[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Occultism & Magick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: gnostic mass.jpg (150 KB, 630x850) Image search: [Google]
gnostic mass.jpg
150 KB, 630x850
>Temple of Solomon the King
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>Mesmer's Lair (hypnosis, hypnotherapy, some neuropsych, brainwashing resources)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc

FINALLY updated the library with Aghori's materials. There may be duplicates and I decided against splitting folder too much.

Got a couple books on Chod coming down the pipeline, probably some Kali Puja as well, like some of the kaula material I'm not sure what I've posted or not. The new books this year have started to slowly trickle out but I'm not sure what's actually worthwhile yet. Word on the grapevine is there's some foul rumblings from inside Fulgur, which is pretty par for the course.

I think now that it's been a while since Jeva passed I may start scanning those Illuminati rituals again. They're stupid important and I'm still not seeing a pdf floating around.

Someone last thread was asking of that edition of Troa was legit. It is and that's the version in my library. You'll notice the cover has a notation which reads (paraphrase) "And also a ritual suitable for the celebration of the Equinox". AC's papers were divided up long ago, that Equinox ritual's the unpublished one in the AA folder of the Yorke Microfilms.
>>
>>17355841
how can i contact my spirit guide?
>>
>>17355919
Define 'contact'. Define 'spirit guide'.
>>
>>1735592
contact = communicate
Spirit guide = call it what you want higher self, spirit guide, a being that there is to help and guide you?
>>
Is there a ritual that's designed to literally pull an operator up to higher spheres/ dimensions etc.?

And by literally I mean directly, none of this "staying physically alive" stuff.
>>
Have any of you read Fulcanelli? Is his stuff legit?
>>
>>17355975
He's fuckin' based
Top tier alchemical stuff
>>
How many sigils do you think you can make in a day? Would it be beneficial to make multiple at once, making it easier to forget the exact conscious purpose of each symbol and dividing your focus onto multiple things?

On another note, tried making a sigil this afternoon, did a bunch of weird stuff to charge it, which included dancing to hype as fuck music and then forcing myself to feel extremely emotional by thinking of the feelsiest moments from all the feelsiest movies. Then burned the stuff I used to write it out and plan the designs for it in the garden, when it started burning a lot of heavy snow started to fall and it immediately stopped once it was nothing but ash. Not really related but it felt really cool.
>>
>>17355940
Liber samekh by Crowley is what you are looking for.
>>
>>17355960
Vajrayana covers that but you gotta, y'know, die.

>>17355940
Higher self? Greek Magical Papyrus invoking Augoeides, maybe GD 5=6 and similar.

>>17355975
see
>>17355979

>>17355984
As many as you need. If the operation calls for it.

That's just synchronicity. It's neat but more a side effect than and end unto itself. I had some stuff with the snow too. Anyway, if you're working chaos sigils, just do what needs done, no more, no less. If you need a few, inscribe them...if you only need one, inscribe it.
>>
>>17355991
>Vajrayana covers that but you gotta, y'know, die.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Any source?
>>
>>17355989
>"The Holy Guardian Angel is not the higher self."
~MWT

If I were to use Samekh for 'higher self' I'd lean HEAVILY on the Asar-Un-Nefer shit, which Probie and Neophyte already does.
>>
File: 1433820873083.jpg (46 KB, 455x695) Image search: [Google]
1433820873083.jpg
46 KB, 455x695
Is music magick a thing?
>>
File: IMG_6596.jpg (212 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6596.jpg
212 KB, 1500x1000
>>17355992
Bardo Thodol, obviously, but I dunno which texts cover actually diverting the mindstream into Pure Land. Bardo Thodol implies it's kind of a spontaneous thing, either you're attained enough to recognize essential reality of one of the two infinite lights or you're strapped in for Shri Chitipati's Wild Ride.

But Thodol's a lay text in a lot of capacities. I'll thumb through the Vajra folder to see if there's anything explicit.
>>
>>17356005
Yeah, I'm looking for explicit. This friend of mind is in a nihilist streak and wants to "ascend" to higher planes beyond depression.

Might be very interesting to see if he's convinced enough to try these things.
>>
I'm in the second week of abstinence from drugs, alcohol, sex and tobacco in preparation for the big mushroom sesh on the Spring Equinox.

Going to try to IAO through it as much as i can.

Any other recs on what can i do additionaly?
>>
>>17356013
Do the VIIIĀ°.
>>
>>17356010
We've all had phases like that. >>17355995
I know it's not truly the same, but it's the simplest and most cost-effective, all things considered.
>>17356000
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>17356020
>We've all had phases like that
This dude has had a phase like that since I met him. Almost 5 years ago.

He's got this whole I'll-be-a-nihilist-and-just-up-my-vibrations thing going on.

Hopefully he does get things together.
>>
File: 1451398290577.gif (963 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1451398290577.gif
963 KB, 500x333
>>17356020
magicks that use certain types of music, either being listened to or produced, to create certain internal or external effects.
>>
>>17356024
Hell, if he works some of the vajra shit it may snap him out of abject nihilism into more tenable forms of non-arising philosophies in that system.
>>
>>17356024
I know the type. I also have a friend like that, nihilistic and kinda omnicidal. When I ask him "Then why don't you just kill yourself already?" you can clearly see the logic bomb go off in his brain, meaning, he's just an edgelord. Try it out
>>
>>17356026
Yeah, Arawakan, Tupian, and various N. South American clan songs. Some tribes even go so far to embed semanticality into individual notes or sounds or structures.

Things like this are often de-emphasized in the West and what isn't is built on the back of either Hindu or various misc. tribal musical conventions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VZHhhMY12Y
>>
>>17356026
I use bongos in some of my shamanic stuff. Not really necessary, but it gives off that sweet spirit healer vibe
>>
File: smiling-bob.jpg (10 KB, 270x267) Image search: [Google]
smiling-bob.jpg
10 KB, 270x267
>>17355841
Threadly reminder that magic isn't a real, and nobody in the history of humanity has anything to show for it, regardless of however many years they've practiced.
>>
>>17356041
Go fuck youself, inept pleb shit
>>
>>17356031
Feh. I just stop responding when he goes on the higher-dimension tangent.
And he virtually always does.

>>17356041
Threadly reminder that magic shows results regardless of whether you believe they're paranormal or not.
>>
>>17356015

You're going to have to point me to some book at least, friend.
>>
>>17356046
Should be under OTO degree material stuff in the MEGA.
>>
>>17356045
>Threadly reminder that magic shows results regardless of whether you believe they're paranormal or not.
Threadly reminder that no it doesn't, #rekt.
That is the reason who intellectual invalids hang out on /x/, and not /sci/.
>>
>>17356041
oh man im mad now
im so mad
you fucking pissed me off oh man oh boy
how dare you
come into my home
UNDER MY ROOF
and pretend that
i give a shit
>>
>>17356048
We'd be on /his/ but apparently they want esoterica here for the most part.
>>
>>17356045
Does he also speak about faster than light travel, antigravitational fields, Thule society, and plasma reactors? If so, we may have a common friend
>>
>http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Mars_Square.html
What do you guys think about magic squares?

I'm currently doing a Mars square for motivation and it seems to be working pretty well.
>>
>>17356059
lel

>>17356062
Magick squares are fine but JoS can get fucked.
>>
>>17356048
Yes, it does.

Check out the coherence between liminality (ritual theory), suspension of disbelief (chaos magic) and bypassing the critical factor (hypnosis).

