[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Occultism & Magick: Library and Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
>Temple of Solomon the King:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>Mesmer's Lair
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc

>Random /x/ requests
https://mega.nz/#F!F5MjEbqb!PYNfawnJSFErbqRzykCiWw
>>
>>17275112
thanks for the new library, glad to get some mp3's for the commute
>>
>>17275112
Thanks for posting! I found the beginner's folder and grabbed a few. Are the any in particular you'd recommend for someone only starting research into this?

I already grabbed the Aleister Crowley book, the one about the Golden Dawn, and also the generic sounding Introduction to Magic.
>>
>>17275112
Godfuckingdamnit, hey, Zorak, pls report my thread and I will too and pray Jani doesn't nail me with a ban.

>>17275191
That's a good start plus the encyclopedia.
>>
>>17275191
http://www.sacred-texts.com/grim/magus/index.htm

It is going to be way over your head, but i think you should read it. It helps to comtain and compliment the ideas that you need to conceptualize in doing magic.
>>
>>17275184
They are wealth of knowledge. If you dig them let me know and I can upload some more. I've got everything from watts to hall to moore to rune calls.

>>17275191
Complete golden dawn, in my estimation, is the opposite of a beginners book. From the same author though middle pillar,lazy mans guide to relaxation, and the one year manual are all great places to start. Either of the books in there from Aryeh Kaplan would be pretty good, but I've come to be of the opinion that any start that leans toward the practical should focus with basic mediation and awareness training.

>>17275196
Me and aghori double posted on the one before last without it being a ban-able offence so you should be fine. Either that or they've just gotten tired of banning me and given up.
>>
>>17275184
I'm a dilettante, and my shallow understanding of a number of religious and mystical traditions has led me to provisionally accept that that there is a fairly universal, or at least broadly shared path to and experience of what we might call enlightenment across cultures. It seems like, if there's no common formula for it, at least many different religions and cultures seem to have similar notions of progressing on a path of understanding, and a method that's roughly some form of deep introspection wherein it is progressively revealed that one's self-understanding is flawed and underlaid by a deeper principle one ought to align oneself with. The contemplatives in these traditions seem to agree that when one accomplishes this alignment it's pretty rad. I'm suggesting something like perennialism but only inasfar as these claims are understood to be phenomenological and possibly ethical, not necessarily extending to any doctrinal metaphysics. Sorry i'm not writing more clearly. Ask me questions and i'll try to clarify. Anyway, adopting practices which will help me experience these unfolding self-understandings seems prudent to me if this hypothesis (phenomenological perennialism or something less pretentious, i'm going with pee-pee until someone tells me the name has already been coined and it's x) is justified. So i've adopted some meditation practices from theravada which people seem to have positive transformative experiences with and which seem to be mirrored by practices from other religious and philosophical traditions. I'm less clear on how magic fits into my pee-pee. I spent some time doing invocations of tara and avalokiteshvara with a tibetan buddhist group, none of them seemed to understand the system very deeply but they seemed to understand these invocations as speeding up the dry contemplative work of insight meditation by opening themselves to benign influences from these benevolent entities, even though they were ambivalent regarding
>>
File: cyanide.jpg (33 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
cyanide.jpg
33 KB, 720x529
>stumbled upon this general like 2 months ago
>read up on a bunch of shit
>there's not a single system that appeals to me

What do
>>
>>17275244
Nah they just deleted it.

>>17275251
I can't get into full blown perrenialism, but I do think that we're all looking at the same mountain, just from different sides and vantage points. One peak, many routes, many paths, many stones not like stones on other paths, but the same peak.
>>
>>17275258
Don't accept a system as a whole or as a self contained unit. Look at each system as something that other people believe and try to understand why they believe it. Dabble until something burns you then try to figure out why you caught fire.
>>17275251
I think you lost the end of your post.
>>
>>17275267
also, I agree with this
>>
>>17275251
the entities existence. This got me interestd in magic because i recognized elements of these tibetan rituals from when i had been reading about chaos magic.The golden dawn and it's successor schools seem also to involve magic in a pee-pee project. So, now i'm trying to cobble together my own new pee-pee system and i'm wondering if anyone has thoughts about how useful it would be to incorporate western magical practice into a project which has as it's goal something like the therevadan conception of awakening. I know they would likely see it as a distraction, but are they being in this, as they seem to me in other things, somewhat paternalistic and overlooking a useful tool because they are afraid it will be misused? What form and role would magick have in pee-pee project? is there a standard model? any thoughtful critique or support of my project and the notions it's predicated on would be appreicated as well. Again, sorry about the rambling unclear presentation, i thought it best just to get the thoughts on paper.
>>
>>17275258
The answer's actually quite simple.
If you've really been reading, you should have enough stones to build your OWN temple.

Also, I don't represent everything and it's taken me years to go through, probably, 2/3rds of my library so maybe hunt a bit more. What do you like in general? What were you looking for when you tabbed open the link for the first time?
>>
>>17275267
>I can't get into full blown perrenialism, but I do think that we're all looking at the same mountain, just from different sides and vantage points. One peak, many routes, many paths, many stones not like stones on other paths, but the same peak.
>>17275287
>also, I agree with this
What's the peak then, is it speakable, are there poets or philosophers from different traditions you think express the experience of this peak in recognizably similar terms?
>>17275267
>many routes, many paths, many stones not like stones on other paths
so, if i remember correctly Crowley attributes to each grade in the AA a sephira, and a trance state from either the buddhist or yogic meditation traditions. Do you think he was mistaken to assert an equivalency between these? What about the sort of claims Daniel Ingram has made where asserts that the Theravadan maps of insight progress and Jhanas can map onto the tree of life or poetry from medieval christianity and islam. Whether or not you agree with this attributions do you think that's a misguided project?
>>
File: 1443244875970.jpg (98 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1443244875970.jpg
98 KB, 720x540
I'm really loving Thunder, Perfect Mind

Only at the very basic stages of parsing it out, but it seems like something that could be very easily incorporated into work if used correctly
>>
>>17275336
Yup, and if you read through the final transmission that Dee and Kelley got, which the attributed to Lilith, it sounds EXACTLY like Barbelo speaking...but we didn't discover Thunder: Perfect Mind until the Nag Hamaddi Manuscripts were found.

Very interesting.

>>17275329
Yup. I think it would be a mistake to assert hard and direct equivalence, as AC makes statements elsewhere that measuring attainment on the grades is tricky: Someone may be a natural Practicus having never attained the grade on paper.

I try to compartmentalize Kabbalah and Hindu systems, too much room for error, really.
>>
File: SEELE_Logo_(NGE).png (198 KB, 820x680) Image search: [Google]
SEELE_Logo_(NGE).png
198 KB, 820x680
>>17275329
top kek
Depends on your point of view. When the peak is almost always unification, do you count the human instrumentality project and the autobot matrix as poets from different cultures? Does modern drug culture saying the same thing as ancient gnostics and Tibetan scholars count as reaching across time? Do similar creation stories from ancient japan and ancient Greece have any meaning? It all depends on how broadly you want to paint.
>>
>>17275373
Where can I find that transmission, A True And Faithful Revelation?

