above its base.

The trunk antenna was bent over at 90 degrees, but only near the top. No damage occurred to the car's regular antenna on the front hood. Essentially, all the damage to the car occurred on the left, or driver's side.

>Inb4 ball lightning.
>Ball lighting doesn't dent steel.
>>
>>17375866
poltergeist ducks
>>
>>17377306
Forgot pic.
>>
File: JAL 1628.png (474 KB, 969x537) Image search: [Google]
JAL 1628.png
474 KB, 969x537
>>17375766

>The classic.

Japan Air Lines flight 1628 was a UFO incident that occurred on November 17, 1986 involving a Japanese Boeing 747 cargo aircraft. The aircraft was en route from Paris to Narita, Tokyo[1] with a cargo of Beaujolais wine.[2] On the Reykjavík to Anchorage section of the flight, at 5:11 PM over eastern Alaska, the crew first witnessed two unidentified objects to their left. These abruptly rose from below and closed in to escort their aircraft. Each had two rectangular arrays of what appeared to be glowing nozzles or thrusters, though their bodies remained obscured by darkness. When closest, the aircraft's cabin was lit up and the captain could feel their heat in his face. These two craft departed before a third, much larger disk-shaped object started trailing them, causing the pilots to request a change of course.[3] Anchorage Air Traffic Control obliged and requested an oncoming United Airlines flight to confirm the unidentified traffic, but when it and a military craft sighted JAL 1628 at about 5:51 PM, no other craft could be distinguished.[3] The sighting of 50 minutes[4] ended in the vicinity of Mt. McKinley.[5][6] - wikipedia

Oh but I mean obviously the 30 years veteran airline pilot misidentified a normal aircraft -- riiight.
>>
File: 1370415976398.jpg (62 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1370415976398.jpg
62 KB, 480x480
>>17377301
It's equally hilarious to observe primates who believe their beliefs are superior to other primates beliefs.

>Tips fedora.
>>
>>17377328

I guess only insofar as being right is superior to being wrong. I suppose that's subjective.

>kisses crucifix
>>
>>17377135
youre a stupid faggot
>>
File: 1366254127232.gif (1 MB, 172x162) Image search: [Google]
1366254127232.gif
1 MB, 172x162
>>17377335
Your belief that your beliefs are "right" is subjective.
>>
>>17377335
>>17377357
>Kisses copy of "Meno"
>>
>>17377268
Nothing stupid about the WOW signal.

Nothing stupid about the mysteries of self-awareness either. What good is it? Wouldn't we be better off without it, just living in harmony with our environment like most other creatures on the planet? Why do we question? Why do we feel a need to believe in something, or conversely, nothing? Why do we hate? Of what possible benefit could such an emotion even be?
>>
>>17376080
>interview with the vampire
>life was like a box of chocolates
Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit

The others are dumb tho
>>
File: mirror.jpg (281 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
mirror.jpg
281 KB, 2000x2000
biggie smalls
biggie smalls
bigg...

I can't do it, guys
>>
>>17376734

the earth is flat
no one has gone to the moon
what the fuck you talking about we?

you nigger
>>
>>17377142

Please note in this context "observation" does not require mind.
>>
>>17377492

That's up for debate. It's a mind-fuck, and a debate with no answers..

The end result depends ultimately on whether or not there is "information" present in this reality which confirms it's existence.

For instance, running the experiment while collecting the slit data: If you keep the data, you get the "particle" result. If you discard the data, you get the "wave" pattern. It's not the observing that affects the result, it's whether or not there is data present which confirms the result.

You can't get a wave result if you have slit data which confirms a particle, as that's a contradiction in reality. It's like a reality contains a self-protecting firewall. It's bizarre senpai.
>>
To elaborate on >>17377143 and >>17377273, I'd like to give this example:

Imagine that you're reading a mystery novel. A classic one that follows the Knox/Van Dine rules. Like, Christie or Carr.