All those are the same thing. Changes in the mind and brain of the operator objectively happen, as has been shown again and again, in studies on ritual, hypnosis, and magical thinking (suggestibility and superstition).

Get your shit straight before vomiting ignorance.

That said, I do agree that there is entirely no evidence for anything supernatural taking place, if that's what you actually meant, you mouthbreather.

>>17356059
Nope. More like aliens, demons, extraterrestrials in masonry, as well as being "from another world" and being "called home". Oh also Martinism in some small extent.
>>
>>17356066
Crap, that also sounds like him. Does he hate christians and communists as well? Sorry for derailing the thread, will leave soon
>>
>>17356072
Yes and yes.
>>
File: asp_w_130530_08061.jpg (560 KB, 866x1000) Image search: [Google]
asp_w_130530_08061.jpg
560 KB, 866x1000
Working my way trhough Enochian Magick.

I'm stil in early stages, so, if any can help me with some doubts. I understand you contact an angel and then what? you just speak, you ask questions, you request something.

For instance, if you contact a Senior, let's say, LSRAHPM, He who slays, I could ask about killing or ruining someone's life, right? Or if a contact LAIDROM, He who knows the secrets of truth, I could speak to it in order to get knowledge and advance my spiritual evolution, is that how it works?

Another thing, how do you know they will grant you a request, don't they ask for something?

Want to know some experiences with Enochian.
>>
>>17356076
First and foremost. If they show up at all, you know you're in deep shit, as they WILL always make things happen towards supporting their own agenda.

Secondly, usually you won't get what you asked for, but something better, which is aligned with IAIDA's agenda.

Thirdly. Expect a shit-ton of weird shit.
>>
>>17356041
>>17356048

I know i really shouldn't respond to this, but

Do you know why The Pentagon has the shape it has?
>>
>>17356074
I just realized we descibed ~98% of /x/ and schizos with this. Maybe it is the same guy, but as I said, all of them are like that. Where is that friend from?
>>
>>17356095
Poland as well. There's a ton of weird people in the world.
>>
>>17356066
>Check out the coherence between liminality (ritual theory), suspension of disbelief (chaos magic) and bypassing the critical factor (hypnosis).

>check out all my pseudopsychology!

>Changes in the mind and brain of the operator objectively happen

>Smoking weed erryday is MAGIC!!!

This is downright pathetic.
>>
File: wait.png (37 KB, 357x243) Image search: [Google]
wait.png
37 KB, 357x243
>>17356074
>>17356072
>>>/fringe/
>>>/evenonce/

>>17356076
It really depends on the trajectory of your work.

I'd never ask an Enochian entity for something as basic or callous as that. I would however, use that for Laidrom...provided we're working in a GD framework.

The generally have zero time for you unless it directly serves their interests.
>>
>>17356100
>The never have time for you unless it directly serves their interests.
fix'd

>>17356098
You might want to get some science in that thick head of yours.
>>
>>17356085
>If they show up at all, you know you're in deep shit, as they WILL always make things happen towards supporting their own agenda.

>>17356066
>That said, I do agree that there is entirely no evidence for anything supernatural taking place

>>17356076
To answer your question, Enochian is an outdated scam. One of the "divine transcribed messages" from Dee's faithful scryer was "pay me more money or I'll quit", in Greek, which he learned during his university studies under his original family name "Talbot".

People may swear by its effectiveness, but this says far more about the delusional instability of those who believe in "magical powers" than it does about the existence of supernatural agents.
>>
>>17356110
Oh, absolutely. I'm just saying, even if it's an entirely personal, neurological process, Enochian has a certain consistency amongst people, and that "agenda" comes up over and over again among practitioners. It's hard to ignore when it's that consistent.
>>
Is there any magickal device that i can perform to make me feel like i'm 100% inebriated on booze?
>>
>>17356125
Yeah. It's called hypnosis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zryGzTbU49I
>>
Next update may be seeing a Babylonian folder going up.
>>
>>17356130
Ok. Fine.
>>
>>17356085

What's their agenda? Even at this early point, I'm pretty sure they're not angels.

>>17356110

Well, my approach to magic is somewhat similar to Regardie's, I do think we work on some personal subconcious level and weird shit happens, so I take everything with a pinch of salt. Still think our microcosm is connected to some Source, but that's a very personal idea.

>>17356117
That agenda sounds like some egregore shit between enochian magicians.

But my question remains, dont they ask for anything? I'm thinking with a Goetia mentality.

Also, other questions. Supposedly you work with good angels, what abou the bad ones? Are they worse?
>>
File: 1454480771581.jpg (203 KB, 1000x963) Image search: [Google]
1454480771581.jpg
203 KB, 1000x963
I'm >>>17354940
Can someone help me out?
>>
>>17356153
I did. I told you Twin Peaks is a great show. Why aren't you watching it?
>>
>>17356137
And some of the new Three Hands books...still no Afflicted Mirrors.
>>
File: master sorcerer.jpg (78 KB, 564x798) Image search: [Google]
master sorcerer.jpg
78 KB, 564x798
What is a better vocation, Magick Knight or Magick archer? I've been a sorcerer for awhile now but the high casting times and lack of hands on action really ruin it for me.
>>
>>17356160
And JSK's Cyprian.
>>
>>17356085
>>17356100

Their agenda is serving God I'd guess? But whose version? They aren't going to try to get you to behead sodomites right?
>>
>>17356214
>But whose version?
The one which burns with infinite hatred and absolute love.
Depending on the particular time of day.
>>
>>17356169
Paladin or gtfo, anon.
>>
>>17356159
Oh, you're here? I'll watch it later
I'm want to know more. Can it be used in some way to affect the way a person thinks or something? I know Crowley wrote about backwards thinking somewhere.
>>
>>17356169
How much mana do you think you need? Also do you like heavy armor or leather?
>>
File: mystic knight.jpg (37 KB, 550x777) Image search: [Google]
mystic knight.jpg
37 KB, 550x777
>>17356218
Paladin would technically be mystic knight.
>>
>>17356215
well, how the hell do you serve that?
>>
Strayans pls stop the shitposting

>>17356215
Is he related to any god that we can know? Like Allah, YHVH, etc?
>>
>>17356220
I'm everywhere, son.
I dunno about that stuff, but it has been observed that thinking in odd ways (in a foreign language, backwards, in rhyme...) and using your non-dominant hand improves intelligence and helps reduce the risk of dementia in old age.
>>
>>17356243
IAO.

More properly at the very top, OAI. Go read The Vision and the Voice.
>>
>>17356254
What does it mean to serve that though, is what I'm asking, like what are they trying to accomplish? If it's to serve x God/acronym what is x's will?
>>
>>17356317
>like what are they trying to accomplish?
enslave and harvest the souls of humanity. Space jews really.
>>
>>17356117
No, you're a hypocrite and a superstition apologist.

>Enochian has a certain consistency amongst people, and that "agenda" comes up over and over again among practitioners. It's hard to ignore when it's that consistent.

It's called "priming".

This is psych 100 stuff.

It's like asking you to not imagine a white polar bear, and lo and behold, you imagine a white polar bear.

A far more interesting experiment would be to have people who aren't egomaniacs, therefore not interested in occultism, babble incoherent Kelly made-up jumbled consonant words, and see if they still experience the same egomaniacal results that your typical egomaniac occultist does.

>It's hard to ignore when it's that consistent.

