[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Furthermore, I see bodhisattvas Who have perceived the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 36
"Furthermore, I see bodhisattvas
Who have perceived the essential character
Of all dharmas (phenomena) to be without duality,
Just like empty space."

The Lotus Sutra
>>
"He will not cry out or raise His voice,
Nor make His voice heard in the street.
A bruised reed He will not break
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;"

Isiah 42:2. This always struck me as having the same meaning, the Master as clear, empty.
>>
File: hotei.jpg (315 KB, 909x1154) Image search: [Google]
hotei.jpg
315 KB, 909x1154
>>17346643
Thank you. I will read that chapter in Isiah to get the context.

Basically what I think Buddha means by that quote is: everything is empty, both materially, and it's also meaningless.

Everything is neutral, and the only thing making it look any other way, is our thoughts. As long as we use the rational intellect, we'll never escape duality. In fact, it's the only thing making life *seem* dual.
>>
>>17346657
> As long as we use the rational intellect, we'll never escape duality. In fact, it's the only thing making life *seem* dual.
Just the opposite is true - everything is dual and only using your mind do you think things aren't dual.
>>
>>17346547
>Furthermore I see that Mahayana sutras smack of sectarian bias and a polemic spirit
>Furthermore average /x/phile can't even differentiate between the various sects of Buddhism
>Furthermore they haven't even read the Pali canon
>Furthermore they probably think that Buddhism is compatible with theosophy, ascended masters and other western occultist concoctions
>>
File: wtf.jpg (104 KB, 800x722) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
104 KB, 800x722
>>17346698
The mind is dual. Look at the two brain hemispheres. But I may be wrong. Can you elaborate?
>>
>>17346717
Okay, Master. You seem to have read more scriptures than me. Fine.

But I don't belong to either theosophy or new age, so at least don't put those labels on me.
>>
>>17346719
The world is real and the opposites are real. You have to convince yourself the opposites aren't real to make it seem like the opposites are neutral.

There is no making something seem dual, without the mind games, but what is automatically real is what you have to talk yourself into thinking otherwise, so saying duality is neutral is false and needs the coaxing implicit in the explanation of the person tainted with bias, in this case Buddha.
>>
>>17346547
What a faggot. Everything exists as a thought in Satan's mind. Protip: Satan created this world from nothing.
>>
>>17346752
Only someone who has a die hard belief in rational thinking and logic would think the world is dual. We're talking past each other on this subject, I think. I see the opposites, hot cold, plus minus, light dark. But for me to call those perceived opposites names, that requires the rational intellect. Those labels are mental constructions and nothing more. A child would know nothing of this, and the children are closer to truth and life than we are.

Knowledge mostly makes us dumber than children, which is sad. Jesus said to be like a child, to be reborn etc. He had a point. Make the two into one.
>>
>>17346768
I don't see how the quote in the picture contradicts your statement. Surprisingly, I agree with you.
>>
>>17346772
I agree
>>
>>17346772
Children can see duality. Labeling things for what they are is not forced on anybody, it's natural. Religious/spiritual/philosopher nonsense is unnaturally added to things and it clutters reality. If you really wanted to understand the world then you don't warp it, and that's what happens with the antidualityness. It's a prime example. I usually agree with Buddha for stuff like the nihilism but not on that.
>>
Look at Taoism as expressed in the yin yang symbol. Duality is represented by the two halves, and the whole by the circle which includes them.
>>
>>17348419
Duality is on a perception of the mind. That's the whole point of this thread. The way things appear and the way they are can be very different.
>>
>>17348447
>Duality is on a perception of the mind

tfw your hung over.
>>
File: HSI2h.jpg (176 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
HSI2h.jpg
176 KB, 1280x768
>>17346881
No, the labels are made up. They don't represent things as they are. They are mental constructions and figments of imagination. Only someone who confuses the thoughts about life with life, would think the labels represent something real.
>>
File: Alex_Grey-Dalai_Lama.jpg (251 KB, 742x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Grey-Dalai_Lama.jpg
251 KB, 742x1000
>Anticipates Buddhist to join discussion
>Sees no Buddhist
>Disappointment
>>
>>17348450
you're, you shithead.
>>
>>17348753
Anything a buddhist can say any other anon can say.
>>
>>17348823
Maybe so. I'm just curious. I mean the sad realization in life for me, was that there's nothing to realize. That's why I agree with the whole teaching of emptiness going on in Buddhism. Maybe I need to read more sutras to get a better idea, but honestly I think most scriptures (Buddhist or not) are just commentary to one very central idea of emptiness.