I get the feeling that DBoE could be pushed in a more explicitly gnostic direction if desired, might be something I'll explore once we're deeper into it
>>
>>17275391
>Does modern drug culture saying the same thing as ancient gnostics and Tibetan scholars count as reaching across time
well, modern drug culture seems to have been influenced to a degree by gnosticism and tibetan buddhist religion, so that's not all that impressive. However, insofar as those two earlier schools came to the same conclusions independently, yeah that might be something. >>17275391
>similar creation stories from ancient japan and ancient Greece have any meaning?
sure that has meaning, i don't know if that would be relevant to the topic at hand though

>>17275391
>you count the human instrumentality project and the autobot matrix as poets from different cultures
Yep, i attribute a different kind of significance to modern pop-culture adopting ideas from esoteric traditions than i do to different traditions unknowingly converging on similar ideas or experiences
>>
>>17275405
>"I am the daughter of Fortitude and ravished every hour from my youth. For behold, I am Understanding, and science dwelleth in me; and the heavens oppress me. They covet and desire me with infinite appetite; for none that are earthly have embraced me, for I am shadowed with the Circle of the Stars, and covered with the morning clouds. My feet are swifter than the winds, and my hands are sweeter than the morning dew. My garments are from the beginning, and my dwelling place is in myself. The Lion knoweth not where I walk, neither do the beasts of the field understand me. I am deflowered, yet a virgin; I sanctify and am not sanctified. Happy is he that embraceth me: for in the night season I am sweet, and in the day full of pleasure. My company is a harmony of many symbols, and my lips sweeter than health itself. I am a harlot for such as ravish me, and a virgin with such as know me not. Purge your streets, O ye sons of men, and wash your houses clean; make yourselves holy, and put on righteousness. Cast out your old strumpets, and burn their clothes and then I will bring forth children unto you and they shall be the Sons of Comfort in the Age that is to come."

The invocation is the text of a message delivered by an unidentified spirit entity to Sir Edward Kelly in 1592 during a scrying ritual. Kelly, along with Dr. John Dee (Queen Elizibeth's Royal Astrologer), originated the Enochian system of magic. The vision of this entity so frightened Kelly that he abandoned the working of magic from that day forward.
>>
>>17275455
>The vision of this entity so frightened Kelly that he abandoned the working of magic from that day forward.

>1592
>being scared of yourself
ishygddt
>>
>>17275425
You're missing the point. For any time in history that we have written record of, before that point in time there was already cross cultural contamination going on. We can't say with any sort of clarity that the Gnostic ideal was unaffected by the Tibetan ideal much in the same way that we can't say that neon genesis evangelion wasn't affected by Hunter S. Thompson. How broadly do you want to paint?
>>
I have drawing closer to Archangel Michael lately, I went to the cathedral some times and I always fixate on his statue

Also, today i was searching about texts and i found some speaking about him and it was totally random

what i can do to know more about this? my problem with christianity is that i don't have enough patience with other human who try to play social games with me, so i have very low empathy on those things (i'm very egotistical in social settings because i can't stand all the beta/alpha games that nowadays people play, so i go with the flow sometimes making people feel shitty)

this sounds very underage but i'm recently been fondly towards these things.
>>
>>17275455
I had been wondering where that was from. It shows up in The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels.
>>
Any good books on Kabbalah? Also wondering if it is a theoretical system, or is there a practical side to it?
>>
File: that's all folks.png (635 KB, 869x721) Image search: [Google]
that's all folks.png
635 KB, 869x721
>>17275295
>What were you looking for when you tabbed open the link for the first time?

I'm am pretty much a full blown philosophy fag. It started when I was in my teens going through the 'dude existentialism lmao' phase, and from there it kind of matured into other branches of philosophy. I'm quite fond of subjective idealism, so I'm always open to a framework that deals with how reality is perceived, what existence is, etc.

Recently I got into meditation after really delving into Eastern traditions, and a bit of mysticism. So, I read up on the actual practice and started doing it.
Que meditative experiences, and boom, I experienced first hand that there might be more to experience than I initially thought. It is then that I got interested into 'manipulation of experience', and 'conforming reality to the will', that shit.
Coincidentally I also stumbled upon some stuff on the internet that tied into this, and then finally I decided to check out this thread. (Which I knew existed but I never had the urge to visit).

The 'problem/issue' is that because of my 'philosophy base' I'm very dismissive of dogma. I'm used to things pretty much relying solely around arguments.
Also, I don't necessarily have trouble believing in the concept of deities, or other supranormal concepts, but the way pretty much all systems present those concepts I'm not very fond of. I almost find it inherently unappealing.

>If you've really been reading, you should have enough stones to build your OWN temple.

As of now, it would probably consist solely out of meditation, and exploring those states, and maybe trying to manipulate reality solely through intent by means of visualization or something. (Like some Neville Goddard type of shit).
Which seems bland and maybe even stupid?

Basically, I wish there was a tantric tradition without all the eastern baggage, that solely focused on the practices.
>>
>>17275528

Aryeh Kaplan to both questions.
>>
>>17275626
>Basically, I wish there was a tantric tradition without all the eastern baggage, that solely focused on the practices.
Jains.
>>
Hey do you have any of the witches almanacs by lewellyn?
>>
>>17275626

>Basically, I wish there was a tantric tradition without all the eastern baggage, that solely focused on the practices.

Just throw it out yourself, matey. There's a book in the Mega called "Introduction to Tantra" by Lama Yeshe, which is already stripped down to export, but you can go even further.

In my opinion, the most important practice is the renunciation of false refuge.

In the end you'll have something like Samael Aum Weor's doctrine.
>>
>>17275626
I would love to be able to recommend chaos magic to you, because what you want is what chaos magic is supposed to be. But sadly if fell short.

You'll be happier if you walk away from using to bend reality for the time being. It's a distraction.

Next up. I'd love to recommend Wilson to you, but if you've a background in philosophy you'll find his arguments amateurish and miss out on what else he may teach.

Let me say to you again, dabble. You're initiated, shit will work for you. Open a book, skip to the practices an do them and ignore the dogma for the time being. You can work back the theory when you aren't so hungry. Set aside for now the question of if you're experiencing spirit or mind.

And as much as I hate to sound like a broken record, go to the random /x/ folder and download one of the Andrews books. Soon as you finish that go back to the main mega and download a few of the beginner books again and practice them, then work back the theory in each while contrasting it with the experiences of the practices.
>>
>>17275753
trying to edit a post twice and still missing words. I need to sleep more.
>>
>>17275455
Huh, that really DOES echo with T,PM

And he's attributing that to Lilith, you say? Interesting in the context of the DBoE, given her position within the Witchmothers.

This is making me more and more curious as to how far the DBoE system could be transplanted into a more classically gnostic framework...might not be overly useful (just swapping out one mythos for another doesn't make the book inherently more usable, or alter the structure of the system), but it would be an interesting exercise to follow to its conclusion
>>
>>17275682
Reading his Jewish Meditation right now. Definitely seem to be some strong parallels between Bramhan and the concept they have of God.
>>
>>17275695

Well guys, you asked for it whats up?
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 960x768
>>17275112
Ill ask my question again, anyone got experience with yajnas/homa?
>>
>>17275829
Yajnas were not prescribed for Kali Yuga, due to the lack of qualified Bramhins to perform the ceremony. The process for this age is Harinam, or chanting of Krsna's name.
>>
>>17275837
"Fuck offl
Yajnas may not be perscribed, true, but homas are completly fine. Also, stop sucking prabhupadas dick plz. Your philosophy of duality is tigereing me
>>
>>17275878
>Your philosophy of duality is tigereing me

Acintya bheda abheda. Look into it.
>>
>>17275894
Its dualism senpai, not strict but still. Its idiotic probciples of bad and good, and krsna being the ultimate is just dumb. Tantric advaita is the only way, now fuck off with tht krsna bullshit
Jai Jai Rama!
>>
>>17275112
I am the son of Jehovah God the Almighty and i say get the fuck up out of here.