It's actually incredibly easy, when you look at the type of people who practice """Enochian""". Yourself included.
>>
Just a general question for you already well versed magicians out there, how has magick helped you?

Has it actually helped you go that little extra beyond in stuff like school, work, love, or whatever else you do? Would you say your life is different from when you first started practicing, or is your view of life the biggest change?
>>
27 books on deck uploading for an update. Zorak, GD, etc., pls lemme make a library update thread when this one kicks the bucket. Hell, I may even post i there then open the next thread with the update, or put the update on /his/ and try not to get banned.
>>
>>17356024
>>17356005
I thought one was supposed to get his mind fixed (even if just with some cheap duct tape) before dabbling with this stuff. It was actually what put me off from the occult, Z even wrote about it in a FAQ on that lvxnox website. I used to lurk these threads around three years ago.
>>
>>17356345
Whaddya want, kiddos:
>Buddhism and Empire: The Political and Religious Culture of Early Tibet (Brill's Tibetan Studies Library, V. 22)

>Ladakhi Histories: Local And Regional Perspectives (Brill's Tibetan Studies Library)

>Himalayan Tribal Tales: Oral Tradition and Culture in the Apatani Valley (Brill's Tibetan Studies Library)

I'm prone on the tribal folklore, myself.
>>
>>17356036
(not the anon you replied to)
>[YouTube] Zero Kama- Azure Lidded Woman (Pregnant Womb of Non).m4v
>40s in
>feel like i have a boner but my dick is flacid
what is going on
>>
>>17356340
>Just a general question for you already well versed magicians out there, how has magick helped you?
"Magick" seems to be an ineffective patchwork jobs for those who already suffer from severe mental illness. A short trip to any type of "occult" convention will confirm this for anybody.

>Has it actually helped you go that little extra beyond in stuff like school, work, love, or whatever else you do? Would you say your life is different from when you first started practicing, or is your view of life the biggest change?

Quite honestly, what do you think? If studying occultism produced the best and the brightest CEOs with awesome trophy wives, do you seriously think any of these cucks would be sitting around posting on an Afgani camel racing enthusiest forum?

They justify their waste of time by claiming they're doing something like "strengthening the (nonexistent) Astral Body)" or "Attuning their energies to the Earth (in terms of forms of energy which don't actually exist)".
>>
>>17356374
It's working.

>>17356377
>he pounded angrily on his keyboard whilst the guy what made the thread's still talking about Brill's academic editions, certain that this would finally be the post that, after all these years, got the /omg/ faggots to stop posting. With self assured glee, and heart racing, he hit 'enter', expectant of his inevitable (you).
>>
>>17356340
Well, not to say I am well versed, I am a dabbler at best, a dabbler in a Frankenstein's monster mix-and-match shamanism sort of thing, but...
Since I took it up, my life has gotten better. I am currently finishing my bachelors and I already have a career opportunity in a global company where I'm interning, so yeah. Before that, I was on the verge of suicide and depression made it hard for me to do anything. I flunked a year at the uni, didn't leave my appartment for 2 months etc...
I just decided to jump in. And it worked. I'm not saying that it happened because of it, but I felt a change in attitude, a greater perception. I dunno.
I was a JoS-fag as a kid. It hurt my progress, as I can see now, better than ever.
Will try to make myself better and more competent when I have the time to read stuff other than school and work related shit.
>>
>>17356377
That's nice, but did I ask you?
>>
>>17355919
https://mega.nz/#!kgExGTrJ!W3H0Tx9arGc5eJMeXidnVW1pGTwLA1-3gYWDQxZg5eI
>>17356000
>GET
>Bone in her sword
Also alan moore and The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels
>>17356048
get off my lawn
>>17356041
Not enough slack
>>17356062
agreed with>>17356065
Jos is neo nazi front group trying to use magical themes to lure in the gullible
>>17356076
Ask them how to make an evangelion, it will be good times, I promise.
>>17356098
>arguing with surgo and expecting to get anywhere
>>17356345
All yours. Am a bit to busy to be hosting atm, just put the last one up because no else had.
>>
>>17356396
JoS?
>>
>>17356410
See >>17356404
>>
>>17356395
working on an audio folder for future random library threads. what I have so far is hodge podge to say the least. What do I need to add?
https://mega.nz/#F!RktiXZBS!W_ZvtntvNvWxvsSYZCG_vg
>>
>>17356396
>I was a JoS-fag as a kid. It hurt my progress, as I can see now, better than ever.
Why do you believe it has hurt your practice? Specifically.
>>
>>17356337
Kek.

>>17356366
This.
>>
>>17356398
You were asking for it, walking around in that skimpy skirt, slut.
>>
>>17356366
A bit of crazyness is always good
>>
>>17356420
It made me a close-minded, dogmatic fool, something I was running away from (catholic, lol). Also, their system doesn't work. Not just because it's a mish-mash of everything remotely magical, it also lacks focus, direction other than
>>da joos are bad and opressing my poor Satan who is Enki who is an ayy lmao
>>
>>17356418
I've not dealt with audio at all.

I'm getting some recordings of Kaula pujas soon, so maybe I'll forward 'em. I do have the audio from the election of Bill Breeze and a meeting he had with McMurtry, tho.
>>
>>17356439
>Also, their system doesn't work
The system is the best thing about JoS though. And it very much has direction, which is empowering the soul.

I understand why you feel it's dogmatic though.
>>
>>17356458
1/10, made me reply.
Nope, it does not work. It was made by someone who just picked up a couple of random books at their local Barnes&Noble&HitlerĀ© and took random shit
>>
>>17356395
>After seven years of dedicated occult """practice""", he finally came upon some unreleased Crowley documents. "This", he thought to himself, "will surely make magic real this time!"

>>17356398
>implying that I'm not more well versed in magic than any of the tripfriends who constantly shitpost these threads everywhere

>>17356404
>cryingbaby.jpg
>>
File: 6irlO9a.gif (360 KB, 388x280) Image search: [Google]
6irlO9a.gif
360 KB, 388x280
>>17356488
>cryingbaby.gif

Anyway, are you actually going to make a point or are you just shit posting?
>>
>>17356488
Are you the usual guy with the physics degree or a new guy with a physics degree?

>>17356519
*shhhh*
You'll ruin his self validation hour.
>>
>>17356340

Practising esoteric religion just made a more perceptive a sensible person, which in turn helped me to land a cushy gig in a stagnating market during a recession, new swaky digs and just generally become less of a beta.

If that's not practical results, i don't know what are to be honest my frater
>>
What are your thoughts on the SA orations, K?

Just noticing the instructions in the Exhortation after HU mention that prep for SA should involve doing the ST with those orations.

Thinking I might do HU for another week or two then change over
>>
>>17356519
Right back at you.

>>17356535
It's sad that you get blown the fuck out here so regularly that apparently you think it takes a physics degree to see through your flypaper-deep ideology.
>>
>>17356584
I think what I'm going to do is:
>HU through full moon
>Regular ST until New Moon
>go to SA until that next full moon
>and run the actual rite of turnsking a few days before that full moon and going back to main ST.

Also, I just found a Brill edition on nothing but Siddhis. Interesting stuff.
>>
>>17356650
Started on SHUA tonight, didn't get time for the full thing but ran through the early stages after Hallowing + ST

Interesting, the Zeroth visualisation was very clear, almost standing on its own.

Will also have to switch over to intermediate Hallowing, and begin doing it in the mornings, I've been doing the basic one before bed recently, which probably isn't that sensible given its effect.
>>
>>17356345
Absolutely, looking forward to it!
>>
>>17355841
How come you guys only use White people sources?

