[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxK P
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: RabbitsDavidLynch.jpg (316 KB, 542x904) Image search: [Google]
RabbitsDavidLynch.jpg
316 KB, 542x904
Anyone else seen this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxKPBLjHAEA

It honestly always makes me uncomfortable. And i can't make any sense of whats it supposed to be about.
>>
>>17368151
Minimized. Plug your shit else where.
>>
>>17368162
It's not a plug dummy, not unless OP is David Lynch.
>>
you guys make 0 sense...
>>
File: 1307845030001.jpg (11 KB, 240x264) Image search: [Google]
1307845030001.jpg
11 KB, 240x264
>>17368185

Well OP should mention it's a David Lynch film and provide more info than, ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS <POST YOUTUBE LINK>

>> Top quality OP posting

Sorry, forgot to minimize.
>>
File: Gq8y6ZA.gif (386 KB, 420x240) Image search: [Google]
Gq8y6ZA.gif
386 KB, 420x240
>>17368206
The youtube link, and picture says DAVID LYNCH. So i didn't think you guys really needed me to tell you that.
>>
Well I never been afraid of rabbit but I guess that's off the list now.
>>
I watched and must say ?
>>
>>17368151
The jumbled dialogue didn't really give us much of a narrative to latch on to.
It made me feel disoriented and on edge
>>
I Really like these shorts, OP. A popular theory is that the bunnies are in a limbo-esque zone but I don't really buy that.
The non-sensical dialogues are both a satire of dumb tv shows and a way to create a creepy atmosphere.
It's not really about "anything", in the literary sense. Like most of Lynch films, it tries to evoke a non-linear dream logic. Just think of it as a "recorded nightmare" or something like that anon. It doesn't makes sense and also doesn't tries to. Hope I explained myself well.
>>
>>17369064
Thank you.
Me and my dad both watched it some time back and ended up having these odd nightmares. I just thought maybe there was some kind of plot to it, i like to believe there's an explanation to most things.
>>
I used to have a minor obsession with finding meaning to this thing, OP, but ultimately, it's Lynch. There could be a million possible answers and none of them would be correct. I might try to work on it again, though. I was writing down transcripts of the "poem" thing they were reciting and trying to come up with theories.

>>17368206
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>17369199
care to share any possible conclusions you have come to?
>>
>>17369199
Damn, i would be really interested in hearing it! And hearing about your disvoverings along the way. And just discuss ideas in general, if its okay with you we should add each other on something, just so we can keep in touch?
>>
I've never really thought to analyze what Rabbit's is about since I don't even think David Lynch knows (and whatever meaning there is to it, it must somehow extend over to Inland Empire since Rabbits are also in that film.)

But I will say that I'm pretty sure the main reason why there is a laugh track is because Lynch thinks laugh tracks are incredibly stupid and disturbing.

Whatever Rabbit's is about, it is deconstructing the narrative of sitcoms. It's like a sitcom for demons.
>>
File: 1453162637769.jpg (139 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
1453162637769.jpg
139 KB, 580x580
Bunny bump
>>
>>17370684
It would probably do well on FOX then, am I right?

On a less retarded note, I'm fairly new to Lynch's stuff, but what I have seen tends to place tension and fear above structure and story. Not to say that those elements aren't there, they just seem less important to Lynch's vision.
>>
>>17371540
I'm still kind of a Lynch noob myself, but been watching more. There are times when he tells a (slightly) more coherent story, but weird, disjointed WTF-ery is his specialty.
>>
>>17371540
>>17372999
I'm a huge David Lynch fan, and it's not that he doesn't like telling a story, it's just he likes leaving things up to the viewer to interpret. Some people think he's incapable of telling a coherent story, but it's not true, they just bore him. Films like Blue Velvet, The Elephant Man and The Straight Story are coherent.
>>
>>17368967

The rabbits are afraid of a man, are aware that they are being watched by an audience, and the rabbits admit to having been possessed as their secret.
>>
File: n3egfgwpvh1tv6s1to3.jpg (26 KB, 550x273) Image search: [Google]
n3egfgwpvh1tv6s1to3.jpg
26 KB, 550x273
Don't mind me.
>>
>>17368206
>trying to sage with an image
>>
>>17368151
The dialogue makes sense, it's just out of order. I've considered transcribing it all then finding the order, but it'd take a bitch of a time.
>>
Didn't really like it, and I like Lynch. I don't know, I still could put in some head work to grasp it, but it just seemed so drawn out and just.. boring? Maybe not quite boring, but dry at least. I do like the warped dialogue though, it keeps you on edge.
>>
>>17368151
This was made to work with Inland Empire, which itself was a distorted mess... I quit watching it half way through. I am a HUGE Lynch fan but that movie... it was... it asked too much from the audience. And it was so OBVIOUS what was going on, that waiting for it to just spell itself out got pretty tedious.
>>
>>17368151
oh shit, I watched this on shrooms, fucking hated it, but its cool
>>
Edgy comedy ?art?
>>
>>17376689
Well, you got one out of three.
>>
>>17376200
But wasn't Rabbits made before Inland Empire? And didn't they only show part of it? I haven't actually watched that movie yet and it sounds like you're not a fan of it.
>>
Le film expert thread cause babbys watched a Lynch film and need the explanation spoon fed to them.

Back to capeshit and star wars 12 year olds.

Love /tv/
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 200x252
>>17377532
>>
>>17377532
Yo /tv/

Go back to your underage feet threads.
>>
File: 1408395186643.jpg (105 KB, 960x719) Image search: [Google]
1408395186643.jpg
105 KB, 960x719
>>
No one else has an interpretation of this?
>>
File: Inland_Empire_screenshot.png (1 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
Inland_Empire_screenshot.png
1 MB, 1920x1040
>>
>>17368151
Nice costume. Shitty camera though.
>>
>>17383377
Probably intentional.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.