[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone want to talk about God?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh_582468_3044817.jpg (51 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh_582468_3044817.jpg
51 KB, 460x460
Anyone want to talk about God?
>>
>>17172263
what about it?
>>
>>17172263
Sure, I believe in God. How bout you?
>>
>>17172415
Just anything, want to pass some time

>>17172416
Yes
>>
>>17172423
what is it to you? how do you live with god? its such a burden and a blessing all in one.
>>
>>17172517
Burden at face value. Sometimes we don't wanna hang out with someone but then we man up and actually end up having a good time
>>
>>17172517
I think that burden feeling exists just because not everyone is united with God. There'd be no conflicted feeling if everyone was on board
>>
>>17172540
I agree. At the centre of it all, it is all we see. and the burden is wanting to hear others as full of life because of it as you are, knowing how pure and simple and good life is. the burden is having to be your own personal christ.
>>
File: Dasyam_bhakti.jpg (29 KB, 360x254) Image search: [Google]
Dasyam_bhakti.jpg
29 KB, 360x254
>>17172573
>be your own personal christ

>"for many will come in My name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many."

We need to be careful into thinking this way.

There is always going to be a Master to Disciple relationship, and Christians believe Christ IS God, so being "your own christ" is like saying "be your own god" which in the way we have the ability to control our destiny to certain extents, we are like God, and can posses many of His qualities.
>>
>>17172612
i mean being close with god leaves us feeling crucified often because we do what we know we must, not what we want, and we watch everyone else do what they will. we can only hope they will see.
>>
>>17172623
It's crazy cause He gets crucified for no good reason, and then His teachings get taken over by a bunch of people for bad reasons.
>>
>>17172623
>23
Verily amen in good time anon.
>>
>>17172573
>>17172612
We all suffer on this earth just as Christ did, but we can not be our own personal Christ. Christ himself is our own personal Christ
>>
>>17172630
those who truly understood his teachings got it though. it is about ignorance. if you are keen you can find out for yourself what jesus was about, if you feel afraid and like you need god not that you want god then religion will force ideas into your head and you will miss the whole point of what was going on.
>>
File: hipster-jesus.jpg (191 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
hipster-jesus.jpg
191 KB, 800x600
>>17172643
>"if the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first"

When we get persecuted, how do we imagine how He was persecuted? Nowadays we get sad but back then they were savage enough to nail Him too some wood, because He loves us and wants the soul inside to come to The Holy Spirit of God.

>>17172644

I like that. It isn't about "wanting" as much as "needing" God. That is the best surrender because it means so much more in that time it happens..

>He answered their question by saying, "My teaching does not belong to me, but comes from Him who sent me."

The way Jesus taught isn't always the way we are being taught now.
>>
>>17172643
>>17172643
so let me get this strait, is this thread full of people who take the bible literally or metaphorically? i am the latter to some extent.
>>
>>17172673
the way i see it, fear inspired religion. but love inspired spirituality.
>>
>>17172677
Not that anon, but I take the NT pretty literal
>"look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly."

>>17172686
>fear
I wonder how religion became a weapon. There is always One Eternal Religion (not to be confused with One World Religion). The eternal religion is about love, and service to God and to the world, so the world can thrive.

The world religion isn't concerned with your spiritual development as much as they are using is mask of religion to dominate cultute and all that other conspiracy crap.
>>
>>17172707
how does god keep you going guys? i know its the only thing that keeps me going apart from my self
>>
>>17172686
Personally I take it literally. There may be parts that are metaphor though because we can't even comprehend the spiritual reality and we have to be given something we can relate to to understand it.
>>
>>17172728
If we consider the "science" of God, we see that everything is going on under His control, meanwhile we still have our free will.

Naturally, if you believe in God, you will try to define Him as energy before all energies. Since we are also inhabiting this body as energy, this energy we have comes from God as the Source of the energy.

We are all parts of God, serving different functions, you could be like a finger and someone else be like the nail, important, but not the whole, but a piece of the whole.

Meanwhile, all of reality and existence inside of God, and yet all of that just being a very small aspect.
>>
>>17172773
so you believe in free will? what of objective reality? I dont decide much. i respond.
>>
>>17172816
>free will
Yes. Sometimes we do things because we want to, other times because we feel forced too. Maybe we don't want to hurt someone's feelings so we make strong implications on ourselves, and really the only one we trap is ourself.

Submission to God still gives free will, however you accept the bond that you will live simultaneously with the righteousness of God, not just for rewards received and the promise of blissful afterlife, but for mercy for when we come to God, we remember we forgot about Him.

>objective reality
If you see 3 people in front of you, and I see 2 people in front of me, that means there are 7 people total, so from the Highest Perception, God would perceive what is objective reality, the realities of the 7 people plus everything that is in existence together.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (312 KB, 958x784) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
312 KB, 958x784
Since when did /x/ become a religious proselytizing-center?

/x/ is kill
>>
>>17172915
your athiest?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.