[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoopy Tennessee I am from the Middle Tennessee are and am looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 19
File: tennesseemap.gif (426 KB, 717x536) Image search: [Google]
tennesseemap.gif
426 KB, 717x536
Spoopy Tennessee
I am from the Middle Tennessee are and am looking to form a group to go exploring, ghost hunting, ect.
>>
>>17361130
Knoxville here, if you have any locations in mind I'd be willing to get something together
>>
Another knox anon, also interested!!
>>
And one more in knox for good measure. How old are you guys? 27 here
>>
I'm from Manchester, I'm up for this.
>>
File: Bill-Murray-ghostbusters.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Murray-ghostbusters.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
>>17361130
Bill is here...
>>
>>17363180
>>
>>17361130
I am from Memphis, Voodoo Village is pretty creepy though they built a fence around it so you can't get in anymore. Lots of articles about it. It's basically a crazy guys family/church with lots of homemade Masonic sculptures on the compound. There are pictures you can find of them chasing people with machetes off of the grounds, and rumors they would block your car in with a bus I'd you drove in.
>>
30, I've never found anything close, baker peters jazz club??
>>
Checking in from Memphis interested as well
>>
File: 20150215_183915-1.jpg (2 MB, 2023x2472) Image search: [Google]
20150215_183915-1.jpg
2 MB, 2023x2472
Memphis-ish area reporting in. Any anons been to trinity church? It's that old abandoned church just outside of mason.
>>
>>17365132
I live 15 mins away from there
>>
Chattanooga is pretty spoopy. just over the border in GA, there's the Chickamauga battlefield, which is pretty well known for being haunted.
>>
>>17365212
Ayyoo chatt town reporting for duty
>>
>>17365194
Ever been there it's kinda spooky
>>
>>17365212
I've gotten creeped out from being there, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly because it was dark. I did see what I thought could have been a UFO on two different occasions (one was with a friend that saw too), but they looked different from one another. Anything other than the Battlefield?
>>
I went to Tennessee once. One of the worst states I've ever been to

>roads are shit
>drivers are shit
>food is shit
>whole state is deserted
>fucking sex shops everywhere what the fuck
>jesus and sex shop billboards right next to each other
>people there are assholes
>Why is it so fucking humid
>like holy shit how can humans even live there it's so fucking humid
>highway set up is retarded
>backwards hicks and white trash everywhere
>every town is a slum
>state website hasn't been updated in ten years so you can't get directions from it

You all aren't as bad as New Jersey but you should be ashamed
>>
>>17365283
Did you come here 15 years ago or something? There are a lot of places like that here, but hardly the whole state. People here are also nice as fuck.
>>
>>17361130
I'm from Middle as well, what county?
>>
>>17365228
Chattanooga here. Well only for the night. Staying in town then continuing my journey to Boston
>>
>>17365228
I'm originally from Marion Co and moving back soon. I might be interested in these shenanigans. The battlefield is a cool place to visit in general too btw. I love it.
>>
865 Knox reporting in.

I-I'm 19, can I join the adventures?
>>
>>17365212
Lots of good shit here. Sheraton Reed Hotel for one and then all the civil war battlefields around there area. Lots of other stuff too.
>>
>>17365283
You have to get off the interstate and venture out. Go walk the fucking Appalachian Trail and then tell me Tennessee isn't awesome.
>>
Lincoln County in southern middle TN here. We have a haunted hospital allegedly, it happened to be the one I was born in when it was in business.
>>
931 Cookeville here but I often end up in Knoxville, Smyrna/Murfreesboro, and Nashville. I'm game for whatever.
>>
>>17370212
Ayy Cookeville/Algood here too.

Crazy George's Bridge is probably the best know haunted place here, but it's a meme. Booger Swamp is also supposed to be haunted too.
>>
>>17365212
I wouldn't have thought there'd be so many Chatt fags. You guys wanna meet up and discuss this at Hamilton place mall? Say, the food court bathroom, beside Baskin Robins? Handicap stall. I'll suck yo dicks.
>>
all these tnfags

865 reporting in
>>
tennessee thread and no mention of the bell witch. shame shame
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1024x575
>>17371549
yes! always wanted to go see the cave

any of you guys heard of the millennium manor? it's only open one day a year i think but this guy built it by himself in preparation for the apocalypse
>>
Yet another Knox reporting.

