[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so anybody heard about Wim Hof ? Wim Hof first caught the a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 12
File: w.jpg (196 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
196 KB, 1500x1000
so anybody heard about Wim Hof ?

Wim Hof first caught the attention of scientists when he proved he was able to use meditation to stay submerged in ice for 1 hour and 53 minutes without his core body temperature changing. Since then, he’s climbed Mount Everest in his shorts, resisted altitude sickness, completed a marathon in the Namib Desert with no water and proven under a laboratory setting that he’s able to influence his autonomic nervous system and immune system at will.

great documentary about him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw

and i mean its nothing new he teaches, but he got acceptence from science, and more experiments await. :D

also im smoker who cand hold breath for long, max 50 sec, and after i tried his method of breathing i was holdin 2 min 30 sec, you can try it here, just go along :
https://youtu.be/A9zS94x2nd8?t=181
>>
>>17360553
Yes, I am also a smoker and can still hold my breath for long periods of time. And I've slept butt naked in a ditch covered with snow with no adverse effects. I have a video, but I am not uploading it to jewtube or anything else.
We've known that shit for ages.
>>
File: 1451147059229.jpg (68 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1451147059229.jpg
68 KB, 1280x1280
>>17360553
what is he? finnish?
>>
>>17360553
Look your shit up first anon, one hell of a difference between climbing Kilimanjaro and Everest. About 3,000m of difference. He never made it to the top of Everest.
>>
>>17360582
moar
>>
>>17360593
/aco/ holds regular Frozen threads
>>
>>17360590
neither he claims he summit the top of Everest, sure difference is huge but it takes 5 days to reach kilimanjaro top or you would get AMS and he and hes group did it in 2, also in this group there was 77 year young man
but whatever guess you know better then the scientist that are looking into it, in lab conditions and shit :D
>>
File: leonardo-dicaprio-the-revenant.jpg (146 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
leonardo-dicaprio-the-revenant.jpg
146 KB, 900x600
>>17360601
>>17360593
i love to master to the frozen girls

can't a guy just have one redhead greeneyed cutie and one blonde hair blue eyed cutie that are nymphs and sleep in his bed on his honest techno-farm?
>>
>>17360610
>he's climbed mount everest in his shorts

Heavily implies he got to the peak, which he didn't. He was a good 2,000m off, which is significant as the difficult part of Everest is the last stretch before the peak.

I'm not denying what any scientist has said about the man, I'm saying that you need to look up your facts before making a misleading post.
>>
>>17360612
Dafuq did I just read?
Dude, you're better off on aco, or b, than here for that kind of stuff
>>
>>17360553
I tried that breathing method one time when i was super baked and a had a really trippy perspective from it. It was like zooming out from your mind and looking at what's going on combined with a rush coming up your spine.
I don't see much practical use from it though
>>
File: Anna & Elsa 2.gif (834 KB, 274x206) Image search: [Google]
Anna & Elsa 2.gif
834 KB, 274x206
>>17360612
fuck man i followed this loosely and reached 1:45 on first try. last 10 sec was torture doe.
usually i last for 45 sec without previous practice.
>>
>>17360620
Well, I can think of two. Skunk attack and exposure to tear gas, and I've experienced both
>>
>>17360617
its from vice description , and the height shouldnt be the main focus, i mean its amazing to see someone sitting for 1 hour still on -20 -30 in shorts :D
>>
>>17360620
you could control your auto immune system no biggie :D
>>
>>17360633
Of course it's amazing, and it's incredible that he managed to peak Kilimanjaro, but the height is very important as the death zone doesn't begin until 8,000m, and that's where the vast majority of extreme altitude climbers give up or die, hence the name. The real difference between peaking Kilimanjaro and Everest using this technique is whether you can stomach the death zone or not.