I lay claim to this board and i say no magic.
>>
>>17275941
No dubs so I don't believe it
>>
GD guy, notes on AZHA-HU forthcoming, mostly because quicker than writing. Expect email shortly.
>>
File: alan watts.png (597 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
alan watts.png
597 KB, 900x675
Are there any systems or works here that touch upon divorcing oneself from the concept of Time, I wonder. Time as in defined by the revolutions of physical celestial bodies, circular motions binding us to the maxim that time is linear, proceeding out of the past, through the present, and in to the future. The concept that creates the maxim things have always been this way, and will continue to be this way. I watched Alan Watt’s old program on the subject countless times, but it is still an intellectual understanding. I wonder if there is a system that really drives the point home.

Grant Morrison’s Father Time is a fascist.
>>
File: al halka.jpg (44 KB, 420x409) Image search: [Google]
al halka.jpg
44 KB, 420x409
>>17275995
Temple of Set, upper degrees.

>>17275941
Get dicked, faggot.

>>17275799
Sorta? Depends on the aspect of God you're referring to. Kabbalah has lots of them, though I think he leans a lot on a vaguely oversoul conception in that one, I can't remember off the top of my head, been a while.

>>17275798
Yep.
It could be transposed into a classical framework, especially w/ the breath exercise I just completed. Email sent, plus some updates on my dreaming habits lately.
>>
>>17275995
Being and Time - Heidegger
>>
>>17275941
Hmmm.

I see you as a liar and a fraud.
>>
File: 1448122402258.jpg (20 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
1448122402258.jpg
20 KB, 480x451
Maybe this is a dumb question to you guys but I could use a second opinion here.

What is your stance on having romantic relationships? Personally I'm indifferent, but I've read things that even go as far as saying I need it to balance myself out emotionally. Sounds like bs to me, but maybe there's somebody here who disagrees? I've heard it from multiple sources so I figured it might be worth at least asking about before I dismiss it
>>
>>17276199
Git sum fuk goy
>>
>>17276199
The kind of people you meet before and after a spiritual transformation are rather different, at least your perception of them changes.
>>
>>17276218
That's a good point. Honestly I haven't had the huge change in perspective that everybody talks about yet, even if I've definitely changed
>>
Best book for taking the purple pill?
>>
>>17275112
I see, all these books are copyrighted.

How do you guys deal with it? Isn't it stealing? Worse, stealing a wizard or something like that isn't dangerous if the author curses the pirates?

Isn't piracy immoral and spiritual harmful (karma)?
>>
>>17276278
Selling knowledge is more "immoral"
>>
>>17276283
are you liberal?
>>
>>17276228
Its when you look back and realize you haven't hung out with that one group in months and realize they are all shitheads you want nothing to do with. Getting in spiritual is exactly like college.
>>
File: osho-photo.jpg (683 KB, 1800x1608) Image search: [Google]
osho-photo.jpg
683 KB, 1800x1608
>>17276199

>I've read things that even go as far as saying I need it to balance myself out emotionally

Societal pressure on the goyim to keep up the "romance" industry, in my subjective opinion senpai.

I'm not some basement-dwelling nekcbeard mind you, and been in a number of relationships with very diff women. It is the viewpoint that you absolutely NEED someone to balance you out that i consider a blatant herding control mechanism.

Check this out. Sadly the full version where he elaborates on Loneliness vs Aloneness was removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqb-_Y7et0

Before you go all greentext on me, i know that the man was a HUGE rascal, but he still dropped some good talks regardless.

It's like the position that i never understand with some radical truthers, that just because McKenna MIGHT have been a spook, all his work on entheogens MUST be discarded.
>>
>>17276199
Who cares? If you want to be in a relationship, be in one. If not, don't.

This isn't complex.

>>17276218
^This, at least, is reasonable, and I tend to agree.

>>17276247
What in the blue fuck is a "purple pill"?

>>17276278
1) These things have been hidden behind a paywall or strict order secrecy for WAAAAY too long, like all the unpublished Crowley documents I host.
2) Yes, it's stealing. Various Orders have tried to ToS me before. Either I've opened up my backups, or they're outright rejected by my service.

>stealing a wizard
You wouldn't steal a whyyyzrd, would you?

>dangerous
Kek! Tell Frater K said "Bring it, fgt."

>morals
Double kek!

>Harmful to karma
Actually you're accruing karma by browsing this website, and from every person you interact with. You would have gained less karma if you'd have taken all the books and split than you did by making the post.

Karma is not "what goes around comes around". It's a fine particulate substance that obscures the soul and is accumulated by interaction with materiality. There's less karmic debt in this digital library than in you local uni archives.

>>17276283
^That.

>>17276299
Nope, but I'm also not a "muh property" fag. Seriously, though, 99% of this stuff is shit you could ask an Order to look through after associating for a couple years, or that could be found, for free anyhow, in a public or university library.
>>
>>17276333
>Kek! Tell Frater K said "Bring it, fgt."
*Tell 'em Frater K said..

>333
>Choronzon Trips
>>
>>17276321
Its sort of a right of passage for everyone who fucked up to give advice out of schadenfreude to anyone between 18 and 25. The moment you go past that, no one says shit because its just sad. Thank fuck they do.
>>
File: image.jpg (583 KB, 2800x830) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
583 KB, 2800x830
>>17276333
>>
>>17276353
If you mean "indigo pill" he's traditionally a Chaote who read a decent bit of Crowley and Ken Grant on the side.

Also, your meme sucks.
>>
Anyone knows a good site with occult symbols and images? I'm not looking for photos, maybe images from some old grimoires, etc.
>>
>>17276360

Thanks for the info. I had never heard the term before this picture.
>>
Has anyone tried using music as part of their magick/hekua/whateverthefuckyoudo? I can play flute but want to know if that's relevant to my studies
>>
>>17276432
You can weave a lot of intent in to passing chords and focus the mind in some very powerful ways with music. I mostly use it as a kind of shamanistic yoga.
>>
Thanks for responding
>>17275373
So in the context of western magical tradition lineages which concieve of themselves as paths up this mountaintop, how do they think becoming more adept at magical practices leads one to the mountaintop. That is to say, what is the relationship they propose between the proposed practices and the hoped for consequence.
>>17275391
I'm no expert on this, so correct me if i'm wrong. Let me use the examples I used earlier of Kabbalah and Theravadan buddhism. Let's also assume, for the sake of argument that Daniel Ingram is right and Th0th is wrong, that both systems have created over time maps of progress where the stages in one are rclearly recognizable as the stages in another, and they proceed more or less reliably in the same order if one does the prescribed practices. I'm not saying this is the case, but i don't think it's wholly Implausible. How would I know they aren't similar because on influenced the other or they both influenced one another? If I understand their history correctly, in both cases you can see a progression from within the school of thought. On the occasions when there is a radical upheaval of the systems like with Milarepa or ARIZAL the changes to the system don't seem to correspond to the common thought of the other system at that time. There isn't the simultaneity you would expect if they were influencing each other. Probably in some cases there is and then we are free to speculate, but often there isn't. There's also intermittent periods where contact just isn't likely. If some tibetan monks were to flee to 13th century spain to escape the mongols where they might have been able to influence moses de leon, theres a pretty good chance there would be some record.
>>
>>17276582
>assume correlation
>attempt to discern why the assumed correlation exists

This first part is tricky, because if the correlation is assumed not academic. You're asking why a thought exists.

>assume they have influenced each other at certain points in time
>attempt to discern why the influence was sporadic and not constant

This one is easy at least, divergent cultural influence cause by geographical isolation.

To better understand why and where the systems overlap would require a very hefty amount of scholarship. To paint broadly I could say that the systems are as similar as human nature, and as different as human culture.
>>
bump
>>
>>17277503
>To paint broadly I could say that the systems are as similar as human nature, and as different as human culture.

