[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be some good twist to a horror story?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3
File: 1453552559464.png (257 KB, 584x346) Image search: [Google]
1453552559464.png
257 KB, 584x346
What would be some good twist to a horror story?
>>
>>17375581
YOU WAS PHONE
>>
>>17375581
protag was CRAZY the WHOLE TIME
>>
It was all a dream.
>>
Yes.... I totaly agree :d
>>
The magic killer doll was actually not magic at all and moved by the guy living in the walls when no one was looking
>>
You think its taking place in an apartment building but its a mental hospital the entire time where theyre running tests on the patients!!!
>>
>>17375581
The main character starts a protagonist and slowly becomes an antagonist.
>>
>>17375581
The protagonist finds out that the things he's seen are all part of his mind shutting down as he is dying. Then everything just goes black
>>
The magic was real!
The magic wasn't in MC at all, hes also sad because hes now rich and famous.
>>
>>17375581
If you die I the game, you die in real life
>>
>>17375581
It turns out apples actually attract doctors!
>>
>>17375581
that disease that makes people into dwarf
>>
>>17375598
This was actually a good one.
>>
>>17375593
i used to read word-up magazine
>>
>>17375581
Schizophrenia.
>>
>>17375721
Salt n peppa and heavy D up in the limousine
>>
>>17375581
The others had a pretty damn good twist, although the movie was boring as all hell otherwise.
>>
>>17375732
hangin pictures on my wall
>>
>>17375598
What movie/book?
>>
>>17375581

The wolf-creature in the woods that seems to be terrorizing the teenage girls home alone for the weekend turns out to have been warding off the completely human stalker that had been trying to break into the house and harm the girls.

Possibly the movie would end with one of the girls shooting the creature, then the camera panning to the guy being let into the house, setting down a bag full of his "tools"
>>
File: 1455832694393.jpg (98 KB, 960x775) Image search: [Google]
1455832694393.jpg
98 KB, 960x775
The protagonist finds out he's been the killer and every other person that he talked to during the movie are his victims but he later finds out it was all just a computer simulation.
The movie would end with people visiting him on his death bed after he shot himself at the begining of the movie ,making the whole movie a dream he had while he was in a 9 month coma.
>>
>>17375785
The Boy
>>
The dogs do
>>
>>17375598
Just saw it. Great movie
>>
>>17375581
The text on that last panel makes the joke.
>>
>>17375627
Underrated post
>>
>>17375816
Actually not bad. You could mix it up too, doesn't have to be a wolf creature ect. I wouldn't like that ending though. I'm getting burnt out on endings where all the "good guys" die and on ambiguous endings. They are doing them just to do them these days, they rarely make it a better film or even fit the story.
>>
The twist can be that the thing that is murdering is actually protecting its self outta fear of what the "victims" want to do. Lets say some fuckers camping are littering and shit and good guy forest spirit kills them for being fuck wads.
>>
>>17376888
Made me think of >>17369275

>can't let them know about me
>>
Everyone was actually different parts of one guys personality. All the victims were killed off so the killer side could have full control
>>
>>17376895
Thats good i guess. Kinda how i would love a story hout a ghost that killsbpeople but you find out its by accident. Just so fucked yo. Cuz you know just because somethin kills you. It doesnt mean that it wants to hurt you. Or is even evil.
>>
Moot breaks the 4th wall and explains that everything was done to create a narrative used to build a better 4chan. Every aspect of the story was secretly an anime meme reference and now you're turning Japanese I think you're turning Japanese I really think so.
>>
>>17376005

Just woof my shit up, senpai.
>>
>>17375583
This.

You're the killer, telling the story in-hindsight from the perspective of the victim.

Switchblade Romance had a good concept but was ultimately shit.
>>
Everyone expects a twist. How about the twist is that the suspected killer was actually a killer all along. We'll call it the anti-twist.
>>
>>17377346

How about the twist where there was no killer, and it was all an elaborate tale created in the mind of a 12 year old RPer from /x/
>>
>>17376888

