[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 32
File: bigfoot.jpg (73 KB, 727x546) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot.jpg
73 KB, 727x546
Thoughts?
>>
If Bigfoot is real, does that really change anything?
>>
>>17359125

Yes? It would be a slap in the face to anyone who has claimed otherwise and remind us that we still have much to learn.
>>
>>17359116
Staged
>>
The picture you provided is a fake - just like most of the claims concerning bigfoot.
>>
>>17359116
7/10 would bang
>>
>>17359116
Why don't Banner's pants rip when he goes hulk?
>>
>>17359132
But he's eluded 10's of thousands of hunters for decades now. If he exists, then he has virtually no ecological impact.

Do you really want to be right just for the sake of it?
>>
>>17359293

they aren't "real" they're a projection of the mind
>>
>>17359172

there's millions of fake photos of strange beast occurrences.

Why is this one so popular if it's fake?
>>
File: mr-plow5.png (207 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
mr-plow5.png
207 KB, 512x384
>Hold it Bob, we can see your wristwatch!
>>
File: 1445733446051.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445733446051.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
>People who believe in ghosts, demons, vague magical forces, the soul, and weird sex magic think bigfoot is stupid
Ha
I don't believe in bigfoot but as someone who spends a lot of time in the wilderness and loves the natural world I like the idea of it. Makes things seem more mystical and shit
>>
As it stands there are no reasonable arguments for bigfoots existence
>>
>>17359307
Muh logic
>>
A fella called matthew johnson says a cloaked bigfoot was whispering in his ear. He also says bigfoots "mindspeak" to him while he is at home to guide him to a new research area.

This is what you are dealing with when looking into whether there is any legitmacy to the bigfoot phenomonen.

It is simply impossible to look into the topic and end up with a conclusion that is anything other than nope not a fucking chance bigfoot exists.
>>
Cryptozoology has so many fascinating creatures and you guys obsess over a fucking ape

What even is the charm on that thing?
>>
>>17360796
I think it was the fake breasts roger put on. Footers been obsessed ever since.
>>
>>17359172

Have you done any research?

The proportions are perfect for an ape of that size, the technology didn't exist in that time period to produce a prosthetic or suit that accurate or dynamic, etc.

The footage when sped up and played in real time shows layers of heavy fur and down on the creature consistent with great apes, it shows muscle movement and even bouncing mammeries, low on the chest, Typical in female apes.

The head to shoulder ratio makes it almost impossible for a costumed mans head to fit, and if you place it into context with its surroundings, as measured by those who have been to the site the "Costume" is over 10ft tall.

It just doesn't add up.

Open your mind, we're great apes. It's entirely possible that a species of great ape survived previous ice ages and is in small numbers / extremely isolated.

The billy ape, a chimp that's over 5ft tall lives in the congo, but was only discovered and confirmed by science a few years ago, before that people simply didn't believe it existed.

It's really not as far fetched as people make it out to be.
>>
My thoughts are that these threads get derailed too easily and too quickly, and that you only get replies when you spout knee-jerk shit from your mouth to start drama
>>
>>17360822
>Have you done any research?

haha. you're fucking clueless, mate.
>>
File: 1454147228395.jpg (99 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1454147228395.jpg
99 KB, 500x373
>>17360838
False. There have actually been some very interesting threads on this topic- search the archive.
The threads get derailed when roleplaying shut-ins start crying shill as soon as their pet theories about inter-dimensional-dolphin-sonar-homo-capensis bigfoot get laughed off the board.
It really would be great if any of you mopes actually did any research. If you did, you would know that the Patterson film is inconclusive. Nothing will ever be 'proven' citing that film alone or in combination with sighting reports that can't be confirmed and footprint casts that can easily be faked.
They only thing at this point that can prove this creature exists is capturing, killing, or finding definitive DNA evidence. So far, that has STILL not been done.
Until then, bigfoot remains a folkloric boogeyman. Nothing more.
>>
>>17360845

That's a very well constructed argument, you addressed all of my arguments quite well.
>>
>>17360869

I concur with this, while film, calls, etc, can't be conclusive proof they do help with speculation.

I do however fully support the killing of a bigfoot for proof.
>>
File: 1454723678475.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1454723678475.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>17360880
I concur. I also support the killing of you, anon. It's the only way to conclusively prove that you exist.
>>
>>17360902

I don't know, think capturing me would be a pretty easy way to prove I exist.

Hey, eyeball, fuck off.

I know I did that ritual on esotericamerican.com but that doesn't mean you can just show up and say shit like that.

