[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any positive aspects to North American paranormal lore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: na.jpg (7 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
na.jpg
7 KB, 216x233
Is there any positive aspects to North American paranormal lore? All I've ever heard growing up has been "bad", so to speak (being spirited away, killed, transformed into an undesirable form etc)

So /x/ any completely positive encounters I can have in North America? Bonus points for Atlantic Canada.
>>
>>17365818
You've never heard of a dream journey? Spirit animal guide? Vision quest? Hot boxing yourself in a sweat lodge? Desert drug meditation?
>>
>>17365818
You've heard of bigfoot no?
Hes friendly dude bro, 0 murders by bigfoot in the last 100 years, so i mean, chill
>>
>>17365830
I've lurked a while but only looked into occult threads. Sorry for newfagging, just where I grew up all I heard were horror stories.
>>
>>17365840
Sorry, I guess that was just kind of common knowledge sorts of stuff.

My spirit animal's an armadillo! I met it once, but was too stupid to follow it.
>>
>>17365850
>Sorry, I guess that was just kind of common knowledge sorts of stuff.
I guess "I just thought," that was kind of common knowledge sorts of stuff.
>>
>>17365850
how does this sort of thing work, do you just find an animal you relate to or?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge, in my province lore is mostly used to keep kids in after dark. Lots of wendego stories, haunted mines, and a few pretty interesting local stories.
>>
>>17365850
neat! i was adopted by a bunch of hawks when i was up in the forest by myself once
>>
>>17365860
generally, you don't find it. it finds you, and you have a profound connection with it, maybe you have an epiphany of sorts at the time. that was my experience with the hawks, anyway.
>>
>>17365874
huh, it's stuff like this I need to keep my eyes open for stuff like this. I've picked up hiking recently so hopefully it works out
>>
I live in the Mississippi river bluff area. There's a very strong spiritual feel to the bluffs, like something is watching you.

It doesn't feel malevolent though. I leave offerings to whatever it is, and it gives me a good vibe.
>>
>>17365818
>transformed into an undesirable form
How undesierable are we talking here?
>>
>>17365860
In my case I was just walking down a street once at about three in the morning, modestly inebriated, happily contemplating life, the universe and everything, when I felt this tug on my pant leg. I looked down and there was this grumpy looking armadillo looking up at me. It tugged on my pants leg a couple more times, then started to trundle off into a nearby wooded area, pausing twice to look back at me in irritation.

I let it go, went home, went to sleep, woke up the next day and said, "goddammit that was probably my spirit animal!"
>>
>>17365870
Sort of a just liked hanging around you or did they interact in other ways/
>>
>>17365890
thats just what armadillo wanted you to think. he really just wanted to smash in the woods. you could have got some bro
>>
>>17365890
There was always the basic ones like frogs and mice, but as I got older I hear more strange things.

One I recall learning about when I was in my preteens was something my grandfather called strips that would turn you inside out.
>>
>>17365892
forgot to add on, but nothing was ever really explained, I just know they were told the same stories as kids too
>>
>>17365892
they all swooped down from out of nowhere and started circling around me, must have been 6 or 7 of them. i thought i was going to die. logically i thought i must have invaded their territory and gotten near their nest, but i just kind of stood there for awhile and was filled with awe and some other indescribable emotions when i realized they weren't going to hurt me. i was tripping when this happened, so maybe it wasn't a genuine spirit guide, but something intense was going on there. they could have easily killed me. felt connected to raptors ever since.
>>
>>17365907
>>17365892
wrong post, I'm really off my game tonight guys, sorry
>>
>>17365913
did you ever think you would relate to hawks, or was it something you>>17365913
hadn't really thought about?
>>
>>17365907
>One I recall learning about when I was in my preteens was something my grandfather called strips that would turn you inside out.
Well, I mean, I don't want THAT!
>>
>>17365928
what really freaks me out is that small towns tend to have their own little stories, most of them stemming from something and that one has always made me uncomfortable.
>>
>>17365922
never had ever thought about it before.
>>
File: 1447559873770.jpg (50 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447559873770.jpg
50 KB, 640x640
femanon here

bigfoot has a huge cock, there's a reason he's called that you know

also hes the evolutionary link between man and ape. grey aliens had sex with bigfoot and brought us into existance

pic related, the space van in which the human race was conceived . why do you think we went to the moon you dipshits
>>
>>17365890
My dad does this all the time
>>
>>17365818

Completely positive? I don't know, haven't heard anything.

I do know of a neutral one in Newfoundland.

Once a year in a small "around the bay" out port community, a ghostly figure (a woman) can be seen standing on a cliff, watching the ocean. She eventually jumps off of the cliff and disappears.

Story goes that she was the wife of a sailor who jumped and killed herself when her husband's ship didn't return from sea. This happened like a hundred/hundred and fifty years ago and APPARENTLY she returns on that date every year to do it again.

There's also a mountain around here that has such a strong "magnetic pull" that you can park at the bottom in neutral and your car will be pulled to the top.
>>
>>17366808
You might want to communicate the nearest university geology department about the mountain, they may be interested.
As this could disrupt sensitive navigational equipment, the local government could be interested too, but for this the uni opinion would help.
>>
>>17366808
>There's also a mountain around here that has such a strong "magnetic pull" that you can park at the bottom in neutral and your car will be pulled to the top.
That's an optical illusion, you can do it with just about any hill. The famous one is in Moncton, not Newfoundland.
>>
>>17367685

>the famous one

I didn't say anything about famous, did I? There is one here as well and it isn't just a "hill", more along the lines of a small mountain.

Please explain to me how an optical illusion can pull you backwards and up an inclined road?
>>
File: gnomes01.jpg (177 KB, 1172x768) Image search: [Google]
gnomes01.jpg
177 KB, 1172x768
>>17365818
gnomes in north eastern mn. dense forest much earth energy
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.