[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enlightenment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: freedom.jpg (831 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
831 KB, 2560x1600
You already are everything that you are; you don't need more you to become what you want to be. Your potential can sleep however long you need it to. How many paths to becoming you do you think you have open to you right now?
>>
>>17362790
>How many paths to becoming you do you think you have open to you right now?
Please, reread that sentence aloud 3 times to yourself.
>>
>>17362790
who are you? are you trying to swaggerjack the fairy queen?
>>
>>17362810
I was Islamic Buddhist up until Allah proved to be isomorphic to the negative space that takes credit for everyone's hard work. Then I was a causal shit posting mystic that favored Eastern mythology. At some point I explained to someone how even The Middle Way has lost its way and I've been counter to establishment of further ideologies since then. It doesn't matter who I am; what matters is what I've had to put up with in life. You either sympathize with other people's experiences or you don't.
>>
>>17362832
well okay but you're posting with the pic the fairy queen always puts in the OP
what's islamic buddhism anyway
>>
>>17362832
Sounds like you have a small dick.
>>
>>17362862
A terminated practice. If I wanted to make a thread about the wisdom of the Qur'an, or the value of the Buddhist notion of separation and enlightenment, I could make a thread about either at any time. The reason I don't is because I don't think either is very spiritually uplifting. I don't think the sickness the world suffers from is one that either religion alone can cure. I also don't believe in trying to synthesize the two into some bastardized chimera of false consensus. What people need most right now is an understanding that their identity matters more than the heavens ever could. Enlightenment gives us that, and it doesn't need a tradition to get us there. Each of us can realize our individuality on our own if left alone to figure it out. The problem is that people suck at leaving others alone, so we end up with societies, cultures, traditions, religion, etc.

It'd not hard to not be a dick. Most people aren't. It should be obvious from that that we don't need any new religions. Islamic Buddhism was my ill-met attempt to reconcile between people of different faiths. I didn't learn until much more recently that the idea of faith itself was the divisive factor.
>>
>>17362790
Just start creating simple exercises like this >>17353520 instead of copy/paste vague sentences no one understand.
>>
>>17362790
only one and countless.
>>
>>
>>17362927
That's called conditioning and it's the polar opposite of enlightenment. Awakening means getting over society's hypnosis, not adding on more retarded rituals that offer nothing more than further superstition.
>>
>>17364306
this guy gets it.
it's not as much as a focus on enlightenment as it is a focus on the enemies of natural life.
>>
>>17364424
>the enemies of natural life
Suffering exists in nature though. Enlightenment is meant to overcome the things nature didn't prepare us for. Thinking in terms of "enemies of life" and demons and the like is another form of magical thinking.
>>
>>17362801
This reminds me of this kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4
>>
>>17364449
Top fucking kek. I read that out loud and instantly thought of this kid
>>
>>17362934
<3
>>
Why is gullibility such a horrible trait?
>>
>>17364442
>Enlightenment is meant to overcome the things nature didn't prepare us for.
No, enlightenment is not meant to overcome anything. At least not if you can't further explain that. What didn't nature prepare us for? How can that be overcome?
>>
>>17366131
No, nevermind. I could be the most gullible person in the entire universe and it still wouldn't matter.

I challenge anyone to watch Gurren Lagann all the way through without accepting yourself by the end.
>>
>>17367184
>What didn't nature prepare us for?
Suffering and its subtler causes.
>How can that be overcome?
Acceptance of what is.
>>
Bump for enlightenment.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.