Ge the fuck outa here kinji or whatever the fuck your nip ass name was, I told you I don't wanna know the secrets.
>>
>>17359116
Fake
>>
>>17360917
...and Gay
>>
>>17360869
I remember in the last Bigfoot thread, I said that even if Bigfoot was discovered with proof, it wouldn't be accepted with open arms as it would flip the whole theory of evolution on its head and it would destroy the current status quo, and the problem is that too many people want to maintain that status quo by trying to fit animals into boxes with all these overly restrictive criteria.
>>
File: 1453095186667.gif (3 MB, 1593x1124) Image search: [Google]
1453095186667.gif
3 MB, 1593x1124
>>17359116
>>
>>17359174
6/10 would shave
>>
File: 1453095101922.gif (4 MB, 1070x216) Image search: [Google]
1453095101922.gif
4 MB, 1070x216
>>
File: 1449618079994.jpg (163 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
1449618079994.jpg
163 KB, 768x960
>>17361309
>it wouldn't be accepted with open arms as it would flip the whole theory of evolution on its head and it would destroy the current status quo

That doesn't make any sense. Why would the discovery of a species of relic hominid "flip the whole theory of evolution on its head"?

On the contrary, such a discovery is fully anticipated by and works perfectly within evolutionary theory.

It was only a few years ago that an entirely new species, homo floresiensis, was found in Indonesia. Remains of these tiny people were found that are as recent as 9000 years old - that's a lot more amazing than bigfoot stories.
Also, relic species, denisovians, neaderthals, and others have been found in Europe. So, now we know that we were not alone at the top of the foodchain as recently as 9-10000 years ago.

It's logical and fascinating to consider that stories of "wildmen" would have passed from generation to generation down across the ages from the time of Gobeckli Tepi when our ancestors would have seen other species of humans with their own eyes and told the stories of their interactions with them around campfires.

Bigfoot is folklore.
>>
>>
File: download (39).png (167 KB, 330x405) Image search: [Google]
download (39).png
167 KB, 330x405
>>
File: download (2).png (457 KB, 667x419) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
457 KB, 667x419
>>
File: download.png (463 KB, 826x425) Image search: [Google]
download.png
463 KB, 826x425
>>
File: download (1).png (304 KB, 684x421) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
304 KB, 684x421
>>17361535
>>
File: rickyy.jpg (12 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
rickyy.jpg
12 KB, 256x192
>>17359116
It's a Samsquanch, no one ever walked like that in the history of people
>>
>>17360822
>It's entirely possible that a species of great ape survived previous ice ages
only part of what u said that i could believe. But come on man, people have killed every single animal. Sure we find new species of animals(primarily insects), but not just gigantic creatures man. You're trying to tell me there are just 10 foot creatures walking around that can easily hide? What other animal in nature is capable of such a feat?
>>
>>17359172
NEVER has the Patterson footage ever been properly reproduced. Nobody has ever been able to recreate the beast captured on film that day.
>>
>be me
>be a bigfoot
>be 6.6ft tall
>all the other big foots 9-11 ft tall
>always making fun of me
>"little foot" " "hows the weather down there" "Yoda" they say :(
> Ill show them one day
>Me go to college
>Me join basketball team
>Me get drafted in NBA
>Go back to home forest
>Buy land where mean big foots live and turn to shopping mall
>>
>>17361642
>What other animal in nature is capable of such a feat?
to play devil's advocate: if real, bigfoot would be one of the very few 4 legged mammals that are primarily bi-pedal, and would also be one of the largest land mammals known to man. so it wouldn't be fair to compare it to other animals when it's such an anomaly.
if it were real, it'd probably have very human like traits (similar to apes), except there would be very few of them. imagine a dozen apes (that would be supposedly smarter than normal apes, due to it's size) strung out over, for example, the forests of the pacific northwest where there's literally nothing but trees for hundreds of miles. it's not out of the realm of possibility we'd never see them
>>
>>17361721
again... what other species is capable of sustaining their population with only 12 roaming 750 million acres of forest, and thats just in the US. I'll tell you, no animal, no animal has a sustaining population of 12. And thats a fact sir. Also, nothing about the size of an ape makes it smarter. There are animals with much smaller brains then us capable of much greater feats. Plus implying bigfoot is smarter, because of his size, would then imply he's smarter then us, because he's so much bigger then us. dude lives in the forest, no shelter, no stable food source, drinking water out of the streams and rivers we're constantly polluting. Well, that just doesnt sound smart to me, and i know i'm stupid.
>>
>>17361761
>thats a fact sir.