Yep, what i'd like to know is the extent of those similarities and differences. Good fucking luck to me, right?>>17275289
>So, now i'm trying to cobble together my own new pee-pee system and i'm wondering if anyone has thoughts about how useful it would be to incorporate western magical practice into a project which has as it's goal something like the therevadan conception of awakening. I know they would likely see it as a distraction, but are they being in this, as they seem to me in other things, somewhat paternalistic and overlooking a useful tool because they are afraid it will be misused? What form and role would magick have in pee-pee project?
so i guess the answer to this can only bet 'depends on the system?
>>
>>17276278
You're an idiot.
>>
>>17278411
Pretty much, you're looking at a few years of scholarship and study just to compare the literature. To compare the actual experience you're looking at a life time not only of practice, but of talking with other practitioners.
>>
File: zorfist.jpg (17 KB, 300x221) Image search: [Google]
zorfist.jpg
17 KB, 300x221
>Action to be taken during the different >Tattwas. Actions of a sedate and stable >nature as enumerated under the Chandra >Swara are best done during the course of >Prithivi, the earthy principle. Those of a >fleeting nature which are to be done and gone >through quickly should be done during Apas. >Actions such as a man has to make of a >violent struggle to hold his own, are best done >during Tejas. If a Yogi wishes to kill a man he >should do so with the Vayu Tattwa. In the >Akasa, nothing should be done but >meditation, as works begun during this >Tattwa always end badly. Works of the above >nature only prosper in the specified Tattwas; >and those whose actions prosper may see >this by experiment.

disillusionment is a bitch. To find a book I had such high hopes for full of witchcraft and nonsense is disappointing
>>
>>17278570
What are you reading senpai
>>
>>17278656
Several books atm. The one you keep seeing me complain about is "The complete golden dawn system of magic". It contains such gems as encouraging the aspirant to stare at the sun for two hours straight without so much as blinking.
>>
>>17278669
Great idea, i never wanted to have eyesight anyhow.

But to be fair, if it is inspired by hinduism then it makes sense. Sungazing is a hindu practice but not in the kali yuga but treta yugha, instead of food people would eat air and stare at the sun to get energy.
>>
File: 1292065617745.jpg (33 KB, 425x589) Image search: [Google]
1292065617745.jpg
33 KB, 425x589
>>17278728
>people would eat air and stare at the sun to get energy

Should you ever get the desire to try that out, learn braille first so you'll be able to type still after.
>>
>>17278748
Its literally impossible nowadays, its the kali yuga. In this yuga people eat with their mouth, and communicate with words senpai, on treta yuga people eat by sun, air and communicate through telepathy and gazes kek.
>>
File: 1282547092838.jpg (97 KB, 415x351) Image search: [Google]
1282547092838.jpg
97 KB, 415x351
>>17278802
That shits so crazy it belongs on paganwiki
>>
>>17278842
Yup hinduism is weird, in the aspect of yugas, i personally dont neccesarly believe in this 100% but its fun to learn abt all this bullshit.
>>
>>17278748
There's some guy within the last decade who's been doing it near his entire life. A bunch of scientists observed him near 24/7 for several weeks and observed that the only thing he 'ate' was about six hours worth of sungazing.
>>
File: orc_wowwod.1383967721.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
orc_wowwod.1383967721.jpg
195 KB, 1280x720
>>17278802
So, sounds like, in Treta Yoga people will be orks and eat by photosynthesis from Sun, not sure about telepathy, may be some sort of radio waves or infrared waves inside the people.
>>
>>17278860
>sungazing.
Sungazing is dangerous for health of eyes, you should not do it.
>>
>>17278860
Just looked into it. I can find plenty of news articles claiming that nasa was going to study the guy, but nasa says it has never studied him nor even extended an invitation to him. I actually can't find any group of scientist who claim to have studied the man. Soooo
>>
>love Synchromysticism
>few people active in its scene

i wish there more knowlegable people active in Synchromysticism scene.
>>
does anyone have any idea of good ways to attain spiritual protection from someone plotting to kill you? someone capable of getting away with it
>>
>>17279321
like trying to kill you physically?
>>
>>17279387
yeah, exactly.

also does killing another person give you some kind of universal karma "debt"? do you owe, after you've taken a life? I know theres several different spiritualities
>>
>>17279410
May I recommend asking on >>>/k/
it's a magical place.
And no, karma doesn't work like that. The morality of every situation varies, but I think self defense is fine.
>>
>>17279421
if somebody says that theyre going to kill a person, and the person they said it to becomes very afraid and picks up a sharp object and stabs the other person, what happens then? i feel like a person should never falsely threaten another's life.
>>
>>17279473
That's a question for a lawyer, not a mystic.
>>
>>17279492
legality aside, i wondered how this plays out within various spiritual realms.
>>
>>17279524
Jews don't believe in hell, just go back to being a good jew after, Catholics believe you can repent, most christian sects believe Jesus forgives if you accept him. most mystic sects and eastern religions believe in reincarnation so you'll probably earn yourself a few more times around the wheel. Greeco roman gods don't care so long as you worship, not sure about Zoroastrianism you might be in a spot of trouble there.
>>
>>17279542
what about satanist witches?
>>
>>17279551
Wiccans do have the whole king sacrifice thing going on so I doubt that's an issue. If Cesar is to be believed europagans were big on human sacrifice too. Most satanist are atheist so while they may have moral objections there is no spiritual issue there, theistic satanist are pretty much tool boxes who's opinion can be safely ignored.

All this aside, if you are having a real problem go get a restraining order and a gun.
>>
>>17279566
thanks for the advice
>>
>>17279590
best of luck
>>
>>17279604
oh yeah.
>>
File: IMG_20160127_164510.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160127_164510.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
This feels like some spoopy bohemian grove shit.
>>
>>17279745
Anon you just need to understand more. Don't be afeared
>>
>>17279962
I'm not. I'm going to wear it and see what happens. Nothing makes a better conversation starter than a mystery and some women's jewelry.
>>
>>17279745
>>17280475
Owl of Minerva.
>>
>>17280738
>>17280475
>>17279745
>>
>>17276278

Let them try to curse me, I'm more powerful than them.

You misunderstand the concept of karma.

I don't give a flying fuck about "morals".

If you can't protect your shit, you can't cry when it gets "stolen".
>>
Is there any info on Hecate anyone can give me?
>>
File: I came.gif (935 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
I came.gif
935 KB, 240x240
>>17275112
*Bump*

>mfw all these amazing books to read

Keep it up ma nigga!
>>
Hey /occult/, this spring I'm going to be given ownership over a lesser deity that has been in our family over the past 17 generations.

Are there any books on Eastern European deities you would recommend?
>>
>>17275112

“Mesmer's Lair” is a PITA to download locally (at least w/o a GD account).

Would it be possible to upload a complete zipped archive somewhere nice, please?

(On the Drive is fine, since it's only one file to retrieve).
>>
>>17282724
>a lesser deity
Is he a domovoy?
>>
>>17282724
>over a lesser deity that has been in our family over the past 17 generations
may be just cult of ancestors, praschyrs or schyrs
>>
>>17282724
>Are there any books on Eastern European deities you would recommend?
Oblivious, a bible and biographies and tales about saints.
>>
>>17282462
Thanks!

>>17281456
For as crappy as Ixaxaar tends to be, "Queen of Hell" is sorta decent, and in the LHP folder.

>>17282724
Eastern? Depends on what you want. If Z would show up, he's an East Euro, and knows a bit about things. I've got some historical shamanism but I really think it predates most notions of Paganism proper.

>>17283134
^That, too.

>>17283137
?
>>
>>17283151
Does anyone have a downloadable copy of the codex leicaster?
>>
>>17283165
>codex leicaster
9.90 British Pounds:

http://hammercodex.com/shop.php
>>
>>17283174
A free version.
>>
>>17283177
Not off the top of my head. The book in the link's probably a good target for DRM breaking, though.
>>
>>17283000
That's what I thought at first too, but the thing is not bound to a home/house, but its travelling with the family.

