[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More discussion needed of the Greek Laptop Statue. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
More discussion needed of the Greek Laptop Statue. It's the most compelling proof I've seen of time travel in quite some time.

You can even see the USB ports.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3430610/Is-ancient-Greek-statue-proof-time-travel-Claims-sculpture-shows-laptop-USB-ports-point-tablet-just-one-wax.html
>>
>>17317772
yeah, no way it could just be a shallow box with two holes in it. Let me just plug this flash drive into my circular usb ports.
>>
> tfw when no slave to hold laptop
>>
>>17317772
"the object is a wax tablet that ancient Greeks used for writing with a stylus or pen"
>>
>>17317791
Nice try, disinfo agent
>>
>>17317798
its in the article (you?) posted retard.
>>
>>17317825
You're missing a comma in your sentence, so who is the retard, retard? Learn how to write.
>>
>>17317866
where's that period guy?
>>
But there's a giant hashtag in the back and a very stylized rendition of the Twitter bird in the arm support. How is this not for real?
>>
>>17317881
Who are you calling a "period guy", period guy?
>>
>>17317902
I'm, simply, pointing, out, the, hypocracy my friend.
>>
>>17317772
why would the USB ports be round and carved so deep into the relief? Seems more likely those holes were bored in order to support something else, such as a shelf.

Which would be a pretty cool place for a shelf if the object in question is what I think it is, which is some sort of a vanity/compact, the top lid is a mirror, makeup and perfumes are in the lower part. The woman is being attended to by her attendant, it would make sense for that to be exactly what it is, and a cool place for a shelf for someones actual makeup and other things.
>>
>>17317946
>this
Did this, how did this woman from the fifties somehow get ultra high tech mini computer complete with touch technology that wasn't even invented until nintendo in 2005?
>>
>>17317903
you sound like a real fun dude to hang out with
>>
>>17317791
stylus means basically means pen in latin you retard.

that's clearly either a mirror or a box.
>>
>>17317960
Looks like a 3ds.

I'm convinced, computers were created by forward time traveler .
>>
>>17317975
And I'm sure people love when you go to parties and call everyone sheep.
>>17317979
I wasn't implying otherwise. It could definitely a mirror or a box. If it were a wax tablet used for temporarily and quickly taking notes or recording data, the design would make perfect sense. The function of the upper lid would probably be to keep the wax protected from contacting other objects which might scratch or smudge it, thus erasing the writing on it.
>>
File: scriblyscrably.png (2 MB, 1274x1306) Image search: [Google]
scriblyscrably.png
2 MB, 1274x1306
>>17317979
>>17317999
And just for clarification, this is the image depicting the stylus in question.
>>
File: wax-tablet-and-stylus.jpg (57 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
wax-tablet-and-stylus.jpg
57 KB, 650x488
You're officially all retarded
Congratulations
>>
mostly the biggest things we stole from our own future and made earlier, was the record player, beer brewing equipment, cars, and various plane engines. just the essentials man.
:)
>>
>>17318132
Woah man where did you get that ancient windows phone?
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
even if it wasn't a wax tablet, it could easily be a open box of jewelry or other display type thing, which, glass and plastic manufacture notwithstanding, would be a lot more common back then than a laptop would be.

this whole meme is bait, stick to the Antikythera device and Atlantis ruins
>>
>>17317772
God damn you're projecting so hard your forehead can be used to show a PowerPoint presentation.
>>
>>17318132
Not delicious poptarts. Dissapoint. :(
>>
File: image.jpg (360 KB, 595x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
360 KB, 595x850
Where is the spirit gone? It will be a pleasure for me to crack your sceptic minds, yum yum!
>>
It's the custody of a necklace or some other jewel.
>>
>>17319309
Crack like egg? Delicious Tbh senpai
>>
>>17317772
>at domus
>check last tweets from Leonidas
>awshit.jpeg
>>
>>17317772
Looks more like sound ports to me, but whatever.

The issue with "proof" like that is that it can easily be dismissed as a hoax, no matter how real it seems. We need time travel to the present before it can be publicly acknowledged as evidence of the immediate future.
>>
>>17317791
Sounds like an electronic device to me. Probably uses e-ink. I'd have to take a closer look at the research that indicates it was a wax tablet rather than a tablet that shined as if made of wax. Shiny objects are actually pretty distinctive of plastic era technology. Wax is one of the few artificial shiny substances other than refine metals, and plastic wouldn't be confused for a metal.
>>
O man the retardation is real here, you guys will literally grasp at fucking anything to make it seem out of ordinary.

"Clearly has to be a laptop, nothing other than a laptop has holes on the side of it in that shape herp derp derp derp derp"
>>
>>17317946
This is exactly what I thought, mirror etc. DK why, know shit about Greeks, just came to me.
>>
>>17319765
But isn't the resemblance quite uncanny anyway?
>>
>>17320828
No not really, looks like a jewelry box that has grooves in it to fit onto a shelf or something.

Not to mention no one brought up the Antikythera mechanism to add why a laptop would be possible in Ancient Greece.

Honestly just comes off like people grasping at straws.
>>
>>17317772
How can time travel be real if Halloween's End isn't real?
>>
>>17320846
>grooves in it to fit onto a shelf
Which realm did you say you were from again?
>>
>>17317772
>tfw nobody's noticed
>child labor
>>
File: IMG_1912b.jpg (38 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1912b.jpg
38 KB, 800x600
>>17317786
dont be stupid. those are p/s2 connections.

their time travel altered history and we now use usb stuff but the original time line never had usb but they changed the coding method not connection terminals
>>
>>17317772
Didn't this already happen like last march or some shit?

I remember seeing about it in the news and I've been wondering why people are giving a shit about it again
>>
>>17318011
Obviously it's old touch screen technology.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.