That is a fact, however the 12 was hypothetical. Better untip that fedora.
>>
>>17361551
>mfw
>>
File: bigfoot-elf-salinger.jpg (67 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot-elf-salinger.jpg
67 KB, 640x360
>>17361493
>>
>>17361787
Well being the great primatologist that you are, and knowing so much about primates evolution and knowing so much about bigfoots, what is your real estimate of the bigfoot population, Just ball parkin? Aslo, why are there no bigfoot fossils? I mean we find all sorts of fossils leading up to modern humans, but none of them branched off to get massively taller. And as far as i can tell, creatures dont just double or triple their heights in just several generations.
>>
>>17361804
now i believe
>>
File: Bigfoot-The_Last_One-GTAV.png (1 MB, 940x703) Image search: [Google]
Bigfoot-The_Last_One-GTAV.png
1 MB, 940x703
>>17361821
>>
>>17361844
wow another piece of irrefutable evidence.
>>
File: patterson.jpg (33 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
patterson.jpg
33 KB, 500x374
>>17359116
the footage becomes less compelling when you realize that Patterson had previously sketch Sasquatch designs that were suspiciously close to his "find"

Right down to the hairy tits (which unique as far as primates go)
>>
File: bigfoot_feces_001-231x355.jpg (27 KB, 231x355) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot_feces_001-231x355.jpg
27 KB, 231x355
>>17361804
>>
>>17361851
>>
>>17360845
>hahaha i'll just laugh it of without providing any arguments xD u r clueless m8

not even a Bigfoot believer or something but you're fucking retarded
>>
>>17359116
It amuses me how the biggest myth is the myth of "I'll believe it if you give me a video of it". Here's the video, but of course it doesn't count because the average person knows exactly how a real bigfoot would walk.
>>
>>17361862
Whoa they're just walking right into town now! gg... wp... good bye human race
>>
>>17359171
>>17359172
Yawn... More "skeptics" who choose to ignore all the scientific evidence supporting this film. I suppose saying something has to be fake is easier than actually studying the anatomy of the subject. You're probably not intelligent enough to understand it anyway.
>>
>>17360796
Why would we study things that are obviously fake when there could be a legit phenomena in our own forests?
>>
>>17360822
It's actually between 7 and 8 feet tall, but who's counting... Furthermore, the size alone debunks claims made by people proclaiming to be the man in the suit.
>>
>>17362222
>'choose to ignore all the scientific evidence supporting this film'
>'the scientific evidence supporting this film'
>'scientific evidence'

Never change /x/, sometimes you guys actually make me feel good about myself.

(to be clear, I'm not saying that bigfoot doesn't exist, but any and all evidence is circumstantial and easily faked, no matter what your personal opinion is)
>>
>>17360869
The film alone is inconclusive. However, there were casts of footprints made of the subject int he film that contain dermal ridges. If you think it was hard to make an ape suit of that caliber in the 60's imagine making a foot that is not only mechanically functional, but also contains dermal ridges. The problem with these threads isn't the roleplayers. the problem are "skeptics" who willingly ignore all science that could dispute their claims.
>>
>>17361815
There are fossils. Gigantopithecus fossils are rare, but out there. They're actually only found in one cave in china that had perfect conditions for their preservation. It would be foolish to think they couldn't have been elsewhere only to have their fossils lost due to less than optimal conditions...
>>
>>17362235
If it's so easily faked why can't it be replicated? Also see my post about the castings that were made of the subject. The feet not only do not operate like human feet, they also have dermal ridges. It was a hell of a costume, I suppose...
>>
File: 1454344796140.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1454344796140.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>17361852
I wonder, at what point does someone who wants to disprove Bigfoot's existence cross the line from skeptic to conspiracy theorist
>>
File: Ca1z0K3UsAA6vJe.jpg (54 KB, 967x972) Image search: [Google]
Ca1z0K3UsAA6vJe.jpg
54 KB, 967x972
Fursuits have been a thing for quite a while, huh?
>>
>>17359116
either it's the greatest hoax ever or actual footage of a titty stacked female bigfoot. either way you can't go wrong ...vid is legendary for a reason.
>>
>>17362255
So fossils of every other creature was preserved everywhere but these creatures we don't know exists can only be preserved in one place in China hmm sounds fishy my friends
>>
>>17359307
It has a cult following
Nothing more
>>
>>17361672
Underrated kek
>>
>>17362255
Copied and pasted from encyclopedia britanica, which in my opinion is more trustable source then some random dude in a bigfoot thread:
"These apes are known from teeth, lower jaw bones, and possibly a piece of distal humerus. They were large in size, perhaps larger than gorillas. They lived in open country and had powerful grinding and chewing teeth." Perhaps they were larger then gorillas, we can't know much from finding just teeth and a jawbone though. There are plenty of animals with large heads/mouths that if they were the only things discovered on that animal would make you thing the rest of their body may be very large. For all we know these were some deformed humans banished from their group for having large teeth/jaws. Just saying, if all we ever found of dinosaurs was their teeth, we'd probably have a largely different view of what dinosaurs looked like.
>>
>>17362268
Humans have dermal ridges too, i bet they're all bigfoots.... Isnt pointing that out against the argument for this being real?
>>
>>17362268
There isn't a single other apes foot out there, whos foot resembles that of a humans. Just a heads up.
>>
>>17362255
U should probably research things before you bring them up...
The rise and fall of Gigantopithecus illustrates why, over time, size can yield diminishing returns. “There are short-term advantages that come with being bigger, but it also brings long-term risk,” says Aaron Clauset, a computer scientist at the University of Boulder, who has studied the body sizes of thousands of species spanning two million years of the fossil record.

