[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Third Eye Meditation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
I've been doing third eye meditations for a while now. And for about 3 months I've been getting a tingling feeling in the center of my forehead. Now I'm starting to have strange dreams, and often jump up out of bed in the middle of the night after a dream. What's happening? And is this all somehow connected to my meditation sessions?
>>
>>17184530
Its your frontal cortex senpai, youve got a cancer forming, that causes the tingling.

What the fuck even is third eye meditation, where did you pick it up? No such thing exists in yoga, or quite frnally any belief system that wasnt invented by hippies high on acid.

But honestly, enlgightenment is t a body feeling, its an understanding. Its beyond the body.
>>
>>17184530
Ya, it's supposed to happen.
Don't worry, you either get used to it or it stops after a while.
>>
>>17184547
Is it supposed to be similar to the vibration /electricity-like buzzing before an OBE?
>>
I get tingling in my forehead in varying places when I relax my face- sometimes near the top of my head and sometimes at the top of my nose or anywhere in between. If you focus on it for long enough the "pressure" gets more and more forceful. I've only ever focussed on it for about 3 hours at most because I either get bored or decide it's uncomfortable and stop.

What's the point of it all?
>>
>>17184553
I don't know what an OBE is, not american.
But yeah, you feel like something is putting some pressure right where the third eye is. That's him opening completely.

Now you can either improve it or open the others. I'd advice for the latter, it could cause you problems to make one chakra waaaay too op from the others.
>>
>>17184568
You can meditate for 3 hours? Holy shit you're good at this.
But yeah, I don't know much about the other chakras that aren't the main ones, but fuck me what you said could mean you have something already opened. Try getting the other ones.
>>
>>17184570
Out of body experience. Think astral projection.

I was just wondering if the two feelings were similar and if they were related.
>>
>>17184584
Oh ok, got it now.
I mean, when I got my REM for the first time I felt a pressure on the sides of my head mostly and a bit less up front.

It is similar in the sense that it's pressure being applied, but with the full activation of a chakra something more should emerge with it. You should know what I mean if what you felt is indeed it.
>>
>>17184581

Relaxing in bed before you go to sleep is by far the easiest method, for me at least. Duvet and pillow is comfy :>
>>
>>17184625
Yeah, I'm kind of stuck. I just got it once 'till now.
Maybe I'm afraid.
>>
I wish people understood that the third eye is just your pineal gland... It has rods and cones in it and was once am actual eye for some creatures. The tuatara is a great example as you can still actually see the remnant sticking out.
>>
>>17184632

Try it right now. Remove anything from your face like headphones are glasses and completely relax your face muscles. Your body is your friend.
>>
>>17184647
Yeah I know the proceedures.
Thing is, I trust my body, just not deep down enough to let it go. It sure is a test of love.
>>
>>17184665

Im no expert on any of this, but an accepting attitude is key. Would you be afraid at the bottom of the ocean in a diving suit? It's similar. You're always safe and sound within yourself, even if you imagine yourself not to be.

But I'm off to bed now so I'll talk to you tomorrow
>>
>>17184688
I'll be here. Love to share experience.
>>
Phantom tingling is a sensory illusion, similar to an optical illusion. Similar phenomena include the sensation of surprise, or flenching if something appears as if it is going to hit you, your skin crawling, and ASMR; expectation causes the sensation. It however can be very useful for meditation due to the nature of the illusion.

The fact that it is an illusion can be demonstrated in two ways, as well as give a replication for people who haven't experienced this. Take a pencil or other pointed object and point it at the center of your forehead above the ridge of your brow. Move the tip close to your forehead without touching, but imagine what it would feel like if it were to touch. With luck, you'll feel the sensation straight away. If you have difficulty, try moving the pencil, doing this exercise in a mirror, or have someone else point the pencil at your forehead.

Another way to replicate the sensation is to take a coin and place it on the middle of your forehead, with your head tipped back so it doesn't fall off, but not too far back. Wait a minute and then move your head forwards, letting the coin fall. You should feel a phantom coin sensation remaining.
>>
While possibly related to ASMR, I find that this experience is distinct; ASMR feels pleasurable while this feels neutral. While this sensation can be first experienced by props, as others have noted you can induce it just by remembering what it feels like and expecting to feel it. The sensation can also be strengthened and manipulated by concentrating on it, which is why it is useful for meditation: it gives you something to focus on instead of letting your thoughts wander, and serves as a barometer for your strength of focus. By closing your eyes and meditating by trying to focus on the sensation and nothing else, you can get into deep meditative states, including ones that give roiling colorful geometric hallucinations similar to when you are just about to fall asleep or press on your eyeballs (Don't do this, apparently it's very bad for them by increasing fluid pressure in them.) This state is exactly the same as ones reached by other methods such as breathing, visualization, and mindfulness. The deeper the meditative state, the stronger the phantom tingling.

This sensation is also not just limited to your forehead, for me it is found just as strongly in the fingertips, but to a far lesser extent can be induced in other parts and throughout the body.