Does your 'Occultism' Infer like Christians that your subverted view of 'God' or God-like Consciousness is greater than all others, or are you all just White dudes/women trying to connect to your AetherMachina's (body's) highest Arcane Potential?
>>
>>17355841
> magick
Sexual magic: enjoy your anal dilatation.
as always, op is fag
>>
>>17356697
>>17356697
I've been doing Shua fora couple days, mostly on the advanced visualizations. They're good. It's a good contemplative demonstration of the underlying principles of Black Oracle and the yearly circle of rites. It's sorta what has me interested in Chod along with the kangling I'll hopefully have soon. They say advanced earth is hard to pull off but I had zero issues provided I did the final water visualization of pulling all fluid from my body...pretty easy to crumble to dust when you're mummified.

Careful you don't rumble any local dolans with your main Shua practice. It looks like the goal is to dominate the local area you're in out to a few..five or seven miles or something.

Also, found a Three Hands texts that displays images of witch jugs from a museum...took the fuckers long enough to establish historicity but there it is.
>>
How long do I have to practice yoga before I see some kind of benefit?

It's just relaxing but that's it
>>
File: 1455429038305.jpg (134 KB, 891x670) Image search: [Google]
1455429038305.jpg
134 KB, 891x670
>>17356721
What? I'm uploading material written by Tibetans and shoring up my Voodoo files with trilingual texts. I aspire to Kaula, a HIndu mode of practice.

So I dunno what you're on about.

>>17356722
K
>>
>>17356721
>white people
>hindus
>arabs
>asians

Please.

>>17356740
About 5 minutes if you're doing it right.
An eternity if you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>17356744
So the other part of my question is obfuscated by your obvious authority.

You musst have an average dick.

>>17356756
But you're all white, so what the fuck?
>>
File: 1455113265786.jpg (42 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
1455113265786.jpg
42 KB, 478x373
>>17356771
>implying I'm white
>>
>>17356771
>implying being white is bad
So what?

I don't see what you're saying. I study everything that is relevant to my practice, and I see results. If something doesn't jive with me, I just take something else.

What's your deal man?
>>
>>17356785
>Can't even speak to me directly because actual ability is beyond 'occultists'

Please, do some ignorant white kid shit summoar
>>
>>17356771
There's so weird ethnomasochism in occult circles, just like SJW circles.

Just like they cling to the hilarious fallacy of "older is better", they also cling to "non-white is better". Hence the obsession with eastern practices, shamanism, and 100% white people pretending to be Native American.

I'm not really sure why this is, as I'm not well versed in mental disorders.
>>
>>17356791
I'm not trying to attack, I really wanted to know what your Theurgy is really about, I actually appreciate your mature rhetoric.

So like, what would you say is an accurate word or phrase to replace 'God' in a normal average human as to enlighten me?

>>17356792
This is me, and Thoth, sorry you have no social skills.
>>
File: 1242786141805.jpg (151 KB, 430x615) Image search: [Google]
1242786141805.jpg
151 KB, 430x615
>>17356785
Sure are getting some interesting posters today
>>
>>17356794
Ahh a thinker... =D

Its funny because most 'white people practice' is actually forgotten, and I think the occultists try to get at that fact and I always roll them with my dying ancestor souls for retribution, and to ease tensions in general.
More modern practice is really just Hindu civilization with a merchant's twist, which really gets at the lexical differences, rather than any actual tradition.

I wonder if the same mental disorder logic can be applied to the 1% and their illogical wantonous rancor in this ecosystem.
>>
File: 1454728785436.jpg (1 MB, 1210x1800) Image search: [Google]
1454728785436.jpg
1 MB, 1210x1800
>>17356814
Weekends, m8.
>>
>>17356794
>ethnomasochism
Like what?

>cling to the hilarious fallacy of "older is better"
You mean like the Azoetia, DBoE, and basically all the content we've produced amongst ourselves?

Also fwiw my practice is directly derived from current scientific findings. So d/w/it

>cling to "non-white is better"
If it's better, it's better. The issue is that most white tech is intermingled with Jew tech, and that's intermingled with Arab tech.

For something purely white, you'd need to pick up Celtic, Germanic, Nordic or Slavic beliefs, and they're quite vague and badly preserved.

Not really unusable, but difficult to work with due to a lack of precise content.

>obsession with eastern practices
That would be correct in the wide sense, and incorrect strictly.

>shamanism
I've yet to see a person obsessed with this, unless we're talking ayahuasca, in which case, some do indeed become obsessed.

>100% white people pretending to be Native American.
I have yet to see this. Does it actually happen?

>>17356804
>I really wanted to know what your Theurgy is really about,
It's basically about achieving complete personal integration, and thus becoming the most efficient in everything. Basically what Nubti stands for.

>I actually appreciate your mature rhetoric.
The even remote suggestion that I am in any way, shape, form or extent mature is simply jarring and out of place.

>So like, what would you say is an accurate word or phrase to replace 'God' in a normal average human as to enlighten me?
The sum total of everything that isn't the observer.
>>
>>17356859
>100% white people pretending to be Native American
as a resident of burgerstan, you'd be more likely to find a four leaf clover. that rose (from 1 in a billion to one in a hundred million) during the late 70's and died in the early 90's. These days people like that just become otherkin instead
>>
Update's ready, chitlin's, what do you want me to do with 'em phampais?
>>
Bump?
>>
>>17357090
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQzNZR-LXZc

yes.
>>
>>17357090
>>17356961
What are we doing with OSOAA. Any ideas?

I was thinking about just making the domain a link to resources and libraries and stuff. Basically an occult linking thing.

Or we could give the old forum idea a try. Or we could move forward with shit?
>>
>>17357103
Ask me again when the days get long and warm. I'm starting multiple new praxes, so I don't particularly feel in much of a teaching mood atm.
>>
>>17357123
The domain is expiring in 10 days.
GD? Any ideas?
Zorak?
>>
>>17357130
You aren't in irc
>>
>>17357130
I'd appreciate it if you'd post if you'll let it expire, I still occasionally check the reading list
>>
>>17357365
Yeah, it's gon' be gone unless someone wants to pick up the bulk of the work.

'night folks.
>>
tell me exactly what is happening to my ear. how do I see this? its karmas manifested a door when i tried to chase it metaphysically, never seen that before. i hear it's actually good but what?
>>
>>17357483
Be less cryptic or be more clear or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 212x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 212x242
blind wizard seeking qt3.14 witch to self-initiate into zos kia cultus / cultus sabbati with

serious replies only

about me: 6'1'', 25 years old, white, brown eyes, brown hair, bearded, hippie, hipster, mentally ill, partially blind, struggling novelist, student of religion, philosophy, zen, chaos magic, psychedelic shamanism, and hermeticism
>>
So can the occult have influence on the probability of a solar storm if it's current prob. is 7%?
>>
>>17357755
no.
>>
>>17357771
Why
>>
>>17356859
>The sum total of everything that isn't the observer.
So you're all just too dumb for physics to explain everything? Or am I missing something?
>>
>>17357801
Because that would require a mechanism by which your actions would have an effect on the electromagnetic forces of the sun.

>>17357810
Physics is a conceptual system for describing platonic universals. In this context physics would be an attempt (albeit a very very good one) to describe a portion of god, but unless you're a materialist it would only be a partial description. In most western esoteric traditions the sum of god is not something the human can comprehend so "god" is examined in partial aspects, in this case the various gods and natural sciences.
>>
>>17357858
So God isn't everything but the observer but you still can't physics...