It’s not just that a bigger body requires more food, says Clauset. It’s that “as you get bigger, you tend to have fewer children. That means your population tends to be smaller and more sensitive to fluctuations.”

As a result, changes in weather or climate that threaten a food source can reduce a large-bodied species’ numbers to the point of “demographic death.”

In fact, Clauset found that extinction rates increase as a species gets larger in size. That’s why goliaths such as Gigantopithecus and the giant sloth no longer roam the Earth. Every animal species has an effective upper limit on how big it can become; how close it can get to the edge of the precipice before toppling off into oblivion.

“When, during the Pleistocene, more and more forested areas turned into savanna landscapes, there was simply an insufficient food supply for the giant ape."

Gigantopithecus, a fruit-eater, failed to adapt to the grass, roots, and leaves that became the dominant food sources in its new environment. Had it been less gigantic, it might have endured somehow.
(source: National Geographic)
The more i read the less i believe this creature has/had anything to do with bigfoots (which probably dont exist, btw)
>>
We'll wherrd you steal this?
>>
Just letting you all know that fairies are real too
I see them everywhere
>>
>>17363029
same
>>
>>17363029
You must be on the west coast.
>>
>>17361551
>tfw lose the World Heavyweight Championship to Iron Sheik
>>
>>17361617
>hurrr hurrrrrrrr I said samsquanch just like the teevee durrrrr hurrrr I so funny
>>
>>17362989
>>17362989
No.

Are you just being contrary for the fuck of it or are you just really dumb?
>>
>>17361672
Hah! Nice one
>>
>>17359116
By the sounds of things, he's boarding with my upstairs neighbors this week.
>>
>>17360822
>The proportions are perfect for an ape of that size
no their not.
>the technology didn't exist in that time period to produce a prosthetic or suit that accurate or dynamic, etc
holy FUCK how stupid are you
>The footage when sped up and played in real time shows layers of heavy fur and down on the creature consistent with great apes
it absolutely does not...
>The head to shoulder ratio makes it almost impossible for a costumed mans head to fit
again how fuckin stupid are you
>and if you place it into context with its surroundings, as measured by those who have been to the site the "Costume" is over 10ft tall
its surroundings are all trees there is no way to judge height

i dont believe bigfoot exists... i have no proof, obviously

but jesus this is obviously a guy in a fucking suit its not even a good fucking suit
>>
>>17363067
Ah yes? humans definitely have dermal ridges.
>>
>>17363067
Guess i'm just that dumb? what points were u trying to make? "its foot didn't work like a humans"? guess what dood, every animal that isn't human, their feet dont operate like human feet. And we definitely have dermal ridges.
>>
File: DCSF.jpg (53 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
DCSF.jpg
53 KB, 512x512
Big man don't real.
>>
>>17359179
Super stretchy elastic?
>>
While camping over this past 4th of July I had an experience that could possibly be bigfoot related.

Was camping up around Gaylord, MI (kek) and my now-fiance and I were chilling by our dying fire around 2-3 am. The other couple we camped with was sleeping in the tent. So we're just sitting here, and all of a sudden I hear a textbook Bigfoot howl that Squatch enthusiasts always mention. Definitely not a dog or coyote. Unlikely that it was a man, since this was extremely deep and powerful and the sound carried a long ass way. It could have been a dude amplifying his voice on a speaker, I guess. But I don't think so. It sounded completely natural.

