[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
West Virginia Spoopies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (30 KB, 250x218) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30 KB, 250x218
Wanting to meet up with others and explore some spooky shit. Maybe even start up a crew. Located in the more southern part. Close to charleston, Beckley, summersville. Anyone else around?

Also, general West Virginia spoops thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 1280x720
The people of West Virginia are creepier than any sp00k ever could be.
>>
I live and work around the Charleston area but I would never come meet some crazed anonymous 4channer. Or anyone else off the internet for that matter.

My contribution to /x/ in WV is that I have seen a few UFOs here. I consider them extraterrestial in origin.
>>
>>17221842
Lived in WV, can confirm.
>>
>>17222409
Don't worry. No one wants to meet a quack from West Virginia that says they've seen UFOs lmao
>>
>>17221784

Lived in WV until I was 23 (Boone Co). Actually home seeing my family now. Went to the Hatfield Family Cemetery today. I've been to a lot of cemeteries, and this was by far one of the creepiest (the weather could have had something to do with it, idk). Anyhow, I'd recommend checking it out.
>>
File: legolas.jpg (218 KB, 1280x712) Image search: [Google]
legolas.jpg
218 KB, 1280x712
>>17221842
>>
>>17224285
lol legolas lost his blonde hair.
>>
>>17221842
currently living in wv, some dude is fucking his girlfriend in the car across the street

and i live in one of the better neighborhoods in my area
>>
I'm from this shitty state, the only thing in West Virginia is prescription pill abuse and coal. Fun fact: my grandfather on my mother's side is a product of inbreeding, My great grandfather knocked up his niece...
>>
charleston checking in. TONS of spooky shit to do. im down
>>
I was passing through wv during a long drive and I decided to stop at a park to stretch my legs. Went down a somewhat secluded path to do some yoga. Was clearing a spot to meditate and I stood up. Turned around and some hoopie piece is shit was ten yards away playing with his willie and staring at me. I'm a 27yo man BTW.
>>
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Six-Legged_Rape_Centaur

this is a famous one straight outta west virginia.
sorry i don't have the screencap i'm on mobile
>>
>>17221784
I'm in beckley man. Where are you?
>>
>>17221784
Fayetteville reporting in. I've seen some weird shit in town as well as in Oak Hill along with down Thurmond.
>>
>>17221842
>>17222446
>>17223749
>>17224325
Look at the pussies and bigots.
>>
>>17224753
You should have sucked his dick. Quit pretending you can do yoga and not be a huge fucking faggot.
>>
>>17225024
Huntington, but I used to live in Oak Hill and before I moved I saw a spirit hanging in a tree before they cut it down right next to the Free Masons building. Heard some girl hung herself there but not sure if that's the right spot. But it freaked me the fuck out as I walking home one evening coming off the trail.
>>
>>17224439
....but...muh mothman....
>>
Any spooky dookies in the northern panhandle?
>>
File: 7868456487.jpg (72 KB, 510x680) Image search: [Google]
7868456487.jpg
72 KB, 510x680
northern panhandle reporting in
>>
Is there a reason op posted this picture. Bc I live right where the red dot is. Super spoop.
>>
I live in Montgomery and you can see spooks roaming the streets at all hours of the day.
>>
St. Albans reporting in.
>>
Anybody from pointpleasant?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatwoods_monster
This?
>>
File: LOG1.jpg (19 KB, 200x400) Image search: [Google]
LOG1.jpg
19 KB, 200x400
West Virginia?? Best Virginia!!!!
Are you local???
This is a local state, for local people.
>>
Oh god, where to even begin with West Virginia. I have some odd tales that I can share with you all. Most of them are just little tales with no real beginning or end but I have some bigger happenings that are still shrouded in mystery.
>>
>>17221784
Been living here my whole life, will share my story.
>Be me and pot head cousin near Logan.
>Going to meet his dealer for some weed,
>Wants to meet in the woods about a mile back, a lil skeptical but what the hell?
>Cousin says he knows the way and so I follow.
(I don't personally smoke weed but I didn't want him to go alone, people are stupid and it is deer season)
>Follow a stream, its around 4pm and I just lost my last bar of service.
>hiking, hiking, etc
>Reach the spot no one there, we decide to wait.
>An hour passes and my phone dies from games and general dickery
>Nasty ass smell constricts my nostrils, smells like some one ass blasted my nose directly.
>Few minutes later a growl comes from the brush we think its a bear so we walk away cautiously.
>God damn rock comes flying and misses my cousin by a hair.
>Its dark by now but we manage to find our way to my Jeep about 6:30ish.