>>17371573
I cannot believe I've never heard of this. Neat.
>>
>>17371586
nice! i heard about it in 2011 from a total stranger. good to share the knowledge wealth.

when i first moved here from middle tn i went with some friends out to copper ridge where the cemetary/church used to stand. it was a bit frightening, i would recommend the adventure even though it's a bit of a drive

https://instantescape.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/is-copper-ridge-haunted-blessed-or-cursed/
>>
>>17365212
BTW, I just heard today Lula Lake is pretty dang haunted due to a murder which took place there.
https://books.google.com/books?id=8IxM8F912EsC&pg=PA138&lpg=PA138&dq=lula+lake+murders&source=&hl=en#v=onepage&q=lula%20lake%20murders&f=false
>>
>>17365283
Heyyy I like New Jersey
>>
>>17365283
>you passed through TN and got your dumbass lost

FTFY
>>
Stop wasting your time, fools. There is nothing supernatural in North America. You should all go to Asia to see stuff.
>>
>>17365283
i agree with all of this lived here 26 years .
>>
>>17361130
>>17365310

What is there that's haunted around here? I haven't lived in middle TN long and don't get out much. East TN where I was from originally had some okay stuff.

615/931 below Franklin
>>
>>17371718
There was an entire town here flooded for the dam too. And that whole area near the aquarium was built ontop of other buildings to get it to level. Underground Chattanooga is evidently pretty spooky.
>>
>>17361130
Im from waynesboro. The meth heads around thier do some pretty fucked up shit to snitches. I remember one guy was hung from a tree or some shit.
>>
>>17372471
Meth man, not even once.
Another Chattfag here.
>>
Did the Bell Witch cave tour years ago. Pretty cool. Friend with me claimed to have been touched while in the cave and then pushed down by the creek. I saw him fall pretty hard anyway. You can also see the cemetery where the whole Bell family is buried. House is long gone though.
>>
>>17365212
Chattanoogan reporting in slightly late
>>
>>17372694
Jesus. How many of us are here?

I noticed one of the fuckers from /k/ had a global ban over at Toys R Us the other day.
>>
From Dutchmans curve to The Hermitage is highly spooky
>>
>>17372804
Oh and theres aliens under Bellevue
>>
Pigeon Forge-Sevierville fag reporting in.
I work in the touristy area and I've seen some weird shit in the back parking lots after hours.
I also visit the reservation from time to time and have heard some spoopy stories about the woods and such.
I was wanting to explore that retired asylum in Knoxville (I can't remember the name) before they destroyed it a few months ago with some other anons, but they never got back to me.
>>
>>17372879
please tell! that sounds freaky

used to live across the street from lakeshore asylum if that's the one you mean. it's 100% public park now. one of my favorite haunts. i was sad when it was torn down, a lot of spoops called it home
>>
Murfreesboro here. There is supposed to be some church out near Shelbyville area that is supposed to be haunted as fuck... Could also just be a meth lab but ya never know.
My mister also told me that there's supposedly a satanic cult out in Woodbury and there's some building they supposedly used to meet at for spoopy stuff.
>>
>>17373038
I just said supposed and supposedly like ten times. I'm fucking tired and I'm on my phone. Forgive me.
>>
Tennessee has bigfoots you know.
>>
File: image.jpg (830 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
830 KB, 2560x1920
Hi, another Knoxville here.

And I gotta say.

Recently me a about 12 friends from my gaming guild got together and put the money together to explore Hales Bar Dam just outside of Chattanooga.
The guy who ran the ghost hunting scene there was super cool and pretty much just let us do whatever the fuck we wanted.

We got tons of cool evp's and everyone at some point had a fucked up experience.