That's all that happened that night, though. Didn't see anything, didn't hear anything knocking around in the forest. Just the howl. Not much to go on, so it's obviously no proof that Bigfoot exists. But there's a very slight chance that that is what I heard.
>>
>>17363162
I cant't agree or disagree to the other points but....
>there is no way to judge height by trees
What??
>>
>>17359116
Why did you give us your selfie?
>>
In 2002, Philip Morris of Morris Costumes (a North Carolina-based company offering costumes, props and stage products) claimed that he made a gorilla costume that was used in the Patterson film. Morris says he discussed his role in the hoax "at costume conventions, lectures, [and] magician conventions"[253] in the 1980s, but first addressed the public at large on August 16, 2002, on Charlotte, North Carolina, radio station WBT-AM.[254] His story was also printed in The Charlotte Observer.[255] Morris claims he was reluctant to expose the hoax earlier for fear of harming his business: giving away a performer's secrets, he said, would be widely regarded as disreputable.[256]

Morris said that he sold an ape suit to Patterson via mail-order in 1967, thinking it was going to be used in what Patterson described as a "prank."[257] (Ordinarily the gorilla suits he sold were used for a popular side-show routine that depicted an attractive woman changing into a gorilla.) After the initial sale, Morris said that Patterson telephoned him asking how to make the "shoulders more massive"[258] and the "arms longer."[259] Morris says he suggested that whoever wore the suit should wear football shoulder pads and hold sticks in his hands within the suit.
>>
As for the creature's walk, Morris said:

The Bigfoot researchers say that no human can walk that way in the film. Oh, yes they can! When you're wearing long clown's feet, you can't place the ball of your foot down first. You have to put your foot down flat. Otherwise, you'll stumble. Another thing, when you put on the gorilla head, you can only turn your head maybe a quarter of the way. And to look behind you, you've got to turn your head and your shoulders and your hips. Plus, the shoulder pads in the suit are in the way of the jaw. That's why the Bigfoot turns and looks the way he does in the film. He has to twist his entire upper body.[260]

Morris' wife and business partner Amy had vouched for her husband and claims to have helped frame the suit.[260] Morris offered no evidence apart from testimony to support his account, the most conspicuous shortcoming being the absence of a gorilla suit or documentation that would match the detail evidenced in the film and could have been produced in 1967.
>>
>>17359116
A man in a homemade designed Bigfoot custom who tried to profit from the myth.
>>
File: 1454615199116.jpg (1 MB, 1280x2160) Image search: [Google]
1454615199116.jpg
1 MB, 1280x2160
>>17362222
>yawn
>...
OP Bigfoot picture has been proven as inauthentic.
>>
>>17362231
>Furthermore, the size alone debunks claims made by people proclaiming to be the man in the suit
Can you use your brain? Someone could have propped themself ontop of a wooden block to heighten themselves. There are ways to make yourself deceptively taller.
>>
>>17359116
>Thoughts?
It's the elusive Unabomber.
>>
>>17359116
Greek girls are hairy, what's the big deal if she didnt shave for a few days?
>>
>>17362304
you cant disprove a negative you fuckin cunt

all "skeptics" know this
>>
Bigfoot is a forest spirit

Not really a physical creature
>>
>>17359116
Its fake the owner of this foto even agreed that its made up

it was a bigfoot sighting wich turned out to be some dude in a costume the end you can even look that up
>>
>>17362227
Because it's literally nothing but a large ape
Even if it is real, wow, we found a primate

Cryptozoology has a shitton of interesting crap, with huge mythologies behind them
And a huge monkey that can't be found us just as unplayable as a deepsea creature that has never been seeb
>>
>>17359116
Jerk in a hairy suit
>>
>>17363750 (me)
*unplausible
*seen
Fucking...
>>
If a sasquatch is found to be a real animal...it would actually just be considered a humanoid that didn't die off, they must have lived along with humans this whole time and had minor interactions. from native american stories, women sometimes were taken away and raped/killed. maybe lack of female sasquatch led to breeding of some humans.
>>
Fake
>>
>>17360730
Yeah, exactly my thoughts.
While i don't really believe it, something like bigfoot could exist. Very very unlikely in the US though, but there could be large mammal species undiscovered in asia somewhere, maybe even bipedal
>>
>>17363860
Just like when you fuck a horse and it gets preggers with a minotaur
Did you fail biology in middle school?

There's no such thing as interspecies mating, mate
>>
>>17363873
why do some humans share genes with Neanderthals?
>>
File: 1404265052000.jpg (157 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1404265052000.jpg
157 KB, 620x349
My thought is that if you were going to make a fake bigfoot outfit you wouldn't put tits on it.
>>
>>17363035
underrated post
>>
>>17363666
>>17363667
nono, i can definitively tell from 20 50x50 pixel frames that this can't be a human in a suit. trust me i've read multiple blogs on this topic
>>
Heh. Of course Bigfoot can't exist idiot. I should know, I've lived in the city all my life. I'm too smart for that... heh. I bet you kids don't believe in science...
>>
>>17363951
johnny?
>>
>>17359132
>Yes?
>?
Go fuck yourself, stupid faggot. Fucking millennials and their lack of commitment to anything. Make a strong statement you yellow bellied FAGGOT.
>>
File: 1454531127609.jpg (28 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1454531127609.jpg
28 KB, 324x291
>>17360915
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>17363057
You need to be 18 to post here, my fedora-wearing friend.
>>
>>17363982
You are either retarded or don't know any english at all. That questionmark isn't meant literally
Not the guy you replied to btw
>>
>>17361504
haha. underrated post. also

