[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what is your conception of hell, or any sort of negative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 362.jpg (47 KB, 474x656) Image search: [Google]
362.jpg
47 KB, 474x656
So, what is your conception of hell, or any sort of negative afterlife, if you believe in one?

The Orthodox conception is that hell and heaven are exactly the same (first of all, we don't consider heaven-hell to be a serperate "real" from the material, but rather another dimension which property intersects, but was sundered by the fall, yet they still can intersect at times, and eventually will be restored to unity), being filled and fully conscious of the fire and light of God's love. Heaven is when you bind his love to be bliss, hell is when you find it to be agony because you hate it (like a young adolescent who is irritated by doting parents) or are so ashamed you'd rather he hate you. This of course means that people might eventually be saved from hell, even Satan, but we can't sure they ever will, we can only hope, because it requires something on their part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1FzSC8DBs
>>
I always though of hell being Earth, if we do good we go to heaven, if we do evil than we get reincarnated or become a ghost.

Nothing to bakc that up. Just a thought.
>>
>>17174234
Seems anti-material tbqh
>>
From Jacob's Ladder, "The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you, he said. They're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and... and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth."
>>
>>17174300
>>17174287
>>
"Material" is physical. You can't ask a spiritual question and expect a physical response.
>>
File: aa795.jpg (124 KB, 1880x193) Image search: [Google]
aa795.jpg
124 KB, 1880x193
>>17174383
The spiritual and the material are complementary, not antagonistic. The material is only carnal when the Spirit hasn't fulfilled.
>>
>>17173983

my belief is that there is no heaven or hell. our bodies are like giant organic robots, and require electricity to operate. we know it is electrical impulses traveling through our nervous systems that operate our bodies. sometimes ghosts are left behind because rather than naturally defusing after death, the energy that ran that person somehow stayed concentrated. i don't really know why or how, but sometimes it does. sometimes that potent energy somehow becomes the spark of life in a new person, hence reincarnation. it's not really that impossible or far-fetched when you think about cellular technology or wifi. information travels great distances quite easily without any visible medium.
>>
>>17174300
That kind of sounds like "When you go to Heaven, they destroy your identity. If you don't want your identity destroyed, then fuck you."

It's not really an afterlife if everything I am is destroyed.
>>
>>17174557
What do you think of Russian cosmism?
>>
>>17174665
Why would you want to be yourself for all eternity?
you hate yourself.
>>
>>17174845
What makes you think I hate myself?
>>
>>17174923
you donĀ“t? are you totally sure?
>>
>>17174963
Please just get to the point, if you have one.
>>
>>17174845

I would want to be myself, and think that tearing all of who/what I am away would make life before then pointless. If my choice is to discard everything I am and return to being a child, but not even with those experiences to define me, then what am I? i'm no different from anyone else, I'm not "me" anymore, I'm more like a pet, or a member of a herd of cattle, no different from any other. What then was the point?

As for OP, I assumed hell was eternal, and envisioned it as unending torture of the worst kind. I think of it like, being in a physical body, and being tortured, mutilated, yet unable to die, no matter what damage is inflicted, you wont die, your heart ripped out? Feel it all, but dont die. Your flesh peeled of slowly? Feel it, but dont die. A mix of water, salt, and sulfur poured onto your new skinless body? Suffer through it, but no dying. Until at the end of it, when every bit of you has been chopped up, burned, mutilated, melted, and you've felt it all, your body is restored to whole with all your memories of that pain intact, only for it all to start again. The kinds of pains that even if you experienced them a thousand thousand thousand times, you'd still never get used to. Infections and diseases made manifest in you and at full "you're going to die" levels, puking up your internal organs, shitting rivers of blood, coughing up your lungs and suffocating but still living through it, the feeling of drowning and yearning to breath but being unable to breath or die

That. For eternity.
>>
>>17175866
Thats pretty grim. Id like to do whatever possible to avoid that.
>>
>>17174725

i think we would be better off if everyone of us was killed immediately. humanity is a plague, a virus. we are selfish, self-serving, and unable to coexist with the natural world. if we were to immigrate to space, inhabit other planets and galaxies, we would become the alien invaders we make "scary movies" about.