What is a mystery? It's a set of rules, hints and information. There is also always that moment when the detective says 'alright guys, time to name the culprit'. If the reader is not a complete retard and he didn't buy that book due to some strange mistake (not realizing that mystery genre is not entertainment but rather puzzle), he will close the book and realize that 'by that moment in story, you can pinpoint the culprit - definitely'.

People like OP, and the overall 'scientific approach' crowd are those, who decided on a culprit somewhere in the beginning of the story, and will definitely explain every single riddle of the story with that 'answer'. In other words, their goal is not to find the truth, it's to fit everything they see into the bounds of their answer.

And what is the 'answer' of the 'scientific approach' people? It's always the same. The same as with the space ether, for example.

The idea that 'what we currently know is completely correct and not mistaken, so we should base everything on that knowledge' or, in other words, simple arrogance.

Science is something definite; maths is science. And this bullshit is a caricature on science. All the assumptions we constantly make about billions of years ago, billions of miles away, billions of something somewhere.
>>
>OBE
>telepathy
>remote viewing
>>
>>17375824
>>17375857
It may just be neurons or whatever, but it's really interesting to look at the way people think and how different people think I'm different situations and whatnot. You can say it's just neurons, but we know so little about the consciousness and the subconsciousness, so it's quite interesting to look at other people's opinions on such things
>>
>>17377459
Do you actually believe that or are you just a shit troll?
>>
>>17375766
Quantum entaglement
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement
>>
>>17377606
I bet you watch Long Island Medium
>>
File: 1451506436187.png (28 KB, 167x217) Image search: [Google]
1451506436187.png
28 KB, 167x217
>>
>>17375895
kοίτα με, μπορώ να πω τα πράγματα σε άλλη γλώσσα
>>
I'm hearing a lot of folks say (without proof, I may add) that science CAN explain everything. Is there evidence to support this claim?

Is it possible for science to explain consciousness? We assume that it is, but there's no evidence which proves that consciousness is indeed a result of physical interactions. It may be the case that it can be described in terms of physical cause and effect, but that remains to be shown.
>>
>>17377586
> maths is science

Nope. Science uses mathematical models, but math is not science. Mathematics takes a set of axioms and derives truth statements from those assumptions. The scientific method doesn't need to come into the picture to do this, only reason and logic.
>>
>>17376243
For real, I learned this shit in like 4th grade. You can look at 5 different maps and they could all be different
>>
>>17377796
Assumptions, statistics, generalizations and extrapolations have nothing to do with logic. When you try to wrap up a question by some 'it fits' bullcrap instead of actually trying to find THE truth of the matter, it's not logic, it's fallacy-fest, based either on Hampel's raven or Devil's proof.

It's ironic how modern scientific approach is no different from astrology.
>>
i was about to sincerely reply you for what i know so far... but seeing all these trolls and people caring little to shit about your post... makes me easier to write this and troll you again than to elaborate an actual answer.
>>
>>17375766

why is going into the basement always so fucking scary?
>>
>>17375940
They did get injured. They were insane and that helps alittle.

Watch the documentary called Madness in the Fastlane.

Ended up murdering some poor guy just trying to help them. Fuckin nutty bitches.
>>
>>17375950
The past 'existed' the future will 'exist'
>>
>>17375970
This is not a natural occurrence so why people use this pic as some sort of mystery is stupid.
>>
>>17376021
My Granny got dementia and the things she claimed to see/hear and experience could be considered paranormal. Ghost of my Grandfather talking to her in her room at night and trying to kill her by household items. Seeing hands trying to grab her that were coming out of her kitchen cabinets. Telling me after she woke up in the hospital while I was visiting her that she had just came from my funeral.

I never made her upset or made fun of her for these things because they were absolutely Real to her. In her mind, these things were actually happening to her and I was freaked out yeah but I wanted to support and comfort her. One day she called me scared out of her mind that Mexicans were sneaking into her attic to bowl chickens for money. So to put her mind at ease I climbed into the attic and told her I made sure nobody else was up there.

