[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Bowie trying to tell us something with his last album, B
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: majortom.jpg (71 KB, 1006x510) Image search: [Google]
majortom.jpg
71 KB, 1006x510
Was Bowie trying to tell us something with his last album, Blackstar?

Released two days before his death to cancer, it is the last album from the rockstar who has been known for his interest in the occult, particularly the kabbalah and heremeticism.

The music videos for 'Black Star'
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszLwBaC4Sw
and 'Lazarus'
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8
in particular have been controversial for their display of what appears to be occult symbolism.

Is there a message here or is it just artistic decoration?
>>
Its less about the symbolism of the objects like major tom's skull or the bible with the star, but more about the movement of the characters. The movements are all about vibrating energy, and then moving that energy through the body.

Even when he's dying he's still shaking with energy
>>
an rock star with the interest in occult !?

well fuck me
>>
I'd be interested in anyone's input on this.

Listened to a podcast not too long ago that talked about Bowie and the Occult after his death. Always been a fan, but it got me curious and I have been listening to his stuff a lot more recently from this perspective.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't know... the Occult angle really hasn't struck me as significantly as I've seen it being portrayed. A song here, maybe a line in another there. A lot of his more recent albums seem devoid from any of it at all... until Blackstar.

What am I missing /X/?
>>
>>17374846
Bowie would laugh at you and your delusions.
>>
Hey anon; there was already a thread on this. OP was claiming to have already, " Figured it out,"
His last hint where I had kept up to was
The movements of Black Star
The imagery of Lazarus
And the lyrics to Quicksand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP2SS8ggLtU
>>
One of the band members said that Blackstar was inspired by Isis
>>
>>17374826
http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/occult-universe-david-bowie-meaning-blackstar/
>>
it's just music
>>
>>17375073
>the jewel encrusted skull represents the astronaut's ascension into godhood
What a fucking load...
>[...]I today simply consider myself as “Christian”.
>This website is however not about religion[...]
Bullshit. You cannot be a Christian and have an objective opinion. Simple as that, you either see with Christs eyes or you are not a Christian at all.

Vigilant Citizen is a fucking Christian whackjob site that makes Canary Cry Radio appear sane. This guy is off his rocker and consuming enough media of the world to distort what he believes are Christian views. They are not. What he is doing is creating an excuse to immerse himself in a culture he doesn't like so that he may JUDGE that culture.

Fuck him, he is as Christian as the pedophile mary-worshipping pope. Which of course is not at all.
>>
File: Bowie-Kabbalah.png (265 KB, 346x518) Image search: [Google]
Bowie-Kabbalah.png
265 KB, 346x518
>>17375361
>>17375073

Another interpretation from the Daily Mail
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3418885/He-exploring-end-David-Bowie-s-final-music-video-includes-hidden-references-Kabbalah-beliefs.html

On his appearance in the "Lazarus" music video:

>And as he wears what looks like a replica of the striped shirt in Lazarus it might mean the legendary musician could have been 'exploring' his past beliefs in the lead up to his death.

>A source has told The Daily Mirror: 'There is absolutely no doubt this is a reference to that particular time in his life. David may have been looking into and exploring certain aspects of Kabbalah towards the end.

>'The fact this is the last image of him on video - and this is the outfit he was wearing - is surely significant.'
>>
I can’t answer why (I’m a blackstar)
Just go with me (I’m not a filmstar)
I’m-a take you home (I’m a blackstar)
Take your passport and shoes (I’m not a popstar)
And your sedatives, boo (I’m a blackstar)
You’re a flash in the pan (I’m not a marvel star)
I’m the Great I Am (I’m a blackstar)

this is literally telling people to commit suicide
>>
What is the significance of 'Stars' to begin with?

From his song "The Stars are Out Tonight" (which on a surface level is about celebrities)

>Stars are never sleeping, Dead ones and the living

We see the stars in the sky even if some of them are dead because their light takes thousands of years to reach us

>Waiting for the last move
Soaking up our primitive world
>>
>>17375636

It is, but I dont think its coming from him but a characature he's putting on
>>
>that dead astronaut with the cult around him

G-g-ground control to Major Tom?
>>
>>17375059
Bowie reportedly denied saying this to that bandmember.
>>
>>17374826
>trying to tell us something
Nah, artists don't usually care about expressing anything.
>>
Pretty obvious that Black (void, nothingness, death) Star (him)--it was just a way to say he was a Dead Star. He says it all the way through the song. I'm a Black Star. I'm a Black Star. Plus, if you look at the album cover--the black stars on it spell out B O W I E
>>
>>17375361
> poorfag protestant detected
>>
>>17375620
>Another interpretation from the Daily Mail
> Daily Mail