But if it's from the VICE description, it's on them, not you.
>>
>>17360619
well and this is kinda /sci/.
nothing supernatural or scary about it.
>>
>>17360645
one could argue he uses chi or whatever you call that invisible energy and chakras and stuff and for the first time there is scientific record of that, or maybe its somewhat connected to placebo which is also accepted by science but they dont know shit about how it works
>>
>>17360645
Yeah, yoga and the kundalini are /sci/, sure
>>
>>17360650
>>17360653
even this snownigger tries to make it look scientific.
2nd try 2:11.
it's weird i felt the urge to laugh from 30 sec.
>>
>>17360582
He's Danish.
Denmarks greatest treasure.
Some say he was raised by wolves on the tundra.
All we know is he's a super chill guy.
>>
>>17360968
He is Dutch.
>>
>>17360553
During a documentary of human potential he kept gloating about his 'ability'. He almost lost his toes and one hole foot to hypothermia.
>>
>>17361001
No he's not. NBC did a show about him in kopenhagen.
>>
>>17361039
He doesn't promise invulnerability, but he does promise the ability to do things you certainly would otherwise not be able to do.

Pointing out exaggeration does in no way shape or form invalidate everything he has done.
>>
>>17360553
The ignorance in the first part of the clip of the second video burns!

>the pineal gland produces adrenalin
No. The ADRENAL glands produce it. Hence the name. ADRENALine.
>breathing deeply like that does all this hocus pocus
Bullshit. This lowers the carbon dioxide levels of the blood. The urge to breathe is triggered by high CO2 levels, so by drastically lowering them, it takes a long time before they rise enough to cause the urge to breathe again. It's as simple as that.

Note that a lack of an urge to breathe does not mean that you have enough oxygen in your blood. In short, if you manage to cram down the "breathe" signal long enough, you can end up passing out. That's a problem if you try to use this or similar techniques for diving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallow_water_blackout
>>
>>17360553

He is going into deep meditation, in that state the tummo heat arises, it's like an inner fire.
The catch is, once he gets off from the meditation, he's going going to feel really cold for a while.
>>
>>17361250
Whats your point
>>
>>17360610
>>17360633
>>17360640

The smilies make me think this is just a bait/shitposting thread, but I don't know why.
>>
>>17361856
The pseudoscience in this clip is bullshit?
>>
Nothing this guy is saying is new or revolutionary, just no longer practiced by todays world of vice and vanity.
But yes, people who meditate their whole lives already know of this.
Your body needs Oxygen and clean Water more than anything else and we surprisingly have not only polluted our air and water but we are on average breathing in less air and drinking less water.
It's sad that all these amazing discoveries are actually just us remembering how to NOT fuck up our bodies.
>>
>>17363721
You forgot sunlight and having actual darkness during night. Imo, light polution is even worse than regular ground/water/air polution for our bodies.
>>
>>17360553
Really great guy. I have been doing his "training" for a while now, both breathing exercises and the cold conditioning.

First of all - there is nothing paranormal about it. you just hyperventilate in a controlled way to lower the level of carbon dioxide in blood, and to increase oxygen intake needed for increased heat production.

The cold conditioning helps you train your veins to contract faster, reducing the heat loss. You also develop more brown fat tissue (which converts fat to pure heat instead of sugar and heat like normal fat tissue)

Results of my training:
- Increased the time I can hold my breath from 1:30 to 3:40
- I can take cold showers without giving a single fuck
- walk around in ordinary shirt and shorts in near 0 Celsius temperatures without feeling any discomfort (it's chilly but still not uncomfortable. when temperature drops below freezing I start to struggle)
- My haemoglobin level increased significantly (I know because I donate blood on regular basis)

so yeah, great training, I would recommend this to anyone
>>
>>17363769
great to hear, just found torrent of his 10 week course and will give it a go
>>
>>17363856
care to share this torrent? I basically collected scraps of informations and put them together to get a full picture of his training, I did not see the original thing
>>
superhuman here. my external body temperature stays the same no matter what temperature I'm in, internal temperature falls just slightly, but even in 10F my skin is hot to the touch and I radiate heat. I live in a hot climate and it kills me, when I get to experience low temperatures I am at home. Even straight guys friends will huddle against me for warmth when camping, I'm always sweating even in 65F temps, my gf loves that I'm always hot, but I make the bed too hot for her a lot of the times and she has to get out, I sleep without covers because of the heat I radiate gets almost too hot under even the thinnest sheet.
>>
>>17363856
Yeah, anon, I would be grateful for the link as well.
>>
>>17363883
just type wim hof method in pb, its been uploaded only 5 days ago
>>
>>17363891
well that would explain a lot, I was searching for it a couple moths ago and couldn't find shit. thanks.
>>
>>17360553
I've been smoking regularly in the last year while doing physical fitness training and I can hold my breath close to four minutes. I can run four miles with an above average time. I can swim in freezing cold water. I have been up several major mountains in the US and Canada.