It's easy to ridicule a person who has mental illness but to them it's absolutely real. Not saying the weird unexplained things people say happened to them is mental illnesses but the human brain can perceive things that they believe are 100% real.
>>
>>17376038
Nothing in the documentary said that. The doctors said they suffered from a mental disorder in which twins feed off each other. Watch it for yourself it's pretty interesting.
>>
>>17376080
Star wars was Never "Luke I am your father"

True fans have known this misnomer for 30 years
>>
File: 1354491288111.jpg (61 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1354491288111.jpg
61 KB, 400x300
>>17375879
lol
>>
>>17376214
No it was sensational because the famous family and because they killed the kid.

Sorry but I've been on this planet awhile and none of these are beyond explanation .
>>
>>17376714
I have a Swami board
>>
>>17376734
I have a Swami board and am not afraid. Do I need someone else with me or can I do it alone?
>>
>>17376780
There's a video, he moves sideways as the tank tried to move around him. He doesn't get run over and you're right, nobody knows who he was.
>>
>>17377328

WHY DONT THE CHEST PIECES MATCH?!
>>
>>17377091
Great Boobs

Case closed
>>
>>17376080
It's called the "mandela effect" you fucking retard.
Misnomers and misquoting spread through the pubic and effect how people receive, and therefore remember and process information.
It's called "circular reporting" in epistemology and sociology.

Stop being retarded.
You have a computer, use it correctly.
>>
>>17377143
The WOW signal could never be found again so it can't be studied scientifically.
>>
>>17375766

Read the latest books by Dean Radin and Rupert Sheldrake. /end thread.
>>
>>17377306
Story is a good one but do they know enough about ball lightning to say without a doubt it couldn't do this damage? What about plasma?
>>
>>17376576
Yup
>>
>>17377405
We don't even know where 'thought' derives from
>>
>>17380369
I dunno about this Dean Radin fellow but Rupert Sheldrake is a prancing little halfwit trying to repackage the weakest of new age spiritualism in a pseudo-scientific package that'd make a Scientologist blush with genuine shame and bawling constantly about how corrupt actual scientific scholars are for not rubber stamping his horse shit.

The only thing a person can learn from reading his books is how to fail at being a charlatan.
>>
After reading through most of the comments on this post, i find myself less informed than ever. Thanks
>>
>>17377606
None of these exist
>>
Neurology has yet to explain superposition, savantism and the illusion of choice.
>>
>>17380390
A common phenomenon on /x/, but it leads to the spookiest aspect of this entire board?

Where does the lost intellect go? It doesn't just evaporate or disperse. Someone, or something, is harvesting it? Devouring it? Is /x/, in the end, nothing more than a trap, a slaughterhouse for ideas?
>>
File: mulcahy1.gif (32 KB, 459x198) Image search: [Google]
mulcahy1.gif
32 KB, 459x198
>>17377799
If you cut a map off a globe it looks like this.

Yes the world is round, deal with it.
>>
>>17377978
You're 'it fits' theory can be proven by hacks and people with an agenda.
>>
>>17380338
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>17380409
It just infects other dummies and spreads retarded shitposting like flat earth and tupalas.

Pretty fascinating.
>>
>>17375880

Bitch 300000 cant be all believers. Also there are photos and shit and all it takes is one dude who didnt saw shit there to debunk it all
>>
>>17380336

The chineese goverment took him. Its no surprise they would spread a rumor of him been run over to cover what ever fuck up shit they did with him
>>
File: Blood Type Gaylord.gif (133 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Blood Type Gaylord.gif
133 KB, 500x333
>>17375825
>mother and father are sisters
>father
>sisters
>>
The Wow Signal, or that pathetic excuse for a theory known as the Big Bang. I don't think anyone can come up with an acceptable theory as to what the singularity was.
>>
>>17377143

>What is the "Descarte method of doubt"

Science proof things by discarting the rest, like Holmes says: If you eliminate the impossible, what must remain its the truth
>>
>>17375766

Google The hard problem.

Basically, the scientific method cannot prove that you or I actually have sentience. It cannot be measured in the traditional scientific sense. That little part of you that knows that its aware is not a physical thing, even though it is caused by physical processes.