Twords the end of the night we were taking turns going in alone, the under ground caves and sitting in the crossroads section of it for 10 minutes. I freaked out after 2 and had to run out because I was being chased.
Super great spot. Worth looking into.
Have a few pics if people are interested.
>>
>>17373471
Also ignore time stamp. Matts camera is retarded.
>>
Oak Ridge reporting
inb4 asking about Oak Ridge
this place is boring as fuck, nothing paranormal ever happens near or around Oak Ridge
>>
>>17370212
Cookeville here too. What's good?
>>
>>17370860
Wtf is booger swamp? Lived in cookeville my whole life.
>>
901 atoka checking in
>>
File: 1448714961114.gif (351 KB, 150x119) Image search: [Google]
1448714961114.gif
351 KB, 150x119
>>17365212
Outside of Chatt but close enough to count

Any of you ever been to the middle of nowhere towns in the Southeast areas of TN?
Strange things
>>
>>17373526
Also a 'Ridger.

To be fair, our spoopy is just a different kind. I for one find it pretty damn spoopy the city gets away with a radioactive swamp, three barrels of waste sequestered out in the middle of the woods surrounded by three fences (because fuck proper disposal when you can just throw up three 10' x 10' x 6' fences around it, amirite?), and god forbid someone mention that they forgot to flush the U of yellowcake before they started demolition...
>>
>>17374406
back in the olden days of whatever the archive was called, before 4chanarchive even, i think the last thread up on the /x/ page was about a girl who escaped from a sea org cult which had grown up in that area of Tennessee

wouldn't doubt it one bit, heard some weird stuff from a friend who grew up in the area. weird mix of crazy Christians and equally nutty pagans
>>
Check out Bobby Mackeys Music World in Wilder KY. Insanely fucked place
>>
File: IMG_20140922_150939.jpg (297 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140922_150939.jpg
297 KB, 2560x1440
>>17365212
samefagging to post a photo of an abandoned house my friends and I explored somewhere in Chatt.
>>
File: IMG_20140922_151221.jpg (305 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140922_151221.jpg
305 KB, 2560x1440
>>17374584
Another.
>>
>>17365283
Are you sure you weren't in Ohio?
>>
>>17371972
Yo 615 as well. The old prison is cool in Nashville if your into ue
>>
File: derpking.jpg (65 KB, 450x421) Image search: [Google]
derpking.jpg
65 KB, 450x421
I'm originally from the Knoxville area as well. Don't miss it. Anyway, just go out in the woods or down to some stinky TVA lake. That will be good enough.
>>
>>17363746
Also from Memphis, need to check out voodoo village some time
>>
>>17375066
NSFW
http://imgur.com/f0XzCIl
>>
datamining thread?
Datamining thread.
>>
>>17361130
another knox anon here, im 27.
>>
Come check out Dead Children's Cemetery here in Huntsville, AL. Worth the 2 hour drive too.
>>
>>17375599
Oh forgot to mention, the cemetary near broadway is supposed to be pretty haunted. I went there with my gf one night and a hobo came out and told us some stories of shit he's seen while camping there. It is the graveyard near bar marley and maker's donuts.

One was seeing a ghost just appear out of nowhere, sit on a bench for awhile, then disappear. Can't really remember the others.
>>
>>17371573
I lived down the road from it. You can ask the owner for a tour if you want, they are pretty nice. When we were younger, my family got a tour from the owner. The walls inside iirc are weirdly slanted like \ / and it had ugly green carpet.
I know they run a haunted house out of it for fund raising during halloween.
>>
>>17373471
Dump some more anon
>>
File: 1425738241921.jpg (42 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1425738241921.jpg
42 KB, 450x450
>>17374587
That window is interesting, just because of the lighting and the plants growing up into it. I like that kind of thing in abandoned building pictures. Some photographic thought or natural composition can bring a photo together. Something more than a crumbling structure, even though sometimes those can be great too.

Hospitals are great. Both the mental hospitals that have been abandoned and regular ones, both have a kind of melancholy to them. In mental hospitals it's more the history of the place, the mental illness, abuse of patients, and crumbling building that make a place spooky. Very /x/.
>>
File: 8feetdeep.jpg (102 KB, 1040x692) Image search: [Google]
8feetdeep.jpg
102 KB, 1040x692
>>17376092
"Melancholy feel to the place."