Ha. Hahaha. Hahahahahaha. Oh anon, you crack me up!
>>
Now that Bowie's gone somebody needs to replace the void in his stead.
Perhaps Blackstar is a reference to the next big idol in the industry.
Someone who hasn't been found yet, but is writing lyrics in the wake of his death.
>>
He was trying to say OP is a faggot
>>
>>17375854
It will be Mac Demarco.
>>
Last Podcast On The Left did an episode on David Bowie and his occult obsession that you may be interested in.

http://cavecomedyradio.com/podcast-episode/david-bowie-and-the-occult/
>>
>>17376254
Shut the fuck up god-lover. Your faith is weak, your dogma is flawed, and your god is tiny and laughable.
>>
>>17376254
Quit spamming the board and fuck off back to one of the following:

>/lgbt/- I'm sure they can help you with your repressed homosexuality.
>/pol/- they're a bit more appreciative of christfaggotry
>/b/-shitposting.
>>
>>17376391
Stop, you hurt my feelings.
>>
>>17375098

the entire entertainment industry is run by dark occultists who want to corrupt the youth and destroy any semblance of decency throughout the entire western world. it's not just music or tv or movies; it's an agenda.
>>
>>17376391
>Edgelord detected
>>
>>17376254

The Prophecy Club is a Freemason front.
>>
File: 1454716783383.gif (961 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1454716783383.gif
961 KB, 300x250
MFW A "black star" is a term for a cancerous lesion
>>
>>17377149
so bowie is basically telling us that he and his music is cancer
>>
>>17375361
VC has been proven to be from a media company. It's a marketing tool.
>>
File: 1441485217243.png (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1441485217243.png
1 MB, 2000x2000
He was playing a practical joke on stupid fucks who would meticulously look into anything that even remotely appears to have a tint of the occult. He basically trolled you beyound the grave.
>>
>>17374826
>Was Bowie trying to tell us something with his last album, Blackstar?

Yes. He was an artist and I believe he was always mystified by the power that an artists death can have over their works. I believe Bowie was very concerned with not only the works that an artist produces, but what being an "artist" itself entails. This sort of philosophy is synonymous with the pop culture phenomena that he became entwined with.

Blackstar wasn't an album to make money or to leave his family "well off", Blackstar was his last work of art and I think it was in many ways his attempt at putting a summary onto his career into his own words and cementing a lasting memory for himself. There is likely a lot of subtle messages in the album and it's videos. The guy knew he was dying, there was no leash left for the record companies to hold him too.
>>
>>17374826

Yes, he was trying to tell us that he knew his soul was bound for hell because of all those underaged girls he drugged and raped in the 1970s
>>
He was probably terrified that's for sure
>>
>>17375854
>Replace Bowie
Good luck.
>>
>>17376254
Scary Shit
>>
>>17376391
U mad bro???
>>
He was basically telling all the pop artists of today that they're short-lived; kids will move on and they'll fade away.
>>
Why don't you just summon him and ask?
>>
>>17377473
Hope Kanye sees this...
>>
>>17375361

Your post is confusing, of course a christian is going to hate satanic stuff like cartoons, because Christ would see them with hate, he is a christian every wako whit the name "Vigilant" is a fucking protie or as I call them, cartoon hunters or Joykillers or Black cock worshippers.
>>
>>17377451
He mad
>>
>>17374826
Rottting alive was the message. It was metal af. He didn't suffer from it, I don't think. Maybe symbolic for dementia/senility or just death in general. I don't think he was hallucinating or anything.
>>
These stories are much older than the Kabbalah and Hermeticism.
These are myths from the Dawn of Man; between the Neolithic and Bronze age.

Avatar Belief is based on level stratification, juxtaposition and contrast, with every concept existing as an apparent individual while engaging in interactions with others, sharing and competiting. The idea is that while the Universe is one, the illusion of complete seperateness is being played out as a dance, song and game; each high level incarnation influencing those below it, causing wakes/ripples.

That said,

Black Star, Dark Star, Black Sun, Black Fire, Black Lotus:
Yantra Bindu [Pattern of Opening/Rebirth into the World; from point to flowering growth/explosion, from world world into the next] of an unnamed Avatar ["The Unknown God"].

White Star, True Light, White Lotus, Bright Fire:
Yantra Bindu [Pattern of Opening/Rebirth into the World; from point to flowering growth/explosion, from world world into the next] of an unnamed Avatar ["The Unknown God"].

In the myth, a being born into their way, and reborn (their influence is reborn and makes the next "version" of "them"; influence, protege, etc...in "their image"), and each time the incarnate flesh must make a journey to improve, grow and fill in the gaps of their knowledge and power.
Over time, there must be two endgame entities; two that are opposites and complimentary in cosmic fashion.

