[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is modern druidism a bunch of fake new age bullshit? Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 110260-004-598C407E.jpg (63 KB, 550x373) Image search: [Google]
110260-004-598C407E.jpg
63 KB, 550x373
why is modern druidism a bunch of fake new age bullshit? Are there any authentic druids that still exist?
>>
ye me and my friend are moonkin
>>
Authentic pizza doesn't exist, is there any modern pizza that doesn't have tomatoes? Do they still exist?
>>
What the fuck is a druid? Some WoW shit?
>>
>>17219437
Sure, but we don't post about it on /x/, or write books about it. It's something more earthly bud, though asking around about it you're not likely to find wiccans. I've no issues discussing the idea behind it all, but not on 4chan, sorry.
>>
>>17219460
more likely to find wiccans* not implying wicca is a legitimate practice anymore. It started on the same root as druidic practices, but modernism has destroyed that so badly.
>>
I'm guessing its because the Celts didn't have a written language and there aren't many records of Celtic culture let alone druidic practices. Most record of the Celts come from the Romans, and they're exactly impartial about their enemies.

So basically, most knowledge of the druids is conjecture based on their enemy's propaganda.
>>
>>17219460
How can we contact you to talk about it?
>>
File: 1444261950390.jpg (75 KB, 1167x740) Image search: [Google]
1444261950390.jpg
75 KB, 1167x740
>>17219494
>wiccans
pretty sure he's either trolling or just autistic
>>
>>17219503
he just said wiccans were shitboxed by new age stuff, are you paying attention?
>>
>>17219509
>I'm so hipster I don't even hang out with other hipsters >.<
yeah whatever autismo
>>
>>17219512
I'm not the samefag, every form of paganism is about the same level of retarded as all religion in my eyes. I think everyone here can agree wiccans are the worst though.
>>
>>17219458
>pretending not to play WoW

google druidism vaggot
>>
>>17219523
Wiccans took a beautiful belief system and turned it into the earliest model of D&D.
>>17219512
There's nothing hip about it, I believe what I believe in and experience things accordingly, as do you for your own reason.
>>17219503
Sorry that was a typo, see>>17219468
>>17219494
Not really sure, there's email but I'd have to make a throw away account.
>>
>>17219570
>le our super sekkrit clubs so cool we don't write in le books :>
sure autismo
>>
>>17219580
As another guy said, there was no written language for the Celts, whose religious and spiritual belief systems are what druidism is based off of. There are books and even older writings of the practices and idealogies, but most of them are more related to Christianity, Roman, and Scandinavian cultures after centuries of cultural influence. This is what druidism has become, and you can view it as refined or diluted, it's all subjective. As for myself, I've good relations with Celtic relatives and have been spoken to about the workings and base behind one of the older beliefs, have found it to be true to myself, and built my own beliefs alongside all of that older system. Would you be less hateful if I wrote down everything I've observed and know, or would you continue to mock me and my beliefs? If you're answer is the latter, which is safe to assume, then I'm just wasting my time trying to explain anything to you because your mind is made and set to your own idea of things. There's nothing wrong with that, but being scornful of others because they prefer deep, intimate conversation over the SparkNotes version posted on a Taiwanese tapestry forum for people to shitpost all over is nothing to feel good about. Learning and progress have a lot in common with patience and acceptance.
>>
File: 1449692843565.jpg (345 KB, 922x1388) Image search: [Google]
1449692843565.jpg
345 KB, 922x1388
>>17219580
Since you've got me writing paragraphs in defense of something you could care less about outside of incessantly shitposting to satiate some need for superiority, I may as well bump the thread with some 2 spoopy right?
>>
>>17219437

There are no true druids -- the Romans killed them all.
>>
>>17219632
Are there any books or articles you could recommend for or about Druidism? It would've much appreciated.
>>
>>17219632
that's a lot of tldr just to say that some irish uncle from boston told you about their folk dances and now you're suddenly the arch druid of the universe, how about you fuck off idiot
>>
>>17219448
Um, yes. Pizza without tomatoes is a thing. Not very widespread, though.
>>
Like every other form of neo-paganism it's not authentic in any way. People just took elements they could find and built a new religion with it.
>>
>>17220225
Yes

Asterix
>>
>>17221719
Asterix is not very relyable, it's only based on one source, De bello Gallico, and the citation standards don't hold up today.
>>
Is it really necessary to always seeking the old authentic things?
The Way always find a way to us. The occult knowledge will never be forgotten as it is in us.
You must create your own paradigm. Looking for authenticityis just masturbation and fear.

There are stil druids in here but they don't look like what we imagine.
>>
>>17219512
Killyourself
>>
>>17219437
No, Christians wiped them all out.
>>
>>17221740
He's looking for Druids and not New Agers, mate.
>>
>>17221744
Not really, they were extinct before Christianity even existed in most parts of Europe.
>>
>>17221745
Did you even read my post?
>>
>>17221743
no u
>>
>>17221752
Yes, read it again with a sitar in the background and try arguing why it's not New Age bullshit.
>>
>>17221740
Authenticity is never truly authentic. Most occult knowledge are written in a form that works for its original user, but not especially for the average joe. Plus, I think that knowledge should evolve instead of staying "primitive". But I still really wonder what modern druidism could look like.

>>17221754
You know you want to do it anyway. Cmon go find out about your inner skeleton, all you need to do is slit your wrist to leak the skeleton-binding liquiq.
>>
>>17221770
>occult knowledge
>a form that works for the user
>that works
>works
>>
>>17221770
Modern druidism would be something like a murder cult. Druids, at least according to Ceasar, who is about the only source and not very reliable at all., were extremely powerful and had almost complete control over their people. Archaeology has at least proven that human sacrifice was common among Celts.
>>
>>17221780
My bad. See it as "a form that is functional" for the user.
>>
>>17221770
you sure are salty because someone called your irl d&d roleplay autism
>>
>>17221788
Human sacrifices have been common through most of humanity's history. The celts were neither the first or the last.
>>
>>17221799
If you're only here to argue you might wanna get back to /b/
>>
>>17219440
I am feral, rowr
>>
>>17221801
No, but their colorful rituals and sacred sites are almost unique in Europe - and that is without taking Ceasars propaganda in account. Only the neolithic Herxheim comes close to their sites.
>>
>>17221806
or maybe you should go back to reddit if you just want a hugbox where everyone agrees with your bullshit
>>
>>17221806
Disagreeing is part of discussion. Don't like it? Leave.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.