[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Hey /x/, I picked up pic related about 5/6 months ago in spain. Any clue what it is? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>17158887
someone's bic pen art
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamsa
>>
>>17158897
Top link, anon, thanks.

Interesting that images of any of Allah's creations are banned in Islamic art (unless anyone knows differently) but this one has fish, the sign of Christianity. Guessing it might then be from North African/Middle Eastern Christians?
>>
OP here forgot to mention I am a girl if that helps.
>>
Its the hand of fatmah a muslim symbol
>>
>>17158990
>>17159314

the writing is hebrew so i dunno about this being islamic, probably just someone's doodle
>>
It's a Hamsa you idiots
>>
>>17159314
>>Its the hand of fatmah a muslim symbol

Mesopotamian symbol used before 2000 BCE.
Muslim religion founded in 600 CE.

You're only off by a few millenia, no biggie.
>>
>>17159903
Calm down son, the hand of Fatima is just the Islamic name for the Hasma
>>
>>17160160
>>It is /../ a muslim symbol
>>Is just the Islamic name
>>
>>17158887
So you bought that not knowing a hamsa was a thing. Did you think it was just something surreal and then later realized it was a symbol of some kind and thought to ask us? Or were you aware it was a symbol, bought it not knowing of what, and only recently became curious?
>>
>>17160992
I bought it because it stood out to me compared to the other stuff the guy was selling. I then saw images of it floating around on the internet and it didnt occure to me until now to question what it actually meant.
>>
>>17158887
some kind of terrorism symbols
>>
>>17162193
the fuck are you talking about this shit is ancient how could it possibly be an american symbol?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.