/thread.
>>
>>17362237
>dermal ridges

this has been btfo.
>>
>>17364019
>isn't meant literally
You're the retard here. It's punctuation. Kill yourself.
>>
>>17359116
mothman is cooler
>>
>>17364111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXpsFGflT7U

It's a sarcastic question. By intentionally phrasing the answer as a question, you make it seem like the answer is not obvious, like the person posing the original question implied.
What you are actually saying is that the answer is indeed 100% obvious.
I know i am wasting my time trying to explain semantics to an autistic fuckwit, but at least i tried
>>
>>17363870
Humans and Neanderthals?
>>
Ersatz and nonheteronormative
>>
>>17359116
Ever since cameras got good and are everywhere he really fucked off.

Maybe he is the Aussies proxy shit posting on pol
>>
>>17361642
They were smart enough to escape the homosapiens when we were wiping out all animals and Neanderthals. They've in remote areas and have learned to bury their dead so as to better conceal their locstion.
>>
>>17366673
Calls into question why a gigantic animal would hide from small animals. For example, (probably dont try this either) if you attacked an elephant, it would fuking kick your ass. So why then would an animal twice as big as a human, hide from it?
>>
>>17366167
Here we go one of those "cameras are everywhere nowadays" guys
>>
>>17366167
Ikr, everyone has camera's now, but big foots have a camera sense (similar to a spidey sense) and are even more elusive now.
>>
>>17360796
>What even is the charm on that thing?

Speaking for myself, it is in america allgedly, not taxing to encounter. Most cryptids involve extoic locals or dangerous enveionments, the idea of going for a hike or scenic drive and encountering a bigfoot is elegant in its simplicity.
>>
Love how in these threads all these "believers" dont post any evidence, like there isn't a single video link, or link to some other pages that were created by biologist or anthropologist or primatologists. "BIG FOOTS REAL, BECAUSE I BELIEVES IT" Just like santa, my main man.
>>
>>17361493
>>17361503
Awesome gif but i think it makes the thing a lot more human looking.
>>
>>17361493
>>17361503
As the elusive big foot escapes he doesn't run, and casual looks back at the camera... The most elusive creature in modern history, doesn't run, he casual walks away when he thinks in in danger. Thats why no one else can get video evidence of him, because hes always walking too slow, and most cameras can only pick up objects running away. #reallogic101
>>
>>17363667
>Oh, yes they can! When you're wearing long clown's feet, you can't place the ball of your foot down first. You have to put your foot down flat.

This is an interesting comment as the stablization shows heel striking, before the stable videos most observers did claim the foot landed flat.
>>
I'd be down to fuck a female Bigfoot. Make a nice lil tribe.
>>
Literally all evidence providing some claim of Big foot is either unsubstantiated or obviously staged.

Am I willing to permanently discount the thought of a "big foot" like creature existing? No. Honestly, if it really does exist, it's most likely an extremely rare, verge-of-extinction primate.

Am I going to believe anyone that claims to see big foot that isn't a scientist and hasn't tracked, studied, and came up with some conclusive evidence of the beast? Nope. The image provided in OP is staged and fake. There's even interviews on YT with the guys that did it.
>>
>>17366855
and what kind of significance does your disbelief carry again?
>>
>>17366860

We're discussing the existence of a crypto in a public, anonymous forum dedicated to expressing opinions, however inaccurate.

My disbelief carries as much significance as the want to believe. I claim there is likely no big foot based on provided evidence-another claims there is based on the same. It ultimately makes no difference without substantiated proof, as the medium with which we're expressing ourselves requires no checks or balances other than the subjective metrics we ourselves use.

Stay mad I guess.
>>
>>17366874
Nice answer dodging, anon.
>>
>>17366906

What do you want me to say? You want me to argue with you that my belief in a could-be, maybe, possibly existing creature-which has no substantiated evidence-is somehow more valid than those that want to believe in it?

I don't believe in big foot without hard evidence. You might, I don't know, I don't really care. If we're going to further the discussion, then the burden of proof rests on both of us.

So give me some kind of account/evidence/photography that hasn't been falsified, and we'll talk.

