[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 0-89786543245678.png (28 KB, 230x232) Image search: [Google]
0-89786543245678.png
28 KB, 230x232
that there is other direction besides left and right?
I was driving a screw and well, that was weird.
>>
>>17307491
forward backward up down yaw in out over under through left past the underpass on route 60 just before the turnpike

lots of directions other than left and right

the fuck are you on?
>>
>>17307512
And don't forget moving through space
>>
File: tell me.jpg (97 KB, 696x464) Image search: [Google]
tell me.jpg
97 KB, 696x464
>>17307491

Inner ear damage.

Mabie.
>>
>>17307512
what? have you ever driven a screw? you can turn it left and right no other way
>>
>>17307550

Up and down.

And will you just tell us what happened?
>>
>>17307548
/thread
>>
>>17307548
naw, my balance is okay.
>>
>>17307555
right so there is a screw in a socket, i dont know proper english term for that, and i was driving it in at work, and for a moment i had this weird brainfart that i can screw it some other way than left and right.

and no you cant turn a socketed screw any other way
>>
File: mutations.jpg (16 KB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
mutations.jpg
16 KB, 250x370
>>17307562

What KIND of other direction are we talking about here? Was it a spooky direction?
>>
>>17307578
bugs gross me out.
no it didnt feel spooky, it was just weird, i couldnt really define it.
you know i kinda expected people going "yeah i had it too, weird huh?"
>>
File: Chimerical-color-demo.svg.png (63 KB, 851x640) Image search: [Google]
Chimerical-color-demo.svg.png
63 KB, 851x640
>>17307586

Normal people don't have random explainable feelings outside human comprehension. You cant tell me anything?
>>
>>17307491
>>17307550
>>17307562

Maybe you almost had an epiphany of how to innovate the screw but failed to follow through. Try some weed to boost your creative process.
>>
I mean once the screw is in a bolt you can only use a screwdriver to turn it left and right...what other direction did you feel it could go?
>>
>>17307601
>>17307658
well, uh, not to sound like a weirdo but it didnt really feel 3d, i cant draw it on paper and even twisting the paper that i drew on doesnt really fit it, its like i were to twist the paper inside out (?) does that make any sense?
>>
>>17307713
when im trying to visualize it i feel like vomiting, maybe >>17307548
is right.
>>
>>17307586
oh i know what your talking about and it can work but it depends on how long the screw is .

the other direction is hammer. you got turn hand left right and hammer

if the screw is to long you will probably split the wood if you use the hammer direction
>>
>>17307728
Oh I get it, you're talking all 4th dimensional right? Remove the screw by turning the threads like a circular screw?
>>
>>17307754
it was zink steel and screw wont budge any other way than left or right since its guided by the socket, i tried everything.

>>17307766
i dont really get what you mean, do you have any images?
>>
>>17307788

Kinda like this but make the large circle wrap around the screw and it turns

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Gear-kegelzahnrad.svg/2100px-Gear-kegelzahnrad.svg.png
>>
>>17307811
hm, those are simple mechanics, whats 4 dimensional in it
>>
>>17307586
>>17307491
Perhaps a large portion of your particles did a quantum shift.
Theoretically there are more dimensions aside from ours, that being 3d.
A line

left right

Left right up down (ours)

Now imagine more directions but perpendicular to left and right (forward backward aren't perpendicular to left right they are merely manipulations of left right)

Imagine two more directions at right angles to the four you already know.
>>
>>17307831
in order for that to work the large circular screw would have to spin inside out like a mobeus strip
>>
>>17307550
Clear case of left-right dualist disinfo

Screws are generally driven clckwise or anti-clockwise!if
>>
File: screw_it.png (9 KB, 478x361) Image search: [Google]
screw_it.png
9 KB, 478x361
>>17307835
alright mate, youve lost me
>>17307840
? maybe im stupid but wouldnt it work normally?
pic related
>>17307877
well in my country in tech unis they they teach that left = counter-clockwise = plus direction
>>
>>17307728
I can't relate specifically to the screw but I do get this 4th dimensional spacial hallucination, as I call it, and it makes me feel overwhelmed and nauseous. It is usually related with stress and anxiety and is totally incomprehensible and hard to put into language.
>>
>>17307935
may be true, we had to finish the order soon since we were already after deadline so there was plenty of stress, i didnt feel nauseus then though, only now when im trying to get it
>>
>>17307950
I get what you mean. Trying to wrap my head around some thing that I don't have words for creates this spinning, travelling feeling in my head, as if I'm travelling down a tunnel at light speed. It's like I'm a wheel spinning too fast for its bearings or a train derailing. Then I feel sick.
I often think about that and whether or not it's a good thing to indulge in these feelings.
>>
I don't get what's being described here yet, but I'm interested. There's no spatial way to try to describe the new orientation of the screw?
>>
>>17307904

