[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSALM 23 - THE BIBLE The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
PSALM 23 - THE BIBLE
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

PINK FLOYD - SHEEP
The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want He makes me down to lie.
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by.
With bright knives He releaseth my soul.
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
He converteth me to lamb cutlets
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger.
When cometh the day we lowly ones,
trough quiet reflection and great dedication,
master the art of karate,
lo, we shall rise up,
and then we'll make the buggers eyes water.

I wonder what Roger Waters meant and whether it is related to /x/ even remotely.
>>
Seems a lot of media types are Luciferians of some kind.
>>
Well, I had the same kind of impression to be honest. Considering "aura" of the classic rock bands and amount of psychedelics beings abused at that time. But Luciferian stuff just doesn´t fit Pink Floyd. Even though "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" is a bit suspicious as well.
Anyway, it makes no sense to me that the purpose of those lyrics in Sheep would be to just parody The Bible. That seems way too simplistic for Pink Floyd. My opinion is that the song is aimed against political leaders of this world that either think they are Lord or act that way but in reality they are the exact opposite of what The Bible describes as Lord. I started this thread hoping someone would have more information about whether this is related to occult or if it is just ignorant towards the fact that it may offend Christians.
>>
>>17182000

I was a big Pink Floyd fan growing up then i became Christian and looked up these lyrics. I don't know what it means but it sounds pretty evil it don't fit pink Floyd at all but they are all atheists. It wouldn't surprise me if they did make a pact with the devil to become as big as they did. Sucks though because i still love their music and Animals was my favorite album, feels bad man.
>>
>>17183030
>>17182956
Guys it's spoken from a sheep's point of view. A sheep views a shepherd as it's lord despite the fact that the sheep is gonna end up butchered. Then that's a reference to the political situation of the 60s-70s. How hard is that to understand
>>
>>17182956
>amount of psychedelics beings abused at that time

Only one member of Pink Floyd got into drugs. They didn't even drink until meeting Janice Joplin on tour.

Rick Wright
>“Everyone knows the story of Syd; it’s a sad story. I think he was brilliant. Acid certainly had something to do with his mental breakdown. The point is, you don’t know whether the acid accelerated the process that was happening in his brain, or was the cause of it. No one knows. I’m sure the drugs had a lot to do with it”. “Syd was very influenced by a lot of people around him, who encouraged him to take trips. There are a load of acid casualties out there. He wasn’t alone. Back then, we had people like Timothy Leary openly advocating it: trip out and take it every day. Wrong? Yes. Misguided? Yes. It was wrong for me. I took two trips in my life”

Roger Waters
>“I believe Syd was a casualty of the so-called ‘psychedelic period’ that we were meant to represent. Because everybody believed that we were taking acid before we went on stage all that stuff… unfortunately, one of us was, and that was Syd. It’s a simple matter, really, Syd just had a big overdose of acid and that was it. It was very frightening, and I couldn’t believe what had happened.” “We went to the gig and we more or less did it without Syd. He may have been on the stage but really did it without him, he just stood there with his guitar hanging around his neck, which was something he was prone to do”.

Syd took no part in the creation of the song Sheep.
>>
>>17183833
>Only one member of Pink Floyd got into drugs

They fired Wright for being a coke head I think Gilmour also did cocaine and they all smoked pot
>>
>>17183861
Fair enough. Only one got into psychedelics.
>>
File: 2260313-legion_05_by_johntesh.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2260313-legion_05_by_johntesh.jpg
409 KB, 1920x1080
>>17182000
Shepherd-commander? We've detected an anomaly in the system and a consensus must be consider before proceeding to troubleshoot. Until then, Shepherd-commander should halt any attempt to read this in my voice
>>
>>17182000
he's takin the piss aint he?
>>
File: mapsmania2.jpg (46 KB, 523x231) Image search: [Google]
mapsmania2.jpg
46 KB, 523x231
>>17182000
wow someone wasted their time on that stupid drawing
>>
you should be ashamed caitlin
>>
File: p_jge.jpg (21 KB, 170x302) Image search: [Google]
p_jge.jpg
21 KB, 170x302
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.