[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The butterfly effect Fact or fiction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
The butterfly effect

Fact or fiction?
>>
>>17362241

which definition / context are you citing? if you mean the one relating to chaos theory, then more or less fact. you can trace things back to minute details. everything happening now happened because of intricate little things that happened a long fucking ass time ago.
>>
>>17362241
How would we know, there is absolutely no possible way we can test it.
>>
The Pythagorean theorem, fact or fiction?
>>
>>17362244
How does one "trace it back"? You make life sound so linear.
>>
File: 1452195729062.png (727 KB, 1105x1012) Image search: [Google]
1452195729062.png
727 KB, 1105x1012
>>17362264

>you make life sound so linear
>almost as if there is some sort of timeline that all of society follows
>>
>>17362270
Seeing as time is a completely man made cocnept it really holds no value to add that as far as propping up your arguement
>>
>>17362280

sure, if ur pretentious.

but if you put aside any of that bullshit you can acknowledge that things at the very least appear to happen in a specific sequential order to the majority of the human race (re: anyone who is 'sane'). this morning the sun rose, and this evening the sun set. that is a linear sequence of events that 99.9% of the world will attest to as true.

so if you ARENT an anime watching conspiratard, you can acknowledge that events that happened today happened because of things that happened before.

this moment does not randomly exist without the help of the before and after.
>>
>>17362264
>you make life sound linear
>the butterfly effect is specifically for nonlinear systems
>>
How much actual research have you done on this, OP?
>>
>>17362289
>things APPEAR to happen in a set order

Ah..now we're getting somewhere. Things arent always what they appear to be though, baka gaijin[haha animu amirite ;^) ]It's an generally acceped reality in academia that humans find patterns in things to gain an understanding suitable for them, wether they are really real or not.

For example. The sun doesn't rise or set, ever. That is nonfactual. Yet that is how you observe it to be.
>>
>>17362314
Make a hypothesis. Since I asked the question, I must have researched it before, hence my interest.Correct? Therefore...in order for me to have thought of this concept, I'd had tonhave had been lead to this question. True? If this is also so, where do original ideas come from?
>>
I don't what butterfly effect is
>>
>>17362280
>time is a completely man made cocnept
false, you age, every living thing ages, and has aged ever since the beggining of life long before humans came to be (even non living things decay) that my dear anon is time, not the clock, not the numbers on hours that is just some stupid system we made in an attempt to measure it. So again, no, time is not a human made thing,
>>
>>17362372
>time is real

No it isn't. Things change when certain criteria are met, not when a giant metic clock in the sky counts down from ten to zero. Age in humans isn't a timer, its the amount of cells that have been spent from duplication up until degradation and then change into another form of energy. What you see as time is in actually the transfiguration of energy
>>
>>17362241

The butterfly effect is an unprovable thought experiment. You can experimentally control a single cause and effect, but when you're talking about millions of happenings, it's pointless
>>
>>17362320
>The sun doesn't rise or set, ever.
Semantics.
>>
>>17362473
I'm sure people said the same in there own way about the earth being flat as well
>>
>>17362372

well said, anon.
>>
>>17362241
the butterfly effect killed Uncle Ben
>>
>>17362280
more like time is not linear and it's flow depends on the person perceiving it.
>>
>>17362241
damn that picture is deep as hell.
>>
>>17362414
You're a fool. Time is a progression of events, a change in sequences.

Age is one way you see the progression of time. You cannot go back to when you were 1 year old because the event has already passed.
If time was not real you should be able to go from a present event to a future or past one with no regard for the progression.

Time is real. All of physics has proven this. If you choose to believe it isn't the burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>17362244
Thats not chaos theory, how come every time its brought up on /x/ its a wrong definition.

Chaos theory has nothing to do with the butterfly effect other than indirect claims that it could never be measured.

Chaos theory deals with long term measurements and predictions and the fact you cant accurately make long term projections past a certain point because minute errors in measurements will eventually become massive errors given enough time.

And as such no you cant prove the butterfly effect, the reason? Chaos theory.
>>
File: 1453010061907.jpg (105 KB, 1520x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453010061907.jpg
105 KB, 1520x1080
>>17365092
>you cannot go back to when you were 1 year old

Is it because of this mysterious "time progression" theory you have or simply because we don't know how to? The latter every time(no pun). With the advancement of many different sciences, it is eventual that we learn how to better control our reality. Wether or not you can re create events(and you can very easily...lmao @ that being some type of challange) doesn't prove or disprove wether time is real or is not, not that it is, because it isn't -- do you need a thermostat to prove wether or not heat rises?

The burden of proof isn't on me btw; you made the claim, not me.
>>
>>17362241
Its just alternate universes. You go back and change something and it just makes a different timeline.
>>
File: yo.gif (84 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
yo.gif
84 KB, 480x270
>>17365092
>>
>>17366145
Some people call this Quantum Jumping. Also some thing vaguely related to look into is the Mandela Effect.
>>
Fact
>>
>>17362241
>>17364970

Art reminds me of this
>>
>>17366649
Nice blog.
>>
>>17362320
the pattern is we revolve around the sun and the earth spins
>>
>>17366653

not a blog..
>>
Follow the bell .
>>
>>17366669
>we revolve around the sun and the earth spins

You mean we shoot through the galaxy with the sun while rotating? The truth is not even the most qualified brains here on earth know what "pattern" it is we are on course with. It's outside of our pov because we don't have the tech to observe something so expansive, yet..
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.