The thing is not evil. Most of the time I don't even see it, and even when I see it its from the corner of my eye.

Currently, the owner is my grandfather from my fathers side. The ownership goes to the first son, but my father didn't want to have anything to do with it. He's religious and believed it was a demon. So my grandfather skipped him. But now my grandfather is old, and close to death, and wants to pass it to me before he dies.

>>17283134
>may be just cult of ancestors, praschyrs or schyrs
So I googled those terms and nothing came up. Could you give some book names/authors
>>
>>17283210
is surgo still kicking?
>>
>>17283465
Yup, Satyr too, just interacted with both yesterday.
>>
I will suggest here for Anons (how does one call the users of this section?) to look for their books on Library Genesis.
It's generic, for all kinds of books, but there is a lot of stuff there. Start from an author, for example.
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
>>
>>17284041
I make regular and meticulous smash & grabs on libgen, bookzz, freebookspot, and whichever other services offer academic or hard to find occult material.

That's part of the vetting process for Temple of Solomon up there, I go through the material myself and if it looks like trash I won't download it or put it up if I've got to read to make that judgement.
>>
>>17284056
I see. Here is a book I bought some time ago because it was not available for "free download", so to say. I am suggesting it for your vetted library.
https://a.pomf.cat/hxwjmx.pdf
>>
>>17284068
And this one as well.
http://a.pomf.cat/qawjdx.pdf
>>
>>17284068
>https://a.pomf.cat/hxwjmx.pdf
>State University of New York Press
Huh, I usually don't keep the sort of stuff the title implies but I could probably make a home for it in the A.'.A.'.>Philosophy folder.
>>
>>17283883
Good to hear. Satyr still trolling or has he mellowed out a bit?
>>17284041
ty
>>
>>17284077
Now THAT'S more like it, both def going in A.'.A.'.>Phil once I get around to another update. Thanks a lot, man, this thing wouldn't be what it is without you guys too.
>>
>>17284078
This is from the SUNY Series on Western Esoteric Traditions. Read it, it is worth your time.
>>
>>17284083
Satyr's Satyr. I imagine he's just not feeling social. I don't blame him. You people are a handful :^)
>>
/r/ing
book of ivan the fool
:"go out on saint Ivan's day ... a wizard will wound your hand"
supposedly a book that was stolen from the burial site and rediscovered.
On one page it says to crucify a woman and burn a Tau on her brow.

I really want to try and get something out of that book.
>>
>>17284088
One last suggestion, go to kat and look for "John Michael Greer" there. I specially recommend "The Encyclopedia of Natural Magic".
>>
>>17284096
inform him that someone is still telling /x/ how to summon succubi, if his memory serves him he'll get a good laugh

>>17284090
Hadn't realized suny had curriculum on it, any idea which colleges offer it and if the classes are available on-line?
>>
>>17284090
Yeah, man, it's ... solid. I'm surprised any Uni touched that shit with a 50 ft pole. Don't wanna jump on any of it's main theses without reading it but it looks solid enough. The demon thing's a bit more what I traditionally post but this text is close enough to Totality and Infinity that I'll present it.

>>17284099
No idea, m8, you talking about the Tolstoy?
>>
Okay, I uploaded the "Encyclopedia of Natural Magic" to a web host.

http://a.pomf.cat/cijrsj.pdf
>>
Serious question
In the process of making a pact with a godform to obtain the illumination of (insert whatever chakras or fruit from the tree of life you want) how do you know if the godform is okay with your decision of worship?
Have you had any experiences? dreams? visions?
Id love to hear from someone that knows more than me
>>
>>17284335
I don't want to be a dick, but only you can know what you are dealing with. Magic is will. If you are not sure, you are not ready.
>>
>>17284096
Wasn't He in Afghanistan? Did he found what he was looking for?
>>
>>17284335
I guess you make the pact and if there is any positive sign they accepted, otherwise they don't care, if they sent a demon to attack you they hate your guts.
>>
>>17275112
>rings
>>
>>17284441
I liked the image enough to overlook that.
>>
File: doctrines-of-hermes-trismegistus.jpg (555 KB, 1246x1768) Image search: [Google]
doctrines-of-hermes-trismegistus.jpg
555 KB, 1246x1768
Man, i sure do love reading all these books.

But here's a question. How do you differentiate between ego/false-self inflation from reading these materials, and legitimate observations that people that surround you might be spiritually dead/bluepilled/under occult manipulation/trapped in low vibrations of consciousness
>>
>>17284478
You check it yourself.
Never forget, many entities also lie.
>>
File: tips.gif (374 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tips.gif
374 KB, 500x500
>>17284509
^That. Can't be stressed enough.
>>
>>17284509
>>17284515

>You check it yourself

Well what's the criteria then. I'm positive that most of my friends are golemised as fuck at this point, and are completely oblivious to the world around them and their own psychology.

But who is this I that is positive about it. Who's asking the question about this I. Who is observing the thing that is asking the questiuon about the I that is positive that it is surrounded by the dead.
>>
>>17284478
Practice. If you do it and do it and it doesn't work or doesn't fit with what you know and know, throw it out.knowledge is only such if it is firsthand.
>>
>>17284515
Senpai have you read the aghora book by svoboda? Ive been reading it and im over halfway through the second oart, and it seems like some hardcore vishnava propaganda disguised as aghora. Really annoys me at times, like when vimalananda said that shiva is just krishnas devotee.
>>
File: Vessel of our Lady.gif (201 KB, 570x916) Image search: [Google]
Vessel of our Lady.gif
201 KB, 570x916
Skimming through 'Practicing Gnosis Ritual Theurgy' from the library.

Some VERY interdasting themes relating to Leviathan and Celsus' Ophian diagram in the chapter about initiation. Looks like Chumbley was picking up what the Gnostics were putting down
>>
As always my bump goes out to the Temple of Solomon the King and its curator.

Who's scrolling past this thread? You, young man or lady, step right up, grab a book, and go on a Wild Ride.
>>
Yo Aghori. What do you guys think about raising the Kundalini Serpent?
>>
"Living Thelema" Shoemaker´s book is in the Mega?
>>
>>17284118
Nah, no Tolstoy. It was The day of St. Ivan/Igor.

Anyway the book was in a torrent pack that came with like The Book of Dagon.

Where would I find a mentor in magick Avtot?
>>
>>17286583
Found it: The Red Book of Appin
http://darkbooks.org/pp.php?v=887881170
occult books from the abyss torrent link
http://torrentzcd.com/412dec95dda6769e21bed35dcc6e2f62d49ce0db/Occult-Books-from-the-Abyss.torrent
>>
>>17286785
What do you guys make of this:
The Red Elixir or the Red Dragon
Arrange a hearth of red bricks on the bottom of an open grave of an executed criminal, placing them in eight rows, then place cow`s excrements and entrails of an innocent child into an iron bowl, and heat it in the flame of the hearth till complete dryness and blackness. A corpse produced from the grave will be necessary to you, therefore keep it before holding the mystery. Over the substance obtained, in the hour when faded Moon is in the union with Mars pronounce such words:
NEMERG YAZ HAOZ RESSIZ TAUA NOTTA ZARIE DET EXIM AMTHORA AAL TAGGOT KAINEO AYNIZ VIRMAO AID TAYAR NEHHAT
Then overturn the bowl and strike it with your left hand, and its contents will drop down. Take it and get close to the mouth of the corpse, and right then the corpse will get enlivened and swallow the substance. Then you have to hold the corpse by its throat and shake it until it spits everything back into the bowl. The drool you must heat again on the hearth and after the evaporation of all the light substances from it you will obtain the bright red liquid. A drop of it, having fallen onto a piece of black quartz, evaporates instantly and you must be quick to inhale its vapors, then within the next thirteen years no weapon will cause you harm. You will be able to eat any food and drink any wine with no fear to be poisoned.

