[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
christian here, no1 here ever says stuff conventional God related,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Monk.jpg (887 KB, 2048x1306) Image search: [Google]
Monk.jpg
887 KB, 2048x1306
christian here, no1 here ever says stuff conventional God related, its always something like lilith or just wierd shit. or fucking grifter

I went to go be a monk since I hate the world like most people and thought being as close to God as possible and having no bullshit was the only sane way to live.

prepared for 5 months, even fasted on a mountain side about it. i get to the monestary and 2 days in i realise im not meant to be a monk

boring sad story since it met every ideal i have but the wierd part about the place is how it was an actual house of God, no one had ever taken advantage of it in its 125 years of being there, no homeless people showed up just cuz they wanted free food and shelter forever, nothing. the people who went there said they were there cuz it just felt like they had to be there right now and dont know why.

where else is like this? where God is actualy there and just a business with the word "religion" on it?
>>
You can be isolated and find peace in many different places. Your imaginary friend doesn't care where you do it.
>>
>>17247903
an athiest in /x/?
>>
File: God exists.webm (2 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
God exists.webm
2 MB, 1920x800
>>17247909
It's likelier than you think.
>>
>>17247883
Whether you indulge your flesh, as a hedonist, or restrict your flesh, as an ascetic, you are living by the flesh, and living by the flesh does not please God.

God can only be worshiped in the spirit.

Don't think you have to devote your life to being an ascetic in order to please God; if you are His adopted son, He's already pleased with you.
>>
op what really happened on your trip to broke back mountain?
>>
>>17247883
God is not a business. God is a belief system witch has evolved into a business.

God is to cigarettes, what religion is to Marlboro.

CCCXXXIII
>>
>>17248455
God is not a belief system
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 251x200) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 251x200
Behold, the power of God:

O LORD, Thou hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, Thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou measurest my going about and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, Thou knowest it altogether.
Thou hast hemmed me in behind and before, and laid Thy hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; too high, I cannot attain unto it.
Whither shall I go from Thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from Thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there; if I make my bed in the nether-world, behold, Thou art there.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there would Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand would hold me.
And if I say: 'Surely the darkness shall envelop me, and the light about me shall be night';
Even the darkness is not too dark for Thee, {N}
but the night shineth as the day; the darkness is even as the light.
For Thou hast made my reins; Thou hast knit me together in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks unto Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; {N}
wonderful are Thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
My frame was not hidden from Thee, {N}
when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Thine eyes did see mine unformed substance, and in Thy book they were all written-- {N}
even the days that were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
How weighty also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!
If I would count them, they are more in number than the sand; were I to come to the end of them, I would still be with Thee.
If Thou but wouldest slay the wicked, O God--depart from me therefore, ye men of blood;
Who utter Thy name with wicked thought, they take it for falsehood, even Thine enemies--
Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate Thee? And do not I strive with those that rise up against Thee?
>>
>>17247883
if you are there you are not spreading the Word of GOD here.
>>
>>17247909
Not atheist. If something doesn't follow the rules of physics and the universe, its not real.
>>
>>17248484
How dare you state what god is or is not heathen.

I call you to do gods work and not strive to fulfill your own tainted desires.

Why would you befowl the memory of your time so close to God by utilizing the image of another?

Are you afraid you will be judged? Coward
>>
>>17247883
This is why I fucking hate /x/ every time I get on here I see a thread that's so autistic it physically hurts to read through it.
>>
>>17247883
i've been seriously considering joining a monastery. what was it like, and what did you do?
did you have internet access?
>>
Personal opinion. God is in your heart, start there.
>>
>>17249364
True
>>
Your body is the temple of God, it is within you.
>>
>>17249150
>>internet access at a monastery

lulx, check out "brother nathaniel", he's either a genius or a crazy as all hell. to be honest, he is probably a really fun brother to live with at a monastery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ6JW0HE72U

in all honesty i think monasteries are absolutely positively wonderful places, but the Lord says something like: "not that My people should be taken out of the world, but that they should not be of the world"
>>
>>17251967
i have yet to watch brother Nathaniel's videos but they are very political in nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOpatky2dA

i feel that the LORD tells me people in monasteries are strong people, because the whole place is self sufficient. all of the work everyone does is probably infinitely more rewarding than economic labor, i imagine
>>
>>17252013
i think the best bet would be to mix monastery life with life in society as well, so that the tasks of the bible are not neglected
>>
>>17251967
not >>17249150, but thank you for the link, i'll be sure to check it out. is the culture/structure of monasteries significantly different from that of convents? i'm thinking of becoming a nun
>>
>>17252035
you know what, i've actually never actually been to a convent. i imagine it may be different from a monastery
>>
>>17248503
>reciting things a human novelist wrote down
>the "power of god"
If your pastor told you to jump of the church roof to please God, would you do it?
>>
>>17252044
well it seems kind of worldly to desire to preserve yourself and a group of people who agree to distance themselves from society and create some sort of a paradise here in this world (although isolation is exactly the thing which i desire for my life)

i imagine monasteries could also be of very functional importance to a society, though, as i believe they were historically

i've heard mt. athos is a really cool place
>>
>>17252041
i'm interested because i've read that convents have been important communities for women who are gender nonconforming/not attracted to men. i want to be a good christian but performing traditional gender roles and having a family with a man seems awkward and unappealing. i'd rather the charity work and scripture studies
>>
>>17252075
anon, perhaps this youtuber can help you. at least one of her videos were a pretty sound lecture

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH-FBwgf93rU-g8BH3xiuUQ
>>
>>17252084
i think this was the video i've seen of hers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da9XCPS6XeY
>>
>>17252084
thank you for showing this to me, she seems like a chill and insightful lady. and the "jontronshow" comes up as a related channel for some reason, right under five channels dedicated to russian orthodox lecturers.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.