[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guy finds a weird statue in the woods now shit is haunting his house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 24
File: 0byBGel.jpg (532 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
0byBGel.jpg
532 KB, 3264x2448
Get fucking thread happening over at reddit right now. Some dude and his friend found a fucked up voodoo statue in the forest and now his friends house is haunted. Creepiest part is something about hearing a guy with a tracheotomy breathing in his ear.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/408hde/me_and_a_friend_found_this_creepy_statue_while/

Pasting the whole story below
>>
File: xwApUQD.jpg (838 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
xwApUQD.jpg
838 KB, 3264x2448
Last weekend my friend and I went hiking in the Catskills (near Sundown Forest FWIW) and found this really creepy statue while fucking around in some caves. It has nails in its eyes and a noose around its neck. Looks like it might be old. I don’t think its been there very long but its weird because this cave was way off the trail. Someone had a fire in there not too long ago.

The statue really wigged me out but my buddy decided to take it home with him even though I told him not to. Everyone says that theres devil worshippers that come out here to sacrifice animals and do their spells and shit so i didn’t want anything to do with this thing.
A couple days later my friend calls me and tells me that he thinks the statue is haunted because it keeps moving from its spot and he keeps smelling weird stuff. Says he can’t sleep at night because banging keeps waking him up. Now last night someone knocked on his door but no one was there when he opened it and he’s super weirded out. He thinks he has a ghost cause of the statue.
It must just be a coincidence but I think he’s actually scared. Before we go set thing on fire i wanted to see if anyone knows what it is. Anyone ever seen something like this or heard of a statue causing ghosts?