Is it how to grow agaric and become golden?
>>
>>17285520
Its my goal. But i think you mean something different.
As you know, or should know, raising kindalini is not a joke, its hard, and its dangerous. Of your system is not ready for it, you will die immedietly if you really raise it. Of you accidently open up a chakra, and you have no clue what youre doing, youre hoing to become some sort of maniac.
Raising kundalini should only be done if you have the proper initiations and YEARS of practice. Anyone who goes to a kundalini yoga class inthe west and dies it for a month and believes he raised it deserves kundalini syndrome desu.
>>
Posting a number of shameless requests. Maybe someone has any of those, for which I'd be very grateful. And there are really few places where I could ask about this. Here we go:

* Deviant Science by James McClenon;
* Hill of the Dragon by Paul Newman;
* Rebirth of Pan by Jim Brandon;
* Weird America by Jim Brandon;
* Werewolves by Konstantinos;
* Wondrous Events by James McClenon;

I know, a lot of cryptid stuff, but the library is here.

I'm posting one book, that may already be on the library, but well, at least it is not on LibGen:

* Fairies by Janet Bord
https://a.pomf.cat/mkeiwn.pdf
>>
If you recreated the human centipede from that movie, would all three people's chakras combine and become one being or something
>>
>>17286909
Here go get a pen and paper and write this down

No
>>17288054
Thank you, sadly I'm not having any luck finding those either.

>>17288197
Here go get a pen and paper and write this down

No
>>
Could you drain somebodies life energy to live long or is that not how wizard physics work?
>>
File: 047.png (62 KB, 800x974) Image search: [Google]
047.png
62 KB, 800x974
>>17288999
Maybe. The so called psychic vampires steal "something", but I don't know if this can be used to extend life. Maybe to what depends on that energy, but the biological decay of the physical body can't be stopped and so, you die. Exercises and diet have a much more noticeable effect.
Image 1/2
>>
File: 048.png (67 KB, 800x974) Image search: [Google]
048.png
67 KB, 800x974
>>17289042
And image 2/2. I have about 4/5 of the pages of the book like this, but only a mobi/azw3 with the full book (you can upload it to your Kindle app, or read it with Calibre on a computer, which also can be used to convert it to epub).
Link to the ebook:
https://a.pomf.cat/ccqrrm.zip
>>
If I wanted to preserve my spirit/soul in the best way possible to interact with my descendants as a protector and guide, how would I do that?
I have a good basis in Norse and sigil magick; I have a feeling it'd involve creating a personal sigil and leaving it in the grimoire I plan to pass down.
>>
>>17289084
Just bind your own spirit to a family heirloom.
>>
>>17289089
How, though? That almost implies separating it from this husk before death.
>>
>>17289042
>>17289054
That's neato, thanks man.
>>
>>17289084
I'm not sure; let me give you my poorly educated opinion. There's the, erm, let's call it astral afterlife. You are supposed to ascend from it to the mental plane, but worries with your prior life tend to pull you back here into reincarnation, so...
>>
>>17289089
>>17289093
also, adding to this, I'd prefer to be able to fluidly move around and interact with them; rather than being bound to an object.
>>
>>17289100
>I'm not sure; let me give you my poorly educated opinion. There's the, erm, let's call it astral afterlife. You are supposed to ascend from it to the mental plane, but worries with your prior life tend to pull you back here into reincarnation, so...
I understand where you're coming from. I have sort of a dualistic idea/approach to the idea of the soul; similar to the classic Egyptian idea of the Ka-- a sort of remnant spirit that hangs out after death, being a personification of the Self.
>>
>>17289102
I'm afraid you need the bind to avoid ascension or reincarnation, unless, while in the astral plane, you figure out a way to stay there without moving to other planes.

There are conditions, which I don't know because as far as I know I never has been there, that make you stay in the astral plane. Talking with others there may help you. I read on a book once that some people stayed there for thousands of years, this would be what you are looking for; you could communicate with your family via dreams.

>>17289107
You should read the book I linked in >>17289054, it will be of your interest, specially the section on vampires.

Oh, by the way. NO. ETHERIC. REVENANTS.
>>
Is GD lurking in the house? I doubt it, but worth a shot.
>>
File: cover.jpg (81 KB, 673x876) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
81 KB, 673x876
>>17281456

This one isn't too bad.

http://www98.zippyshare.com/v/diLBJBxA/file.html
>>
File: cover.jpg (694 KB, 1650x2125) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
694 KB, 1650x2125
>>17281456

Back it up with a good scholarly text like this one though.

http://www96.zippyshare.com/v/19vQcwMq/file.html
>>
>>17290020
>posting empty back covers
Is this occult?
>>
File: 5d40r550Rc2.jpg (112 KB, 800x524) Image search: [Google]
5d40r550Rc2.jpg
112 KB, 800x524
>>17290020

Thank you for that link anon!

---------------

But this moron here: >>17290025 Wow, not only literally judging a book by it's cover, but to lame to figure how to download a .pdf??
>>
>>17290025

That's a front cover. Note the spine, dipshit.

What part of "scholarly text" did you not understand?
>>
File: laughing cruise.jpg (89 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
laughing cruise.jpg
89 KB, 500x333
>>17290074
>literally missing the joke
>>
>>17282724

Closest things I have are "Thracian Magic" and "Balkan Traditional Witchcraft".
>>
File: 1_troll.png (73 KB, 755x1255) Image search: [Google]
1_troll.png
73 KB, 755x1255
>>17290081
>>
>>17290081

You don't have to pretend, dude. You're anonymous - nobody knows that it's YOU being stupid.
>>
>>17288054

Thanks for the link to the Bord book! I remember reading that when it first came out as a "pocketbook" edition. I've tried to find a digital copy a few times, unsuccessfully. I wish as many people would make digital copies of paranormal/fortean books as they do occult titles. I have just as big an interest in "strange phenomena" as I do in self-development.
>>
>>17282724
>>17290099

Forgot, I have "Slavic Pagan World", "Encyclopedia of Russian & Slavic Myth and Legend", and Eliade's "Zalmoxis" too. I need to organize my tags better, I guess.

Let me know if you'd like uploads.
>>
File: 6380_d9b7_500.jpeg.jpg (121 KB, 500x676) Image search: [Google]
6380_d9b7_500.jpeg.jpg
121 KB, 500x676
>>17275251
SE/x/Y
>>
https://d.maxfile.ro/nklszetkfh.mp3

Does hearing something transcendental help you on your way to improving yourself?
>>
>>17290236
Yep. Try Wax Fang or Tool.
>>
>>17290241

Ay,ay my mage-man. Currently listening to Aeinma right now to link sound to my studies. In practice however I found Electric Wizard and Sunn 0))) are most suitable.
>>
>>17290365
Whatever fits for you is best.
>>
>>17275258
Read the Bible KJV, the demons bow to God in his presence
>>
>>17275258
Realize all systems are bullshit and the only truth you'll ever find comes from yourself.
>>
File: T100GPH.jpg (299 KB, 826x1018) Image search: [Google]
T100GPH.jpg
299 KB, 826x1018
>>17290145
I'm not that Anon, but uploads would be appreciated.
>>17290119
Just checking do you have this, right? (image is the cover).
http://www82.zippyshare.com/v/fWoCfIcp/file.html
Problem: it doesn't play well with Ghostscript (read: Linux, basically). A distracting horizontal white line appears through all pages in certain zoom levels. The file is *not* damaged.
>>
Anyone has the Golden Dawn curriculum? Please post a link if you do.
>>
Are there any occult symbols for loneliness?
>>
File: 4chan.png (120 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
120 KB, 550x550
>>17291138
>>
What should my reading order be if I want to learn more about Thelema? Should I start with the book of the law?
>>
>>17292256
Book of Thoth, duquettes guide to the book of Thoth, everything else. It's a rough ride if you don't know what he's talking about and rougher still if you don't already know golden dawn and general western occultism.
>>
>>17276199
Let me give you a different perspective. Case 1: think of "ambition". It is something that was considered a sin, now you must be ambitious.