All religions touch on this, they just use different labels and descriptions which drown this idea in complicated rhetoric.

Emptiness, oneness, monism, neutrality. Life is meaningless, make of it what you will. Before we learned to speak we knew nothing of this bullshit. Maybe that was for the best. The tree of knowledge fucked us.
>>
File: T rex background.png (87 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
T rex background.png
87 KB, 520x390
>>17348865
Realizing that the tree of knowledge is just another vine surrounding the real tree, is what is needed.
When you climb up all of the vines, you realize what really supports them. I approached the world scientifically until I realized that botany was needed for dinosaurs, and by studying them separately one can only get a mediocre lizard beast with a ferocious demeanor. Rather than a highly adapted bird creature from the primordial grassless fern-swamps of the ancient world. Ferns that have modern descendants full of carcinogens. The dinosaurs might have relied on cancer-like cell growth, who knows. The picture is so much better from two knowledge trees. But when you climb them ALL you realize that everything is being done wrong, but they're all too busy and vain to stop and listen to a raving lunatic without degrees. Without slants, without a factor easily measured. Because they paid good money to learn to think like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1505x2649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1505x2649
In your self I am sure that you can see the Buddha who leads you to enlightenment it is important to follow the story of religious history I believe in it
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 640x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 640x499
>>17348865
If was Buddha on earth I could just describe what you worded as but a feeling that you need to avoid at all costs.
>>
Trolls
>>17346719
>>17346768
>>17348814

Also >>17346547
I find it interesting Dharma is equated to Phenomena, whereas its counterpart, Karma, is seen almost as a given as far as understanding goes.

Anti-matter physics must be a bitch.
>>
File: bayy sloth.gif (1011 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
bayy sloth.gif
1011 KB, 500x281
>>17348912
No it isn't.
It's important to climb many trees and survey the area. Go to the highest authority in any so called religion. If they don't let you. they are liars and cheats.

If they claim that it's a book, then look at it historically, and see if it matches up, if it doesn't then you have either a symbolic text or a deceitful one. And so it's not good to rely on it for truth. Keep reading other things, and eventually you see truth. The truth that sparkles.

The truth that lets black rocks turn to shiny metal. That takes you, and melts you utterly into a honed tool of the greater universe. The philosopher's stone. I am but a common person, but the truth is gold.
>>
>>17348925
Aversion sounds like resistance to me.

"Resistance is futile"
Buddha
>>
>>17348933
I didn't write the text, and I have to admit I'm somewhat confused by the different meanings of the word "dharma". The Lotus Sutra is the most well known Buddhist text.

>>17348888
Like you said, most people have invested a lot of time, effort and money into their current belief system. It would be a shame to let all that go to waste, if they'd let the emptiness consume their bullshit.
>>
>>17348991
It's only a matter of not making your bed.
It's a matter of not showing up. It's a matter of telling the truth no matter what.
It's forging the reality that you seek regardless of whether you get recognition. Artists are mindlessly browsing until they have to recall a "Neat deep idea or something" which they pull from our collective chaos. We are changing fates right as we speak, and soon things are going to shift. It's impossible to maintain a spell forever. Even this one. Regardless of how many sacrifices have been made, the floodgates of knowledge are open, and merchantry is it's sluice stones, soon to be eroded eventually , but functioning as is needed now.
>>
File: image.jpg (289 KB, 1226x928) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289 KB, 1226x928
>>17348938
I can just talk it I think that proves something here you need to accept that Buddha and krishna and christ teach was teaching work I can avoid the concept of God at least also using the word religion in the public eye if that is how you feel but when I am performing miracles and recieving commandments Issuing curses I expect you to make believe it is true because my message is real~ sex slave ring = 10 scourges turn to goddess come passover she would be moved and so would
>>
>>17348578
Problem is they aren't figments of the imagination - they're made up of real matter, and you have to play the mind games to say they don't matter and/or don't have definition when they do.

