[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey x how do i /discordianism/? i want to learn chaos magic and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: il_570xN.386266837_8js3.jpg (109 KB, 570x456) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.386266837_8js3.jpg
109 KB, 570x456
hey x how do i /discordianism/? i want to learn chaos magic and i feel like worshiping eris is the best way to do so
>>
>>17364216
Its simple. Be a discordian.
Also eat hotdogs on fridays without buns.
>>
>>17364242
mmm sounds good. can i use sliced bread as a bun?
>>
>>17364290
It's the thought that doesn't count that counts. So long as you don't know if it's acceptable or not, it is perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>17364328
that sounds like it's probably true. it also sounds like it's false. It also sounds like it's meaningless. it also sounds like it's true and false. it also sounds like it's true and meaning less. it also sounds like it's false and meaningless. it also sounds like it's true and false and meaningless.
>>
>>17364446
<3

My favorite nickname is "the paradox queen."
>>
the conclusion I take from this thread is that it's pretty hard to be a discordian, or even figure out how to
>>
>>17364538
See? I knew you'd get it.
>>
the main confusion i have with discordianism is regarding it's definition of chaos. principia discordia talks about how the world is divided into order and disorder, and that both are equally necessary. the part i don't understand is that it essentially says that chaos encompasses both order and disorder. i don't understand how that could be. aren't chaos and disorder pretty much synonymous? how could chaos be both orderly AND disorderly?
>>
>>17364608
if you look closely at order, the ordered part of it is only superficial or aesthetic, that's the root of the assertion that chaos encompasses order & disorder
>>17364538
is the most on-point expression of the mystery that i've read in a minute.
>>
>>17364608
Sounds like you've met someone that's read it, but never once looked at it yourself.
>>17364630
Sounds like you don't even know which book we're referring to.
>>
>>17364699
>Sounds like you've met someone that's read it
to be fair, i haven't finished it yet. But i'm about 3/4 of the way through and still confused by this. could you help to clarify instead of being an asshole?
>>
>>17364784
It's supposed to be confusing, up until you realize that reality isn't under any obligation to make sense or possess even a fraction of consistency. Logic is a human value, not a natural one.
>>
File: 1437886640939.jpg (223 KB, 610x518) Image search: [Google]
1437886640939.jpg
223 KB, 610x518
>>17364823
yeah i understand this part. It's just that the relationship between order, disorder, and chaos is essentially the framework of the entire religion. are you saying that even the fundamental principals that discordianism was founded on are supposed to be nonsensical? wouldn't that undermine the legitimacy of the entire religion?
>>
>>17364699
>like you don't even know which book we're referring to.
that's where you're wrong, I had no ides you were talking about a book.
>>
>>17364844
>wouldn't that undermine the legitimacy of the entire religion?
It would if the tradition were founded on consistency, which it isn't. Calling it "pure" nonsense would be a failure to understand that there's nothing to understand.
>>
>>17364216
How do I make an altar for Eris? I want to worship her. What should I put? Buy some mini marble Eris statue? Decorate it with things that symbolize chaos?
>>
Dude, forget about worship and read Discordian literature. The Book of Eris is a great read.

Eris has tought me that humor is essential in life.
>>
>>17364630
>the ordered part of it is only superficial or aesthetic
maybe a better way of saying it would be that the ordered part of it is only ordered because it appears to be ordered through human perception
>>
>>17365043
>The Book of Eris
cool! hadn't even heard of this. i'll check it out thanks. is it the mythological story of Eris?
>>
>>17365043
>humor is essential in life
Shit, I'm so far behind. Grats on getting that far.
>>
I saw "Hail Eris" written on a bathroom stall wall today.
>>
File: 1361263104278.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1361263104278.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>17364844
>Discordian
>legitimacy
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.