Case 2: The Pandora's Jar (inb4 box. Get lost). The jar contained all the evils in the world. Pandora opened the jar and all the evils escaped. Only hope was left behind before Pandora closed it again.
You heard this cute story for so long that you perhaps never wondered what hope was doing inside the jar-with-all-evils. The jar is the human heart. All the bad emotions run through the world, and sometimes they get you, except Hope. Hope, the expectation for the impossible to happen, that keeps anchoring you, which the old Greek considered the worst of all evils, always present in the human heart.

Case 3: Romance! You may have been told about the evils of the arranged marriages that go against *Love*! The cultures where this is the norm consider it a plague. Passion fades away, resulting in social disorder, misfit children and alimonies. Many Romantic books were banned upon release because of their disrupting effects (censoring is not effective, forbidden fruit etc, but in this case my heart goes to the censors).

Listen to some gospel music, and you will notice that it is romantic music with Jesus substituted for the lover. Religious or meditative practice will fill the love void; you don't need anchors. Besides, working with magic near growing children is *bad*. Children are more sensitive and receptive than adults to entities... guess where they will go when you protect yourself with your banishment rituals.
>>
>>17291093
Plenty of material in the library iirc

Tbqh though, I wouldn't bother trying to do GD on your own unless you're quite experienced, it's a fundamentally group-based system, parsing it out for one person would be difficult and probably shit.

I'd advise the A.'.A.'. system instead if you're doing it on your own, it's essentially the same system. Luckily, the library has probably the most comprehensive version of it publicly available anywhere
>>
File: 26.png (67 KB, 501x768) Image search: [Google]
26.png
67 KB, 501x768
>>17294015
I have here a starter book on GD for a solo student. Unfortunately the PDF is not optimized, and the 170ishMB thingie will take about 30 minutes to upload from my 100KBytes/s upload.
I have a way smaller version here:
http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/f8zP5FSl/file.html
But you need to replace page 26 with the image in my post. You will also need six other books that are very common, listed inside.

From that, you should be able to continue on your own. Note: I don't use GD because the leftovers from my fedora time made me allergic to Judeo-Christian symbols. I'm at the very beginning stages of a system called Celtic Golden Dawn.
>>
>>17294212
You need three of these books only. Choose any.

Dion Fortune - Mystical Qabalah
Gareth Knight - (book 1) A Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism
Gareth Knight - (book 2) A Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism
Israel Regardie - The Tree of Life
John Greer - Paths of Wisdom
Walter Butler - The Magician His Training and Work
William Gray - The Ladder of Lights
>>
>>17294212
I'm not saying solo GD systems haven't been developed, what I'm saying is that they're mostly garbage.

Haven't seen the Celtic one before, but it's important to remember that the entire RR et AC depends on Rosicrucian symbolism....so yeah, you'll be using Christian symbolism.

>>17294221
They explain some of the theoretical underpinnings of GD, but not the cirriculum itself.

Pat Zalewski and Regardie both give accounts of the rites, though you'll need to actually practice them and read very widely to actually understand them.
>>
>>17294239
I'm actually wary of not using GD and missing all its literature. Maybe I will just swallow it and deal with the J-C symbols.
I have the paper book from the CGD thingie, and this .mobi of it:
http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/CwfFsLZP/file.html
Aside different names, the Tree of Life is arranged in a different way. Possibly there are other differences later.
>>
>>17294212
And here the book with higher quality.
http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/LBtLSKD4/file.html
Eventually I should make the smaller file myself, but please don't hold your breath waiting for it.
>>
>>17294212
Working through the system a second time. I find regardie does a good job of playing down the christian aspects of it, and not overplaying the jewish aspect of it. The names of the powers can cause a strong aversion, but at the same time there is very little work to be done with the "One True God" and the powers that you spend the majority of the time working with can be assigned to other pantheons. In Garden of Pomegranates regardie discusses what other gods would be associated with the various spheres, though the book can be hard to get through.
>>
File: GoldenDawn.jpg (1 MB, 1767x2560) Image search: [Google]
GoldenDawn.jpg
1 MB, 1767x2560
>>17294345
Well, this doorstopper surely looks nice.
>>
>>17294282
Didn't have this one yet, ty
>>
>>17294221
I'm going to read all of them and you can't stop me
>>
File: 2183699.jpg (35 KB, 318x458) Image search: [Google]
2183699.jpg
35 KB, 318x458
>>17294361
easier on the eyes than the self defense accessory I'm working through
>>
>>17294361
Though I should mention it is not without its flaws.
>>17278570
>>
What should I start reading if I'm interested in cultivating a kind of inner energy/fire without any danger of outside influence ? Was big into psionics as a teenager, and read some crowley but I never felt like I got anything tangible out of it. Also interested in basic intro into Christian esotercism for an agnostic but searching person.
>>
What's the most impressive thing you guys can do ?
>>
>>17294560
I know a couple card tricks
>>
>>17294560
Confuse you with pretentious bullshit
>>
>>17294560
Franz Bardon does some pretty high claims on what can be done by some persons. Basically, one could pull a Christ, resurrecting the dead, walking over water and shit. Reading his books, one gets the feeling he's carefully trying to avoid the conclusion that Christ was just an adept.
On myself, I find funny that John and Paul just thought mentioning Mary's virginity was unimportant, and the unaccounted Jesus' childhood spent on Egypt, of all places, and the Magi visit raise all kinds of alarms.
>>
File: 2016-01-30 18.21.06.jpg (3 MB, 1676x2981) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-30 18.21.06.jpg
3 MB, 1676x2981
I found this Solomon-esque "amulet of protection" at a hippie shop today, any info on it, or is it just thrown together occulty symbols. Either way I just like the style and I'm keeping it, but help would be nice.
>>
>>17294770
sadly googling "zodiac around fairy star around pentagram" doesn't bring up a good source.
http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/2320
>>
>>17294928
Thanks for the help
>>
What do you guys think of Karl Jung?
>>
When it comes to Norse magick, what could I use a drinking horn for?

Also, when using wands, what the hell am I supposed to do?
I keep seeing them referred to as necessary tools in a variety of work, but no one specifies what I actually need to do with them.
>>
>>17295270
Wave them around in a figure eight and scream "Hocus Pocus"
>>
>>17294560
Management consulting, pretty nasty fadeaway if you feed me the rock on the left block, but so few wizards know how to throw entry passes these days
>>
>>17295227
Obligatory. Name is Carl with a "C", . Not bullying, it's just aggravating to see it written wrong.
Instead of throwing you directly into his books, I would let someone else to introduce him. Go read *now* Daimonic Reality by Patrick Harpur. Read the whole book, don't try only to look for the Jung section. Then, you will be ready for Jung and other ventures.
And don't be a cheap bastard, get the Red Book with the illustrations.