Like I said the previous post: Yes to Buddha on Nihilism - No to Buddha on playing mind games with reality. It's hard to believe somebody could be right on one thing but so wrong on something else.
>>
Daily reminder that religion threads belong on
>>>/his/
>>
I think emptiness is really so that you can see your mind like an endless sky with no clouds. This vast infinite peace and beauty.

If you develop your heart and love, then you can feel and see the wonders of spirit.
>>
>>17348865
>meaningless
Buddhahood is the entire opposite of meaninglessness. Being in the truth and saving beings who are not is the meaning of the life.
>>
>>17349321
Matter is just a label that you put on everything that seems to be something other than mind. What I say is not mind games, it's you who are playing mind games. Actual what? Are you sure it's actual matter, or is that just what you call the phenomenon?

Experience is one thing. I'm not denying the experience (and consequences) of what you call matter, but I'm denying that it's actual matter.
>>
>>17349496
>saving beings who are not
What beings? There are no beings. I cannot respect a Buddhist who is still trapped thinking that there are separate lives.
>>
File: tumblr_nyfcwzooxZ1v04fz5o1_540.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyfcwzooxZ1v04fz5o1_540.gif
1 MB, 540x540
>>17350785
How would you describe our ultimate nature? I agree with you so far, but I'm curious. I would describe it as an infinite void, in which mind (Buddha) arises, in which the dream that is the universe takes place.

I have two quotes from the Mahaparinirvana sutra:

"The ignorant cannot know what the Buddha says.
By ignorance, the wheel of birth and death turns."

"If a person is able truly to discern
That his/ her intrinsic being possesses the Buddha-dhatu [Buddha-Nature],
Then you should know that such a person
Will enter into the Secret Matrix [ = the Tathagatagarbha].
That person who knows the Self [atman] and what belongs to the Self [atmiya]
Has already transcended the mundane world."

Buddha
Mahaparinirvana
>>
>>17350785
>a Buddhist
dafuq.jpg

>What beings? There are no beings.
Nor there is one being. No plural nor singular. If you know a word neither in the plural nor singular form please feel free to provide it to us, but until then we have to deal with our limited language.
>>
Original:

http://img1.mxstatic.com/wallpapers/1d01e089f862481beb571525a1119c54_large.jpeg
>>
File: 1441492803307.jpg (405 KB, 1007x1163) Image search: [Google]
1441492803307.jpg
405 KB, 1007x1163
>>17352476
>No word for neither plural nor singular

Emptiness. Neutral.
>>
>>17346547
i don´t understand why buddhists love the void so much. why can´t they be more like christians and worship the fullness?
>>
>>17353066
because the void does a thing for the human soul.
>>
>>17353076
and god doesn´t?
>>
>>17346728
why is jesus and krishna chilling with some fat chineese pedo
>>
File: Cundi7.jpg (709 KB, 1500x2250) Image search: [Google]
Cundi7.jpg
709 KB, 1500x2250
>>17353124
>Not seeing the connection between emptiness and God.

They're the same thing. That's why you could say God doesn't give a shit about us, and that's also why evil exists. Because the void lacks intelligence, and the only mind there is, is the one we consist of as a collective.
>>
>>17346717
>muh pure oriental wisdom
Honestly, "real" Buddhism is probably stupider than theosophy.
>>
>>17353264
im just worried that the void misguides people around heaven. "the light is a trap"
>>
>>17353314
Maybe the light isn't a trap, and maybe it is. The sad thing is you can never know until you pass through it, and when you do it might be too late. Your mind might be reformatted and reused in a new body, which doesn't remember jack shit and goes through the same process all over again.

The opposite might be true. If you don't go into the light, but instead stay in the void, you might be fragmented so completely that you get deleted forever. Who knows? I don't. I'll have to think about this.
>>
File: 1309822030854.jpg (49 KB, 500x699) Image search: [Google]
1309822030854.jpg
49 KB, 500x699
>>17353800
You guys are missing the point. You should be ready for anything. Death and rebirth, shitposts and cancer. You need peace within your soul. let it grow like a spiral, then after a while you become the god that you dream of. But first you must rise every day like the sun, and bow gracefully like the moon. You need to be okay with patience and sitting alone in rooms. Because nobody knows what happens, but only Tathagata is ready for it all. Only you can become the Buddha. Only you can prevent-ego fires. Only you can decide not to do wrongdoing collectively until wrongdoing is gone. Infinite universe, you can and will walk in every conceivable pair of shoes. For a mile sometimes, or a millennia. Learn to accept it. Learn to love it sometimes, like a bad movie, with all it's overacting.
>>
>>17352321
I'm not Buddhist, and thus I don't think it is relevant what my conception is.

