[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: wow_signal.jpg (65 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
wow_signal.jpg
65 KB, 800x452
Explain this shit.
>>
>>17177728
Ayy lmao
>>
Gamma ray burst pointed right at us.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkycNvrpjCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Neo_1LGVqE
>>
>>17177755
>It fits!
Let me guess: you consider yourself to be a smart science-loving, sane and reasonable person, while doing the exact things religious and delusional people do
>>
almost.like..some...sort....of.....ancient.......evil
>>
6EQUJ5
Looks a bit like JESUS
Just saying
>>
File: oBkHbSt.jpg (34 KB, 474x349) Image search: [Google]
oBkHbSt.jpg
34 KB, 474x349
>yfw they are coming
>yfw it was the declaration of war
>>
>>17177829
Maybe Jesus was an alien?
>>
>>17177755
Nah, it would have happened again, it never did
>>
>>17177829
That doesn't look anything like JESUS
Just saying
>>
>>17177728
>Yfw aliens have been trolling us all along
>>
>>17177755
Our ozone would have been destroyed, which means we would have been destroyed.
>>
>>17178222
Are you thinking of the pulse of a quasar? I think GRBs are a one time deal when two stars fuck each other to death. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WR_104
>>
>>17178222
>Relatively rare celestial event
>It woulda happened again in twenty measly Earth years

>>17177817
Look, I understand your problem with science as a dogma but the fact is that all data we have on it points to it being a gamma ray burst pointed at us. Maybe if it happens again, with our current equipment we'll get enough data to discount that explanation. Fuck, maybe an Alien civilization encodes messages WITHING gamma ray bursts but even if they had, we have no way of knowing with the back-then data.

I'm as interested in the truths of the universe as the next guy but flights of fancy are only useful if they produce testable hypotheses.

Sadly, if it were some sort of intentional signal with an intelligent source it would have been more likely to be repeated not less.

If you want to get excited get excited about them pointing the large array at KIC 8462852 soon.
>>
>>17178298
That is only true if the burst lasts long enough.
>>
>>17177728
I bet he shat his pants when he discovered that.

I doubt ayylmaos use the same radio tech as we do. Most logical answer is gamma ray burst/neutron star.

Our radio waves have spread to 100 light years either direction, so a 200 light year bubble.

>200 light years is the tiny blue dot at the end of the arrow. That's our Galaxy fyi
>>
>>17178258
It's almost like an anagram of it though
think about it
>>
>>17177728
Looks like some nerdy stuff that would probably get blown out of proportion by sensationalistic mass media who actually have little understanding.
>>
>>17178456
10 seconds of it will reduce our Ozone by 25%. 10 seconds for mass extinction and lethal exposure on the side of the earth that got hit. It's all hypothetical, but 10 seconds is not a long time.
>>
>>17178557
>>17178298
>>17178456
>That is only true if the burst lasts long enough
AND from close enough. Those figures are for our sun doing it. This was a distant star. By the time it got to us it was just a little unusual data that a researcher got too excited about and the plebs got psyched.

KIC 8462852 is much more interesting but chances are it will get explained soon. I guess people like to get all worked up over stuff from the past that can't really be explained (because insufficient data)
>>
>SETI receiving repeating signals, at regular intervals
>growing excitement, the only answer could be Ayy Lmaos
>Turns out it was the microwave oven in the cafeteria

FUCK. Hilarious and disappointing at the same time. They sure swept that mistake under the rug.
>>
someone please throw me a (You) explaining what I'm looking at here. a couple of letters on a page full of numbers huh
>>
>>17178688
Its a coded signal that we received from space and the circled part made the scientist go wow even though he had no clue what it meant.
>>
>>17178688
Just look up "wow signal".
>>
>>17178657
What figures are form our Sun? The 10 seconds is from WR-104 which is 8000ly away...
>>
>>17178490
> That's our Galaxy fyi
I thought the big thing is our galaxy?!
>>
File: KIC_8462852_in_IR_and_UV.png (589 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
KIC_8462852_in_IR_and_UV.png
589 KB, 854x480
>>17178657
>KIC 8462852

That's spooky as hell.
>>
>>17177759
made my dog freak out
>>
>>17177759
The voice in the second video sounds like the ol' beneficial cucumber
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.