[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting started in the paranormal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Dice-d20-Opaque2.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Dice-d20-Opaque2.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
Hi. I've been reading about rituals and sikimar stuff, but I'm kind of skeptical when it comes to the paranormal stuff. Still, I'm very interested in trying some ritual, because I believe whatever I can see with my own eyes.

Is there a simple procedure/ritual that can help me see? Literally anything will do, be it Magick, summoning a ghost, a Satanic ritual. Anything that can be considered the "Hello World" of the paranormal.

Thanks in advance
>>
Nice d20 you fucking idiot rube.
/x/ is a wasteland don't bother coming here.
>>
>>17346419
Thanks for caring!
>>
>>17346397
>the "Hello World" of the paranormal.

This is an interesting request. You are comparing the paranormal, and magic and ritual to a programming language, and you are looking for the most rudimentary example, to give you the most basic input>output the 'language' can offer? Why do you presume that magic or the supernatural operates in such a deterministic and programmable way?
>>
>>17346445
we'll, there has gotta be an analogy. A lvl 0 spell, one with a low level of risk and which can give some results.
>>
>>17346470
Why would you presume that a roleplaying game is a reasonable analogy?

I understand what you're asking for, the problem is your demand for the guarantee of results, it doesnt really work that way.

Ok.... we need to keep it simple. So let's go sympathetic magic. Talismanic.

When you were a child, what were you afraid of? Not something tangible, something non-tangible, irrational, the monster under the bed, the boogeyman, something like that.
>>
>>17346445
OP here, and that's exactly what I meant.

Like, whenever I learn a new programming language I write a "Tic Tac Toe" using it to learn the basics.

I don't really know what to expect from rituals, but I thought that in order for something to be knows as a ritual, it must be possible to reproduce it following a number of steps.

Not sure if I'm correct though
>>
>>17346470
>>17346487

I didn't really mean it as role playing game, but level 0 spell sounds about right.
>>
>>17346507
you can reproduce the ritual easily enough, head over to the /omg/ for a ton of books with ritual instructions and knowledgeable people.

Again however as in:
>>17346487
If youre looking for the simplest possible ritual with GUARANTEED results, you're going to be looking for a long time, that's not how this works. Magic, and the occult is very real, but nobody is throwing fireballs or conjuring physical demons to carry their bags of holding or making balls of light.

If you can keep an open mind long enough to realize that what popular media has taught you that magic is, is incorrect, but that it is real and can have an effect on you, then we have stuff to talk about.

If you are looking at it through the lense of "how do I make visible magic I can quantify and test" then this is going to be problematic.
>>
>>17346517
answer my question, and Ill answer yours.
>>
>>17346529

When I was a kid I was afraid of the dark. I would also "see" the silhouette of a "dead woman" in my closet.

I was also really shocked by the movie "The Ring"
>>
>>17346562
ok good, cool.
So, in the dark, what did you, or your parents do to make you feel better? Did you have a teddy bear? did you check under the bed and turn all the lights on, then off again? did your parents do a walkthrough of your room? The silhouette of the dead woman... did you have some specific thing you did to calm your nerves or allow you to sleep when you had the experience?
>>
>>17346571

I surrounded my self with stuffed animals. Literally, I would put each of them to ward every side of the bed, tell them to take care of me while I was sleeping, and fell asleep instantly.

I though they would wake up as soon as I fell sleep, and trusted them with my life
>>
>>17346397

meditating, drugs, lucid dreams
>>
>>17346598
>ward every side of the bed
> take care of me while I was sleeping
>I though they would wake up as soon as I fell sleep, and trusted them with my life

Congratulations, you have already performed your first act of magic, and it worked, you fell asleep immediately. Heck you even used the magical term of "ward" that's precisely what you did.

So THERE is your "hello world".

We both know that rationally, the teddy bears did nothing, they were stuffed animals, but to your childhood self, that made no difference. The truth is, we dont change a whole lot as adults, we understand rational thought, we understand science, we understand cause and effect, mostly, we understand that the boogyman doesnt live in the closet, and that we are not in danger from the dark itself.

However in those times where we are not certain, where we are being irrational and dont care, there is magic.