>I would describe it as an infinite void
This is what is relevant. The logical progression from this is that compassion is as nonsensical as violence. Any suffering - or rather person you determine to be suffering you see has no lasting substance.

>>17352476
>Nor there is one being. No plural nor singular.
Again, because the conception is Voidism. There is nothing, but sometimes there is something rippling through nothing.

My point is that "and be compassionate" is an illogical injection into that line of thinking. If our ultimate nature is infinite void, if there are not beings nor being, if tattva is emptiness, then apathy is the proper attitude, not compassion.

>>17353972
> Only you can become the Buddha.
You're already Buddha.

>Learn to accept it. Learn to love it sometimes
Why? Doesn't matter if you do or don't. Scream at it and kick it in the fucking balls. Shoot it before throwing it out of a plane. Sound and fury signifying nothing.
>>
>>17354775
>There is nothing
I've read countless buddhist masters, and the Buddha himself, saying this is the complete opposite of his teaching. Sunyata doesn't mean emptiness, we say emptiness because our language can't do better, but Sunyata is the complete opposite of nothingness.
And yes, compassion is illogical. Logic is duality.
>>
>>17353972
Shut up. This is the kindof new age garble that's fucking with Buddhism nowadays.
>>
>>17353800
>The sad thing is you can never know until you pass through it
It is preknown through empirical, philosophical speculation which is contemplation.
>>
>>17354775
>You're already Buddha.

"For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many.
>>
>>17354988
>Śūnyatā (Sanskrit, also shunyata; Pali: suññatā), translated into English as emptiness, voidness,[1] openness,[2] spaciousness, or vacuity
>>
>>17355137
>translated into English
>translated
>trusting rough translations more than master Buddha
>>
>>17355109
If Buddhism can't produce dharma, why can't others try?

>>17354988
Logic is knowing that there's much more inside things than meets the eye. Much more than what our eyes can see. There are colors that evade us, but we know they exist. Souls evade us, but it's only logical that there's something.
That something is emptiness. That emptiness is something, it's the base in which everything is built on. The number of zeroes makes the numbers these days. The number of emptiness, is used as a placeholder. A placeholder for things too big for you or me to write it down.

>>17355132
Sure, you all have the potential to become buddha, but this isn't guaranteed. You all have the potential to study the dharma everyday, but do you? You all have the potential to lay in bed all day. You have the potential to do a lot of stuff.
>>
>>17354988
>Sunyata doesn't mean emptiness, we say emptiness because our language can't do better

This is bullshit. We use a living language. If it "can't do better" (it can), then we create a word to fill the niche. If
>emptiness, voidness,[1] openness,[2] spaciousness, or vacuity
doesn't work for you, then just USE THE WORD Sunyata and define it better.

But this is moot, as all you've done with this response is to show Buddhists can't agree on even the meaning of the words they use.

>>17355148
More of this idiocy. The English language is one of the most descriptive languages ever spoken, and can be argued to have more words than any other language. And - again - English is a living language; new words are coined all the time. There are around 350K recognized Sanskrit words in its lexicon. There are over 1 million words in English.

If you can't describe something in English, then you don't understand that something.
>>
File: ShakyamuniBuddha4.gif (498 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
ShakyamuniBuddha4.gif
498 KB, 550x600
>>17355137
Thumbs up.

>>17355127
Speculation and contemplation is just fantasy. You can never really know anything for sure. You can't know anything without experience. Contemplation alone won't do it.

>>17355449
>A placeholder for things too big for you or me to write it down.

YES!
>>
So many misconceptions and nonsense in this thread. Emptiness (Sunyata) just means that every piece of reality is empty of inherent existence. In other words when we see a flower we think 'flower' as a conceptual imputation but we fail to see the the role of the sun, rain and earth in the flowers existence. The flower doesn't have its own separate existence. Emptiness is not nothingness, or a view of the world as meaningless!