Throwaway because i didn’t want to use my main account for spoopy stuff.
>>
Fuck off back to redshit mate.
>>
File: ugUaIEW.jpg (493 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
ugUaIEW.jpg
493 KB, 3264x2448
EDIT: My friend showed up here at like 1130. He’s out of his mind scared. never seen him like this before.I’m going to do my best to remember everything he just told me because it was a lot. But long story short, he’s sleeping over because something is in his house.
We found the statue on Sunday and like I said I told him not to take to because it gave me bad vibes but he took it anyway. He’s been an atheist as long as I’ve known him so when he told that something was going on i thought he was just fucking with me because i knows i like to watch paranormal shows (he always made fun of me for it)
It started out just as knocks and banging but he said that by Wednesday he started waking up in the middle of the night feeling like someone was watching. This kept happening through the week and every time he’d wake up he would smell a really strong scent like pond water. He doesn’t believe any of this stuff so he just ignored it until a few days ago when the statue moved from his desk into his living room. He says that every night since thursday its moved into a different room than where he left it. He thought it was his dog moving it around because it smelled funny but his dog won’t go anywhere near it. He says that she’s actually peed in the house three nights in a row and she’s never ever done that.
Last night someone knocked on his door at 3 in the morning but when he went to open it there was no one there. His motion lights weren’t on and there weren’t any cars in his driveway. He said that he opened up the door to look outside and thats when he knew that he made a big mistake like he just felt like he shouldn’t have opened his door. thats why i made this post in the first place. At that point i didn’t have any reason not to believe him because it had gone way beyond a joke and he actually sounded really really fucking scared on the phone. He kept telling me that he was going to burn the statue because he knows that something followed him
>>
>>17199618
Holy shit who finds shit like this and brights it to its own house ?
>>
File: VyIdPMj.jpg (1024 KB, 2938x2203) Image search: [Google]
VyIdPMj.jpg
1024 KB, 2938x2203
Anyway he stayed up all night and then decided to go to the movies to take his mind off of it. When he got home he said it felt like everything was fine and he decided to finally go to bed. This is where it gets super fucked up. He says that when he woke up which wasn’t until like 10 it was because his dog was barking like crazy. He said the pond water smell was stronger than ever and when he went out into his hallway he saw all of these muddy footprints everywhere. not like shoe prints but barefoot. all of his doors and windows were locked (after someone knocked on his door he freaked out and made sure everything was locked up) so theres no fucking way anyone could have gotten inside. sitting in the living room was the fucking statue which had moved again and he says that when he started to go near it he head someone breathing “like his grandpa with the tracheotomy”. He peaced the fuck out and now he and his dog are sleeping in my guest room tonight
Ive never seen him this scared and he even started crying. i have no fucking idea what do to. I believe him because he has no reason to loiemtp about this because its way too far to be a joke now. i know that everyone says not to burn it or whatever so what the fuck do we do. he wants me to go to his house to get the statue tomorrow but I’m too fucking freaked out to take it back to where we found in because i don’t want to see whoever put there.
Sorry for the typos i just wanted to write this out quick so i know that i got it all.
>>
>>17199630
fucking crazy stupid right?
>>
File: happening time.jpg (81 KB, 454x445) Image search: [Google]
happening time.jpg
81 KB, 454x445
Is there any particular reason why he can't just get rid of it?
Sorry if a reason was given and I skimmed over it.
>>
>>17199647
he said they were going to burn it but all the faggots in the comments are telling him it will unleash a demon
>>
Shouldn't they just jack off on it? I read here that ghosts hate facials.
>>
File: scooby doo detective.jpg (42 KB, 390x600) Image search: [Google]
scooby doo detective.jpg
42 KB, 390x600
>pond water smell
This seems interesting. If it has no potential to help in getting rid of it, it could at least help to identify it. I can't imagine there are too many spirits/demons/ayylmaos that are associated with "a really strong scent like pond water." Not just "a strong scent" or something creepypasta like "a strong scent of death/ I could smell fear", but something specific like pond water.
But so far it looks like only OP himself has questioned it.
>>
No research or background information on this kinda stuff here, but basically, from the nails and noose, it looks like a voodoo doll.
Voodoo dolls are said to work by way of a connection to the victim, and it is also believed that when that person dies, that connection isn't severed, but instead united.
Think of it like this, a piece of the victims soul is in the doll, which is what makes the voodoo work you can assume. Then the person dies, the soul is reunited, except the part in the doll doesn't leave. After all, if a soul in a voodoo doll was made so that it could leave, it's purpose wouldn't be very reliable would it? So when the person died, his soul probably entered the doll, and is now trapped inside it.
Honestly, you should just destroy it.
Sure, it will "unleash" whatever is supposedly inside it, but I doubt whatever it is is only interested in bugging some random guy that picked it up.
If its the soul of some guy that was tortured with the voodoo doll, he probably just wants out so he can pass on.
If its supposedly the soul of a demon or something, then it should be let out in the open, away from a house, and have the person visit a church or something so whatever it is can't follow them back home.
>>
>roleplaying
>>
File: WIN_20150302_135450.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20150302_135450.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
they're supposed to return it with some offerings or bind it to a place that itsn't their house
>>
This is why we call them plebs. Learn to banish, retards.
>>
>>17199674
With the weird breathing and the muddy footprints it sounds like insidious chapter 3
>>
>>17199618
Fucking hell.

Fake until tested and repeated. Plant it in one of your mutual friends house. If they starts shitting in their bed in fear then its confirmed.

Until then, gb2reddit.
>>
File: 1411150310518.jpg (143 KB, 956x960) Image search: [Google]
1411150310518.jpg
143 KB, 956x960
>>17199630
A fucking atheist lol
>>
>>17199618
well you said you like paranormal shows,this is the chance for you to test the voodoo doll out you wimp,and take a pic of this doll and timestamp it. Tell that redditor this.
>>
>>17199674
>body of haunting spirit was disposed in a pond
Explains smell and footprints. Noose probably explains breathing sound if the guy was hung.
>>
Let the statue in nature, so whatever is in can freely interact with the spirits of the nature, also left it with flowers and fruits.
>>
>>17200249
420 friendly huh?
>>
http://m.imgur.com/a/IiFo9
>>
>>17199829
i think the smell could be a sign of a demon, as pond water smells like rotten egg
>>
>>17200412
Depends on the pond. Some smell more like mold and algae, with just a slight sulfur undertone.
>>
>>17200439
yeah, i'm just speculating that it is a sulphur smell
>>
>>17200448