And do you even know what entanglement is?
>>
>>17357916
go along and read some on chaosmatrix if you wanna hear bad physics and stripped down occultism
>>
>>17357916
pls no quantum mysticism, there is only so much stupid I can handle in one day
>>
>>17357978
That would actually be genius...

But we don't need a world with free energy.
Fuck the planet...
>>
>>17358022
hmu when you create your free energy device
>>
>>17358022
I'd prefer to keep this thread about occult topics, take your poor understanding of science to /sci/
>>
>>17356859
>Also fwiw my practice is directly derived from current scientific findings. So d/w/it
wait, aren't you the tripfag cuck who believes in astrology, enochian, and thelema?
if so, toppest of kekkeroonies
>>
>>17358178
No, he's the hypnotist one.
>>
I have a question.

What is with the recent (and I don't just mean the weekend) influx of so called 'rationalists' or 'magic doesnt real' fags? Not even just in /omg/ but in the whole of /x/.

I find it difficult to believe that there would be this much concerted effort to piss on a parade without some motivating factor.

I'm actually fairly skeptically minded myself and will engage in questioning of some of the more outlandish or clearly incorrect or unsupportable theories, but the tenacity of our current crop of shitposters is somewhat more suspect isn't it? It's a lot of effort just to troll a bunch of "schizos".
>>
>>17356535
it doesn't take much to smell the bullshit, just a rationalist mind
>>
>>17358613
a truly rational mind would recognize the futility of using this forum to argue their point, and their own inadequate experience on the topic to comment. They would recognize that doing so is only wasting their own time which could be used in pursuit of more rational goals than pointless trolling.
>>
Two questions: Is this legit? https://www.reddit.com/r/thelema/comments/2gv6mj/is_this_the_real_liber_troa/

And if in the AA thereĀ“s no rigid restrictions about publishing this kind of "secret documents" as in the OTO, how is that this one in particular doesnĀ“t appear published in any place, even in the internet (rarely I found this)?
>>
>>17355841
Sorry I didnt read this. So that Liber Throa is legit.. as I asked above, how is that is so rare to found if theres no rigid restrictions as in OTO documents? Thanks.
>>
>>17356804
You are a total fag. And a complete faggot.
>>
>>17358911
>how is that is so rare to found if theres no rigid restrictions as in OTO documents?
The Caliphate sues everyone they can, basically.
>>
>>17355841
I have that Equinox Ritual, I think I found it here. I didnt know that Liber Throa was in the library.
>>
>>17358949
But Liber Throa must be in the public domain, according to its date.
>>
>>17358967
>implying the OTO cares
>>
>>17356794
>There's so weird ethnomasochism in occult circles
Because the loudest people in the "occult" are anglo-saxons who have a history of colonization and because of that, the way they relate to other cultures is by exoticising them, turning them into fetish objects. Not to mention that for "white" people that protestant background they have blinds them to the magic that was innate to their ancestors, unlike catholic countries where magic is an every day thing and syncretism is how you relate to other people's cultures.

TL;DR years of protestant masochism has turned anglosaxon "white" people into wusses whose approach to magic sucks as much as their dancing
>>
>>17358911
The notation on the cover says "not for publication". Hence why it's so rare.

>>17358949
^That.

>>17358967
>Judges applying the law
>OTO following the law
Supernal qyq, friend.

>>17358975
I was raised mostly secular and only have trace amounts of true Anglo/Saxon blood. May have some amount of Norman tho, but probably on the order of 800 years back.

Anyway instead of bitching how about you enlighten us on proper practices.
>>
>>17359014
Surely its a retarded question, but what means "qyq"?
>>
>>17359055
Lel -> kek -> qeq ->lyl ->qyq

Yes, I was pretending to be retarded.
>>
File: poland immigration.jpg (218 KB, 550x526) Image search: [Google]
poland immigration.jpg
218 KB, 550x526
>>17359066
>>17359055
Dub dubs.
>>
>>17359072
Anyway, the library's updated whether I announce or not so may as well post:

A.'.A.'.>Philosophy
The Devil's Delusion, Brill's Companion to Cicero, How About Demons?, Paranormal Experience and the Survival of Death

A.'.A.'.>Thelema
Ultimate Guide to the Thoth Tarot

>Babylon
Devils and Demons , The God Dagon in Bronze Age Syria, Sacrifice Tablets of the Worship of Baal, A Gathering of the Gods: The Power of Mesopotamian Worship.

>Chumbley>Cultus Sabbati
Children of Cain, Grimoire of Arthur Gauntlet, and Witch, Warlock, and Magician: Historical Sketches Witchcraft in England and Scotland (Gauntlet and Historical Sketches also appear in Grimoires).

>European
Cult and Koinon in Hellenistic Thessaly

>Eastern
Kali Puja (Internet and Eagle versions, short and long), Yoga Powers (Brill), The Dasanami-Samnyasis

>Eastern>Tibet
Chod in the Bon Tradition, Machig Ladron's Chod, Bonpo: Hidden Treasures, Vajra Wisdom, The Bon Religion of Tibet, Spirit Mediums and Sacred Mountains, Tibetan Songs of Realization, Wonders of the Natural Mind, Contributions to the Early Cultural History of Tibet, Heartdrops of Dharmakaya, Himalayan Tribal Tales & Oral Traditions, Tibetan Manuscripts from Dunhuang.
>>
>>17359080
>Ultimate Guide to the Thoth Tarot
Is it any good at all?
>>
>>17359080
>Eastern>Vajrayana
Consecration of Images and Stupas in Indo-Tibetan Tantric Buddhism

>Gnostic Studies
Early Egyptian Christianity,

>Grimoires
Magic Circles in the Grimoire Tradition, Jake Stratton Kent's Testamant of Cyprian the Mage vols. 1 & 2, Enchridion of Pope Leo II, Magic and Divination in Islam, The Language of Demons and Agippa's Occult Philosophy,

>Kabbalah
Studies on Astral Magic in Early Jewish Thought

>Voodoo/African
Pomba Gria (Maria Padiha), Ritual Voodoo Diagrams, Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course (questionable), Complete Ngana Formulary

Babylon's a new folder and there's a lot more than just what I listed, I extracted all the shit on Babylon that was laying around and shoved it in it's own folder.

>>17359083
I have no idea. The blurb on the cover made it seem really interesting but I've had my head up Chod's ass for like a week. Says for each card it pulls and explains um...ten symbols on each card and has hundreds of HQ close up pics. Seems solid. Crowley's Book of Thoth approached the thing as a whole, this seems to pick out individual trees in the forest.
>>
>>17359085
>Says for each card it pulls and explains um...ten symbols on each card and has hundreds of HQ close up pics.
The symbols don't seem all that useful tbqh, and Crowley went into painful detail relating what every element of each card does.

I mean, my bet is that it's going to prove to rely on the pictures alone, while the text is devoid of anything useful when compared to Crowley's book.

Also
>10 symbols
What is this, wicca 101?
>>
>>17359093
Well there are little details AC doesn't cover. Masturbation w/r/t Hermit. Oral w/r/t Tower. Why the inscription on Chariot. Why the Marseille reliance, etc., but yeah I doubt the text goes into detail. Could be good, could be trash.