I wouldn't say it is meditation as much as a stern focus and existing inner peace. Meditation just taps into your intelligence and emotions and your calmness. In martial arts I was taught slow and precise breathing could be chained into faster breathing which would allow you to calm your nerves and direct your strength and "core" energy.

I also probably have some nervous system damage from toxic chemicals and radiation from my old job, but what the heck.
>>
>>17361250
>This lowers the carbon dioxide levels of the blood
He mentions that tho.
>>
>>17360593
http://baku-babe.tumblr.com/post/114394855805/rocket2saturn-so-me-and-my-girlfriend-kwermafox
>>
>>17360582
>those adam apples and jawlines

holy fuck. are those shemales?
>>
>>17361250

Thank you for posting this. It's important to realize that the techniques this guy shares does not make you a super human or invulnerable to hazardous conditions, just increases your perceived tolerance.

A very important distinction to recognize if you're doing anything even slightly dangerous, which could quickly turn life threatening, like holding your breath in a swimming pool.

As long as people can acknowledge this, I think his techniques are pretty awesome, and wouldn't mind tracking down that pdf that has been mentioned.
>>
>>17360553
did this guy read the science of breath or something?

lel
>>
>>17361046
Wim Hof is Dutch you dumb nigger. Use google before you say some retarded shit.
>>
I'm a few days last but:

Don't fucking do this. I watched the documentary and read the science shit. I sat down and did the breathing for 5 minutes. Heat. Lots of fucking heat. I've spent the last few days with a temp of 103. Sweating profusely. Out of breath. Not necessarily weak, but dizzy. Sometimes my ears and head would throb and my vision would blur. High ass blood pressure too.

I'm a fucking athlete. A casual lurker at best and most of this is just RP and amusing shit when I read it. I'm healthy as fuck, not stressed, get plenty of sleep... sometimes I get sick but it's tolerable. This is something else. Like a burning fire that takes over my mind. I don't know. I dont know what to feel. Everything I hold dear to myself. My passions, my needs, wants, family. All of it is consumed by the fire. I want to tear my teeth out and weep like some grandmother
>>
File: 2016-02-17 15.18.14.jpg (433 KB, 1069x1415) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-17 15.18.14.jpg
433 KB, 1069x1415
>>17361046
He is.
>>
>>17363891
Thanks man
>>
>>17366806
His site isn't called innerfire.com without reason huh
>>
>>17366806
This is why even the white devils who can won't translate dzogchen sutras. Tummo, tantra and the like are fucking powerful shit. It almost sounds like you have kundalini syndrome, but you don't. Do cooling breaths and stare into that fire. It too is void, you may see. A good fap doesn't hurt either, its like the antidote to yoga.
>>
>>17366806
awesome dude, did you do mindfulness meditation at least 20 min after each breathing exercise ,or maybe overdid it? you shouldn't be dragging air like crazy sounds like kundalini to me also :D
>>
>>17361979
:D
>>
>>17367365
Not awesome. Temperature is 104 now. I can't sleep. My dreams are erratic. Lots of dread. I can eat just fine and drink water, but it's like I don't even want to. I have a girl sending me nudes and begging me to bone her, but the desire just isn't there. I don't want to do shit besides close my eyes and wander off into another feed back loop of dread, anger, regret. The fever medication didn't work. But I don't feel any pain or discomfort outright.. but it's there. Like my entire existence is a discomfort.

This is fuckin wild. I'm not depressed or hiding anything. I'm a normal person. I don't do drugs or drink at all. I used to doubt all this Chakra shit and found meditation was more torture than anything. I don't mind posting a picture of my thermometer or a video or me looking perfectly normal eating shit. I don't mind posting proof, either. Just fucking help me.
>>
>>17367471
Should add I did hofs technique again then checked my temp. Just to make sure, yknow? My sister is a pharmacist so I don't know if seeing a doctor would help. Sorry if I'm stumbling over my words or sounding crazy, it's hard to concentrate without wanting to throw my phone across the room.
>>
>>17367471
well shiaat, i would suggest you contact wim hof directly
http://www.icemanwimhof.com/en-contact
>>
>>17360621
I CAME
>>
>>17367471
To go over, you must go under.

