[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can dogs see spirits? My puppy randomly started barking and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: enhanced-23353-1432120506-1.png (643 KB, 625x359) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-23353-1432120506-1.png
643 KB, 625x359
Can dogs see spirits?

My puppy randomly started barking and growling at an empty hallway for a good minute in the house. This isn't in her nature because she usually cries at home if she makes any noise. But this bark was the kind of bark she makes when she sees someone, and it sounded a bit aggressive.

Right now she is acting weird by just staring into the hallway. She won't take her mind off it.

What do? This never happened before.
>>
>>17307830
Get out of that house. Now.
>>
Dogs are weird, brush it off, even if is a spirit its not harming you
>>
>>17307830

punch that fucking ghost
>>
i grew up around dogs, lots of em
i do think they can sense weird shit like spirits
they sense other weird things, like when people, or themselves, are gonna die and stuff

if this is the first time it'll take awhile to prove she isn't just hearing some weird sound bouncing off the walls. if it is something like sound, she'll get used to it and stop barking. if it isn't (i.e. ghosty), she won't.
>>
>>17307830
I had a friend who's dog did that.

He called the exterminators, they got rid of the mice, no more problem.
>>
Don't punch the spirit punch the dog!!!!!
>>
>>17307830
You need to get the fuck out of there
>>
>>17307867
>>17307995
Why? If its not causing harm whats the urgency?
>>
>>17307830

mmmmm, I wouldn't say they can "see" spirits, but they definitely can sense things we, as humans, cannot.

felines are very similar in terms of heightened senses

the only thing is, you don't know what you dog is sensing, the external stimulus is in your dogs reality, not yours.

it could be a dog barking 3 blocks away, it could be animals in the roof/floor, it could be hissing from leaky taps/pipes or it could be a spirit. it's impossible to tell

if I were in your situation (which my cat has put me in many times) I just burn some incense and play some calm music (try some classical).
this calms both your animal companion as well as yourself by cleansing the airwaves around you both

just be aware that no spirit can halm you, so most importantly do not antagonise the situation or stress yourself out worrying. just let the moment pass and calm your companion
>>
>>17307830
The human eye can detect less than 1 % of visible light in the spectrum, to think that there is nothing else around us at any time is kind of narrow-minded.
My dog looks at the same place in my bedroom any/every time I bring her in and she won't take her eyes off it for as long as she's in the room. Smart dog, well trained, doesn't do this anywhere else in the house. Loves me, loves to hang out with me, anywhere I go she follows, but not into the bedroom.
>>
Dogs have much more sensitive hearing than humans, not to mention their phenomenal sense of smell. Who knows what she can hear or smell that you can't. Probably mice. Hopefully not anything bigger.
>>
>>17308251
you fuck too loud
>>
>>17307830

When I was in middle school I was staying at a friends house while his parents weren't there. They had two dogs (I forget the breeds), a 5 year old mid sized female and about an 8 month old male. Some other weird shit happened earlier so we were outside in his driveway playing basketball. The dogs were out there too.

His garage door was open, as was the door leading into the house from inside the garage. Both dogs started barking very prominently at the door to the house inside the garage, and after I'd guess 10-15 seconds of barking, the door did a full 180 and SLAMMED closed.

Now that door was open the whole way, pressed against the back wall. Couldn't have been the wind because that just would have forced it back against the wall. No vents behind it or anything. And again, that thing went from open to closed in the snap of a finger. After that the dogs didn't want to go back inside.
>>
>>17308188
Animals can sense spirits, but if a dog is barking at it, it means it thinks the spirit is a threat. If the animal keeps this up, it means the spirit has not made any attempt to pacify the animal. Which could suggest your spirit is malevolent.
>>
If dogs can "see" spirits. Why don't ghost hunters take dogs with them while they go ghost hunting? Why dont ghost hunters develop something that projects how a dog sees things? Like nightvision goggles but with "dog vision"
>>
>>17307977
This.

Something is probably making a noise that is a frequency your dog can hear but you can't.
>>
>>17307830
>humancentric assumption of sight

The dog SMELLED something weird. Something you cannot.
>>
>>17307830
Yeah, animals can sense that shit. But doesnt mean theres a ghost in your house.
>>
>>17308772
I think they actually do. Or they believe to have technology that can do that.

The legit psychics can see spirits on their own, so theres that
>>
>>17308427
>Now that door was open the whole way, pressed against the back wall. Couldn't have been the wind because that just would have forced it back against the wall. No vents behind it or anything.

It was wind, but not from behind the door. Wind blew a smell to the dogs from outside, across the entrance of the garage. Moving air caused a drop in pressure outside the house and the pressure difference sucked the air in the house out the open door. THIS moving air (and low pressure) is what sucked the door off the wall and caused it to slam shut.

You can perform an experiment to see this effect. Place a ping pong ball in a cup and blow across the top of the cup. The ball will fly out.
>>
I had a friend whose dog got raped by a ghost.
>>
OP here. I fell asleep watching TV and got up to take out my contacts and put them in the case. I woke up today and found the case empty and my contacts outside dried up. Can spirits or whatever make physical contact?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.