[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: scp.jpg (35 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
scp.jpg
35 KB, 1024x640
What went wrong?
>>
your daddy and mommy forgot to use a condom
>>
but they did, I just falcon punched through that shit.
>>
It has become too bloated with things like talking animals and world enders, not mentioning anything about the community around the stories.
>>
>>17188175
>This
There was also a lot of selt-insert Mary Sues; super powerful katana wielding killers with a dark past, somehow magically imbued.

They also have a designation for "Joke" entries, which is not made known to the general public, so you can't tell their jokes (ie. when they get caught self-inserting) from the rest of the rubbish.
>>
>>17188201
Didn't the Mary Sue self-inserts get purged? Or, at least, the blatant ones. Still, that probably was a sign of things turning for the worse.
>>
>>17188219
I don't know. Haven't been around that place in years.
>>
>>17188227
Well, there's over 2000 entries now.
>>
>>17188153
[spoiler]The games for normies[/spoiler]
>>
>>17188219
Yeah, there was a huge thing. All the shit got banned except for a couple entries (like less than ten) that were considered 'historical'. They have some serious quality standards nowadays. Nobody gets banned, but the bad shit gets deleted inside of a day or two.
>>
>>17188153
Video games and lets players.
The slender game literally ruined everything old /x/ held dear. It fucked up everything from SCP to Creepypasta to /x/.
Once they got bored with that, they moved onto the SCP games and the cancer moved into our websites and forums.
Seriously. FUCK SLENDER IT RUINED EVERYTHING I LOVED ABOUT THE OLD INTERNET
>>
I read a couple of the first pages of the SCP Wiki, and it seemed cool, but I'm still in the dark as to what exactly it is. Is it like case files from an organization like the one in Hellboy?
>>
>>17188153
They shouldn't have changed the abbreviation to "Secure. Condom. Penis."
>>
>>17188383
That's exactly what it is
>>
>>17188219
>Mary Sue self-inserts purged
>turn for the worse
Go back to bizarro /x/
>>
>>17188153
In short: the internet.

It got popular and everyone with a half baked idea dropped their turd in the pot and threw a tantrum when they didn't get popular. The most popular/ideas stories got ground into the dirt by people constantly remaking them.
>>
autism
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x375
>>17189892
>people constantly trying to add their own spin or backstory to previously existing SCPs
>>
>>17189870
I'm referring to the Mary Sue self-inserts being a thing in the first place ya big dummy.
>>
>>17188153
social justice warriors infected it through the mods and writers alike.
>>
>>17190693
Then fix your phrasing dingus
>>
It was never good. Maybe you remember it fondly because you were a child not so long ago?
>>
Mate, it is a wiki where everyone can write an article. The mods do 90 per cent of cleaning through shit. Cant you weed out the shit you read that you dont like? Nothing is cannon of all of them. Ignore what you dont like and carry on. There are lot of hidden gems in there
>>
>>17188153
There was a lot of one-upmanship going on, with people trying to make the TRUE ultimate evil over and over. A lot of that got deleted, but the scars are still there.

People also took the advice of horror being subtle way too far, so a lot of entries are 90% [REDACTED]
>>
>>17188201

>super powerful katana wielding killers with a dark past, somehow magically imbued

good lord the cringe. i feel bad for the mods, they should have raised the minimum age of writers from fucking 15 (when no one is even close to a decent writer anyway and full of more edges than bismuth) to at least 18. Not that that would have stopped the mountain of shit they have to go through but it could have helped
>>
>>17192715
>"lel it was never good"

It had its moment of good
>>
Their community is shit now. I got banned from their irc because someone filed a claim saying I was harassening them, they wouldn't tell me who it was, and said I could come back in a year. I didn't harass anyone though wtf
>>
>>17193264
that reeks of tumblrina shocktroop activity.

did you forget to use your proper pronouns, shitlord?
>>
>>17188201
>They also have a designation for "Joke" entries, which is not made known to the general public, so you can't tell their jokes (ie. when they get caught self-inserting) from the rest of the rubbish.
The fuck are you on about? The joke entries are the ones with -J appended to the end of the SCP number. You'd have to be clinically retarded to not be able to notice that.
>>
>>17188201
The joke SCPs are all in an index that's literally called Joke SCPs.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/joke-scps

All of the joke entries are also tagged with joke at the bottom of their pages.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/system:page-tags/tag/joke#pages
>>
>>17192699
This is what killed SCP for me.
>>
There may be a lot of shit
but some of the new ones are alright.
I always wanted to write an SCP, but I knew I didn't have the skill, and decided against it.
>>
>>17192699
Someone should bring up whether that one SCP that's a beautiful women who irresistibly seduces all men still works on trannies and watch the shitstorm ensue.
>>
>>17188153
Your autism.
>>17188201
>There was also a lot of selt-insert Mary Sues
Have you been there in any recent year? That kind of shit doesn't fly.
>>
>>17193630
Try editing it to say that genetic males cannot resist the seduction. HRT and m-muh soul don't mean shit to genetics
>>
>>17188201
Well, I hate to say it this way, but Reddit and Tumblr are what happened to it, even if I normally dont mind those two sites. In fact, I tend to think they have their good moments and uses.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.