That's pretty much what happens in The Thing
>>
>>17377146
When did /x/ get suddenly funny, I haven't even been gone that long
>>
>>17375581
The butler did it.
>>
Turns out protagonist is actually in hell and all his "friends" are actually his tortures for eternity because he killed them all in life before killing himself.
>>
>>17375581
You think he would remember a guy he killed
>>
I can't tell who's sarcastic and who isn't in this thread and that terrifies me.
>>
>>17375816
Reminds me of a Scary Story to Tell In the Dark, about some woman who was pursued by a guy flashing his high beams only to learn he was doing so to warn the lady.
>>
You are the king of floogo
>>
>>17375581
and it turns out that bald dude at the end, that was Bruce Willis the whole time!
>>
>>17375627
ohhh! i like that! so spoops
>>
>>17376906
thats a movie
>>
>>17377696
but it's not a 'horror' movie..
not yet!
>>
>>17375581
Romantic comedy where one of the partners is manipulative & abusive the whole time, but it's played for laughs & feels & ignored until it gets really serious.

like suspicion, the hitchcock movie but written like the book where the boyfriend is the killer, actually & not like the movie where lolrandum she's DELUSIONAL
>he couldn't be evil, he's cary grant!!
>which is actually the real reason btw
>>
File: identity.jpg (612 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
identity.jpg
612 KB, 1000x1500
>>17377712
yes it is sir, its actually pretty good too! well i enjoyed it
>>
>>17377731
Spoiler alert:! thats the twist at the end, the idmb discription doesnt tell u that tho
>>
>>17377731
>>17377733
I had no idea!
>>
>>17377737
def worth a watch bro! i love that movie
>>
A roleplayer from /x/ wasn't lying this whole time, but still gets killed in the worst possible way for being a gay vampire
>>
No one dies at the end and everybody gets everything they ever wanted while simultaneously realizing nothing has really changed in their lives at all.
>>
Go to sleep three times, wake up four.
>>
>>17375581
Protag is antag from the future, all efforts to solve crisis cause crisis. You rooted for the bad guy all along. No big obvious unpacking. End with multiple possible conclusions. No ultimate correct interp.
>>
>>17376906
That movie was epic
>>
>>17377655
Ditto
>>
>>17375581
The black chick doesn't die first.
>>
>>17376005
I think thats the plot of Metal Gear
>>
>>17377729
I like this annoys idea but it starts as a romantic comedy, boyfriend loses temper over something like her cheating ends up killing her in anger gets away with it but there's people who believe he did it who influence and convince others to hate him causing a lot of turmoil and misfortune in his live that makes the viewer feel bad for him even though he's the killer. and he lives with his guilt in the form of the girlfriends mother who consoles him and believes that he's done nothing wrong
>>
The car was not only killing people but was possed by the son of statan and the baby was his way in untill that screwball J,C messed his hustle all upp .
>>
>>17375581
>OP was phone.
>>
>>17384929
Omfg good one, the feels are quaking in my heart.
>>
>>17375581
The murder was actually just dreaming, and hasz in fact been locked in the real psycho's rape dungeon the whole time.
>>
>>17377731
>was original poster of that twist
>loved the movie but couldn't remember the name
>Wanted to watch it again
>based /x/ delivers

thanks anons
>>
>>17375581
The ghost just wanted a friend.
>>
>>17375581
Slendermon was actually David Bowie.
>>
>>17375581

I am writing a story and I hope the "twist" is decent enough.

Basic gist is man uncovers some spoopy shit in his grandpa's childhood diary about the woods near old rural family ranch. He goes to check out the thing years later, his girlfriend in tow. Thing is old school poltergeist. Spooky shit happens. Protaginist unnerved, doesn't involve girlfriend. Scary shit happens. Protagonist losing mind. Scarier shit happens. Portaginist is in full meltdown mood. Figures out how to beat it. Beats it.

Goes back to city. Spooky shit happens. Spooky shit escalates, but not quite that bad, not escalating but still there. Can't figure out how to beat it and why the original plan failed. Scared shit will get worse. Finally convinced he should tell his lover everything.

Twist.

He did beat it. He is just suffering PTSD, all that shit that has happened after the farm is natural occurrence.
>>
>>17385135
8/10 Anon, would watch. You'd have to pull off the ending very well for it to be memorable. Something like it starts with a vase falling over. Then a lightbulb explording. etc. You have to recreate these events back in the city, preferably in order. His mind fills in the rest when in actuality its just a series of events. Cat knocked over vase and ran before he could see it. Lightbulb explodes from power surge. etc
>>
>>17385181

Pretty much the plan. Just tiny things you always hear about when people say they are haunted, but are easily explained away by living in an old apartment. The same way it escalted at the farm. The pressure the ghost gives off when it's in a room is just going to be his sense of dread. Everything is going to set him off, and in his rush to try to stop it, he doesn't stop to realize it's just fear.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.