Figure you'd be interested on the Brill text w/r/t Siddhis, Yoga Powers.
>>
>>17359097
>Masturbation w/r/t Hermit. Oral w/r/t Tower. Why the inscription on Chariot. Why the Marseille reliance, etc.

Those are for the most part explained in Crowley's stuff though.

>Figure you'd be interested on the Brill text w/r/t Siddhis, Yoga Powers.
Will take a look when I have some time. Been insanely busy.
>>
>>17359101
>Those are for the most part explained in Crowley's stuff though.
"Explained" is a bit extreme for some of the twilight language.

>busy
I know that feel bro, I just know you'd been looking for something comprehensive on Siddhis that wasn't incidental to the system in question. Looks like it's the only book on the subject.
>>
File: 16.jpg (39 KB, 282x412) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
39 KB, 282x412
>>17359107
>"Explained" is a bit extreme for some of the twilight language.
Honestly?
Pe -> mouth.
The imagery suggests nothing more, nothing less, than a mouth licking some good old fashioned dick, while small people are falling out of it's tip.

Also consider it's coming AFTER the Devil.

Yod -> hand.
What is in a lantern? Why is there a sperm shooting through the card?

It's like it's not obvious to anyone with two braincells.
>>
File: 09.jpg (35 KB, 285x411) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
35 KB, 285x411
>>17359118
>>
File: 15.jpg (38 KB, 284x415) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
38 KB, 284x415
>>17359121
>>
File: 1454722933855.png (86 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
1454722933855.png
86 KB, 890x890
>>17359118
>two braincells.
That's rather asking a lot from folks, m8.
>>
File: 58.jpg (33 KB, 281x413) Image search: [Google]
58.jpg
33 KB, 281x413
>>17359126
>muh patron card
I have no love for morons.
>>
Don't like magic, rituals, blah blah... my power is mine, between me and the source. Prefer spiritual programming and focused will. Need to be better. Need to be a better person in the process. Help?
>>
>>17359139
I have yet to meet a person who could tell me what "spiritual" means without devolving into incoherence.
>>
>>17359142
I'm no better. But I accept that I cant properly describe it with my conscious mind and just know what it is deeper down. Working well so far.
>>
>>17355841
How do i into practical Vajrayana? I checked the folder on the MEGA but honestly i wouldn't know where to start and i don't have the time to read everything to figure it out. What's a good starting book with beginner practices?
>>
>>17359243
I honestly have no clue because I'm not a Buddhist. Chod seems appealing but it developed outside the Vajrayana superstructure until it was brought in...

Kalachakra Tantra is a method of initiation into low impact deity devotional guided by the Dali Lama himself. There's also a text on self initiation into Vajrabhairava, which I'd approach with caution.

I also wouldn't start on those if you're a total noob to Buddhist thought.
>>
>>17359249
I do vipassana and a form of silent japa meditation and have gained quite the benefits in my everyday life, but i was mostly interested in Vajrayana because i wanted to get into the "alchemical/energetic" practices without having to deal with the annoying goodie-goodie buddhism. I guess i'll look into Chod to get a basic understanding of the practices.
>>
>>17359282
Well, Vajrayana will get you there; tantriks see no division between pure and impure. The issue arises in the Dzongchen (sp?) structure whereby the training they put you through on the way to the Vajra requires oaths of austerity that tend to be held long past entry into Vajrayana, hence symbolic practices, brass kapalas, yak bone kanglings, tulpa diddling, etc.

Frankly if you want real tantra, I'd advise going full blown Hindu but not everyone is called to the same shit.
>>
>>17356000
Mantras? Singing bowls? Voodoo music-induced transe?
>>
>>17359388
I just might, i'm really not the type for austerities, even if meditation helped greatly reduce some of my vices or rather the pull they had on me. Can you reccomend some starting point?
>>
>>17359080
>Ultimate Guide to the Thoth Tarot

Scrolled through it. Entirely worthless and absolutely forgettable.
I can with full confidence say that it is worse (which is a shock to me) than the LMD book.

I looked through the Hermit, Tower, Hanged Man and Devil, and it's like, are they even trying?

Jeez.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 202x160) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 202x160
Currently reading the Yoga Powers book, shit is cash but
>tfw you will never be able to become as small as an atom or as big as the entire universe
>>
>>17359844
There is no need for that anon.
>>
>>17359845
why not anon?
>>
>>17359853
You already are those things and not.
>>
File: 1455505850866.jpg (36 KB, 358x348) Image search: [Google]
1455505850866.jpg
36 KB, 358x348
>>17356785
I fucking knew it. Ape is a filthy, degenerate yid.
>>
>>17359878
Far from it.

>>17359855
He's already small as an atom in one place.
>>
>>17359878

JEWS ARE WITHIN THE SPURIOUS CATEGORY OF "WHITE".
>>
What are the occult consequences of remaining virgin for too long?
inb4 wizard
>>
>>17359926
You don't get to give a fuck.
>>
>>17359926
You become prison gay, like shrimp dick Crowley.
>>
>>17359953
>self-projecting
>>
File: 94b14c359468f6af4b887ffbf02364c1.jpg (366 KB, 2537x1745) Image search: [Google]
94b14c359468f6af4b887ffbf02364c1.jpg
366 KB, 2537x1745
>>17359953
As a guy facing wizardhood, I can say this is patently false.
>>
>>17359014
>I was raised mostly secular and only have trace amounts of true Anglo/Saxon blood
"anglosaxon" doesn't refer to your blood, that doesn't mean shit. that's how we call anglo speakers in some parts of the world.
Also it doesn't mean anything you were "raised secular". I was also raised secular, doesn't mean that my world view isn't tinted with the imprint of my culture, which is by large, fairly catholic.
>>
>>17359014
>Anyway instead of bitching how about you enlighten us on proper practices.
I can't. it's a cultural thing. You would have to relearn to see the world by living in a non first world country by 20 years at least before you understood what I mean.
>>
>>17359080
>>17359085
thanks for the update Thoth,
two questions:
in the easter>tibet update do you know if there is any information on shagai or any kind of astragalomancy?

also
>Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course (questionable)
Why do you refer to this as questionable? I have my own opinion, but Im curious as to yours.
>>
So... what paranormal things can you guys actually do?

Or is this just a pseudoreligious book club?
>>
>>17360156
This is about evolution.
>>
>>17359080
>Grimoire of Arthur Gauntlet

Now that's one I hadn't heard of, have you had a chance to look through it yet?

I'll be interested to see if The Greene Gospel ever leaks, no one seems to have much info on it, though Uncle Andy references it at some stage
>>
>>17360226
Yeah, it's a book of random tidbits plus folk magick that covers many grimories. Pure 'cunning folk' shit. That plus the witch jugs make me wanna give the critics a lesson on reading comprehension.

Anyway, I think I figured out why Chumbley annoys both the ritualists and the witches; after reading through tens of pages on aesthetics in Azoetia the CS system appears to be the magickal equivalent of vaporwave.
>>
>>17360315
>the CS system appears to be the magickal equivalent of vaporwave
I would want in on that if it was as effortless as listening to vaporwave.
>>
so this is more of a ma/g/ick question. I know some of you use digital devices to read your books, what device(s) are you using for .pdf.
Ive looked at a bunch of stuff and Im confused as to a good reader/tablet for pdfs
>>
>>17360329
Android phone. Works fine. For the most part I don't really read recently, unless it's studies or sci papers that I need to get higher efficiency in what I do.

