[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /x/ think of Santa Muerte, aka Saint Death?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
What does /x/ think of Santa Muerte, aka Saint Death?
>>
File: 0-santa-muerte1.jpg (63 KB, 477x720) Image search: [Google]
0-santa-muerte1.jpg
63 KB, 477x720
>>
>>
>>17182478
She's pretty cool.

To me personally she remind of this old Latin Phrase whenever i her about her.

Respice post te! Hominem te esse memento! Memento mori!

Look behind you! Remember that you are but a man! Remember that you shall die!
>>
>>17182513
>>>/pol/
>>
The Santa Muerte is the most trashy and bydlo phenomenon to arise from Latin America. It is not only a perversion of the Catholic faith, but a heresy that deserves to be stamped out.

It is literally voodoo-tier, and no self-respecting or decent person in Latin-America pays attention to the cult of la Santa Muerte: only drug lords and cartel members, hit-men, prostitutes, con-men, murderers, and junkies (hard drugs) pay homage to the stupid childish cult.
>>
File: ymbfap.jpg (69 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
ymbfap.jpg
69 KB, 400x225
>>17182675
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-06-11-42-35.png (363 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-06-11-42-35.png
363 KB, 540x960
I like their candles
>>
>>17182675
people here likes to worship stuff, that's all
>>
>>17182513
t. Spaniard with no jobs

>>17182675
Stop making conclusions from Latin America based on Netflix series, for fuck's sake.

Latin american cultures had already worshipped death for hundreds of years. "La santa muerte" it's just the forced "christianification" that happened thanks to conquerors.
>>
>>17183088
I know that poster shouldn't generalize, but I can actually vouch for him.

It's very true, nobody actually believes in that shit, considering that the majority of Mexico is mostly catholic.
Gang members mostly follow it
>>
File: 1381705474509.jpg (130 KB, 500x973) Image search: [Google]
1381705474509.jpg
130 KB, 500x973
>>17182675
It's what you'd expect from someone who childishly avoids death, to not get why it's worthy of worship.

Why don't you step it up and slaughter animals for your familia?
>>
Creeps the hell out of me but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>17184175
>nobody actually believes in that shit

t. middle-class white loser who's never set foot in Michoacan
>>
>>17184262
Dude both of my parents are from cotija and I can say 100% that nobody takes that stuff seriously
>>
>>17184262
michoacan es caca, mijo.
>>
Folks make her out like a goddess... but they won't admit they do.
>>
Not much. I know it's from Mexico but that's it. Can't have an opinion on something I know nothing about
>>
>>17184416
I'm from Mexico and even i know nothing about it.

Enlighten me, OP
>>
I'd hit it.

I mean shit, scissor me timbers matey, we're headed for the bearded clam!
>>
>>17182478
Its sort of romantic, interesting... I think its a 100% mexican thing , not latino, Im south american and I have never heard of people worshiping her here.. Also..try knowing some hispanic people instead of taking too seriously stereotypes and TV characters
>>
Tiriru
>>
I'm mexican I can explain this shit

the santa muerte is nothing but the personification of the event known as death, it is the result of the separation of matter not the consecuence of an existence nor deity,
criminals thugs narcos and a large section of the lowest class of population has created this identity to pray to her thus gaining temporal inmunity to death by faith
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 600x849
>>17182478
Isn't she the cute chick from the book of life?
>>
>>17182734
This is making me rage
>>
>>17184339
Stop trying to be a cartelfag
>>
>>17183088
Yeah that's true...ingenious cultures revered death and respected it...this whole Santa muerte shit is just a belief to spread greed, fear and violence..in order to rexpect death you must value life, neither is practiced these convenient followers.
>>
>>17186993
*indigenous
>>
I find amazingly ironic how much wannabe "christians"fear death
>>
Anyone who speaks bad of santa Muerte will suffer. Santa Muerte is the reason behind my success, I'm a multi-millionaire thanks to her.
>>
>>17187010
Santa Muerte and San La Muerte worship is the exact opposite of that though.

I don't know much about Santa Muerte cos here (Argentina) people worship San La Muerte instead. I know some people who just pray to him and give him offerings the same way they do for other saints, but criminals and druglords tend to try and "force" something out of him, like if San La Muerte doesn't comply, they burn their effigies and go full cartel on his ass.

idk one of the things I really like about folk catholicism here is that people make saints out of popular dead musicians who have died in accidents (google 'Rodrigo Bueno' or 'Gilda'). Literally (as in, altar at the site of their death, people doing pilgrimages to ask for miracles, etc).
>>
File: 1397714238295.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1397714238295.jpg
363 KB, 1920x1080
she's my waifu
>>
>>17182657
I'm hispanic myself, so I don't understand why am I being censored. This Santa Muerte crap is trash, lowlife trash and a corruption of Christian beliefs (I'm an atheist btw) by ignorant and poor strata. Lots of cultural elements inherited from Spanish colonialism suffered similar fates. And yes, those beliefs were originally from Spain (in Europe, you ignorant gringos).

Just for the record, because it seems you need your shit spelled out for your white guilt complex not to go all Tumblr on me: this is not a race thing, or even a cultural thing, it's a sociological phenomenon.

Jesus Christ Almighty, 4chan has turned into Reddit so gradually I hadn't even noticed...
>>
>>17187480
So fucking true.
>>
>>17184175
I actually grew up in mexico. Lived there for around 8 years. La santa muerta was worshipped in a shit ton of towns, villages and cities that I travelled through, even several catholic churches that ive been to down there have her as posted as a saint. Saying that nobody worships that shit sounds very weird almost as if youve never been there,
>>
My brother in law a real fagget homomotherfucker is a curandera a healer is the most respected guy in a city in mexico, due to exorcisms and really curing people and telling ur future by rituals including other shit, yes ill kill him some day fuck him and his santa muerte witchery
>>
>>17184339
Cartelfag detected
>>
>>17182478
>>17182484
>>17182496
>>17186939
>>17187320

She makes my wee wee feel funny. I don't know what it means, but I think I wanna hang out with her.
>>
>>17187917
>hang out with her
Get a rope and tie it into a noose, then use something to hang it from. Then put the noose around your neck and step off the chair. That's how you get to Gensoukyo too.

>>17187793
He's a powerful brujo and you're mad about that? Why?
>>
File: Mechanic being sneaky.jpg (82 KB, 752x659) Image search: [Google]
Mechanic being sneaky.jpg
82 KB, 752x659
>>17187480
>that guy who says "grrrrr tumblr reddit reddit tumblr tumblr reddit" when he loses an argument
>>
>>17187998

That sounds like suicide.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.