Now, lots and lots of nonsense about duality in this thread so let me just quote Padmasambhava, from 'the introduction to awareness'
"There is no duality between the object of meditation and the meditator, without meditating on the object of meditation, search for the meditator! Though one searches for the meditator, none will be found. So, at that instant one will be brought to the exhaustion point of meditation"
In other words, when awareness is absorbed into an object (such as breath), both observer and observed become unified. This is called 'the view' in Tibetan Buddhism. Padmasabhava called the view (or Rigpa) atemporal buddhahood. Why is this? Because when awareness is absorbed into an object the mind settles down and stops ruminating on the past, projecting fears about the future and is completely at home in the present...i.e (temporary) buddhahood is achieved. Try it for yourself! When buddha achieved 'enlightenment', he said he gained nothing. He just woke up and stopped fucking with himself through maintaining rigpa (the view), thereby not returning to samsara (illusion).
>>
>>17346698
Physically that's wrong.
>>
>>17355753
>Speculation and contemplation is just fantasy. You can never really know anything for sure. You can't know anything without experience. Contemplation alone won't do it.

You're wrong.
>>
>>17355928
Sunyata means sameness. Everything is undifferentiated from its source. All is all.
>>
>>17355928
That thing you quoted. I don't trust it.
>>
File: vajrayogini2006A.jpg (2 MB, 1094x1500) Image search: [Google]
vajrayogini2006A.jpg
2 MB, 1094x1500
>>17346547
All visualization is imagination,
All imagination is appearance or emptiness,
Without attachment to appearance or emptiness as real,
Rest without fixation or focus.

Death and no death these are also imagined,
In the expanse of equality there is neither death nor no death.
The same with light and dark and gods and demons,
The expanse of equality is all there is.
I have never seen a single thing that's real...
>>
>>17356050
Sounds much like Tilopa's Mahamudra instruction verses to Naropa
>>
File: tib.jpg (13 KB, 180x279) Image search: [Google]
tib.jpg
13 KB, 180x279
>>17356035
Not really friend. The Sanskrit 'sunya' has its closest english synonyms in 'empty' and 'void'. 'ta' is 'ness'; so 'sunya-ta'. But yeah you are right ultimately; if everything is empty of inherent existence, this hints at the sameness or interwoven nature of reality. >>17356037
You don't trust it? The quote I got from my own copy of the Tibetan book of the dead in 'natural liberation through naked perception'.
Not sure of which aspect you don't trust but Padmasambhava does a good job of making really esoteric concepts fairly understandable, especially in 'natural liberation..'. My copy is pic related if you're interested.
>>
File: 0607_5_w_text.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
0607_5_w_text.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>17356050
Excellent. Thank you.
>>
>>17346698

Everything is. You are associating 1 thing with another. Dualism and non attachment are both just concepts.
>>
>>17348865

Sit down in zazen. Youve come to sad conclusions. Life is magical.
>>
>>17353303

Buddy, I don't like to call people out, but for your own benefit in future social situations, the pretentious i know better than you shtick your post reeks of is gonna suck.
>>
>>17354775

Too many words. No mind
>>
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 640x640
"So I say to you -

This is how to contemplate our conditioned existence in this fleeting world:"

"Like a tiny drop of dew, or a bubble floating in a stream;
Like a flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
Or a flickering lamp, an illusion, a phantom, or a dream."

"So is all conditioned existence to be seen."

Thus spoke Buddha.
>>
>>17358031
It's not pretentious when you actually do know better than others.
>>
>>17358046

>muh pure oriental wisdom Honestly, "real" Buddhism is probably stupider than theosophy.

Your choice of words gives you away. You know blurbs you vaguely remember from some text you read on theosophy and thats the extent of your value.