The Entry Point and Influence of all Higher Avatars ("Final Form" of every being) is referred to as "point" "spark" or "birth", and the growth of thins into their frequency state is referred to as their "mount" "star" "flame" "state" "majesty" "lotus", etc.
>>
>>17374846
The assemblage point being re-located.
>>
>>17375098
>it's just music
You don't really understand that music can be quite powerful, do you?
>>
>>17374826

Yes, that he was old as shit and dying of cancer you colossal fuckwit.
>>
>>17378497
>music can be quite powerful

Yes, many armies tried defeating Gengis Khan, but ultimately it was a rock ballad that sent him to the land of the dead.
>>
>>17374934
I would say you're missing his allusions to Ziggy and his other works.

Of course it was occult. The shaking shown by all his "dancers" is actually something that is believed to be a sign of possession or demonic influence.

The girl who grabs Major Tom's skull and carries it back to the Villa of Orman, or armen (never did figure out the spelling). Anyway the girl looks normal, gentle, waiting, innocent. Then shows her tail. A demons tail. This screamed out loud to anyone paying attention that Bowie was claiming to have snuck in his corruption under the guise of something innocent like pop music. Or that pop music itself is corrupt and disguises itself.

The worship of the virginal maids including laying the skull on one of them, "claiming" her, is mimicry of the black mass. The fact that the girl with the demon tail joins them carrying Major Tom's skull as they wait with the leader of the ritual only further cements the idea that the whole point was to corrupt the youth.

His display of the "black star Bible" dressed as a preacher, alludes to his attempts at teaching others his ways. The fact that it seems like he's doing it in a confrontational manner, symbolizes his battles against those suspicious of his corruption.

The fact that he covered both his eyes in the video shows that he's abandoned (or been abandoned by ) the path that was laid before him and is unsure of what awaits when he dies. Elevation because of his service? Or pain? Nothingness? After his whole life lived following orders he's finally human. An old man who is just as blind to the other side as the rest of us.
>>
>Musician about to die fills video with spiritual symbols.
Seems like he was confronting his mortality.

Wait, no, this is /x/....

SPOOKY JEWLUMINATI ALIUM SLENDERMEN SKELLINGTON GOASTS DID IT
>>
>>17378525
You're not from around here are you?
>>
>>17374934
Fellow Last Podcast On The Left listener?
>>
The song seems to be split into three parts, and Bowie plays three characters.

>The sickly "Button Eyes" , who takes up much of the first part. Button Eyes and the "Preacher" character seem to be connected, with the Preacher as Button Eyes's tormentor or caretaker during "Lazarus".

He lives in the "Villa of Ormen", later falling ill inside it and dying during "Lazarus".

>"Spasm", a dancer who dances with a shadow behind him- as if he is possessed by something or someone. Spasm is silent, and has no real obvious lines within the song.

>"The Preacher", a somewhat sinister religious-seeming figure. Seems quite reverent of the titular Blackstar (Major Tom?), to the point of worship and holding some form of Holy Book emblazoned with a black star symbol.
>>
File: bowie.jpg (228 KB, 1275x1078) Image search: [Google]
bowie.jpg
228 KB, 1275x1078
>>
>>17375651
>What is the significance of 'Stars' to begin with
Because he most famous for song Space Oddity, which is about space. Stars are in space.

>>Stars are never sleeping, Dead ones and the living
The entire point of this line is that people who are stars (famous), even when they've died, they still have impact on the world because they were so influential.
>>
>>17377380
>one girl he statutory raped that was one year under the age of consent of his homeland instantly translates to = raping loads of underage girls
I'm sure those girls totally didn't drug themselves since they were groupies. Also, it's highly possible David didn't know the age of consent and thought it was 16 like the UK. Age of consent isn't exactly something they read to your face when you tour. It's not like nowadays where you can google it on a websearch.
>>
>>17374945
Because bowie was big into non-acceptance of people, right?

Your fucking retarded.
>>
>>17374846
>>17379289
Not him, but I'm pretty sure the shake dancing in Blackstar is just a reference to the shake dancing in Fashion.
>>
>>17375098
>>17378504
I pity you
>>
>>17378085
>hate
No, I think?
>>
>>17378509
You're not wrong but if you were right things would be much simpler. You can't read everything like that and think you've got it all right, if you do. You're better off describing the entire video without thinking about the reasons behind it.
>>
>>17379474
yes
>>
it's about his future death. That's all
>>
>>17378509
I can get that. I suppose I should have said I was looking at things strictly from the perspective of the music alone. Which I guess, ultimately, isn't taking in the full picture of things anyways.

I guess I felt a little disappointed that it seems a lot more of the symbolism comes through in his videos rather than the songs themselves.

>>17378821
Hell yeah!
>>
>>17375854
dude thats the vibe i got from it all... and i had a very odd experience when he died.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.