[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unusual Sleeping Technique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1424574958989.jpg (919 KB, 1251x1800) Image search: [Google]
1424574958989.jpg
919 KB, 1251x1800
Does anyone else have this happen to you while meditation/preparing for lucid dreaming before going to bed?

I tried this new technique this whole week and it happens every night. Simple breathing excersize to reduce movement while laying flat on your back in through your nose out your mouth or vice versa. Not moving an inch in bed, while keep repeating to yourself in your mind that you are going to lucid dream. After 10-20min, ill start to feel tinkles up and down my body(which is normal). But this is the weird fucking part. Ill start to feel like my head is melting to the right side of my pillow and get lower and lower into it. At the same time my head goes deeper into the quicksand my breathing speeds up and it feels like there is a great pressure on my chest. It feels like my head dipping to the right very slow, but noticeable.

Anyone have any same scenarios, or could this be the next stage for achieving astral proj, or lucid dream?
>>
>>17253612
The only time I've ever achieved it, was once last week. I was already in the middle of a dream. I was walking up towards some houses (after a few other events) and the idea, murky at first, starting sharpening in my mind. I managed to say "I'm only dreaming." Nothing was particularly out of the ordinary, either. I started flying on about my 3rd try or so. And honestly? It's beyond anything I've felt in my life. I'm dying to try it again but I just can't grasp it. I need BEGINNERS tools.
>>
>>17253682
Also let me add I was up and down, in and out of sleep and other dreams all night. That might've changed something.
>>
>>17253682
I've experienced lucid dream before just by mistake or very little pre excersize, but this is when im still conciousness, right before I am about to fall asleep, Ive never experienced this before.
>>
>>17253612
I get a different experience. Sometimes, especially after a long day out, I lie in bed and before I can nod off to sleep I start feeling like my whole room is spinning and my body is moving at a very fast speed, like I'm in a hurricane. Only stops when I move about or concentrate my thoughts.

When I lose focus, it happens all over again,making me nauseous. Sometimes accompanying the spinning is either a faint whisper of a woman or a barking dog whose voices get louder the more I lose myself to it. The fear and intensity of it is so extreme that I always pull myself out especially when the feeling of being torn away begins to happen.
>>
>>17253800
W-what. You mean like the wizard of oz?
>>
If I use this technique I usually have distortion in my sensory space. Like looking at different parts of my body through a fish eye lens along with the sensation of them taking on that size.
>>
File: Dorothy and Toto.jpg (17 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
Dorothy and Toto.jpg
17 KB, 260x260
>>17253800
>>
>>17253800
Your mind from the lot of work get uncontrollable.
Think your tension this is how ducted.
This is a dangerous status.

Tipp:
You could do some active sleep.
Or...
Use meditaion..
Maybe..
Change your meal habitat.
Prefer more B-12 vitamin contain fruit.
Eat some fish.
When you drink coffe or smoke.. then should less from them.
>>
>>17254985
but.. oh.. i wanna say..
there is a way to use it..

but that damage your soul critically..
maybe.. maybe you can overcome to it..
watch in the eye your fear..
not just hear... experience the women..
focus on she..
leave to eat from you..
then with your inner light burn it to yourself..
then it's be a part of you and their power.. but really.. really.. carefully.. and with preparation
>>
>>17253612
That's sleep paralysis, at least looks like it
>>
Not so much lucid but to provoke really strange dreams i used to eat cheese and shot some form of liquor. Worked too.

At its zenith i realised it was a dream and woke up. Thats as far as ive got with lucid dreaming
>>
>>17253612
Yeah that happens to me whenever I lucid dream/astral project. It feels sort of like sinking into your bed or falling backward. Unfortunately it's usually enough of a startle to wake me up, but if you keep your focus and just go with it, you'll reach a point where you'll be in more control and experience visions/lucid dreams/astral project. I don't know if this is a common occurrence or if there's a specific name for this phenomenon, but it's happened to me every single time I've astral projected, be it willingly through meditation, or accidentally when going to sleep at night.
>>
Whenever I try to WILD my heart begins to beat really fast and I can't enter the dreaming state

what do?
>>
>>17256813

i agree. that's how i feel when sleep paralysis sets in when i'm wide awake
>>
trying to wake during a dream is good, and provides very vivid experiences, but i find it impossible to make happen

ive had most success with wake induced lucid dreaming. trying to start lucid dreaming before you actually fall asleep.

some tips:

have a nap a few hours after waking up, this is the best time to try. try sleeping too much or not enough the night before.

set alarms for 10 minutes, snooze is great, set the first alarm for 10 minutes after you think you will have fallen asleep

recall your dreams from the nights before, both as soon as you wake up and when you go to sleep. everyone remembers dreams, most of us forget them as soon as we wake up, as we dont want to be confusing what we drempt with what has actually happened.

still your mind and listen carefully. look up closed eye visualizations on wikipedia

remember, you have the rest of your life to practice, dont expect strong results soon.

dont place too much importance on lucid dreams, its common to wake yourself out of a dream if you get too excited when you realize youre in a dream

dont push too hard, you can get false awakenings and sleep paralysis from lucid dreaming. sleep paralysis is shit, but after a while you start recognising it as soon as it happens, then you just wait for it to finish, which usually helps it finish quicker.

read up more about lucid dreaming, practice in different ways, take your time, dont expect strong results soon. its easier to just be aware that your dreaming than it is to have control over it
>>
Hey!! Hey!! That happens to me every fucking time that Im going to sleep!! Every single day!! Every fucking single day and I never have dreams!!!
>>
>>17256813
This...And its scary as fuck. I usually get nightmareish hallucinations...
>>
>>17256813
Google sleep paralysis
>>
>>17253875
syndrome of alice in wonderland maybe?
I have that shit and is not nice
>>
>>17253612
I Lucid Dream a lot but i can never do it on command, it always happens randomly but i hear some people use manually induced sleep paralysis as a way to lucid dream. Never been about to manually give myself sleep paralysis though, I can never sit still long enough.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.