Decrying someone's expression with an air of superiority regarding something you admit to not knowing about also shows who you are.
>>
Illuminati checking in. You're all un-enlightened.
>>
>>17358063
Gives what away? I have read about Buddhism and Theosophy. I'm not feigning anything. I'm sorry if my comment offends your oriental fetishism.
>>
>>
>>17358063
I'm sceptical as to what theosophy actually knows about anything. I've read some of their books, i.e. a few by Charles W. Leadbeater. Tbh, they know a lot about religious symbolism, but that doesn't mean they know anything about God. What is there to know? Probably nothing, and the ones who think they know are the most clueless.
>>
Jimi Hendrix is the direct link between man and God. That's all you get from me.
>>
What are your thoughts on the many people who think they're the next Christ or Buddha? What would qualify a person for that position?
>>
>>17358090

Stop embarassing yourself.
>>
>>17361045

Good post, friend.

The more I know, the more I realize I know nothing.
>>
>>17361695
>>17361695
Christ is internal. Christ even stated that the Kingdom of Heaven is within you.

Also, Buddha exist in the mind, The Buddha cannot exist externally.
>>
duality is illusion.
anyone can rainbow body to 7D if they devote their lives to it.
>>
>>17361822
Look into practices of Buddhist countries. I find more rationality in Blavatsky than in all the superstitious charms and rituas of so-called "real" buddhism. But then again you're probably so "detached" you only read "pure" dharma from monks...
>>17361695
Never read him. But funny how one uses ego to speak of egolessness.
>>
>>17361926
meant to quote >>17361045 the second time
>>
File: Maitreya.jpg (41 KB, 250x376) Image search: [Google]
Maitreya.jpg
41 KB, 250x376
>>17361695
I know the next Buddha. God is everything, and yet many people reject him. It's the same thing with enlightened beings. Many people reject the next Buddha, because it is a world of Darkness.
He has currently a small group of devotees around him. He will reveal himself to the entire world when we'll be ready.
>>
>>17361695
The first Christy isn't even gone yet. Christ and buddha id's jusjust the title of the first enlightened person of an age. After a buddha and more Buddha's are made through his racing but only the first of an age is the original savior.

I am like Christ but i am not The christ. Just a disciple in his line. It doesn't matter though. I don't need praise or his burden. I'I'll have the same reward as him from my father.
>>
File: 14438322599951.jpg (744 KB, 1576x2358) Image search: [Google]
14438322599951.jpg
744 KB, 1576x2358
>>17363425
I doubt it.
>>
>>17362802
Interesting. I don't mean to pry or reveal this guy, but can you at least tell me which country he lives in? Are you talking about Maitreya? Any significant differences in his teaching, compared to what's usually taught?

>>17361847
Agreed. Well said.

>>17361926
Theosophy might be "rational", but that's just it. It's us westerners traveling to India and getting fooled by all sorts of gurus, misinterpreting sacred texts, and trying to fit it all into some kind of logical framework. After all the esoteric literature I've read, I feel more like an ant than anything else. They belittle people, and while I can agree with them on many things, the overall tone is very similar to Christian doctrine. Behave, or suffer the consequences. As if God cared about morality.
>>
>>17363737
>Interesting. I don't mean to pry or reveal this guy, but can you at least tell me which country he lives in? Are you talking about Maitreya? Any significant differences in his teaching, compared to what's usually taught?

I could tell you where he is, he's not hidden. He has actually already revealed himself to the world years ago. But he's so pure and powerful that you don't want to accept him. Even me his disciple since 3 years I've struggle. He is God himself, more powerful than Jesus. World has not accepted his presence. What I personally understood is we need to pass through a purification process. Then at some point, the entire world will know.
He's in Asia, known in his country and thousands international devotees. His physic looks very much like the pic of my first post. He says he can't tell for the moment whether he is a Buddha or not. He calls himself The Guru. I know he is, he doesn't says because we need strength to stand this information. But I don't think it's a sin to give these indications here. Said in his first speech "spread the word", it's just that I don't want to reveal him too easily, I spread the word Maitreya then it's up to one to find him. He says his Dharma is a complete new one. It is not Buddhism. He is the messiah waited by all religions, so his Dharma is the Master Path with the essence of all religions inside. I think one can find him very easily, just by having respect and faith towards Maitreya. Each living being on the planet feels his presence, waves of his love flow around the earth.
There is only one truth so his Dharma is similar to many others. But that one is centered on Love, Maitreya means Lord of Love. Humans will access the fifth dimension, that of love. That's why God sent Buddha of Love.
>>
>>17348865
How to misunderstand Mahayana Buddhism 101.
Nagarjuna made is extremely clear that emptiness is neither eternalism nor nihilism.
By the way, you know that another term for emptiness is tathata (sanskrit "suchness") or "isness"? So much for your nihilistic interpretation.