Until then, the entire thread is nothing but an /x/ circle jerk.
>>
I wish someone would just shoot one so we can know one way or another.
>>
>>17366954
How is shooting one a way to prove he doesn't exist
>>
File: Listen here you little shit.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Listen here you little shit.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>>17359116
Oh for fuck's sake
>>
>>17367089
fnaf faggot
>>
>>17360822
>The proportions are perfect for an ape of that size
False
>the technology didn't exist in that time period to produce a prosthetic or suit that accurate or dynamic
False
>The footage when sped up and played in real time shows layers of heavy fur and down on the creature consistent with great apes, it shows muscle movement and even bouncing mammeries, low on the chest
All false
>The head to shoulder ratio makes it almost impossible for a costumed mans head to fit
Fiction
>the "Costume" is over 10ft tall.
Straight up fabrication.
>we're great apes.
True.
>It's entirely possible that a species of great ape survived previous ice ages
More than true, it's a recognized fact. I mean, there's the orangutans, the gorillas, the chimpanzees, and of course ourselves sitting here typing this.
>>
>>17361309
It wouldn't do any of that though
>>
>>17361503
Seen here: The legendary Bigfoot, looking about as much like a living organism as C3PO.
>>
>>17361660
>never
>except for that time people perfectly reproduced it
>>
>>17360781
Sounds like schizophrenia.
>>
>>17361815
>we find all sorts of fossils leading up to modern humans, but none of them branched off to get massively taller.
>what is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meganthropus
>>
>>17359179
Because Bruce Banner is hung like an elephant so his groin region stays the same during Hulking out and only rips the thighs in his shorts. Everyone knows that.
>>
its sad people here think bigfoot is real. like really sad

t. alberto barbosa
>>
>>17363388
It depends on the time difference between when the video was taken and when the trees were measured, because that shit's still growing. Could have grown several feet, maybe even multiple meters depending on growth rate since 1967.
>>
>>17363873
>>17363880
No such thing as *intergenus* mating. Interspecies is fine, that's how we get shit like ligers and mules. Now, that said, ligers and mules are both infertile, and I'm not a biologist, so I don't know how Neanderthal/Denisovan/Sapiens/Unknown Fourth Party interbreeding works, but it did and we know that.
>>
>>17359116
heard it is fake
>>
>>17367371
You heard right.
>>
>>17366680
>implying mammoths didn't run from cavemen with spears
>>
>>17366680
Because we outnumber them at an insane rate? And we probably always have, dating back to when were sending everything into extinction.
>>
>>17363162
You're fucking autistic, they most certainly did not have the technology back then to make a suit like that. If you ask anyone who makes costumes they'll tell you it was impossible to make a costume back then that showed off muscles contracting and shit like that.
>>
>>17367551
Oh wow what a coincidence, there just so happens to be zero muscular contractions in the patterson gimlin film. So Patterson wouldn't have needed a suit that could simulate muscles contracting.
>>
File: 1455591821782.png (133 KB, 420x400) Image search: [Google]
1455591821782.png
133 KB, 420x400
>>17361535
>>17361551
>>
>>17363057
>hurr hurrr fun is not allowed
>>
>>17367750
You really haven't looked into this have you?
>>
>>17359125

1.) We wouldn't be the only living hominid species on Earth.
2.) We'd have some very serious questions about where animal ends and human consciousnesses begins.
3.)The entire Pacific Northwest would have to become a nature reserve.
>>
Sasquatch here. The PG film is my cousin Lilly May
>>
>>17359116
>thoughts
>/x/
>>
My uncle used to backpack alone for weeks in the Sierra Nevada mountains in California during the 80's and 90's. For years he never really thought much of the bigfoot stories, as he had zero encounters despite hundreds of nights spent alone in fairly remote wilderness. This was until one night he said his camp site was "attacked" by what he described as what could've only been bigfoot. Stones were thrown in the vicinity of his fire and sleeping bag (no tent). He said he looked up and at the edge of the light of his fire (~30 ft) he saw a bipedal creature standing about 7 feet tall with incredibly broad shoulders. He told me he went to grab his ice axe, his only means of self defense, and as he stood up he was so overcome with fear from this creature that his legs buckled underneath him and he collapsed to the ground.

Now, my uncle is a fairly big dude (4u), 6'4" 250, and had spent many night alone in the wilderness. So, he's encountered everything the California wilderness has to offer: bears, mountain lions, coyotes, etc. And for him to react like this has to mean something. This encounter still shakes him to this day as he doesn't like to talk about it too much. However, shortly after the event he was inspired to learn more about this creature and spent years searching. Funny thing is that my uncle was the person that introduced the shill that is Matt Moneymaker to the world of bigfoot.

