[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been in a high place, like the edge of a roof or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Have you ever been in a high place, like the edge of a roof or a cliff, sittinf with someone else? If so, have you ever thought of pushing them? Maybe it was just a thought, maybe you thought about what would happen, maybe it was even an urge, a complusion.

Why do those things happen?

Why does our brain make us think about these things? Is there any reason?
>>
>>17184181
it's called call of the void you fucking retard jesus fucking christ don't you know how to use google? fucking idiot kill yourself
>>
>>17184181
We all look forward to death, and up high we can see it. Delete your thread, kill yourself, etc.
>>
>>17184194
Woah edgy :^)
>>
Sometimes I randomly have these quick flashes of me severely injuring someone, but I am not violent and have never hurt anyone in my life. I don't know why it happens. It's not super frequent but sometimes I just think what would happen if I... Etc etc
>>
>>17184194
That's the feeling of wanting to jump yourself, not the feeling of wanting to push someone else.
>>
>>17184181
It's just intrusive thoughts it's all normal. Don't know why though.
>>
Thought about jumping and what that would be like, but not pushing someone.

Give me time.
>>
This reminds me of an experience I had about 5 months ago when I was in San Francisco. I went to SF to see my little sister graduate from college, did all that family/friend stuff, such as going out to dinner, seeing the sights, generally having a good time. There was one day when we all went to the Golden Gate Bridge to check it out. When I was approaching the bridge I began to feel as though I was on some mild acid or something, just sort of the body high from the drug. I was looking over the edge of the bridge with my family, they were pointing out this and that in the distance, and all I could think was that I should just throw myself over the edge. It was like some kind of force was encouraging me to just tip over the railing and go down. I really couldn't shake the feeling until I was well away from the bridge, driving back into the city. I guess it's the opportunity to perform such an act with ease that causes us to think in these ways. I just wonder if anyone else I was there with was feeling the same way.
>>
Usually the opposite for me. Kinda just wana see the look on the persons face as I leap from the balcony and fall to the ground leaving behind a bloody mess.
I feel as though I could die happily knowing I've forever engraved that scene of bloody concrete into someone's mind. At least I would die remembered.
>>
>>17184298
Probably all the suicide victims ghosts trying to pull you into hell.
>>
>>17184206
Intrusive thoughts
>>
>>17184432
What's so intrusive about them?
>>
>>17184181
>Why do those things happen?
That's your brain calibrating itself. If it didn't shove those thoughts in your face, the part of your brain that rejects such actions would literally wither into nothingness and you'd become a psychopath. We have those thoughts purely to remind ourselves that we don't want to have them. Take solace in the fact that the idea is still off-putting for you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.