>There's nothing to realize

But you're still a self that suffers because it thinks it's real and that it will die one day. There's nothing to realize because there's no one to realize it in the first place. Emptiness is not an experience; it's a state - your true state - and you're never something different from it. The perception that you are something else is the fundamental fault that makes you suffer through life. Once you get who you are, you'll see the main joke - you were always that, and it could never have been any other way. Are fish aware of the water? That's the whole nothing to realize thing, according to Mahayana and Vajarayana philosophy, not your juvenile nihilistic perception.
>>
>>17363737
>As if God cared about morality.

In the gita, at least, material morality is important and cared for. Not because the actions are important, but because the wise follow duty as an example.

>Bg 3.17 — But for one who takes pleasure in the Self, whose human life is one of self-realization, and who is satisfied in the Self only, fully satiated – for him there is no duty.
>Bg 3.18 — A self-realized man has no purpose to fulfill in the discharge of his prescribed duties, nor has he any reason not to perform such work. Nor has he any need to depend on any other living being.
>Bg 3.19 — Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities, one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without attachment one attains the Supreme.
>Bg 3.20 — Kings such as Janaka attained perfection solely by performance of prescribed duties. Therefore, just for the sake of educating the people in general, you should perform your work.
>Bg 3.21 — Whatever action a great man performs, common men follow. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.
>Bg 3.22 — O son of Pṛthā, there is no work prescribed for Me within all the three planetary systems. Nor am I in want of anything, nor have I a need to obtain anything – and yet I am engaged in prescribed duties.
>Bg 3.23 — For if I ever failed to engage in carefully performing prescribed duties, O Pārtha, certainly all men would follow My path.
>Bg 3.24 — If I did not perform prescribed duties, all these worlds would be put to ruination. I would be the cause of creating unwanted population, and I would thereby destroy the peace of all living beings.
>Bg 3.25 — As the ignorant perform their duties with attachment to results, the learned may similarly act, but without attachment, for the sake of leading people on the right path.

In other words, God doesn't care about morality, but he cares about whether you love Him enough to act according to what He's asked.
>>
Whatever you motherfuckers believe in is irrelevant to me, let's just make this world liveable for everyone regardless of what 2deep4u religion you believe in, capish?
>>
File: abyssorly.jpg (29 KB, 438x400) Image search: [Google]
abyssorly.jpg
29 KB, 438x400
>>17364092
>>17364119
If I don't exist, then what obligations do I really have? If I live or die makes no difference, and God is Void so I hardly think "He" gives a shit about what I do. Or wait, I guess you could say "He" does care about me, since I care about me.

I know I don't exist, and the whole universe is an assembled ghost of a mirage. The parts in the assembly are Void, and meaningless. The whole thing is a dream. Why would anything in it be of any significance? Why would God actually give a flying fuck? Why would a schizophrenic psychopath, who entertains "himself" by creating this mess, care about anything?

>Juvenile

You think I'm juvenile? I think it's juvenile to judge someone's whole character based on a couple of sentences, which by the way, may have been interpreted in a different way than they were meant.
>>
File: buddha_quote.jpg (269 KB, 900x1125) Image search: [Google]
buddha_quote.jpg
269 KB, 900x1125
>>17364593

To further strengthen my point. A quote from the Mahaparinirvana sutra:

"The thought of Self regarding non-Self, and the thought of non-Self regarding Self, are inversions. The people of the world say that there is Self, and within Buddhism, too, we say that there is Self. The people of the world say that there is Self, but there is no Buddha-Nature. This is having the idea of Self in [what is] non-Self. This is an inversion. "The Self spoken of in Buddhism is the Buddha-Nature." The people of the world say that there is no Self in Buddhism. This is the idea of the non-Self in the Self. "It is definite that there is no Self in the Buddhist teaching. That is why the Tathagata tells his disciples to practise selflessness." If such is said, this is an inversion. This is the third inversion.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.