[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /x/ What is this thing? I know it's some sort of analogue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 3.jpg (813 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
813 KB, 1944x2592
Sup /x/

What is this thing? I know it's some sort of analogue tape but it's too thin to be VHS. I found it in the middle of the forest and want to see what's on it

Also general spoopy forest/nope thread
>>
File: 1.jpg (843 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
843 KB, 1944x2592
More pics
>>
>>17296525
Looks like 8mm film.
>>
It's reel-to-reel tape.
>>
>>17296543
This looks right, thanks man

Will post again if anything interesting is on it
>>
>>17296554
If you don't a kill in finding out, that is.
>>
It's for one of those old school projectors where the film just ran in front of a light
>>
>>17296554
Good luck in finding the equipment to read it. They're still manufactured today (in small numbers) but most magnetic media only lasts about 30 years.
>>
>>17296564
I'm p sure it's reel-to-reel magnetic audio tape.
>>
>>17296564
Nah, those had sprocket holes and this one doesn't
>>
>>17296571
Shit I didn't know they degraded that quickly. I'll still try and get my hands on a recorder, there are a few people in my city selling them. I've had this thing for a few months and not knowing what's on it has been killng me, I hope it's recoverable
>>
>>17296583
Make a trips so we know its you when you come back.
>>
>>17296594
OK, it won't be for a while though, and chances of anything remotely interesting are pretty low. I should also probably mention that I found this in Peru and I don't speak Spanish, but if there is any audio on there i'll post it immediately for you guys
>>
>>17296608
What's the diameter of the tape? Also, there's a slim chance it could contain early computer data as apposed to audio.
>>
>>17296630
Exactly 3.5 inches. It's strange because it has gear teeth on one side and none of the other reel-to-reel tapes I see on google have that
>>
>>17296647
If it's a data tape the staticy audio will be even spookier.
>>
>>17296630
>ancient AI conspiracy GET
>>
>>17296647
>>3.5 inch reel
Sure you're not going fly-fishing, son?
>>
>>17296655
That's what i'm hoping for, some crackly ass spoopy recording. Kind of disappointed it's not video though
>>
>>17296647
Oh, for fucks sake. Pop it into your Majestic and give us the the "spoopy" audio.
>>
>>17296712
?

I don't have a player for it, that's why I had to make this thread
>>
interested bump
>>
Thread plz no die
>>
>>17297003
Guys I won't be able to get the equipment to play this thing for at least a week, let the thread die. I'll be back though
>>
If you found it in a forest, there's a good chance it will be degraded. Tape kind of goes... rotten over time.
>>
Let's say it does work.

Then what?
Should we assume the most likely? That its probably just some rubbish, family video or maybe it hasn't even been recorded.

Yet, finding a tape in the forest isn't something you find everyday. Ergo, the remains the possibility that this tape may have something *special* about it.
>>
File: vhscasin.gif (28 KB, 287x214) Image search: [Google]
vhscasin.gif
28 KB, 287x214
>>
Owh its one of those thread right? found something,telling us reader "i'll keep update soon" reply,and then gone.
>>
>>17297057
If you just want to see what is on it you can just unreel it an look through it against a lightsource.
With a finding glass the single frames should be viewable.
Just to see if there is anything on it.
so you dont have to go through all the trouble for an empty or broken tape
>>
well this is a step up from them usual RP ass holes who pretend to find fugging flash drives in there front yards with a bunch of gobbedlygook on it lmao
if u want to spook these nerds out on here OP u should go find the most el cheapo VHS camera you can and find an old tape of ALF or grandma's soap opera's or some such crapola and in the middle of it tape over it with a scene u filmed of u pretending to kill one of ur friends in a grewsome murder and make sure the quality is crapola to begin with and then tape it back and forth between two blank tapes like 20 times until the generation loss makes it like barely possibel to see what's going on and put the shit on youtube and post it here and say you decoded the seekrit spookem vidya and it undearthed deep dark gristly seekrits or something lmao :D
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.