Ok I can't draw so take a strip of paper and twist it a few times then connect the ends. Now imaging a screw that enters the center but instead of the screw turning the paper mobius screw turns or spins so the threads pull the screw in or out. Since metal can't bend this way I figure this would only happen to a 4th dimensional object.
>>
>>17307491
Rotation about the x and y axes lies in the z direction of movement.
>>
>>17307992
Interesting~...

I can imagine it, it does make me nauseous, but I don't see it having immediate 4D qualities. Just difficult to produce 3D ones. The nausea is probably the most interesting part.

Is there something I'm missing?
>>
File: mobius screw.jpg (24 KB, 625x350) Image search: [Google]
mobius screw.jpg
24 KB, 625x350
>>17307992

Here we go I found one kinda like my description. Like in the image except the arms attaching the gears are also screw threads that bend, which isn't really possible except with ver flexable materials.
>>
>>17308036
Okay, I've got it. I was just thinking of this shape a couple days ago actually. I didn't connect the two immediately, but had a hunch when I saw the word "mobius loop" pass through the front page.

I was working on a theory of mine and the fact that you had the feeling pop up not shortly after confirms another unrelated theory. The fact that you added 4th dimension without this design having any real 4 dimensional qualities is the most interesting part, since I was attempting to use the model in question to create some 3 dimensional description of an event I'm trying to explain.

Got an email?
>>
>>17307491
Lol dude what if left and right were on the same axis and each direcrion was just an angle of the directional sphere.
Whooooooah duuuuuude.
>>
>>17308036
>>17307992
ooh so you meant something like that, i thought you wanted to put a screw inside a normal gear.
that doesnt really ring the bell though.
goddamnit the hardest part in it is that i dont know exactly how to describe it or what the hell it was
>>
>>17308072
yeah except when it comes to locked screw there is only one plane it can rotate in and when it comes to rotation i assumed it was obvious that left means + (counter-clockwise) and right is -
>>
>>17308089
*one axis it can rotate around
>>
>>17308089
But dude have you ever driven a screw by wobbling it in all directions dude.
It won't go in very pretty but it will dude. Just need enough pressure and acceleration for it to work.
Duuuuuude.
>>
How many people have imagined this object in the last year? I'll start with myself.
>>
>>17308102
no it wont unless "enough" means enough to break the thread on either side
>>
>>17308137
Oh but it will work sonny jim, try it out. Wobble the fucker in. Duuude
>>
>>17308144
>>17308102
>>17308072
Tell me, do you do it for free?
>>
>>17308198
What for free dude telling you that if there is a will there is a way.
Whatever dude be linear dude.
Keep doing what you do best screwin shit and banging on shit.
Dude.
>>
>>17308325
I really think that you're not grasping anything that was written ITT. I don't think reading it again would work for you either.
>>
>>17308343
Whaaaaat duuuuude whaaaat.
You callin me out duuuuude.
Not cool dude, putting a screw in is a simple concept.
The initial post could be "I was hammering nails in yesterday
and realised that maybe you can hammer a nail without hammering it.
Your intial post was to vague.
Duuuude.
You could create a rotating head screw which gets driven by spherical rotations.
The screw would be different and the device needed to screw it in would be different.
A tool has a specific job.
>>
>>17308385
Yeah, you REALLY don't get it.
>>
>tfw all of these people spontaneously upgrading to 4D perception
>tfw feel kind of left out

One time when I was on cough syrup I thought I saw a new axis and everything was really disorienting and new and open feeling but my eyes could've just been crossed
I wish I could draw it but it's hard to even remember
>>
>>17308385
Why do you say dude so much with a trailing u?
>>
>>17307512
Topkek
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.