But we can't prove that it exists.
>>
>>17376940

Nice tits.
>>
>>17380636
Whoosh.
>>
File: image.gif (16 KB, 401x313) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
16 KB, 401x313
Explain why the bell occurs everywhere.
>>
>>17376214
there was an episode of The Simpsons where Granpa Simpson says "I'm the lindbergh Baby"
>>
>>17375776
/thread
>>
>>17375766
Existence
>>
File: 1424440652728.jpg (118 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
1424440652728.jpg
118 KB, 1131x707
>>17375992
Science doesn't explain anything, it merely describes patterns and slaps labels+math on them.
>>
What you experience after death.
>>
Women.
>>
>>17375798

DMT
>>
>>17382452
that you can apply on almost anything.
>>
>>17377710
yes its possible like its possible your atoms could slide through a wall, where not your body or the walls atoms collided
anything is possible but that isn't the same as probable
>>
>>17377086
Actually it is demystified.

The thing is - as sb with a lot of experience - that people - even during sex - don't but their egos an minds aside.
>>
>>17377538
>>17377142
>literally giving a proof why anything paranormal/magic/whatever doesn't exist
>information has to be perceived for the object to exist in out "world"
>>
does anon believe in chance, fortune, luck or random events?
could it be a force outside of physics?
and if so how could you direct it?

I'm talking about something that's impossible to calculate for. even if you had a biquantum processor singularity thing that could analyze reality and account for every atom. do you think there is still a chance.... slim as it might be. yet chance would still exist? because that omnipotent machine wasn't omnipotent as you thought.
There is always something beyond your control it would seem. Why are we blocked?
>>
>>17382330
Because he was trying to stall Mr Burns and the cops, obviously a joke from a senile old man. Funny too.
>>
>>17375766
Can't or won't?
>>
>>17375766
Why does the universe exist?

Why does 2+2=4?

why do we have subjective experience?

Why is OP such a faggot?
>>
>>17377538
Unless I misunderstand what you're saying, there is evidence to the contrary. See

http://deanradin.com/evidence/Radin2012doubleslit.pdf

In this experiment it was shown that observing the data for the first time can collapse the wavefunction, even if it was recorded a month earlier.
>>
>>17377301
>>17380394

The reason you irritate me more than other people I disagree with is that you supposedly follow evidence. I should be able to show you a couple peer-reviewed studies, wait while you read them, and then you'd change your mind. We both know that will never happen, and that would be acceptable if you didn't claim to represent science. You do make that claim, but you just ignore all the evidence when it doesn't point your way. You're betraying science.

The scientific debate is over; you lost. search for 'distance healing' or 'ganzfeld experiment' on google scholar if you don't believe me, even skeptic meta studies find 'strong evidence' for psy and then conclude it doesn't exist anyway, because there are enough drawn-out abortions like yourselves who are terrified by the unknown.
>>
>>17375798
>>>/a/
>>
>>17375776
Kek
>>
>>17383335
is there a pop sci version of that article? I is too dumb to understand that.
>>
>>17383335
>http://deanradin.com/evidence/Radin2012doubleslit.pdf

Yes, we're both right, sorry I didn't explain it very well.

Observing the experiment directly will collapse the wave function, also, looking at the data will collapse the wave function regardless of time passed. That's spoopy enough..

But, we can go even further.

If you just record and keep the slit data, but don't look at it, as long as that data is "available" you will always get a collapsed wave-function because there is evidence out there that suggests a particle. If the data is deleted before you look at it, you get the wave result again.

So it's not the "measuring", or "observing" that collapses the wave, although both play a part. It's having "information" in this reality that confirms a particle, whether you've seen it or not, that collapses the wave.

>how does a wave/particle know I looked at a piece of paper 300 miles away?

There lies the mystery.

>>17383833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nlbro2MNBs

Skip to 37:30
>>
>>17383928
I tried to put that in Laymen's term but ended up sounding like a fucking retard.

Ah well....
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.