He said "holy shit man we just got attacked by a bigfoot"

I personally think it was his dealer but he says still to today he has never heard from him.

Occasionally when I visit his house near the woods I hear long howls, not wolves but something.

Take it with a pinch of salt, its a lame story but hey.
>>
>>17222409
ive seem them too anon, they are out there
>>
>>17231982
lets hear em
>>
Morgantown, Reporting in.
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 640x427
>>17231982
>>17232419
I'll share the best one first. I haven't attempted to write anything spooky in a few years (my first "creepy" pasta ended up on crappypasta) so most of this may have some inconsistencies.

Me and my family lived in a double wide in a town 15 minutes outside of Romney atop a mountain from 2005-2008. We shared a 6-acre property with my grandparents in which they had a Chalet that was a little ways up the hill. On either side of each house were trees, however the lefthand side looking at the front of the buildings went into the woods much deeper than the left, this is important later.

It was the start of the recession and my stepdad had a slightly less desirable job at the time reposessing cars, most of us really wanted out of the sticks but due to funds we just couldn't afford to rent a place to live, let alone the move. Given that we were in a more depressing section of the Appalachians, us older kids were bored out of our wits. My mom was always stressed out with caring for smaller children though when she ever got time to herself she was very playful and had a sense of adventure. That said, she never really watched any channels aside from the Travel/Discovery channels. Ghost Hunters was a popular series at the time and it was one of her favorites.

She recollected events from her childhood where she would experience spirits talking from within the walls and how good she became at astral projection. So when the idea of holding a seance was brought up before me and my 14 year old sister, opinions were mixed.

Pic related. The double wide got scrapped due to a mold infestation and my grandparents moved out a few years later.
>>
>>17232554
My grandparents were Catholics and hated the idea of summoning any sort of paranormal entities but told mom as long as we didn't use a ouija board we were in the clear. Eventually as she and my sister got the time to do anything else we sat down at the coffee room table with a rubber ball and a candle with the lights off to begin what would be a string of on and off paranormal episodes.

Nothing was really said besides the "what is your name" and "how did you die" malarkey. But we did have a camera and a voice recorder, and we were able to pick up the voices of two little girls. I can't remember what they said other than their names, laughing and begging for mercy from whom I assumed was their father, but what stood out to me the most during our little investigation was a photo taken of our back living room window. A forlorn looking older woman dressed in Victorian era clothing sat staring dead at the camera posing with her arm propped up on some sort of bar.

Aside from the 3 initial voices we heard the night of the first seance, we'd occasionally leave the recorder on for as long as it could record for, then play it back whenever it stopped. On top of this, our beds would shake when the washing machine was off during early hours of the morning and my younger sister would hear what sounded like my uncle who was still alive talking to her through the wall. It carried on for months afterwards and only stopped when we all got together for another session did we order them to find the light. We heard the same voices over the recorder one final time talk about the light, and we never heard of them again.
>>
>>17232881
I know that was a little anticlimactic, but around the same time this all happened my great grandmother died from cancer. As the recorded voices had no real explanation (with a little research mom found out the property we lived on was used as a sort medical grounds for soldiers in the Civil War) the voice heard by the younger kids was re-identified as the voice of my late great grandfather who my uncle sounded eerily like.

You may still be wondering about the woods I mentioned earlier. Around the same time as the fiasco mentioned above we stumbled across a news article on the web about a boy who went missing in the early 90s that was presumed dead by falling into a well. So, the police checked every well in the county and came up with nothing of interest. Long story short, mom remembered there was a big one not far back innawoods and found there was no sort of lid to cover it. Putting two and two together, they walked back to the house and never said anything about it and for the longest time I thought that maybe there was a sort of "dual-haunting."

If you'd like more information on the kid that went missing and is considered kill, search for "Victor Dwight Shoemaker Jr." and you'll come across articles and conspiracies about him. Again sorry for the inconsistiencies and some seemingly random junk thrown in but much of it is a blur and as I recall we didn't discover many physical artifacts explaining what we experienced, maybe it was for the better.
>>
Charleston reporting in.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453084459794.jpg (67 KB, 792x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453084459794.jpg
67 KB, 792x960
South Charleston reporting in. I ain't seen shit.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.