A mental blockage was removed and your mind must process. That anger, dread, and regret was bottled up and hidden away, now it's floating to the surface and being worked through. Don't fight it, lie down and let your mind work.

Have you experienced any time dilation (time seeming to pass slowly) or talking rapidly?

>TFW you learn to overclock your brain on command to such an extent that it rapidly increases your metabolism to keep up.
>>
>>17367505
I'll try

>>17367543
Time is slow as fuck. A day feels like a month. I stopped sweating and I've drank a ton of water, but I realized I haven't used the bathroom since I started.
>>
Ok, I will give this a go. Have my back broken and my nervous system is on fire all the time. Plus I have a huge cold at the moment, and need to get rid of it.
>>
>>17366861
anyone got a link?
still can't find shit :^/
>>
>>17367775
oh you ..
tinyurl com/gvejs63
>>
>>17360553
Dutch master race
>>
>>17363887
What do you eat? Anyone else in your family with these qualities? Doctors opinions?
>>
>>17366806
I think you're sick, dumbass
>>
>>17367837
fever make you shiver :D
>>
File: 1455120554967.jpg (11 KB, 297x275) Image search: [Google]
1455120554967.jpg
11 KB, 297x275
>>17367849
>>
File: What the fuck man.jpg (41 KB, 491x600) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck man.jpg
41 KB, 491x600
>>17360553
I did the breathing technique and my whole body started to feel like it was vibrating. Am I going to die?
>>
File: 080.jpg (13 KB, 320x218) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
13 KB, 320x218
>>17367860
>>
>>17367877
we all will
>>
>>17367886
I mean today. Did I fall for one of those "make your own crystals" mustard gas kind of deals?
>>
>>17367891
wow really ? xd
google it, there is testimonies on youtube and reddit
>>
>>17360553
what does he say at 4.35-ish, I do this with what and it feels wonderful
>>
>>17367903
if i remember correctly, name of some pro athlete he works with, its on full version of podcast
>>
>>17367913
k thanks. does he go more into stuff in the full version, worth looking for?
>>
>>17360553
>Since then, he’s climbed Mount Everest in his shorts
Nigga got the will of God, lol.
>>
>>17367917
well yeah if you dont know nothing about him, he was first time on joes podcast, so introduction from start and all
>>
>>17366806
>>17367471
All this from basic hyperventilation?
Either you are bullshitting everyone, or seriously sick.
Get to the doctor pronto before going on here and believing some voodoo tier explanation.
>>
>>17367935
thanks
>>
File: nixon-head.jpg (29 KB, 550x352) Image search: [Google]
nixon-head.jpg
29 KB, 550x352
>>17364389
do you know what an adam's apple is?
>>
>>17367800
Danish master race. Dont steal our thunder again.
>>
>>17368310
He's Dutch
>>
>>17368317
No he's not. CNN had an interview with him in his hometown of Aalborg in Denmark.
>>
>>17360553
Damn I love this man.
Just did some meditation and good breathinfg and let me tell You.
Daaaaamn this felt good, it just, feels so good to breathe, I have never seen it as such a huge pleasure.
I truly feel as if in awe.
Now I held my breathe and it felt like going through another dimension or realm, consciousness or what now.
The shift was amazing.
Besides I held breathe for whole two and a half minute which is damn amazing to me.