I can't imagine what it would be like to be a patient in a mental hospital, at any time. In both the United States, Britain, Australia, and the rest of the Anglo-sphere. Most of the history seems to lend itself more to the horrific side of humanity. That can make you feel sort of weird, which is why it works so well here. The problem is that it's not fiction. People suffered and died. It's a little harder to see them as just spooky ghosts then. Anyway, I love mental illness in the right dosages.
>>
How many /x/files are from damn chat town? Ohh well, lets add another to that figure.

With as many of us as there are, we should probably form some sort of paranormal society.
>>
>>17375605
I filmed a commercial for ch8 here..... Creepy. Kept scanning, felt like I was being watched the whole time.
>>
Can someone create a chat link or something anyone can access so we don't have give out info on this website.... Something more permanent ...
>>
File: kaleidoscope vision.gif (393 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
kaleidoscope vision.gif
393 KB, 500x381
>>17368010
Read House. I worked night audit there for ~2yrs, that shit ain't haunted
>>
>>17375139
Well memed, my friend.
>>
>>17375393
We are on the internet after all.
>>
>>17377765
Did you try smoking in the (haunted) room
>>
615 Shelbyville my niggers.... lets go
>>
Knox/Chatt here. Surprised on the amount of Tennesseans that check out 4chan let alone /x/, lol.
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 1423x1073) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 1423x1073
spoopy.
>>
Does all the creepy shit happen in Tennessee or something?
>>
I wish you faggots could all just get together and post spoopy pictures of your adventures in this thread. As someone who is not from Tennessee of Georgia I think that would be rather cool to see.
>>
>>17365283
Dude. Tennessee has the BEST roads of any state I've ever been to.
>>
Jackson here. It's pretty spooky on the east side.
>>
West Tennessee here, Paris vicinity.
>>
>>17384063
I think we're the only two West side people here.
>>
Bolivar is pretty interesting if you're willing to drive west OP. Huge mental health facility that still operates, but has tons of abandoned buildings old buildings, rumors of lobotomies and bodies buried on grounds.
>>
615 area here, about ten minutes from Page High School. Anything spooky around Franklin?
>>
File: image.jpg (916 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
916 KB, 2560x1920
>>17376076
Alright, I only have a few of what was sent to me by everyone.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 960x540
>>17385074
>>
File: image.jpg (749 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
749 KB, 2560x1920
>>17385074
3/?
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 960x540
>>17385095
4/?
>>
>>17365283
>>roads are shit
Ok
>>drivers are shit
Agreed
>>food is shit
It's actually animals
>>whole state is deserted
We should get some more people.
>>fucking sex shops everywhere what the fuck
Did you go to the Johnson city?
>>jesus and sex shop billboards right next to each other
Yeah billboard wars happen pretty frequently in the south
>>people there are assholes
Well you sound like a cunt so, it's probably all of them
>>Why is it so fucking humid
I contacted the governor we'll get right on that
>>like holy shit how can humans even live there it's so fucking humid

>>highway set up is retarded
Ok
>>backwards hicks and white trash everywhere
Yawn
>>every town is a slum
Ok
>>state website hasn't been updated in ten years so you can't get directions from it
Who goes to a state website?

>You all aren't as bad as New Jersey but you should be ashamed
No u
>>
>>17385226
tennessee is the city that inspired harmony korine to make his first film 'gummo', seeing as he grew up there.

I had relatives out there - shit is as close to hick fucktard central as you can get. Gummo was too kind on that shithole excuse for a city-his neighbors house looked just like some of the dilapidated ones in that movie, which btw was filmed in Tennessee, dogma style (little to no prop usage, or set up sets-found object style filming)

Stop defending your shitty city, move to somewhere less gross and inbred.
>>
>>17385285
Tennessee isn't a city retard. No one cares about the trivia in your post either. Take your shitty director and go back to /tv/.
>>
>>17385285
Tennessee isn't a city, and Gummo isn't Harmony Korine's first movie.
Get the fuck out of here, retard.
>>
Tennessee thread? Guess I'll share this. I grew up in Cumberland County, in the less wealthy part of Tansi. There was something in the woods there.

