[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strange perspectives on the mundane.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: RCA_Indian_Head_test_pattern.jpg (320 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
RCA_Indian_Head_test_pattern.jpg
320 KB, 1024x768
We humans tend to think that we are the masters of our own universe, but it’s funny how wrong we are. Like, we have this weird and totally cool high powered mind with consciousness and self awareness, and we think that our bodies belong to us. But we are wrong. When you really boil it down, our bodies are more like a giant pile of tiny bugs which communicate with each other over an electrochemical network. And that electrochemical network is so powerful that our intellectual qualities emerge from it. So our minds are just the internet of our bodies. Furthermore, our minds are just a tool meant to automate the body’s activities which provide the necessities of life for the giant group of little bugs, or cells. We think everything belongs to us, but not even our own minds belong to us. Think about it like this: If you think your mind belongs to you, that is like saying that the internet belongs to itself. And I think people in general are ridiculously far from being able to conceive of this possibility.
>>
Some people think that human beings aren’t animals. But anyone with half a brain understands that in fact we are. And every animal has it’s thing which lets it survive. Wolves have teeth and run in packs. Elephants have a great size, great memory and lots of dexterity in its trunk. Human’s have high intelligence, and complex vocal cords which together provide the emergent property of complex language and therefore great coordination with each other. Humans have an upright posture with arms and hands with some strength and high amounts of dexterity, and our eyes can move very close to what is in our hands, which with our intelligence allows humans to study things closely and develop science and technology. We also have a feline-like curiosity which is tenacious and can border on cruel. We have a predatory streak and like to eat meat. We also have a nurturing instinct and like to care for other animals.
>>
The thing is, compared to other species, the slight advantages which humans contain in their genome are very specific and far reaching traits. What I mean is, a random human, if thrown into the wilderness of it’s own planet, would be in considerable danger of becoming something else’s dinner or dying of exposure to the elements. However a group of humans can very easily become the fiercest beast of any jungle, with cumulative power, tactics, preparation and crafts. Then give the humans access to advanced technology and a single human can become a monster with no equal on the planet.
>>
So I guess what I’m getting at is that the slight tweaks in the human genome which give us success happen to synergize with each other in brilliant ways to give us things like language, self awareness and collaboration among other things. These qualities require such a counter-intuitive approach to evolution in comparison to all of the other creatures on planet earth that it is hard to believe that they developed side by side. Evolutions unsophisticated answer to wolves for success was friends and teeth. Elephants get friends and size and cool trunks and also tusks which I forgot to mention earlier. These things are all direct approach solutions to problems, You got a need? You get a result. Except with humans. With humans you got a need you get two or so qualities that work together to make a brand new thing which is the needed result.
>>
Human beings are stupid successful. Yet our qualities tend not to have anything directly to do with our survival needs. Instead the features which give human beings success are the result of two or more lower tier qualities working in synergy. While at the same time, other creatures on planet earth who have evolved alongside the human genome all exhibit tier 1 solutions to needs. This implies that the human genome has evolved to a higher paradigm than the other animals on earth. My point is that this makes the human genome appear to be alien in some way or another.
>>
>>17165192
>>17165243
>>17165249
>>17165259
>>17165264
I like the way you're thinking, very interesting indeed.
>>
We live in an ordered reality which allows the world to make sense. What is to my left is not to my right, and what is below me is not above me. This is relativity and geometry, and it is how we understand and interact with the world around us, and it is also how everything is connected. Through relativity. But we see other types of connections as well. In quantum mechanics there’s something called entanglement which states that the interaction of two particles connects them and places them into a single quantum superposition, or cloud of probability where each particle is represented by a series of probabilities which describe its position, momentum and orientation. And the theory states that those probabilities describe the reality of that system, that they exist in a wave state together. It is not only bizarre that we should abandon our intuition which would tell us to believe that those particles are floating around somewhere in that probability with coherent attributes -=but instead that they in fact ARE the probability=- is one thing, but the fact that things become intertwined with each other in this relationship is an example of strange, non-newtonian non euclidean connections in nature. The best example of this would be Albert Einstein’s “Spukhafte Fernwirkung” which is a connection which also violates the limits imposed by the speed of light.
>>
This implies that things can be connected in ways other than through relativity and newtonian physics. And some possibilities of these ways have been theorized in physics. These theories such as M theory, Super Symmetry, String theory, etc have been postulated because they provide physicist’s with tools that allow them a deeper understanding of reality. However, our senses of everyday life are of newtonian physics and relativity. So that is what we see when we look at things. We see things constantly behaving in accordance to their connections in relativity and newtonian physics. But we know that there are other types of connections which contradict newtonian physics, such as Albert Einstein’s Spukhafte Fernwirkung. So we have senses which are focused on a specific set of connection which benefits us in how we interact with our environments, but now you can see how those very same senses are a shroud over our seeing the fullness of reality, and provide us only with a sort of hologram interpretation of a thing which is much more complicated, and different than what we are biologically and intellectually equipped to sense. With this knowledge one can extrapolate that all things are made possible.
>>
>>17165192
>>17165243
>>17165249
>>17165259
>>17165264
>>17165297
>>17165305
So that's my craziness, and I have a whole lot more, but what about you guise? I am interested in what you people have identified as the little holes in conventional reality.
>>
consciousness involves quantum mechanics. In a book I read, it was stated that there is a tiny distance inside of a synapse called the synaptic cleft which an electron must jump or "Tunnel" in order to activate the synaptic process. And synapse firing is that the dead center of the brains signaling process. And the distance was filled with non conductive material. And the exact distance required of the jump just happens to be the exact distance that electrons have observed, independently in nature, to randomly jump or "tunnel". So, scientifically, I have been convinced that electron tunneling is the process by which human brains gain consciousness. Hence, quantum mechanics and consciousness are closely related.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 640x636
>>17165312
>>
>>17165344
that explains literally nothing at all.
>>
>>17165382
Well it explains that electron tunneling is used by brains to generate thoughts.
>>
>>17165406
just because we can see the electrons tunneling, doesn't explain why they do it.
>>
>>17165344
Explains nothng and is wrong, and isnt science. Fuck man, if an electron had to tunnel to move between two bodies, . Literally all electrical activities are quantum tunneling.
>>
>>17165486
>>17165473
Come on peeps, open up that brain a little bit. It's true that I am not explaining this perfectly cause I'm trying to paraphrase, but the fact remains that there is a non conductive barrier, through which an electron must spontaneously jump, which is a fundamental aspect of how the brain processes information.

And I can't explain why electrons tunnel. Last I checked, that process was said to be a seemingly random property of electrons. Which to me makes this whole thing much cooler. That there is an aspect of reality -The random jumping of electrons- which is a mystery to science, and which is also a fundamental aspect of thought processing. It's like the universe itself is a thinking thing, and brains use it and hone it to drive our little meat sacks around.

That's cool as fuck.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.