[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird Experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
So, /x/, I've been a long time hopeful in the belief of the paranormal, hung around /x/ for a couple years and posted a few times. Until recently I was dating a guy who shared a stronger belief, if hesitantly so, in the paranormal or supernatural. When we broke up I took a pretty long break from /x/ and spoop stuff because I didn't want to be reminded of good times.

Anyway, with the backstory up there, I work pretty late into the night, walking home at that very special time where there are typically no cars and no people around, for my town it's about 3 am. I've seen a cop car once, they stopped and asked where I was walking, told them home and they just drove off. But more and more lately I'm seeing weird shit. A few nights ago I saw a guy in a raincoat with the hood pulled up turn the corner ahead of me when I walked out of my office building, it was the direction I had to walk so I just ignored him and hoped he'd be gone when I got there, but when I turned the corner he was still a short distance ahead of me, he crossed the street and I crossed behind, but when he got onto the curb and turned to walk down the sidewalk he walked behind some parked cars and when I got up on the curb like ten seconds later he was gone. I tried to ignore it, hoping he wasn't going to jump out and mug me or something, but I didn't see him behind those cars or anywhere else, there weren't any corners for him to get behind or anything.

Basically there's been a bunch of shit that seems fairly mundane but really odd going on since then, that's all sort of built up, I'm going to post some more of it below this, but any ideas? I'm not sure if I believe in gangstalking or whatever, and I don't think these people are ghosts, it's just a bunch of weird shit and I was wondering if you guys had any advice.
>>
OP here continuing with some more of that shit.
A night later I was almost home and this old model Chevvy 4 door pulls up next to me going the wrong way down the street and the guy starts yelling to get my attention, I walk off the sidewalk on the other side to try and get some distance and he just starts honking, so I stop and look and he's just glaring at me, I pop out my headphones and walk a bit closer and he starts demanding directions to some bar I've never heard of, he says his brother is drunk and needs to be picked up there and I assure him I don't know what he's talking about. He asks me to check on my phone, and I basically say it's about to die so I won't. He offers to let me charge it using his car's mobile charger if I'll get in and help with directions, and I pretty much tell him to get fucked, and I've never even heard of that bar, he just gives me this disgusted look and drives off. I looked it up when I got home and that bar was open a few blocks away down the street, but it had closed a few months back and was replaced by an some English style pub.

For the past few weeks since then I've seen a similar car (I'm not sure it's the same) parked on the corner across from my apartment building when I'm walking home so I take the far corner and walk around the back to head home, I've seen it with it's trunk open but no one inside or standing around it, and one of the times it's lights were on, but when I got inside and looked out the blinds in my bedroom the car had moved to the other corner and a few minutes later drove off. Since that night I have one of my coworkers drop me off at my place and I don't take my dog out till morning, specifically because I'm pretty spooped.
>>
G'day OP, A very similar event happened to my missus awhile back, with a bloke that just randomly appeared one night outside of her work asking for directions to a place (we assume) doesn't exist. Turns out it was a creeper that she said 'hello' or something as equally mundane, which this guy took for flirting. Any way we after I spent a few nights at work with her this guy fucked off and was never seen again.

My advice, try remember if you recognize the guy or the car from past experiences, there may be a connection of sorts. Failing that, contact your local police and get them to investigate.

I will check back for updates. Good luck.
>>
don't know about the first one but the second one sounded like a guy knew of a bar in the area and was looking to find someone probably to rape. He had a phone charger but no phone, sound suspicious to me. I would say be very aware of your surroundings and possibly carry pepper spray
>>
3 am to 4 am is pretty much the witching hour.