It might just be some kind of methhead enclave coming out of the trailer parks around there, but I've seen weird fuckers walking around behind the treeline driving around out here. One time I saw what looked like some naked thirteen foot tall, albino, bald motherfucker standing in the woods next to the golf course, out towards the Hiawatha apartments. The woods here used to be full of deer and birds and shit, but in the past seven or eight years, they've been dead silent. I saw maybe three, four deer crossing the road here last year, down from it being a near nightly occurrence when I was growing up, and ever being alone out there at night just sets something primal and deeply rooted in your monkey brain off and gets it screaming for you to get somewhere safe and well lit.
>>
File: The Treehouse.png (1 MB, 973x748) Image search: [Google]
The Treehouse.png
1 MB, 973x748
>>17385347
Speaking of Crossville, there's also THIS fucked up place, though not strictly speaking paranormal.

You might've heard of the Treehouse. If you haven't, don't worry, google will happily inform you. A preacher down here started building it after he said God gave him the plans in a dream. It's closed to the public officially, but I'm sure the guy and the hippie squatters he let live there and bathe in the creek down by it wouldn't mind you looking around if you asked.

No one's died in it to my knowledge, but the place is riddled with bees and the like, building hives that overtake less-explored rooms of the complex. There's also hidden gunner nests and and ways up to the upper levels to fend off the militant government takeover that the builder was secretly sure was coming. I've actually gotten lost inside and had to call for help more than once, which I wasn't proud of. The whole fucking place looks fresh out of a horror movie on the inside, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find some fucking silent hill shit around a corner if I went in there at night, but you couldn't pay me enough to even hang around the outside of this shit at night, especially now that it's closed. You don't get the comforting sound of children on the ground level below or in the belltower above, it's just you and this great groaning thing you're trapped in.
>>
I think checking out the underground city in chatt would be pretty interesting, good chill place and easily accessible. Also dude that was bitching about tn has obviously never driven in Georgia, Alabama, and Kentucky. I just got back from Lexington and jesus what a shit hole. I75 goes from 3 to 2 lanes... Then back to 3 lanes, o wait lets go back to two lanes. Half the time the median has more pull off room than the shoulder. We saw road work on i75 that had 1 guy waving a flag to warn people, instead of a police escort. Tn isn't bad at all. Haslam has done good things. Wish he were running for president.
>>
>>17385313
Gummo is really a great movie as far as /x/ goes. It really does unnerving quite well, without going into stereotypes and being a jump scare fest. Just looking at some of the places in the movie can make you wonder how much of the United States is like that. As in, really bad and on the verge of third world status.

>go back to /tv/
That is one huge board full of cancer, trust me.
>>
I found a lot of weird shit in Bradyville

Are there any anons in the Coffee/Rutherford/Franklin etc etc area that would like to go explore weird shit?
>>
>>17374406
Polk county? Copperhill is pretty creepy. Southeast TN is pretty weird in general though.
>>
>>17374455
The church of God is from here, so there's a lot of really strange conservatives.
>>
I am in the Middle Tennessee area and would like to know about cool abandoned places around here
>>
>>17386588
How close is Bradyville to Murfreesboro? I just moved here from Shelbyville with the husband and I am not sure where everything is.

Speaking of Shelbyville... Wolf Meadows. There used to be some sort of asylum out there. The story I heard is that they would chain the patients outside to trees and they would "howl at the moon"... I guess that's why it's called wolf meadows. There also used to be a huge abandoned mansion, but it burned down. There was also a man who went missing and they found his skull there in 2012, but no body. This was around the time several people in Shelbyville went missing. He's the only one of them that was found that I know of... not saying they're related. It's just odd when you have a tiny town and several people go missing at once.

There is also the blue light in Chapel Hill and the "bigfoot" out there. And the abandoned church on New Hope road where you'll supposedly. die if you take the bible off the pew
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.