[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /x/, I have some psychedelics questions. So I've taken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1447978741.jpg (14 KB, 503x410) Image search: [Google]
1447978741.jpg
14 KB, 503x410
Hi /x/, I have some psychedelics questions.
So I've taken shrooms 4 times, each time has been 2 grams and each time I've taken it pretty badly mid-trip. It will all be going well until at the peak my mind just goes somewhere really inescapable, I'll feel fevered all over and like I'm dead and in some limbo. Sometimes I puke, most times I feel very close to being sick.
Then out of the blue the entire thing will subside and I'll feel not very high, clearly still some minor body high but other than that nothing.
Is there a reason for this? My friends have fine trips and don't experience any of the shit I seem to.
I've suffered from a permanent depersonalisation disorder for maybe 7 years now, way before I started doing drugs, so maybe it's that? My personality is INTP which I once read one anon saying means it's common to really overthink things on shrooms. Weed is generally fine for me and so is acid & RC's, just shrooms that give me these weird fevers.
Any help would be appreciated from people who have had more experience than me, thanks :-)
>>
>>17218376
Hi, psychedelics aren't paranormal. Thanks have a good day.
>>
>>17218393
More paranormal than the summoning / tulpa threads mate
>>
>>17218376
Everyone reacts differently to drugs.
It's all about your natural body chemistry and your condition mentally and hormonally.
I've tripped awful on them almost 1/3-1/2 the times I've shroomed. I've thrown up once from it and have had multiple traumatizing experiences for the most part.

LSD doesn't make me trip bad. I've probably done way more than shrooms and I've only tripped bad once from it.
>>
You have a weak stomach and shrooms are just trippy food poisoning.
If your stomach is naturally weak get some pepto bismol, if not stop eating/drinking stuff that messes with your stomach (alcohol, spicy food, etc) until it heals up.
>>
>It will all be going well until at the peak my mind just goes somewhere really inescapable, I'll feel fevered all over and like I'm dead and in some limbo
>I've suffered from a permanent depersonalisation disorder for maybe 7 years now

These two are related, and mushrooms are known to cause out of body experiences - Wasson describes the experience as like being a disembodied eye.

I'm the same way, but I've embraced the depersonalization. I love feeling like a ghost on a silent, gray orb.

Something else to consider is that none of you are taking heroic doses - 2g is a full trip, but plenty of people can walk it off. The serious effects start at 5g, and 10g - or roughly a bowl's worth - is where the 'magic' gets put in the phrase 'magic mushrooms.' You just happen to be particularly susceptible, and you're getting the higher dose effects at lower doses.
>>
>>17218999
Thanks anon, it made me feel crazy for a while and I was looking for a cure for ages but you sort of just end up rolling with the punches I guess. It's nice feeling constantly disembodied, I no longer feel any crippling anxiety about things that used to worry me and I save a hell of a lot on drugs to a similar effect. :-)

So, no way to sort this out? Will I eventually be able to take these doses without the bad effects? Could also be my mindset i guess
>>
>>17218376
2 grams really isnt that much.

Normal (medium) dose is usally an 8th, so 3.5 grams.

> It will all be going well until at the peak my mind just goes somewhere really inescapable, I'll feel fevered all over and like I'm dead and in some limbo. Sometimes I puke, most times I feel very close to being sick.

This is all normal. The shrooms are a toxin so the nausea you feel is your stomach digesting them, this usally subsides after a half hour or so.

The 'dying' feeling is also normal. Its your ego being disolved. Its dominion over your conciousness is being threatened and in response it panics, sending out thoughts of death and self-destruction.

Nobody ever said tripping on psychadelic mushrooms was all smiles and rainbows, anyone that did is surely a fool. Its an intense, perspective shattering shift in consciousness that can knock you on your ass.
>>
>>17219543
>The 'dying' feeling is also normal. Its your ego being disolved. Its dominion over your conciousness is being threatened and in response it panics, sending out thoughts of death and self-destruction.

how do let go ? Everytime I smoked weed I had this feeling, even if i try to remain calm and say to myself "it's the drug, don't fight it" but I keep feeling like i'm dying and that the effect is lasting forever. I don't have problem with LSD and salvia but weed ? every fucking time. I just don't try anymore.
>>
>>17219562
Oi stay away from that Salvia
>>
>It's nice feeling constantly disembodied, I no longer feel any crippling anxiety about things that used to worry me

Mushrooms and LSD have both been used to treat anxiety. Ketamine seemingly cures depression. I can only guess why, but I think it's an intuitive understanding that this dissociative state promotes a sense of godhood.

Listening to or reading Timothy Leary makes me weep with empathy, because he's the only person I've ever read who expressed something I can agree with 100%. It's a sensation that tells me that he ruined his mind with drugs in the exact same way I have. He basically advocated being a selfish, elitist sociopath.

>So, no way to sort this out? Will I eventually be able to take these doses without the bad effects? Could also be my mindset i guess

My technique for getting over it is to take enough of the drug that a tolerance builds up. The only drug I haven't done like this is salvia - at some point I'm going to get some more and retreat from the world for as long as the supply lasts.

February 2015, I entered into a manic psychosis that I swear was induced by spice. I started smoking it in 2010, and quit during aforementioned psychosis. But very early on, I stopped feeling pain or boredom.

>>17219586

It'll change you forever. Your insides will quiet and darken, and never wake up.
>>
>>17219562

You have to accept the feeling. The very fact that you are seeking to avoid it is you 'holding on'. You must accept the discomfort as part of the experience. There is no such thing as a 'bad trip', only poor expectations.
>>
>>17219828
>here is no such thing as a 'bad trip', only poor expectations.
god SO MUCH this.

a "bad trip" is just you resisting where your mind is taking you because its ugly/inconvenient.

You have to accept on psychedelics that you're just no longer behind the steering wheel and you can't do anything about it.
>>
>>17219828
>>17219842

But I had no expectations when I was smoking. I was not like "ur dur I'm gonna get so high dudebro"

By the way, the only time I had not this feeling was when ingested. We ate some crepe we did with quite a lot of weed in it and the feeling was one of the best I ever had, laying for 5h on beds watching some movies.
>>
>>17219586
>>17219812

What are you talking about, Salvia is one of the best experience there is, it's basically a gift from the gods.
>>
>>17219864

Im talking about mushrooms. The weed is probably just giving you hella anxiety and the 'death' you are describing is an anxiety attack.
>>
>>17219871

>Salvia is one of the best experience there is, it's basically a gift from the gods

I've seen Heaven - you get there by climbing a pink and white staircase. There's a castle in the sky that belongs to me there. Nothing on Earth can damage my Heavenly body. When my Earthly body dies, my Heavenly body will live on. I've written entire essays about my Heavenly body;

>Alchemical Diamond bodies
>http://freetexthost.com/yub6deoafi

And again, I'd love to get some and retreat from the world for a little while. But salvia - just three trips - has changed me forever. It turned me off inside - that firey concern for the world. I don't feel the need to smile or laugh anymore, my sexuality vacillates between non-existance and unquenchable, all while my body feels like cement - it sounds like a bad prozac reaction.

Some of this may be the spice, but it started after I smoked roughly 1g of salvia in one hit. I just wandered around the house for the next month, imagining.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.