I've had subtle, but strange things happen to me as well during this hour.
The only advice I have is to stay in well lit areas as much as possible.
>>
>>17261513
care to tell some?
>>
Well this isn't really paranormal but it did creep the fuck out of me, I was riding my shitty old scooter around my house
>I was 10 at the time
It was 4pm and it was about time for dinner so my mom was gonna call me soon. Then I see this guy with a really red face, and when I mean really, I mean fucking bright red as if it was face paint. He was across the street, without looking he crossed the street and came near me. I can hear my mom calling me. He was a few feet away from me, I could hear him breathing extremely heavy. Then my mom comes out of the house to get me. She sees me running. She asked me what I'm running from. We were inside at the time so the red faced guy was gone by now. I told her about him and how he got really close to me. I ask her if she knows who that was. She said she didn't see anyone near me. I flipped my shit and never went outside by myself for years until we moved. I still get spooked thinking about it
>>
>>17261526
It's not really interesting, just subtle stuff that makes your nerves get on edge.
Like, do you know those light sensors that turn on the porch lights when somebody gets near?
Well, I've seen them turn off in response to my approach, which means that either an observer turned them off or somebody else walked past it just a few minutes earlier.
I live in a small sleepy commuter town so this is pretty unusual.
One time I also found a narrow passage where all the street lights had gone out. I took one step in and something screamed at me.
I still don't know if it was my imagination or some kind of animal or sp00ky ghost, but it did make me turn around pretty fast.
So as I said, nothing too interesting, but I've stopped going on nightly walks during this hour.
>>
>>17261613
The sensor light out the front of my place will turn on unexpectedly. I have security camera's as well that are also motion activated. I stopped reviewing the footage when I found that every time it happens, nothing is captured. I replaced the system a couple of times thinking it a fault in the hardware, to no avail.

It still happens to this day
>>
>>17261684
that is really creepy, because I have some motion lights at my house and I have to move a lot to get them to notice me
>>
>>17261700
I even turned down the sensitivity on both the light and camera thinking it may be the wind moving the tree's or a cat or something. Until I noticed cats don't come near my yard, although I do have dogs, but they are in the back in their kennel sleeping.

I'm really hoping that I will get footage or something to explain why this is happening or what is causing this to happen
>>
>>17261723
if I have learned anything from watching movies I would say no you don't want to know. But I'm sure it must drive you batty not knowing
>>
>>17261684
>>17261723
That's weird. Is it just completely random or are there any accompanying events?
>>
>>17261684
Those things respond to large, sudden differences in heat within their vision radius.
Something is creating longwave infrared light - either something warm or something that specifically emits that light.
>>
>>17261732
I Have seriously considered getting an EMF device, a Geiger counter and a few other bits and bobs just to try and answer a few questions and eliminate possible causes. But footage would be ideal.

Morbid curiosity is a curse
>>
>>17261817
Not a great deal, sometimes my phone will lose WiFi signal and tower coverage>>17261817
>>17261817
even though I am in a 4G area. TV will flicker if I happen to be up that late.
> usual times for occurrences tend to be around 3-4am, but can happen as early as 9-10pm.

Unfortunately the occurrences are unreliable, some times they will happen every night for a week. Or other times they will be months apart. It's hard to gauge when they will occur next so that I can 'study' the events leading up to and after.
>>
>>17261940
Stupid ctrl+c
>>
Regularly walking the streets at night at 3-4am is a really bad idea if you're female OP, unless you live in a small, tight knit community. Even then, I wouldn't feel totally safe doing it even as a fit young man who knows MMA (attackers often use numbers/weapons to gain an advantage).

You should seriously consider changing your routine. One of the first things they teach you in a self-defence class is to avoid quiet urban areas late at night. Prevention is better than the cure.
>>
>>17262046
Unless you can be batman.
>>
OP again, sorry I was a bit late in coming back to this, but I really appreciate all of the support and advice. I'd considered calling the cops but was a bit afraid I might come off sounding just plain paranoid or something along those lines haha.

I have been trying to change it up a bit, like I said asking one of my coworkers to drive me home instead, and he doesn't mind, I don't think. Only been doing that for a week but I offered to pay him once a week for gas money for the little drive every night and he said sure, so I think I'll do that at least for a while.

I also considered getting some kind of self defense tool, like pepper spray or a stun gun or something, but I don't think anything like that is likely in my budget and I'd rather avoid anyone wanting to approach me aggressively than risk it and think I can defend myself.