From today on I'm gettin into meditation and breathe control for good. Cause damn, it's one damn bliss on earth and beyond.
>>
>>17368418
yuus glad to hear that ^^
>>
Is he the Lisan Al Gaib prophecies talked about?
>>
>>17368369
>>17366823
?
>>
>>17363887
Gtfo roleplay faggot, stop watching twilight and lying on the Internet and get a life
>>
>>17360553
He uses demons.
>>
File: Question.jpg (126 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
Question.jpg
126 KB, 600x375
So does anyone else feel like their body vibrates when doing the breathing exercises, like I said here? >>17367877

I've done it a couple times now and it's always the same result. I can't tell if I'm slowly killing myself or if that's how I'm supposed to feel.
>>
>>17370724
Ask Wim
>>
>>17369634
seems legit.
i want proof!
>>
>>17370747
*him
>>
>>17370724
well if people who can hold breath for 20 mins don't get any brain damage i think its ok , only you gota get the technique right.
also yup i feel the same, i do 2-3 series of 30 breaths and dont hold longer then 1 min , wim himself said he cant hold long and its not really necessary after 1 min
>>
>>17371352
I don't feel the vibrations from holding my breath, though. I feel it whether I'm breathing normally, holding my breath, or still taking deep breaths after doing the technique.
>>
>>17371369
yeah i mean the aftermath, when i do mindfulness meditation :D
this is one kick ass how to
http://life.gaiam.com/article/calming-mind-meditation-exercise
>>
Just did the first week 1 exercises. Feels incredible man. Started hearing this weird high-pitched sound, like white noise, after I finished it too. Insane how changing your breathing around for 10 minutes can cause such a difference
>>
>>17369506
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof
He's Dutch. He was born in the Dutch city of Sittard and the scientific research of him is taking place in a university in the Netherlands.
He might have moved to Denmark later in his life, I don't know.

Fucking Danes.
>>
>>17371494
Someone clearly edited it. Everybody know the iceman is from Denmark. Do you even have ice in Holland? Its to warm for these kinds of feats. there. You dutch really need to steal attention huh?

Anyaway after I saw the interview on ABC with this guy in his hometown of Aarhus in Denmark, I was really impressed.
>>
>>17371716
danskjävel
>>
>>17371716
Pfffhahahahaha
Jesus Christ how pathetic can someone be?
>>
>>17361313
Much like taking a flask of whiskey with you on a cold hunting trip. taking a plug causes a sense(false) of greater warmth. It causes skin pores to open, releasing more core heat. You feel warmer and die faster.
>>
>>17360553
Wim Hof? More like Wim Colf !
>>
Perhaps he just masturbates so his body temperature increases.
Mistery solved.
>>
>>17360553
Interesting
>>
>>17364367
I lost my boner when I found out they were both female.
>>
>>17367471
any updates? did you contact wim ?
>>
>>17375807
He died of an aneurysm and his hypothalamus exploded.
Literally cooked himself to death. So sad.
>>
>>17375807
wim never responded, temperature is at 101 now. it's not so bad anymore but it's still torture. I saw my family doctor and they did some blood tests to check my wbc/lymph shit

it's the middle of winter at 20 degrees fahrenheit. I turned the heat off and I'm still fucking hot as fuck. I can't sleep with blankets and if I wear a shirt, i'll sweat right through it and eventually take it off. I wake up a few times a night thinking how hot my body is and drink 30-40oz of ice cold water, but nothing seems to quench the flame. my lungs feel.. dry. I cough a lot. The hoarse, painful kind.

I went swimming the other day and got even hotter, like I'd just insulted it. I'll post the blood results tomorrow to rule out it being an infection / fever / sickness.
>>
Just half-assedly tried the breathing method while browsing some sites. Didn't count breaths or anything, rough guess would be somewhere around 20-30.

Somethings I noticed while doing this was a good amount of pain/pressure on specific ribs, 2 around the bottom of my left side and 1 on my right, around the middle. Where the top part of my shoulders meet my general bottom neck area hurt. More and more each time I breathed in fully. I was also beginning to sweat all over, especially in my feet.

When I was done I waited a minute, got up, had a slight headache for a minute, then was totally pain free. I actually felt good. I should have mentioned that I was having some back pain before doing all of this, and that was absent, however that could've been from just getting up, even though I was only sitting for 5 minutes.

I'll try some more and see if anything different happens.
>>
>>17376165
its not easy being one of dragon lineage
>>
File: danishPride1.jpg (109 KB, 360x320) Image search: [Google]
danishPride1.jpg
109 KB, 360x320
So proud of our guy!
>>
>>17375774
I gained a second one when I found that out.
>>
>>17372062
I'm danish and on behalf of all other danes I apologise for this idiot.
>>17371494
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.