Or... It could be that he has not had a bath in some time.
>>
>>17200453
hahaha
>>
The only time I can remember nails in the eyes in history was the torture of the men of Ukl.
Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Number 261 to be precise.
It may be a Islamic statue.
>>
File: 1401221830932.jpg (97 KB, 533x471) Image search: [Google]
1401221830932.jpg
97 KB, 533x471
>>17200481
>Islamic statue
wat
>>
>>17200481
>islam
>art

Try again.
>>
>>17200512
Simple enough.
The statue is meant to attract and curse people with similar sins to the men of Ukl. Meaning thieves, murders and renouncers of Allah. OP's friend is confirmed to be two of these things.
>>
>>17200522
I call bullshit, homeboy.
>>
That isn't voodou, that statue is more akin to something you'd see in Appalachian folk magic brought over by German settlers/other central europeans. From what I know of the traditions, fill a small safe with salt, put the idol in it, padlock and chains, bury innawoods
>>
File: 4mcqV09.png (347 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
4mcqV09.png
347 KB, 610x457
>>17199630
Disbelievers.
>>
>>17199676
You may be right. If I was OP and set on destroying it, I would do it away from my home, smudge/cleanse myselfe before and after and peace out before the ghost could follow me or whatever.
>>
The story sounds fake.No nonbeliever would make several photos of the stature before he takes it home with him.
But if it`s true do what >>17200607 said, but instead of a safe use a chest solely made of wood. Don't use any nails or metal or anything else to make the chest.
>>
Submerge it in water. I've seen that on paranormal reality shows before.
>>
File: 1452062529833.jpg (40 KB, 526x777) Image search: [Google]
1452062529833.jpg
40 KB, 526x777
Cum on it. Piss the demon off by giving it a splatoon amiboo special.
>>
>>17200714
>not hot glue tribute
You aren't even trying m8.
>>
>>17200519
> Islam
> art
Yeah don't think they have statues though.
>>
>>17200481
>Islamic

Write on a piece of paper "ALLAH WHO ACKBAR" and show it to the statue, then tape it to its forehead.
But make sure to do this outside, since the statue will then explode lel
>>
File: holdthefuckup.jpg (278 KB, 1139x422) Image search: [Google]
holdthefuckup.jpg
278 KB, 1139x422
>>17201542
yo hold the fuck up
>>
>>17201550
Haha
>>
>>17199627
3:00am is when a LOT of bad shit happens. Fucking devil's hour.
I live in a marine corps barracks and I've had some weird shit going down in my room around that time lately as well.
Ive hated that time of night since I was a kid. Always lived in really haunted areas so ive seen some shit late at night.
>>
>>17201859
nigga, devil's hour is 0:00 to 1:00
>>
>>17199674
>pond water smell
>what if sulphur
>spooked hard
>>
>>17199618
First fuck off reddit
Second, it's the plot of a ghost whisperer episode, so double fuck off faggot.
>>
>>17202290
actually thats real nigga hours, be sure to smash dat lykk button
>>
>>17202470
Fuckin kek
Shouldn't sage be burned in the house?
>>
>>17199627
>opened the door
Yeah he done fucked up big time.
>>
>>17199618
lel
That guy better prepare to get culturally enriched by a dimensional migrant
>>
>>17202608
Burn a sage in your house before giving it to OP and his fake and gay thread
>>
>>17201859
>marine's barracks
>3:00 am
At my last base the marines would find sailor's out late at night and drag them into their barracks room. They'd call the quarterdeck and tell that that if they wanted their sailor back to place an order for a pizza to go to their room.
>>
File: index.jpg (14 KB, 172x293) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
14 KB, 172x293
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2000/09/Pope-Performs-Exorcism-Over-Teenage-Italian-Girl.aspx
>>
File: index.jpg (11 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11 KB, 225x224
The Roman Province of Grecia: (Circa; 30 A.D. - 100 A.D.)

