[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup, /x/. I'm not entirely sure if this belongs here, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 0110161538-1.jpg (393 KB, 2291x2183) Image search: [Google]
0110161538-1.jpg
393 KB, 2291x2183
Sup, /x/. I'm not entirely sure if this belongs here, but it's semi-cult related. I've finally come across a record by Jim Jones, from the 60s, prior to the Jonestown founding(during the People's Temple days), but it's a rather peculiar example, in that it appears to have an inscription in the back, apparently from Jim Jones himself. I'm wondering is this is possibly legitimate, in that maybe he did this during his time touring with Christian Crusades Inc, or if it was a practical joke made by someone after the mass suicide. At the very least I'd like to be pointed in the right direction.

The inscription means nothing to me really, it's just the implication of it being real would be pretty intense. Thanks.

>pics of record and signature.
>>
File: 0110161539.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
0110161539.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>17201828
It's quite evident that what's written on the back of the sleeve is a few decades old, at least.
>>
Damn dude... nice, if it's legit. Time stamp?
>>
How did you come across it?
>>
i'd like to hear it.
>>
found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad-1hlMunyY
>>
File: ffff.jpg (43 KB, 460x485) Image search: [Google]
ffff.jpg
43 KB, 460x485
>>17201832
Bob,
May Jesus
use you in a real
way!

Ju His love,
Jim
>>
>>17201828
more info please
>>
File: 0110161617.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
0110161617.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>17201877
>pic
>>17201883
eBay, after years of never expecting to find it there
>>17201906
As far as I know there's a rip of it on YouTube. It's just typical devotional stuff interlaced by very cliché organ interludes, played by Roland Jones(no presumed relation) , according to the liner notes.
>>
>>17201925
That's:

Bob,
May Jesus
use you in a real
way.

In His love,
Jim
>>
>>17201956
seriously thanks, i suck at cursive and would have spent the entire night trying to figure that one. i see it now.
>>
Op here. My concern is that it's just a simple 'Jim', and nothing more. Now, as a non-celebrity at the time(presumably), I can see him not really writing with any care for later recognition, but just as well, it could be any cholo 70s kid playing a joke on their friend. And furthermore, the literature involved with him and his life doesn't seem to have any reference to his early signature, if any signatures at all.

Another downside is that there's apparently a rapper that goes by Jim Jones, making it increasing difficult to find anything about the real Jim Jones.

The seller also had no idea it was even signed until she was packaging it. She was listing items for her husband (not named Bob). So the trail ends there.
>>
File: JJones_clip_image016.jpg (9 KB, 372x218) Image search: [Google]
JJones_clip_image016.jpg
9 KB, 372x218
>>17201828
Here's jonses.
>>
File: pope_john_paul_ii_signature_b.jpg (6 KB, 338x100) Image search: [Google]
pope_john_paul_ii_signature_b.jpg
6 KB, 338x100
>>17202216
I almost wonder if that was a later signature where he affected a more papal style of signature as he went into full on second coming mode.
>>
>>17202247
This is my concern. As a normal reverend in the years prior to Jonestown, he may not have considered a specialized signature to be worthwhile. Much like if you sign a card for a friend.. I myself don't use my check signature for birthday cards and stuff. Unfortunately, lack of provenance means it's probably impossible to know. But I'll always have the 'maybe', such is pretty cool.
>>
>>17202216
>>17202325
And consider just how informal the signature in op is, compared to this. James vs. Jim. Full name vs. First only. Tough call.
>>
in b4 Kool-Aid
>>
>>17202325
The j is totally different. Also the way Jones signed his name is indicative of some kind of personality trait. Can't remember who wrote it, but I remember a book on handwriting analysis that had Jones in it. Had some other famous people in it.
>>
>>17202898
But the message on the back of the sleeve is all in the same style of writing. Maybe there was no need to provide an actual 'signature', but instead just let the recipient know who it was from. I've been to book signings with friends and the signature of the author never deviates from the rest of the message. They just write some stuff and pass it off. Nothing special as far as 'autographs' would be considered. But I appreciate all of your input. For now I'll make the assumption it's not legitimate, but keep the possibility of it being so in mind.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.