To induce it in your fingertips, lay down on your back and prop up your upper arms with your elbows to your sides, and make a cage with your fingers, with your fingertips of each hand touching. Position your arms to balance them to use the least amount of exertion and present the least amount of pressure against your fingertips as possible. Now, concentrate on the sensation of your fingertips touching, recalling the sensation you have felt in your forehead. You should begin to feel the same sort of tingling. You can do this in conjunction with focusing on your forehead, but you don't have to.
>>
Moving your hands apart won't stop the sensation, and with practice you can induce it without touching fingertips, or even while walking etc. One trick is to just slightly begin to move the muscles of your arms as if moving your fingertips apart, but keep them touching, and imagine your hands moving apart. If you are successful, it will feel as if your hands are moving apart when they are still touching, because you are tricking your mind into perceiving that they are. This seems to give an instant deepening of one's meditative state.

I would recommend not being suckered into the fantasy that this is some type of "energy," magick, or the inner resonance of your pine eel chakra colliding with the fifth moon of the solstice. Charlatans love to use this phenomena to sucker people into their hogwash, and they're in this thread in full force. The true magic is in the mind-hacking you are doing, which is entirely internal to your mind, and the potential psychological benefits of meditation which it can facilitate.
>>
>>17184530
It is not open, it is only energized. Thats the same thing a have been feeling, but I have fail in the attempt to open it.

How is that meditation you made? Do you have a link or something?
>>
>>17184733
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

I just don't care as much to the scientific side of it if I can experiment it myself.
>>
>>17184800
>Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

This was originally intended to be a quote about ignorance.
>>
File: 11.jpg (210 KB, 816x1200) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
210 KB, 816x1200
>>17184530
Note the time when you wake. When I meditate consistently (and generally keep control of my thoughts) I start waking from a dream every morning at 4am. I did some light research on the matter and there seems to be some significance for it but nothing definitive.
>>
>>17184830
I can see how, but the other way is also true.
I mean, to get inside a dream and do just about whatever is pretty "magical" in of itself. It does have basis on science, but somethings you just know through experimentation and no science can put that into simple math.

It would be like explaining to an alien how water is with math and chemistry when the actual best way is to throw him on a pool.
>>
Could someone tell me how this meditation is?
>>
>>17184918
I assumed he just meant regular meditation but apparently it's this http://meditationiseasy.com/meditation-techniques/trataka-the-meditation-technique-of-third-eye/
>>
>>17184934
Thank you anon
>>
>>17184918
For me, it's a controlled deep breathing willingness to completely relax. After that is done, begin to imagine yourself leaving your body until the vision occurs.
>>
>>17185012
Actually when I was younger I find my third eye by considence.
I find and old book about meditation that says a lot of crap, but I keep the thought that the main idea of meditation is stop thinking, so I spend many nights trying to keep my mind in blank, when I finally done it my frown start to tickles.
With the time it becomes into more intense sensations, I dont know how to describe it because english is not my natal language, but I never could open it, so ten years after that I keep trying to do it.
>>
>>17184934

Thanks for posting that, I'll give it a go tonight

>>17184704

Hi again
>>
>>17187596
Back. Hi thar.
>>
Can anyone tell me the importance of keeping your spine straight during all this? Why does it matter? Also, does it matter whether you're sitting upright or lying down? Thanks
>>
>>17188324
that's just basic posture/health advice to not strain the spine
> Also, does it matter whether you're sitting upright or lying down?
either works
>>
>>17188385

sick

>>17184934

>http://meditationiseasy.com/meditation-techniques/trataka-the-meditation-technique-of-third-eye/

>Keep your eyes closed and draw both of your eyes towards this center point of 3rd eye. I mean just look upwards with your eyes closed . Focus your closed eyes at 20-25 degrees above just at the center of the forehead (at the place of third eye.) Now slowly at about two-second interval, start counting in your mind backward from one hundred to one (that is 100,99,98,97….and so on). As you do it, keep your eyes centered towards the third eye.

I've noticed that my focus "drifts" upwards when I'm meditating, but I never knew it was meant for something. I always bring my focus back down until it stops drifting and continue that way...
>>
>>17188324

Your spine is the pathway for nervous system energy to travel (through the chakras) so aligning properly allows for a better flow of energy.

You should not meditate to 'open' your third eye. If you enter meditation with this mentality, you will only be trying.

To reach the deepest levels of meditation one must succumb completely to the practice itself. There is no reward. There is no opinion on the matter, it is simply something that must be done.

Even when you 'know' the supposed outcomes of a meditation, it is better to take it on faith. Meditation towards a goal is not meditation. There is no destination in meditation, in meditation you are where you will be.
>>
>>17188437
>There is no destination in meditation, in meditation you are where you will be.

So what's the point?
>>
>>17188437
Couldn't say it better
>>
>>17188443
Spiritual masturbation.
>>
>>17189668
Extasis
>>
>>17184934

I had a go at this one last night, and after expecting nothing I was pleasantly surprised by an intense feeling of "being a radiator". I got to about 8 on the countdown and started to feel tingly, then when I hit 3 down to 0 I went into some full-blown "radio-active" state, if you could even call it that. My body felt hot all of a sudden and I really struggled to stay still - it felt like I was about to have a seizure and I even stared sweating. I also got a mental feeling of being "melted", kind of like chocolate slowly melts from the outside first into a gooey state.

Anyone else tried this? Has anything I've said so far compare with what any of you guys have experienced?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.