And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,
And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city,
And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.
And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.
And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:
Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.
And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.
But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.
Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
>>
File: index.jpg (13 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13 KB, 197x256
The Roman Province of Grecia: (Circa; 30 A.D. - 100 A.D.)

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.
And when it was day, the magistrates sent the serjeants, saying, Let those men go.
And the keeper of the prison told this saying to Paul, The magistrates have sent to let you go: now therefore depart, and go in peace.
But Paul said unto them, They have beaten us openly uncondemned, being Romans, and have cast us into prison; and now do they thrust us out privily? nay verily; but let them come themselves and fetch us out.
And the serjeants told these words unto the magistrates: and they feared, when they heard that they were Romans.
And they came and besought them, and brought them out, and desired them to depart out of the city.
And they went out of the prison, and entered into the house of Lydia: and when they had seen the brethren, they comforted them, and departed.
>>
Fuck you OP ! You've just watched Jessabelle movie and now you're trying to fuck up us
>>
Get back to reddit, OP.
>>
>>17199618
Its an african fetish doll.

Nkisi or Nkishi (plural varies: minkisi, zinkisi, or nkisi) are spirits, or an object that a spirit inhabits. It is frequently applied to a variety of objects used throughout the Congo Basin in Central Africa that are believed to contain spiritual powers or spirits. The term and its concept have passed with the Atlantic slave trade to the Americas.
>>
>>17205615
Hmmm, OP, stop speaking to yourself
>>
>>17205615
The nails and the rope are a voodoo thing nails to blind the spirit maybe and the rope to bind it and silence it. Cant be 100% on that but I used to be interested in this stuff.
>>
>>17205640
Not OP.
>>
>>17199630
Somebody who wants to reenact the openning scene of The Grifter...
>>
>>17205646
Prove it!
>>
>>17205659
How? I don't even believe in any of this crap /x is just a board full of rp fags that I visit rarely to laugh at. What proof can I provide?
>>
File: get rekt.jpg (23 KB, 476x224) Image search: [Google]
get rekt.jpg
23 KB, 476x224
>>17205659
>>
File: tinfoil_hat.jpg (246 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil_hat.jpg
246 KB, 640x480
>>17205757
That was posted to OP not from him silly. I'm not OP.
>>
>>17199618
It looks like a product of sympathetic magic. The statue represents someone. The symbolic violence inflicted upon the statue - the nails in its eyes, the noose around its neck - is meant to cause real injury to the living person. Maybe the nature of the ritual that created the effigy has attracted an evil spirit (like-attracting-like). Also, according to most cultures, you shouldn't touch ritual fetishes like that. Law of Contagion, bro.
>>
>>17199661
this. needs to hapen
>>
File: 1445122534543.png (48 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
1445122534543.png
48 KB, 418x455
>>17199618
>buy wooden figurine for one dollar
>add nails and rope for creepy factor
>claim house is haunted
>free popularity
>sell your 1$ invention for big money to some autist
>>
>>17201859
>3 am
>in a marine barracks

It's because you're a boot and your seniors with PTSD fuck with you at that time, isn't? Don't lie. I know the truth. Cuz it happened to me and I, in turn, did it to my boots. Get drunk, can't sleep, go pound on a boot's door and kick his ass. Or break in to their room. One time, I woke up already in a chokehold and he just kept choking me going "shhh, shhh, go back to sleep little one, it'll all be over soon." Weird as fuck.

Or, you're a POG, and the sounds of the female marines getting railed all night keeps you up.
>>
>>17206938
This board isn't even fucking fun anymore because of people like you.
>>
>>17199630
Honestly? I probably would...
>>
>>17199627
I think opening a door during a haunting is an invitation.
You basically told whatever evil presence that was there that it's ok to come in.
>>
File: wwghkks.jpg (288 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
wwghkks.jpg
288 KB, 1080x1080
>>17206938
Pretty much this
>>
>>17199618
I believe it's knodi (voodoo doll), they are used to protect, but I read that where the statu is, is where was set be in. Like that the spirits base.
>>
>>17199618
That's my sex doll. I use it to fist my ass, it must've picked up some evil ghost or something.
Also that was me at the door, I was gonna ask your friend out but I got scared
>>
>>17201589

Please try harder.
>>
>>17199621
>took it home
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
>>
>>17207201

And I now have a new fetish.
>>
>>17208055
Pun intended?