Anyway I think I'll keep having my coworker drive me home, at least for a good long while, and if I see that car again I'll try to get some pictures of it or the guy if it looks like the same guy so I can go to the cops if they keep it up. Thanks everyone!
>>
Get pepper spray n taser rdy b4 u start ur walk home
>>
>>17262046
>attackers often use weapons to gain an advantage
As a FMA practioner look into doing do it you'll learn knife defence and usage.
>>
>>17260551
Who in their right mind think walking 3am would be splendid idea,a female of all gender,just stay inside at your damn home woman,problem solve.
>>
>>17261836
So witbout trying to sound intelligent, it's a heat sensor. And from the sounds of it, it's probably just an animal that's outside of it's visible range (at night) but within it's infrared range.
>>
>>17261940
I seriously doubt there's anything unusual/paranormal there. If I got weirded out everytime my TV or signal went haywire I'd be living in a cave by now.
>>
Yeah stay in your damn house woman damn
>>
>>17261613
Something similar happens to me, but with street lamps burning out when I walk near them. Doesn't happen every time, but much too often for it to be a coincidence.
>>
>>17260551
Get a gun if they're legal where you live, and a car if you can afford one. Walking home unarmed at 3 am is not smart.
>>
>>17262397
>Who in their right mind
a minimum wage shift worker potentially?
>>
Gonna greentext because better

>be me 16
>be home alone
>mom is traveling because of job
>dad passed away year ago
>sister pretty much disappeared for a few days
>"muh freedom" she says
>be 10pm
>in my room doing fuck you why you wanna know
>hear the 2 dogs going apeshit in the backyard
>rush to the back door, look out the big ass window
>dogs are growling at some shit in the edge of muh property
>keep in mind i live in a town
>think neighbors dog was being an ass again
>get dogs inside
>after a while go to sleep
>wake up at like 2 am
>door to my room is closed as always
>hear steps outside muh room
>force hitting the walls
>suddenly noises stop right at my door
>something hits the door
>the force is enough to open the door
>get on the floor
>everybody walk the dinosaur
>>
>>17267248
Boom-boom-acka-lacka-fuck you.
>>
I would literally not give one fuck if I was being gang stalked.
Go ahead. Watch me eat mac n cheese in my underwear, you cunts.
>>
>>17268117
No offense to OP & people who are gang stalked, though. I just mean that I, as an individual, would not care. I rarely leave my house and when I do, I'm not alone and it's for short periods of time because fuck everyone else.
>>
>>17262397
Walking in the middle of the night is calming, relaxing, weird, or freakish depending on what's going on during a particular night. I do it all the time. And, by doing it, I have learned that it's not cool to keep doing it at the same exact time. Predictability is bad. Very bad.

>who in their right mind
We're on /x/. Nobody here is in their right mind.

OP - It's definitely a creeper. The key is to avoid walking at the times he expect you. Getting rides is a good move if you insist on the 3AM time (which you're probably stuck with if you have a set shift), but the best way to screw 'em up is to vary your schedule massively so that the pervert has to either waste hours and hours staking out the place or give up. I switch my walks up so that they happen at any time between 1AM and 4AM, and I've yet to see one that has the patience for that.

It's too bad he knows where you live. That's bad. Set up some booby trap "clutter" so if anyone breaks in, they'll fall all over it and give you plenty of time to respond with your weapon of choice.
>>
>>17262255
Stun guns arent shit. I have a 3 million volt and it just feels like a sharp pinch. Pepper spray is better but it wont help if the attacker is crazy enough or on hard enough drugs. Your coworker driving you home is best. Give them a generous amount of gas money because its worth it.
>>
>>17268132
>Set up some booby trap "clutter" so if anyone breaks in, they'll fall all over it and give you plenty of time to respond with your weapon of choice.

Christmas bells or cat collars on doorknobs are a good idea.
>>
>>17268381
>I have a 3 million volt and it just feels like a sharp pinch.
>3 million volts just a pinch
>>
>>17262397
where the fuck does it say its a woman
>>
File: 1453603826450.jpg (26 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453603826450.jpg
26 KB, 250x250
>>17267633
fuck you. also nice dubs
>>
>>17269804
I'm not the person you replied to, but most people on planet earth are straight, so it's safe to assume that OP would be a female.
>>
>>17260551
Not to induce more panic in you OP but be very careful. Lets just say I know of human abducting methods and this all sounds very similiar to them.
Just be careful OP. Please.
>>
>>17268127
Is gang stalking even a thing? Like forums devoted to following one person?
>>
>>17269900
Not forums, no, but there are a couple people that get off on trying to use others to create an appearance of gangstalking. I pity them.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.