[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Hat Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: hatman.jpg (6 KB, 200x299) Image search: [Google]
hatman.jpg
6 KB, 200x299
Has anyone ever seen the Hat Man? How about any other shadow people?

I'm going to tell this the best I can as all this happened before I was born.

My dad was renting a little house near my great-grandparents when he met my mom. It was sort of a dump because he was a single father, but he kept it up the best he could. My mom's side of the family has always been "sensitive", and as soon as my parents started dating my mom knew the house felt uncomfortable to her, but she couldn't put her finger on why.
A few months later the were engaged and my mom was spending more and more time over there. Since my dad worked nights, my mom would often stay to take care of my half-brother. Most nights she felt so uneasy that she would take my brother over to my Granny's house and stay there. Since she hadn't actually seen anything she tried to convince herself that she was just being silly and decided to force herself to actually sleep in the bedroom.
Since the house was sort of shitty, the foundation was uneven and there was an uphill slope leading from the kitchen into my dad's bedroom. One night my mom finally got the courage to sleep in the bed and was just starting to doze off when she heard a crash come from the kitchen. She sat up and squinted into the darkness and watched as a coffee cup rolled slowly up the incline and into the bedroom, stopping right in front of the bed.
The next incident happened in the bedroom as well. She had decided against her better judgement to stay in the bedroom and actually managed to fall asleep. Not long after she jolted awake and felt like someone was watching her. That's when she saw him. He was standing in the bedroom doorway and she said he was tall and was wearing a top hat. He just stood in the doorway, watching her and then vanished. She grabbed my brother and went to my Granny's, but decided not to tell my dad. (continuing)
>>
>>17367149
roleplaying posts r fun!!!!11
>>
File: 1407809571799.jpg (11 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1407809571799.jpg
11 KB, 320x180
>>17367150
>roleplaying posts r fun!!!!11

>anon spends his days Trollplaying, views self as Mr. Internet
>>
>>17367149
(continued)

A few weeks later, my dad was getting in the shower and my brother was playing in the living room. A few minutes later my brother runs into the bathroom screaming. My dad gets out, throws on a towel, and tries to figure out what is going on.
"Daddy! My eyes are playing tricks on me!" my brother yells. "I just seen a man!"

My dad chalks it up to my brother's imagination and things go smoothly for a little while. A few months go by, and my mom and dad hang out and watch a movie on the couch. My dad dozes off and my mom starts feeling the same uneasiness she had felt in the bedroom. She turns around and sees the shadow man again, watching them. My mom shakes my dad awake, but the man has vanished. My dad sort of laughed it off and told my mom she must have fallen asleep, but my mother knew she was wide awake when it happened.
She headed back to her parent's house. She said when she saw her mom standing on the porch, she knew something bad had happened. My grandma told her to go in and call my dad immediately, that he had called and sounded really panicked. Of course this freaked my mom out, because there is no way in hell he would call and wake her parents up if it weren't serious so she runs in and calls him.
He tells her he had fallen back asleep on the couch waiting for her to get in and call him, but had woken up because the couch was shaking violently. At one point he felt it literally lift off the ground like someone had picked it up. He was so scared he was nearly in tears and my mom rushed back to the house and they stayed up the whole night.
They got married and moved out soon after that incident, and tried to rent the house out... they could never keep renters in there, of course. The house is still there and I drive by it from time to time.
>>
>>17367150
wish I were roleplaying. I'm gonna see if I can find the house on google maps.
>>
>>17367149
only seen himt once, scared the shit outta me, i was half asleep tho
>>
Bump, id love to hear more stories. Dont have any of my own
>>
>>17367149
Yeah, i met the hat man when i was 4.
He recruited me to fight wars against deamons and shit on the dream plane. (More common than you think.)
They use humans recruited as children, while their minds are still maleable, to fight on behalf of the beings that live in the dream realm.
Because over there we are effectively immortal.
>>
To those who has seen the hat man.
Did you have an alcoholic father or mother?
Do you self have any alcoholic problems?
>>
They are known as "Those Who Watch", they just watch, they're not in side of "God" or Satan, they are only in the middle watching. Recently I saw one at street
>>
>>17368030
When my mum was a child one hat man always appeared in the bedroom in a white horse, she and her brother saw him. The hatman did move objects. Then they moved to another city it stopped.
>>
File: 1453544799997.gif (750 KB, 324x454) Image search: [Google]
1453544799997.gif
750 KB, 324x454
>>17368468
sometimes they not only watch,
seems we're not alone with "free will"
>>
I've heard that you need to ignore them. They're like a barrier to astral projection. They'll annoy you, but you can avoid them and then it's

>I CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLD

>SHINING SHIMMERING SPLENDOR
>>
>>17370520
Yeah but their voices are always neutral at first. No accent. No real emphasis on any syllable or word or phrase. Everything they say is a flat even statement.
>>
>>17370520
But if theyvare pissed at you watch the fuck out. Because their voices will suddenly sound like the most terrifying thing ever. Happy and gleeful tone, but their voice... holy shit. At that point it can only be described as the sound of blood flowing over grinding bones as a baby screams while a crow caws.
>>
The beginning of your story sounds remarkably like sleep paralysis, which the Hat Man is commonly associated with.

The Hat Man and shadow people in general are interesting in that, if they truly are experienced by people around the world, they could represent an unresearched aspect of subconscious psychology.
>>
>>17367195
>"Daddy! My eyes are playing tricks on me!" my brother yells. "I just seen a man!"
do you live in huckleberry finn?
>>
Last night at the wall of my bedroom. Forming and moving shadow creature. One head one arm. I had no fear and felt quite comfortable around it.
>>
>>17370959
Just remembered I made this thread.
Not huckleberry finn, just really small town in middle tennessee. I didn't know that "wallering" wasn't a real word until I was 19.