Daimonic Reality:
http://bookzz.org/md5/F0FFF93E5BDCCCD182B46BCC074E05BB
Ignore the huespeak in this sample, you are getting it for the images.
Sample of the images in the Red Book:
http://www.editoravozes.com.br/pdf/parciais/8532639755.pdf
>>
File: IMG_20160131_023337.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160131_023337.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>17275112
>>17275112
>>17275112
wtf tell me why I was drawing randomly high ass fuck threw this in the trash, its exactly 2:34 as I type this holy fuck synchronity to the max, I then go on 4chan check paranormal and the first image I see is I say holy fuck I just drew that randomly, WTF TRIPPY ASS FUCK tell me what u guys think... maybe im a advanced civilization Ive always said it universal knowledge IS WITHIN ME!
>>
>>17296596
The fuck do you mean? What does this drawing have to do with anything??? It looks like a dinosaur desu
>>
>>17296605
Its the same guy with wings from the picture of this post
vvvv
>>17275112
>>
Does enochian tables, seals and other stuff really HAVE to be made out of laurel wood?
I really can't get laurel wood.
Are there substitute materials? Anyone perhaps wiling to share how their table of practice looks/works/was made?
>>
>>17296609
wtf man
you channeled the magics
>>
>>17296629
brother I even drew the giza pyramjds perfectly even did the x thst does the symetry and the small pyramids by the side insane..
>>
File: IMG_20160131_025931.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160131_025931.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>17296629
NOW IT SHOWS UP ON THE FUCKIN VIDEO IM WATCHING ON U TUBE HOLY FUCK EVEN MORE SYNCHRONITY!!!!
>>
>>17296628
Do you know why arsenic is toxic? It's because it's similar enough to phosphorus that the body tries to use it - but it's not phosphorus, it doesn't "work", and this is why.
Possibly you can get it, for a price. Search thrift stores in your city for objects made of it.
>>
>>17296609
>>17296660
It is most definetly not what is in the op picture. Tbh it just seems like youre making connections where there are none, possibly because of the drugs.
>>
File: 1453941446555.jpg (35 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1453941446555.jpg
35 KB, 640x640
>tfw you missed GD again
>>
Can someone help me astral project like is there a food or pill i can take?
>>
File: 1451855550611.gif (386 KB, 774x690) Image search: [Google]
1451855550611.gif
386 KB, 774x690
>>17296596
I've posted several different depictions of the kerubs over the past few days. You probably saw it in another thread and just had the image sitting behind your eyes without thinking about it.

>>17296628
cedar works if memory serves

>>17296924
Get his email? and leave pep alone
>>
>>17297014
No I've got his email, I was just hoping for a more rapid exchange than that.

Um, the new Aghori files are mostly moved, I'm going to screw around and finalize a bit because I can post another update thread for our next one.
>>
>>17296962
A light vegetable meal is usually better so your body isn't to busy digesting. But no there isn't any food or drink which throws you into the astral.
>>
>>17297019
I've heard melatonin helps.
>>
>>17297016
This thread is going by slowly enough were you should have enough time. Going to let someone else post the next few threads, going to be busy for a couple weeks.
>>
Hey senpai, does anyone know or have experience with the nath order? ive met a few in india but i just found out theres some sort or form of it in the west (under the name of The Nath Order)

As far as im reading their wiki they seem legit and at the same time idiotic. For example their "MAGIKOS: Magick and Gramarye Initiate Knights of Shambhala" seems like the most autistic thing ive heard of in a while. also
>white, western guru
idk what his adds up to. itd be nice to have a teacher from the naths as ive always felt drawn to them, and it would aso allow me to grow without spending my last shekels on going to india.
>>
>>17297109
Yup.

INO is legit. AMOoKoS is legit. INO decries AMOoKoS because they lean on Crowley too hard, but in the end Mahendranath initiated Lokanath and told him to fold the shit back into Thelema.

That open book is a super beginners intro to sycnhretism. Lokanath's website's legit as fuck.

http://shivashakti.com/

You can go either or. INO's going to work you harder in a traditional rite structure and is larger. AMOoKoS, unless you're already on the ball, is going to be what you put in it. I doubt you'll get much hard instruction unless you show that you're going to get value from it. I get the impression they only connect you with Naths for initiation if they think you're not a total fuckup.
>>
>>17297168
Haha i can only imagine the people they get. Any way to contact them? Im either retarded or there is no contact email on the INO site.

And the AMOoKoS is some golden dawn shit? Or what? Confused desu ;-;
>>
>>17297215
AMOoKoS is a valid tradition of Natha ran by Lokanath but has opened up to the greater Western world. It's not like Golden Dawn. It's not like that book that's old as fuck...it's like what you make it like. You tell them what you're interested in doing and currently doing and if it clicks they'll take you deeper. That's my impression.

INO isn't in Europe, it seems:
http://www.nathorder.org/wiki/Zonules_of_the_International_Nath_Order
>>
>>17297250
Damn i just read the amookos pge, ill chrck it out. Maybe ill learn something.
>>
Orgasm lady here.

Just want to say that I rocked back and forth for hours on a very high dose of mdma and now my nipples are sensitive, when they were numb for YEARS.

I'm so happy.

Kundalini to try next.
>>
>>17297367
imo continue experimenting with mdma safely. kundalini is not the best idea
>>
File: bhairava_by_tejomaya-d4v2nbp.jpg (415 KB, 845x945) Image search: [Google]
bhairava_by_tejomaya-d4v2nbp.jpg
415 KB, 845x945
>>17297367
:3
>>
File: 6c1.gif (418 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
6c1.gif
418 KB, 500x351
>>17297367
Careful with that, using to much or too often will desensitize you for life.
Regardie's Lazy mans guide to relaxation will help you become more aware of your body which may help.
Also what's your fetish?
>>
>>17297376
>the thirst-man cometh
>>
>>17297371
It seems like kundalini is something that needs to happen to you on its own, as a non-spontaneous awakening can apparently take years to achieve.

I was "lucky" and experienced a spontaneous awakening, but I can't say it's done me much good.
>>
File: 1243310847833.jpg (146 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1243310847833.jpg
146 KB, 360x480
>>17297380
Top kek
What I mean is, is it a mental blockage like she's not sure what excites her, or is biological like receptors on the fritz.
>like what happens when you use to much molly
>>
>>17297384
yup pretty much. It can also fuck you up for god if youre not prepared. Generally its best to keep it the way it is unless you are ok with fucking up your life completly
>>
>>17297374
the AMOoKoS site seems dead now that i further investigated it. Are they closed?
>>
File: 1454269556640.jpg (581 KB, 1948x3059) Image search: [Google]
1454269556640.jpg
581 KB, 1948x3059
bump
>>
File: 1441829982380.jpg (42 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
1441829982380.jpg
42 KB, 500x346
>tfw Zorak still exists on this plane

Well met, friend! Feline blessings be upon thee.
>>
>>17297890
Not dead yet.
Feline? are you the infamous pink cat? or the blue one? or someone else entirely?
>>
>>17294239
>I'm not saying solo GD systems haven't been developed, what I'm saying is that they're mostly garbage.
Have you read "Self initiation [...]" by Ciceros? I think it's doable with a little bit of streamlining and letting some stuff loose.
>>
>>17298013
That's a trash meme. I bet it's Aeris back from a nice cloppin'.

>>17298176
It was workable as a solo system before Cicero(s) and it was called A.'.A.'.
>>
I'm planning to kill myself soon. If you have any suggestions for anything extreme (like specific rituals) before i kill myself, reply to this post. I am willing to do anything.
>>
>>17298266
I highly suggest doing the natural death ritual. You dont killyourself and let it happen normally.

Why would you even kill yourself if trump is about to win? Just sit back and enjoy the show.
>>
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 900x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 900x1125
>>17298013
All and none, friend (actually fuck that, not that pink one).

>>17298231
You upjumped fucking initiate, I swear by Abraxas that if I ever catch you on the mental plane, I'll load your ass so chockfull of negative energy that you will become henceforth physically unable to perform the rite of autofellatio. Try being a top Thelemite then, you fool of Malkuth
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.