Another interesting story about my uncle is that on one of his trips he spent searching he stumbled upon large scat that he had couldn't indentify. He took a sample of said scat back with him and had it analyzed at UCLA. The scat was determined to be from a creature that couldn't be recognized; the people at the lab even accused my uncle of taking the shit. Funny enough, the scat sample mysteriously "disappeared" when he returned to the lab a few months later.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 700x561) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 700x561
>>
>>17367932

My dad and my other uncle also had what they described as an "unexplained experience" involving what they now think was bigfoot

>be dad and his brother
>backpacking through Sierra Nevada mountains
>late summer at about 8 pm, sun just about to set
>trail comes along large meadow
>meadow filled with dozens of cattle
>while walking hear an extremely loud whistle/howl
>cattle quickly rush into defensive circle (with young cows in the middle)
>at the time thought the noise was a cowboy call as there was a ranch a few miles down the trail
>cows continue staying in the formation as long as my dad and uncle are in view
>make camp about a mile further

>next morning
>continue hiking
>come across ranch that they thought was open
>ranch boarded up, closed for the season

Bigfoot could likely prey upon the younger cattle. Hearing that call and seeing my dad and uncle, who are already 6'4" plus their large packs, in a low light situation clearly startled the cows. Years later my dad and I were watching some bigfoot show on discovery; while watching, the people on the show played recordings of "bigfoot howls". My dad said what he heard that day sounded eerily similar to this https://youtu.be/LDJu59GsuJU?t=127
>>
>>17361504
>It was only a few years ago that an entirely new species, homo floresiensis, was found in Indonesia. Remains of these tiny people were found that are as recent as 9000 years old - that's a lot more amazing than bigfoot stories.

And from the same area there were folktales of Orang Pendek - short hairy men of the forest.
>>
>>17361852

Those sketches are based on a documented sighting from the 50s, which he researched for his bigfoot film project.
>>
>>17363162

why are the people who religiously deny bigfoot's existence even dumber than those who want to prove its existence?
>>
>>17367804
On the contrary I believe that it is you who have failed at research.
>>
>>17363667
>Morris offered no evidence apart from testimony to support his account, the most conspicuous shortcoming being the absence of a gorilla suit or documentation

This means his story is worthless, right skeptics?
>>
>>17359125
not really. just another new creature.
>>
They eat babies, everyone knows that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpIDM6wkbpo
>>
>>17367143
What time? When? Explain.

Oh, what's that you say? You can't? Pity.
>>
>>17367143
Citation needed.
>>
File: Patterson bigfoot recreated.jpg (41 KB, 243x270) Image search: [Google]
Patterson bigfoot recreated.jpg
41 KB, 243x270
>>17370099
>>17370242
The BBC one is actually more realistic looking.
>>
File: 21912130165_080dee6bb0_o.jpg (2 MB, 4400x4600) Image search: [Google]
21912130165_080dee6bb0_o.jpg
2 MB, 4400x4600
>>17359116
this is extremely under-rated costume, if you watch the video or even the gif of this thing moving it is fucking fantastic, the way the muscles under the fur move with the body, the arms are so long the actor inside would have to have disproportionate (extended) biceps to bend at the same location as the costumes elbows. Not saying its real but if it isn't than its a pretty damn good quality costume for its time.
>>
>>17370299
They've analyzed that already and showed that the body proportions are off.
The shin bones on Patty are shorter than an adult human's and the arms are way longer.
>>
>>17366713
but why would he run? if I were bigfoot i wouldn't give a fuck. Probably didn't see the camera or some shit.
>>
>>17370409
If Bigfoots didn't run from cameras then why don't we have a billion Patterson films by now?
>>
>>17361309
LOL, what is the average age of this board? im too old, i cant handle this kind of retardation anymore
>>
Is it really hard to believe that a near extinct bipedal ape exists in the far reaches of the wilderness not just in North America, but across the globe? Hey but I guess you guys are right, you've lived in the city your entire lives and you've never seen anything that cannot be explained by science so why should this be any different?
>>
How many photos of this are there?
>>
>>17371580
>too old
>is a thirteen-year-old boy
>>
>>17371580
>Retardation
>>
Hey /x/ I've got my great grandfather here with me and I'm going to transcribe and format what he has to say regarding his experience working as a biologist based in Seattle during the 70s.

>[Grandpa is talking about what he did, I'm not sure it's relevant though so I am typing this so as not to hurt his feelings] ...and we were on this trail that had a vast drop on the left and the treeline just a few feet to out right. Martin was holding a microphone with this great big real 2 real tape machine and he calls us over...picking something up from below the trail. Now it's not a bear and it's not a cougar but we're getting pretty darn scared out here this late in the day so we pack up and decide to return down the trail back to camp [he is talking about how it was nearly 7pm and late september and they were not dressed for the cold, kek] ...when this almighty hootin starts up outta the treeline [he is making a noise that slowly rises in pitch, it sounds like a monkey, rofl]
>>
>>17371580
underage faggot detected
>>
>>17359116

That is clearly manbearpig, I'm super cereal.
>>
>>17370315
>what is marfan's syndrome
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.