i think the reason aliens watch us but do not make contact is that they fear us. they will let us survive as long as we pose no threat to their home, but fear what we would do if we gained access to their technology and gained access to other galaxies.
>>
>>17176017

also, because we are too selfish and self-centred as individuals, a collective intelligence is impossible to achieve. there is no "hive mind" in humanity. we are weak-minded as a collective, and easily manipulated by a few strong-minded.
>>
>>17175991

I always kind of thought it would be similar to that, but (and while I hate to admit I've watched it) after watching the season of supernatural where one of the characters ends up in hell and talks about it later... yeah... pretty much cemented my idea of hell

But fuck dude, it could be worse. Imagine if there are pains your SOUL can feel that your physical body cant, and can be restored from, and made to experience them all over again. Whole new levels of fucked up.

people like >>17174234 talk about "earth being hell." I had a friend like that as a younger guy. He mixed the ideas of nirvana/hinduism or some shit with hell/heaven, and thought of earth as hell, a punishment for not being good enough.

But fuck dude, I can imagine SO so fucking much worse than being a kid for 18 years, jerking off, fucking bitches, getting a good job, living in comforts, etc.

I mean fuck, heres one for you. You're in hell, you're in a "physical" body like your own, you have every STD possible, your dick is literally covered in blood and puss, but its still hard with fucking ooze and shit coming out the tip, and some demon wench comes up to you with sand paper strapped to her hand and starts jerking you off, theres no cumming, theres no orgasm, theres no pleasure, just pure pain and agony running through your dick, she takes a blade and slices at your balls and pours salt water and sulfur on them, then punches you in them over and over, all the while still just jerking up and down

And it goes on and on, until eventually theres nthing left of your dick, not a bloody stump, nothing just a gaping wound leaking blood and pus... THEN you're made to orgasm shooting jizz, but its not jizz, its acid, and it burns all the pipes, and covers what remains of your dick and nuts in acid, burning them in unending pain, then with shrieking laughter she just stabs over and over with a rusty knife into your nuts and the hole where your dick was.

YEAH... earth is hell? nah...
>>
Hell is eternal separation from God, and by proxy, all goodness.
>>
>For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then shall he render unto every man according to his deeds. (Matthew 16:27)

What place we go to in afterlife depends on what we do here in this life.

>Apocalypse of Paul
For a good description of what hell might be like

>hell might also be represented by reincarnation / karma
If you accumulate bad deeds, you will be reborn into a lower species of life?
>>
>>17173983
your conception is bullshit senpai
>>
>>17173983
There is none. The open interpretation of reality is what makes it so.

/philosophy
>>
>>17176711
It's the Orthodox one.

This is the Catholic one
>>17176112
>>
>>17176097
I feel you man, my imagination is coming up with some sick shit. Like pain is just an electrical impulse we perceive, if 'hell' is real then it could seriously amplify our pain receptors, so that the lighest touch becomes an unbearable agony that no earthly being could ever even come close to experiencing. THEN they do all that mutilating torture shit.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445842948976.jpg (30 KB, 380x500) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445842948976.jpg
30 KB, 380x500
>>17173983
Hell, and other parts of Christian mythology, are not to be taken literally.

Heaven and Hell exist right here on Earth. Humanity is weak. In some ways, our brains have evolved so much that they cause more harm than benefit. We create and externalize gods to turn to because we can't live with ourselves. We go to them for forgiveness, for blessings, for permissions, for confidence, for justifications, for togetherness, and sometimes just for someone to talk to. Most importantly, we go to them for meaning. For a reason.
Abrahamic mythology makes clear that abandoning Yahweh is to damn oneself to Hell, and it's right. Hell is not a literal location, but the crushing loneliness and madness of having no god to turn to. The damned become incapable of dealing with themselves, for finding reason and meaning, and fall into (or deeper into, in my case) depression. Hell. The torturing demons therein are, like gods and angels, invented. This does not make them any less valid or existent.
Simply put, Hell is to live as Belial does. To live without a master.
I haven't found Heaven. I don't want to. I'm in Hell by choice...but I'm not here to burn. I'm building my throne.
>>
>>17174383
Well son im gonna make things easier for you :

It's actually all spiritual. The world you see and feel around you is a map set by your brain in real time as your sensorial organs gather and translate data so that it feels real. But technically the world you see is more in your head than somewhere else. The map is not the territory.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.