You have already proven that magic works by showing its effect on your young self by warding yourself with talismanic servitors in your stuffed animals. The question you need to ask NOW is if there is anything in your adult life that requires further magic.
>>
File: 21BEELZEBUB.jpg (36 KB, 354x354) Image search: [Google]
21BEELZEBUB.jpg
36 KB, 354x354
>>
>>17346658
Thanks for your answers!
I think I caught a glimpse of what magic means in real life. I will further study the subject, but with a different mindset.
>>
>>17346524
>Magic, and the occult is very real, but nobody is throwing fireballs or conjuring physical demons to carry their bags of holding or making balls of light.

Well what DOES magick do?
>>
>>17346691
see:
>>17346658

Its 2016, we are all aware of real science. We understand the rational secular world. We know there's no boogyman in the closet, we know that fiction is fiction and reality is reality. But there are times in everyones life where precisely none of that fucking matters. Weve all carried good luck charms, weve all felt the need for personal growth that didnt really make sense, weve all been afraid of things that are irrational, even though we KNOW theyre irrational.

We all engage in nonsense once in awhile, and while there is psychotherapy, hypnosis and other secular "non-spooky" techniques, they are all very rational, and make a lot of sense. Sometimes we have problems that arent rational and dont make sense. In those instances, a rational solution may not work.

Welcome to magic.
>>
>>17346658
Not OP, but very interested in this because of what you're saying and I have a question.
When I was little, my grandma was somewhat religious and sometimes before I went to sleep, he told me to recite a "chant" about my guardian angel so I would be safe.
Since a couple of years now, when I'm scared of "something" that would be considered irrational, as you say, I remember my grandma and recite this in my mind and, even though it doesn't makes me feel a lot better better, it never has happened something paranormal. According to what you're saying, is this considered "magic"? Thanks
>>
File: Hatsune Miku.png (520 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Hatsune Miku.png
520 KB, 1024x768
Don't curse me silly bois
>>
File: 1437342723809.jpg (46 KB, 447x118) Image search: [Google]
1437342723809.jpg
46 KB, 447x118
>>
Not Op here, but i want to make a question. I want to try the Goetia, but i never done a ritual before, should i go for it or should i go for something different to start? I don't really know where to start, someone could tell me how can i get started in rituals?
>>
>>17346487
I was afraid of pic related. Once I grew up a little, the Chupacabra was my greatest fear. I'm not even Latinamerican, but still I thought that It could appear on my house anyday.

go ahead
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1920x1080
>>17349224
forgot pic related
>>
>>17346703
>>17346658
However, by summoning things like in the goetia or other demons through ouija, rituals or others, you can achieve very physical and determinant results. That doesn't fit on the "change yourself" or the "feel better" categories. Are you telling me that those teddy bears and summoning a demon are the same kind of thing in some way?
>>
>>17346397
don't bother, magic doesn't real

if it was someone would have already claimed his prize
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prizes_for_evidence_of_the_paranormal
>>
>>17346397
Meditating. It's easy and produces quick results. Harvard confirms it leads to increased grey matter in the brain when done routinely for weeks/months.

Note: if a paranormal hello world takes months for results, are you ready for anything else?
>>
>>17349386
Definitely. I will start with "Mindfulness".

I'm also making a Tarot deck using Magic The Gathering cards to represent each of the cards.
>>
>>17350782
Please post it, I would love to see this.
>>
>>17347229
this is magic, yes, in this case specifically its even got many many adult practitioners just like you doing little rituals to angelic beings for protection, you're not alone. Theres several schools you can look into if youd like to know more, /omg/ can help you out with Theurgy, hermetic kabbalah or even some of the low magics of hexmeister, powow, or hoodoo if youre of a christian denomination.

>>17349224
like I said up in:
>>17346658
These childhood rituals are our first magical acts. We 'outgrow' them because we feel they are nonsense, which many times they are. However we dont seem to outgrow nonsense problems, just nonsense solutions.

>>17349260
>by summoning things like in the goetia or other demons through ouija, rituals or others, you can achieve very physical and determinant results.

Can you now? I'd like to see that. Im not saying you can't but Id definitely like to see it. Also I disagree that even if you could, that it doesnt fir the change yourself and the feel better categories? why are those mutually exclusive in your view?

>Are you telling me that those teddy bears and summoning a demon are the same kind of thing in some way?
I'm not saying that, at least not directly, though that's an interesting inference. I think it's open to interpretation and your opinion on thoughtforms and their manifestations. What do you think?

>>17350782
>Tarot deck using Magic The Gathering cards
yeah post it here and/or over on /div/ Id love to see that, even if its just a card list.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.