To answer another question on here.... my dad is a recovering alcoholic. His dad was also an alcoholic. My mom's brothers are alcoholics as well. I've also read "the hat man" shows up after divorce or negative changes in a family. My dad was going through a custody battle with his ex wife at the time of the incidents.
>>
>>17367149
Yeah I saw him in York, down Grape Lane, with a gang of friends who also all saw him. We were sober at the time, just doing some shopping, it was about 5pm in December, so it was dark out. He appeared as a tiny black diamond shape at first, hovering in mid air at the entrance to the alley leading off from the courtyard at the centre of Grape Lane, then he stretched out into a tall, very solid man. He was the same blackness as that in space, utterly devoid of light, the streetlamps illuminating us did not cast anything on him as if the black shadow stuff he was made of swallowed the light. He floated over to me, stood right in front of me, and I murmured something, I was sort of stunned and didn't know how to react, then he glided off to the side, one of my friends screamed, and he blended into a nearby wall until he vanished. Believe me or not, but I swear it's true. I also had a dream about him, but this time he was a man, who looked a bit like a Puritan and was smiling and with an auburn beard, he was standing at my window telling me he was coming for me. I didn't know about 'Hat Man' until I came across a similar thread to this a few months back, freaky stuff.
>>
>>17367149
>Has anyone ever seen the Hat Man?

yeah, he aint real jus a character from the game "LSD dream emulator"
>>
>>17371121
I think the character from the game is based on the creature.
>>
>>17367149

Stopped reading after "the coffee cup rolled".
>>
A hat upon my noggin,
Surely I wont rustle anybodies bobbin;
With a pipe in my moop,
Slowly sipping up my soup,
I sloop and toop,
Toop toopin across the wooden floop;
Flashing my polished oxfors',
Wondering what they're stoppin for;
I puff my pipe and zoop my soup,
Continue walking;
Toop toop toop.
Surely a hat atop my noggin,
Wont boggin people with its shaddin;
Nay I say,
If my hat sends humons hoppin,
With my cane I shall que their skulls poppin!
>>
>>17372642
Exactly this. Ever seen a coffee cup roll?
>you can't
>has handle that will stop it
>>
>>17370520
I have a question.
>be 13
>saw a hat man that didn't wear a hat
>basically just a shadow man
>had a vivid brown aura
This happened when I lucid dreamt/astral projected. I was floating above my bed. Knew I was "asleep". This guy scared me. Couldn't move. I also blame my sleep paralysis on him. Literally every night since I was 11. Then I moved and my life feels " cleaner". I don't have occurrences anymore nor do I try to do stuff like that anymore. Also,
>be 13
>trying to astral project one day
>body starts vibrating
>everything seems to black out after awhile
>hear an impish giggle
>fuck that
>I'm done
Haven't tried since... I'm 24 now. It's been about 11 yrs.
>>
>>17368081
Same anon as >>17372748
During that time, both of my parents were drinking everyday and in an abusive relationship. The reason I moved was actually bc I was sent to a foster home for two years.
>>
Idk if its the same or not but my good friend told me this while we were still in middleschool
He said he was sleeping and a shadowy figure that looked like a guy dressed in 1800s clothing wearing a top hat startrd choking him until he passed out.
>>
>>17372748
the truth is, it could be anything. could be nothing. but i've heard of "watchers" who seem to exist to torment people slipping into the astral, and that they're ultimately harmless. they can scare you, but they can't physically harm you. the trick is being able to ignore them. real meditative, passive, "this too shall pass" shit.

so i guess the trick is to really practice meditation to the point where it's very difficult to break that state.
>>
>>17372683
Stellar fucking poem bro
Underrated
>>
>>17368081
Yesish they are daily drinkers but nothing serious
I didn't at the time seeing as I only saw shadow people when I was young and I've only seen hat man once
Now I'm a full blown alcoholic
Why
>>
>>17371052
>>17373458 here
To add on to this my dad's side of the family is filled with alcoholics including my grandfather who died from drinking to much
And my parents got a divorce when I was 4 and I saw them from as long as I can remember till I prayed to god to get them to fuck off till I was a man which worked for the most part (I still have/had ptsd esc dreams) but they no longer fuck with me my doors electronics ect in the physical plain and when I have these dreams I've learned how to break out of them by doing mathematical calculations in my head to wake up or by flexing every muscle in my body in a jerking fashion
Also I'm 22 now and they haven't came back physically yet so here's hoping
>>
>>17370699
They kinda sounded and moved like the dahaka from warrior within to me, repeating sentences to trigger anxiety. That is, shadow people, not hat men.
>>
I've seen shadow people on multiple occasions, it was all at the same place. I would be at the kitchen table early in the night 8-9 and would see a dark silhouette pass it. I wasn't afraid in the supernatural sense, more of...why was a man passing the window multiple times out on the deck? sort of thing.
>>
>>17373927
Pass the kitchen window, not the table.
I guess I should've green texted it.
>>
>>17368081

>hat man
Have seen 3 at the same time. Triangular hats and overall more intiminating than what u can find on web.

>alcoholic father
Yes.

>alcoholic myself

Not at all
>>
>>17374583 again

>>17368081 How does it connect?
>>
I saw him once when I was five. I woke up in the middle of the night to see a hatman or as I called him the dancing cat, that's what I thought I heard him whispering over and over as he walked towards me, and what I can best describe as a dog on all fours walking slowly to me from my wall to my bed. Naturally I freak out when they are like 4 feet from me my mom comes opens the door and they both disappear
>>
I saw a "hat man" once it was at my old house, which my parents bought brand new, he wasnet wearing a top hat it was more like a trench coat and a fedora. Inb4 it was a pedo. It was a black figure with no destenctive facial features
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.