I also have an e-reader, and it works just fine. I mean, e-paper is great for long reads, but I find virtually no use for it nowadays.
>>
>>17360343
>I also have an e-reader, and it works just fine.
for pdf? which e-reader?
>>
>>17358038
It would be a copyright infringement since they've been made already.

>>17358039
You mean archaeology? Ya'll can't even english the right fucking way.

>>17358574
Occultists are Magi who suck at life too much to be Indiana Jones...

>>17358920
Thanks? Your moms kinda fat though.

>>17360156
>>17360169
Its supposed to be an archaeological study on religion, except if these fags could stop pretending to be so prestigious for being delusional, they'd open an archaeology book from people who actually went to Ekesregal and studied the relics, rather than speculating from some library...

Religion in the real world began so people could be in close proximity without turning into Cain from the bible.
Considering many of their lineages, and their obvious sociability issues, they seek to rid themselves of this evolution in the brain to become 'closer to god' by emulating the brain of our less advanced ancestors through maladaptive daydreaming disorder and drugs...

>drugs
Which is funny because Chaos Magicians do just that, but the two don't seem to like each other.
>>
>>17360347
Yeah, for pdf. Though I do convert to epub because pdf is shitty on this thing; no zoom, no nothing.

It's a Vedia K10. Quite decent for all I needed of it, which is mostly reading poetry and the library books.
>>
I want a naked chick too, that's why I came to the cult. (said him, like beer was offered to join a building)
>>
File: kg.jpg (52 KB, 445x720) Image search: [Google]
kg.jpg
52 KB, 445x720
>>17360315
>after reading through tens of pages on aesthetics in Azoetia the CS system appears to be the magickal equivalent of vaporwave.

Kek, in what way?

Yeah I'm looking forward to having a personalised version of DBoE that isn't a million pages long for the simplest operation. Chumbley reeeealy liked his own writing.

Alteratively, it could be used as Cultural Learnings for Make Glorious Great Order of OSOAA, but that'd mean a bit of a structural revision of the whole AA system, which may or may not be a runner.

To my mind he seems to annoy ritualists because he comes off as le spooky wicca for hipsters (when in fact his stuff is more ritual-focused than most out there), and he annoys the Wicca crowd because they expect a warm fuzzy, Witchvox blanket, and get a ridiculously obscure book telling them to go outside and worship the devil, and read badwrong white males like Chumbley and Grant
>>
>>17360375
>Azoetia
Why does everyone suddenly have a fucking hard-on for Chumbley?
It's kinda come out of nowhere.
>>
>>17360375
>that'd mean a bit of a structural revision of the whole AA system, which may or may not be a runner.

It is.

>Chumbley reeeealy liked his own writing.

Have you considered that the reading itself is part of the magickal process?

Indirect suggestion through style and words is quite a common theme in ritual, and Crowley used it A LOT.
>>
File: Cult_of_fire.jpg (91 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Cult_of_fire.jpg
91 KB, 640x960
Haribol. I was thinking that your collection might benefit from the more esoteric works of Narayana Maharaja and the Gaudiya Math. Particularly those dealing with raganuga bhakti and manjari bhava.
>>
>>17360375
>which may or may not be a runner.
>Lodge of Black Ivory
Honest to god my India contacts have me considering strange personal deviations but that's email material.

>in what way
>The Telaesthetic Path of Mediation between the Summoner and the Summoned is the Sense which unifies and yet moves between and beyond the Five Senses of Corporeality. It it attributed to the Central Point of the Upright and Averse Pentalphic Sign and to the Palm of the Hand. The Telaesthetic Path is the Arcanum realised through the Contemplation of the Sacred Principles of Aesthesis.
>And so, being made subject to the Purity of Divine Aesthesis, the Alphabet of the Sorcerer is begotten. Thus all Sigils are written by the Hand of Man guided by the Spirit of the Ancient One :-I-: ever-becoming in the momentary exaction of the Sacred Alphabet, whose Purity of Form is transcendent of its Temporal Ciphers
>The Divine Artist must be aware of such beliefs as will confine, distort or condition the Sacred Principles of Aesthesis. He must turn to his own advantage those beliefs that offend in this matter and make full use of such faith as is contrary unto his own. By incorporating the reversal or 'Blasphemy' of a belief-structure into his own rites he overthrows its past or potential ability to establish any automatic and conditioned aesthetic response - such as may hinder or obstruct his Work. He may thus empty a belief of its value and fashion the 'Evil' of his Blasphemy into the Sanctity of 'Ritual-Sigils', thus to employ the belief as he wishes.
Etc. Also, more on Az'ra'il in Azoetia...more on everything. I've stopped trying to grok the structure of the book and it's really helping me roll with it. I highly doubt Azoetia' THAT related to DBoE - Azoetia was Chumbley's aesthetic; find yours.
>>
>>17360389
>Have you considered that the reading itself is part of the magickal process?

>Indirect suggestion through style and words is quite a common theme in ritual, and Crowley used it A LOT.

Fair point, just saying I wish he'd indirectly suggested all he needed to suggest in less than 800 pages
>>
>>17360396
>The Telaesthetic Path of Mediation between the Summoner and the Summoned is the Sense which unifies and yet moves between and beyond the Five Senses of Corporeality.
TL;DR: I can make myself hallucinate without external sensory input!

>The Telaesthetic Path is the Arcanum realised through the Contemplation of the Sacred Principles of Aesthesis.
TL;DR: how do senses work.

>And so, being made subject to the Purity of Divine Aesthesis, the Alphabet of the Sorcerer is begotten. Thus all Sigils are written by the Hand of Man guided by the Spirit of the Ancient One :-I-: ever-becoming in the momentary exaction of the Sacred Alphabet, whose Purity of Form is transcendent of its Temporal Ciphers

I.e. communication with the automatic mind is established via symbol and ritual.

>The Divine Artist must be aware of such beliefs as will confine, distort or condition the Sacred Principles of Aesthesis.

I.e. don't lose your fucking mind just because you saw shit. Stay rational.

>He must turn to his own advantage those beliefs that offend in this matter and make full use of such faith as is contrary unto his own.

I.e. the more you change, the easier it is to change further. Elasticity is learned and conditioned, not inherent.

>By incorporating the reversal or 'Blasphemy' of a belief-structure into his own rites he overthrows its past or potential ability to establish any automatic and conditioned aesthetic response - such as may hinder or obstruct his Work.

I.e. exactly what hypnotherapy does - work towards personal integration on all levels.

>He may thus empty a belief of its value and fashion the 'Evil' of his Blasphemy into the Sanctity of 'Ritual-Sigils', thus to employ the belief as he wishes.

I.e. desensitization and utilization.

>>17360398
He could, but it wouldn't be his aesthetic then.

That said, I do strongly believe that he's kinda just trolling with the being wordy thing.
>>
>>17360411
This is idiotic.
Why write for the explicit purpose of being misunderstood?
It's the zenith of anti-intellectualism.
>>
I've read condensed chaos, liber null, psyconaut and a few others. I'm looking for the book hands on chaos magic, but don't see it in the mega links. If no one has a link, is it worth buying or are there other things I should be reading?
>>
>>17360419
>Why write for the explicit purpose of being misunderstood?
No clue.

>It's the zenith of anti-intellectualism.
Entirely agreed.
>>
>>17360419
Yeah, joining a cult to become an archaeologist makes no sense.

Also, as far as the possibility of becoming more knowledgeable on the psyche, when regardless of what the fuck ancient tablets say, hasn't really fucking changed much ever, is really low.
You'd be better off making your own theories, or abstracting all the shit in a way you can manage with your precognition or astral clairvoyance... You are after all entangled to your future, so only you can tell...