Also, I expected to see that phrase on /d/ and /aco/ but I didn't expect to read it so often here on /x/...
>>
>>17208099

I'm not sure where the pun is.

Also, the concept of the female marines being the fuck toys for all the male marines is hot. Especially when they are fucked so loud that people can hear it. I think that's a pretty normal response to have when presented with this thought.
>>
>>17208105
The OP pic is of a fetish doll.

And this is the third /x/ thread this month that has had that line about finding a new fetish posted. You kinda don't expect that in "spooky" conversations. It's weird.
>>
Take an uber ride with the doll. Leave it in the car when the ride ends. Doll will haunt the uber driver instead.
>>
>>17208135
>fetish doll

I did not even think of this...

Also, I feel like there's more sexy stuff hidden in spooky stuff than you might think. The two most human experiences are fear and lust.
>>
>>17207201
>Fuckin' shitbags these days
Nice move, edgelord...
>>
File: alieum n mib.jpg (4 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
alieum n mib.jpg
4 KB, 124x124
I prayed for your spirits and ask for forgiveness from the spirit whom you wronged let me. You still need to give me the doll.
>>
>>17208144
This is basically why i will never be an uber driver
>>
>>17199651
Isn't that true?
>>
He should just fucking call his local diocese and hand it over to their exorcist or priest in charge. They will know how to deal with it.
>>
>>17199618
that could just as easily be a Scandinavian god statue just saying. Bump for story potential
>>
>>17199621
The devil worship label and "witchcraft" really places it as more of a Wicca thing. Pagans.
The way that it is bound screams effigy and not an idol, though idols are often cast in a similar fashion.
>>17199676
Neo-pagan kids use magic incorrectly see the above post.
>>
>>17207232
kek, same here
>>
>>17208044
Are you blind?!?! Can you not see the freaking similarities? In both picture there are several circles of different colors.
>>
>>17199678
This, followed by

>>17199680
This
>>
holy shit dude my sister's brain paralysis baby that had a tracheotomy died on january 1st
>>
>>17199625
stop with the "PLS DONT CONTAMINATE MUH SEKRET CLUB"

who gives a shit
>>
>>17207222

fat weeboo roleplaying losers are the onces destoying the board
>>
>>17201550
Underrated
>>
>>17208943
Because a lot of the people from reddit come here wanting to be a stupid circlejerk, not lurking, whining, and trying to be edgy. Oviiously not all of them, but many. So we try to discourage inter site mingling.now do You get it you redditfag? Don't mention reddit.
>>
>>17200367
no, you fucking idiot
>>
>>17205615
No, it's a cheap african doll you can buy online. Someone drove nails in it and attached the rope because he has seen it in a movie.
>>
File: kalevala_2_04.jpg (430 KB, 625x550) Image search: [Google]
kalevala_2_04.jpg
430 KB, 625x550
>>17199717

no näyttää hyvältä kirjahyllyn päällä :D
>>
>>17199625
fuck off nigger, this thread is interesting and belongs on this board as well, who gives a fuck about the source?
>>
File: ay chihuahua.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ay chihuahua.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>>17199680
What's the most effective way to do this? There's always contradicting info depending on where you ask.
Also, would banishing be a good idea in dreams, if something attacked you?
>>
>>17199829
>hung
It's hanged, unless it's about his dick size.
>>
>>17199618
you found the hidden immunity idol. you are free from elimination.
>>
>>17199621
>looks old
>rope on little noose looks brand new

Couldnt BE more fake if it tried.
>>
>>17199625
>ey guiz im an hardcore 4chan anon dont bother me with reddit plz :-DDDDDDDD
>>
looks like a curse anon
>>
File: 1397546871078.jpg (84 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1397546871078.jpg
84 KB, 600x450
>>17199618
>I fell for rebbit-tier roleplaying
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.