[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a nuclear war survival thread? Currently the Middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: HumanExperimentation.jpg (19 KB, 499x357) Image search: [Google]
HumanExperimentation.jpg
19 KB, 499x357
Can we get a nuclear war survival thread?

Currently the Middle East is in turmoil. But this isn't like the every day Middle East turmoil.

Factions are emerging, Iran is being denounced by the Saudis and the UAE. Syria and Yemen are both in civil wars.

In the Syrian war, Russia is fighting a proxy war with their Middle Eastern enemies.

In the Yemen war, Iran is supporting one of the factions and the Saudis are supporting the other -- fighting a proxy war themselves.

All the while Israel is sitting there, quiet as a mouse.

So, how are we going to survive a nuclear war?

What do you have, survivalists.
>>
>>17174072
In my mind Swissfags have the best chances of surviving, they have nuclear shelters that can hold up to twice their whole population and said shelters are scattered all over the country so they're easily accessible
>>
>>17174094
or rich paranoid amerifags who built themselves a fucking fallout shelter just because they're stupid paranoid americans with a shit tone of money to waste
>>
>>17174094
Are they open to foreigners?

I wonder if they'll have a mass influx of people as things start to look worse and worse.
>>
>>17174258
I'm not exactly sure, I mean, they have the capacity, but i don't really know, a lot of western European countries have some sort of shelter, I just heard that Switzerland has the most, and the most well equipped
>>
>>17174291
That's cool -- I'm looking at them right now.

They look like very clean subway stations with bunks set up.

I would hate to live in them long term, but it's certainly better than the alternative.

I wonder how much a 1 person fallout shelter would cost to create.

Unfortunate that America's housing market collapsed, I live in a dorm like most students (the richer ones live in apartments) and I can't see universities dipping into their pockets to create shelters beneath the school.
>>
>>17174110
jesus shit this. my friend showed me a website for a company in texas that builds bunkers. at the lower price level it's infuriating that they are probably stealing the retirement money of old people by preying on fear, but at the upper price level it's terrifying to imagine one of the small-community size jobs being sold to like, some cultish christian sect or a rich dude and his bodyguards or maybe some neonazi militia.
>>
>>17174396
Do you have a link?
>>
>>17174072
No spoilers, I still haven't played fall out 4
>>
>>17174396
>a badass Christian militia
>neo nazi militia

Implying this wouldnt be awesome as fuck. Also, I live in Texas, I know some of these people, they are good family oriented folks. Ive never even seen a neo nazi group.
Most rural areas in the US would be ok, maybe get very light fallout but thats it.
>>
>>17174072
>Currently the Middle East is in turmoil. But this isn't like the every day Middle East turmoil.
>Factions are emerging, Iran is being denounced by the Saudis and the UAE. Syria and Yemen are both in civil wars.
>In the Syrian war, Russia is fighting a proxy war with their Middle Eastern enemies.
>In the Yemen war, Iran is supporting one of the factions and the Saudis are supporting the other -- fighting a proxy war themselves.
>All the while Israel is sitting there, quiet as a mouse.

None of this is going to cause a nuclear war.
>>
Unless God blessed you with a fallout shelter, youre fucked. You can buy a house with one. I bet they are expensive. Also stock up on tons of rice and canned beans. And honey
>>
>>17174554
can you let me hype this up?

thanks
>>
>>17174291
>they have the capacity,
>Switzerland
What are you on? It's a country of mountains.
>>
>>17174354

I went to a state school and we had multiple fallout shelters. Dont remember what the capacity was or if they even keep them stocked anymore.
>>
>>17174620
When did you go to school?
>>
>>17174545

This is the way people view folks from this part of the country
>>
>>17174622
2004-2008

There were fallout shelter signs on most of the larger buildings that have been there for a while. I glanced down in one when I worked nights as campus maintenance. It looked mostly like a bunch of old shit down there
>>
>>17174640
I hope they stock them up again.

In my opinion, you can never have too much non-perishable food if you can afford it.

Worst case scenario:

There's never a nuclear war, and you have extra food that never expires.
>>
I can't find a definitive source on this image, but if it's accurate, I would like to know how safe the "200" rating actually is.