But occultists don't believe in science, or energy, or force, or calling anything to do with psychology anything but some old words which can't be interpreted better than some other dead faglet.
>>
>>17360419
Occultism has no real substance. It's just a circle jerk
>>
>>17360396
>Honest to god my India contacts have me considering strange personal deviations but that's email material.
>related to Black Ivory Lodge

Hit me up, paterfamilias, just in the middle of replying to your last mail
>>
>>17360434
When you get to the bottom of all the faggy language, stupid metaphors, and cringy in-jokes, that seems to be the case.
>>
>>17360453
Anything of real substance can be described simply and straightforwardly. At the very least, they could describe the practical applications of "occultism" and the results they have experienced thereof. After all, what is more important then real results?
>>
File: 1424726167782.jpg (110 KB, 530x502) Image search: [Google]
1424726167782.jpg
110 KB, 530x502
>>17360445
>Black Ivory Lodge

My bad, Dark Ivory Lodge was the original term that appeared during KA
>>
File: Ruha Azra Qarina.jpg (256 KB, 570x836) Image search: [Google]
Ruha Azra Qarina.jpg
256 KB, 570x836
>>17360445
I won't be available for longform comment until...tomorrow evening?

>>17360431
Some of us even have degrees in archaeology ;3
>>
>>17360474
Well, considering magic isn't real, and any claim of "results" would be immediately discredited as soon as they were asked to demonstrate... it makes sense why they don't.
>>
>>17360479
>I won't be available for longform comment until...tomorrow evening?

No rush m7, I have more than enough reading to keep me occupied - really want to dig into that Practicing Gnosis book a bit more, at first glance it seemed to be written by initiates who had a clue what it was all about
>>
>>17360481
I'm open to the idea that it could exist. Almost every culture has a concept of using symbols to create changes in the world. I just doubt that these faggots have it
>>
>Dragon book of HHUEHUEHUEHUEEHU

http://isleofkahu.tumblr.com/
>>
>>17360363
>Vedia K10
oh I never heard of it. Thanks.
>>
>>17360485
Considering there's been zero progress in magic, ever, it doesn't seem likely.
>>
>>17360502
>Original art
>Azoetia sigils
That original art's by a contributor to Exu...and remarkably close to what was in my mind's eye.
>>
File: art 2.jpg (314 KB, 742x960) Image search: [Google]
art 2.jpg
314 KB, 742x960
Patrick John Larabee also seems to be producing DBoE-related art.

[won't let me post link, just google him]

Seems to have published quite a bit, too.

Intrestingly, on the fb page for his art, he has a piece inspired by Thunder, Perfect Mind. Looks like we were right about it being DBoE-relevant, K.

Pic related is his take on Lilya-Devala, afaik.

I wonder if he's a member, or just a keen admirer? It's noticeable that he's been publised by a few presses, but not Xoanon or THP. Can't figure out if Aeon Sophia are related or not.
>>
>>17360536
His books seem really watered down.

I'll take the Exu guy.
>>
File: tumblr_o1x5g3Dy371qbfbj5o2_1280.jpg (282 KB, 936x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1x5g3Dy371qbfbj5o2_1280.jpg
282 KB, 936x1280
>>17360536
Also

http://fuckyeahaltars.tumblr.com/post/138550181883/setting-up-for-the-hu-rite-from-dragon-book-of

Another of the Class of 2016. Nothing on reverse image search.

Statue of Lilya & the dragon is interesting. Tacky, but you've got to admire the effort in sourcing that.
>>
File: azha-ka.png (257 KB, 536x389) Image search: [Google]
azha-ka.png
257 KB, 536x389
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamia
>In the Latin Vulgate Book of Isaiah 34:14, Lilith is translated lamia.
>She has different conflicting origins and is described as having a human upper body from the waist up and a serpentine body from the waist down

Bravo, Chumbley-san
>>
>>17360783
Wrong reference

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith
>>
>>17357365
>>17357371
>OSOAA
>reading list
Can I have a link to this reading list, please?

For everyone else: Any reading recommendations on understanding pranayama in general? I am working up to use the exercise found in Liber E:
http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib9.html#4

It would be nice to understand why different ratios are used, what exactly it does, any safety precautions, etc. etc. Is there anything else to add to the reading list found at the bottom of this liber?
>>
>>17360821
http://osoaa.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5

>Any reading recommendations on understanding pranayama in general?
No. But the goal is this: find a rhythm. Make the rhythm automatic. While it's happening observe it, and drop suggestions to the end you want to achieve. In general, for pranayama, it's "purity". Charging up. Such things.

>safety precautions
Don't overdo it. You can get literal brain damage if you force it too far.
>>
>>17360783
Oh, also,

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norea

>Norea as Syzygy of Adam
>Norea as fallen Sophia

Lilith is also said to have been born from the same earth as Adam (as opposed to Eve, born from his rib).

Is Chumbley implying a Lilith-Sophia link here?
>>
>>17360830
You can't be an occultist without being brain damaged.
>>
>>17360836
Harsh.
>>
I don't know about You people but the best source stil is from a spirit who gives me tips. I became sort of a spiritual waiter. I serve and get tips! :D

screw weepypedia brrrrr :P
>>
>>17360479
>Some of us...
Legionnaire faggotry. There's outstanding knowledge is and of how to do things in the standard, but there are many sites left out of the public realm of science.

>>17360485
I love how people don't even realize language and even numbers came from aliens, since clearly such information is so arcane...
>>
>>17360830
>http://osoaa.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5
Thanks. It took some time to get all the material and download it; but it's there.

>Don't overdo it. You can get literal brain damage if you force it too far.
How do I know I am beginning to come to the point of over doing it? Shortness of breath and gasping for air are two things I've heard to look out for. Anything else?
>>
>>17360835
The two-fold Sophia?
>>
>>17355921
Oh just fuck off.
>>
>>17361229
>How do I know I am beginning to come to the point of over doing it?
Drowsiness and headaches. Nausea.
>>
How can I make myself believe in something? I'd very much like to believe in the occult, but I just can't seem to force myself to do it. I've made some attempts at practising Hermeticism and such, but I feel that without genuine belief behind it there's probably not much point.
>>
>>17361317
>Oh

Hi, tumblr!
>>
>>17362921
>How can I make myself believe in something?
Well, you can't consciously.

What you can do is attach positive feelings to what you want to believe, and find a way to benefit from that belief.
>>
>>17362921
>I'd very much like to believe in the occult, but I just can't seem to force myself to do it.

You could try practicing pranyama until you get brain damage. Then maybe you'll be dumb enough to believe in magic.
>>
>>17363171
Countersage :3
>>
guys there is a Paulo Coelho book in the library

in the thelema folder

Paulo Coelho

Come on, guys
>>
File: 1436530274461.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1436530274461.png
211 KB, 327x316
>>17363419
>>
So, my dog is always super hyper and insane no matter how much I play with her or take her out. She has no chill.

Is there any spooky magic shit I can do to like, project some chillness or whatever unto her?
>>
>>17356744

Ape can you please help meout ? i read jan fried and mogg from the books yougave in the megaupload but both ofthem is just stories and historyand nothing worthwhile. what should i do ?
>>
im highly skeptical but i want to believe.
sell me your shit,maybe link me to something really entry level that will give this whole occultism things some credibility.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.