Anyone know?
>>
>>17174554
Shilling in an RP thread. :^)
>>
>>
CLIMB INSIDE A VAGINA AND BECOME A BABBY AGAIN

YOU DON'T WANT TO SURVIVE NUCLEAR WW3
>>
>>17174748
why do you say that?
>>
>>17174656
no one puts brick and concrete below the ground level.
concrete footings/ foundation or concrete footings and masonry block foundation.

Bricks on houses have no structural influence. just for looks
>>
>>17174683
instead of using the packed soil option..
I would prefer to remove double the amount of earth and somehow suspend my shelter in the middle of a pool of water...

Also lol imagine how much wood.
Wood beam in pic is taller than the man, assuming he is average height, 177cm, that would make the beam at least 2 meters long.
a room that was only just tall enough for him to stand, just wide/ long enough for him to lie down in one position, would require (1.8)x(1.8)x 2m of wood. 6.48 or approx~6.5 metres cubed.

that is 6 and a half, 1 meter by 1 meter by 1 meter cubes...

not do-able
>>
>>17176345
sorry fell asleep half way through there
the 6.5 m^3 is only one wall.
the real amount of wood is 2(6.5m^3) + 4((1.8mX1mx2M) = total
total = 13m^3 + 14.4m^3
total + 27.4 meters cubed of wood!

that is a lot
>>
>>17174568

>It's a country of mountains
>fallout shelter
What are you on dipshit.
>>
Why the fuck would you want to be alive post-nuclear fallout? lol, just quit the game faggot, the playing field has been destroyed.
>>
File: 1289569125176.jpg (367 KB, 800x586) Image search: [Google]
1289569125176.jpg
367 KB, 800x586
>>17176878
>Why the fuck would you want to be alive post-nuclear fallout?

Might as well look foward to something.
>>
>live in Albuquerque nm
>kirtland AFB
>manzano nuclear weapons storage site
>Sandia national lab
Well I'd be fucked if nukes started flying
>>
>>17174545
Implying that we wouldn't be at least 20 nukes hitting every metropolitan city.
>>
>>17179116
And military bases and silos
>>
>>17177051
> Might as well look foward to something.

Look forward to...
> Nuclear winter
> Poisoned earth, no edible plants
> Dead and rotting livestock
> No clean water
> Fight for the last food
> Slowly die from radioactivity

It won't stop at the borders, you know. This won't be a Hollywood movie. If things start to fall apart, I hope to be at a location where I can watch some mighty nuclear explosions for some seconds, to then be vaporized within milliseconds.
>>
>>17179195
Cleaning water of fallout is easy.
>>
>>17176878
It beats dying a slow painful death.
>>
>>17181072
Of fallout yes.But this is reall world.Only thing i can think off is using high price salts that can soak radiations,kek thats the whole problem about apocalypse
>>
It's all fun and games compared to the cold war when the big countries were regularly fighting through other countries. Nothings gonna happen.
>>
Rather have electricity on Earth, ranging from computers and electronics to car and jet engines, to be disabled permanently then be nuked
>>
File: OPenheimer_first_strike_map.jpg (486 KB, 1456x904) Image search: [Google]
OPenheimer_first_strike_map.jpg
486 KB, 1456x904
Here's a first strike map from OPenheimer on /k/. Most of the targets are strategic assets such as military bases, with civilian population likely only getting hit once military targets are taken out.
>>
>>17181452
>colorado

well fuck
>>
>>17181452
>Wildwood, NJ gets nuked
L E motherfucking L
>>
>>17181273
regulard dirt/sand filters can remove most of the radioactive stuff in water.

The only thing i can remember is if you dont have iodine tablets you can use regular iodine, you rub it all over your chest and it absorbs through your skin (dont drink it)..

Theres actually like, a proper skin area per body weight or something but i cant remember.
>>
File: 1452058051727.jpg (66 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1452058051727.jpg
66 KB, 722x349
>>17181452
It would only take 50 nuclear weapons to create a 4 year nuclear winter.
>>
>>17181452
this map is so bogus tho
>>
>>17176878

When you realize Putin will wise up and step down then make more money in 5 years than he has his entire previous life
>>
>>17174072
you know about north korea and them wanting to test a hydrogen bomb, ja?
that'd be a breach of the UN peace treaty
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.